Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Judge Guilty

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 14, 13 at 4:00

"Pennsylvania judge Mark Ciavarella Jr. has been sentenced to almost three decades in jail after conspiring with private prisons to trade kids for cash."

Here is a link that might be useful: Judge Mark Ciavarella Jr. Sentenced to 28 Years after Conspiring with Prisons to Trade Kids for Cash

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Judge Guilty

Hope he never gets paroled...

o

prisons for profit, schools for profit, hospitals for profit........some things simply should not be about making money.

o

In a just world with ethics and integrity, this wouldn't happen.

o

Gee stuff like this can't happen!

o

Privatization is the answer to the country's ills!

o

I read about this when he was charged. He must have destroyed the lives of many of those young people. I hope he doesn't ever get out and lost everything he has.

What has happened to the people who must have conspired with him at the PA Child Care and Western PA Child Care detention centers. or did they have any responsibility?

o

That article dealt mostly with the one judge. The other judge plead guilty. I think the one who plead guilty received less than eight years. The owner of the for-profit juvenile detention facility received minimum sentencing for his cooperation. The judge who fought deserves his 28 years.

-Ron-

o

I read or heard about this judge quite awhile ago. I hope he is miserable for every minute of every day as he serves out his sentence. If I believed in hell, I would be certain there was a space reserved in his name.

I dont understand how people can do this sort of thing and continue to look at themselves in the mirror every day. What is it that they tell themselves that makes them O.K. with themselves?

o

I don't understand it, either. How can anyone trade lives for cash? Greed is truly a destructive force.

Without integrity, what is our Justice system?

I'm glad this corrupt judge got his just due.

o

Those who passed the legislation which resulted in children being jailed for profit should be prosecuted.
There should be accountability.

o

When you consider the lives damaged and destroyed 28 years is hardly enough and the other judge? Life without parole.
But I also think Ninamarie has a point-who started the ball rolling and who ignored it for so many years? Why? There should be accountability.

o

Why don't they go after the builder of these facilities who gave bribes to fill facility spots? The usually unidentified participant in the "kids for cash" scheme is Robert Mericle - builder of the PA and Western PA Child Care juvenile detention centers where these unfortunate children were sent denying them their constitutional rights.

o

What a horrible creature. I agree with patriciae...life without parole.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here