Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The results in Greece and your 401K.

Posted by tobr24u z6 RI (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 18, 12 at 6:23

Although our stock market is yawning it seems that the world is relieved to have Greece vote to stay in the Eurozone and abide by austerity. Surely you are resting easier today with the hope that things settle down and that Spain and Italy fall in line. Of course, it will be then our turn to toe the austerity line and surely you will be willing to do so...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The results in Greece and your 401K.

Not so fast my friend. This is very different than the US Politics of austerity.

If the US was in a hurry to use Greece or any other country to give us economic instructions........they would jump for joy to copy Canada's Universal Health Care. Denmark's law that states all workers have 25 days of leave time etc.

So the question is do we want to follow other countries or do we want to be the leader.....United States of America. A country that is forward thinking and lead not copy.

o

Cutting budgets has a partner called "Revenue"... without both working, we can't make ends meet.

Austerity is one thing, but let's be certain that we're cutting from the proper areas, and that revenue is coming in from where it needs to.

Most regular Americans HAVE tightened their belts... now it's up to those who haven't to help a little bit.

I agree with Marquest... we could be such a great leading country... but for the greed and corruption, the power plays and influence, and all the other "sins" going on...

It's the 99% that we need to worry about...

o

J. P. Morgan Chase lost 250 Billion ...more than the bailout money for Greece, yet not much concern or talk amongst the Wall Street Traitors about how that will impact our economy. Nope.

I spoke with a JPM Chase banker last week and he brushed off Diamond's 250 Billion debacle and added that 150 Billion was "nothing to Chase."
I told him that it might be nothing to Chase Bank , but that money would be meaning to thousands of homeowners and small business owners who could use a loan.
The Euro zone talk is being hyped up by the Right wing news sources as part or their traitorous efforts to help tank the economy, just to make people not vote for Obama.
They are trying to Greek us.

o

Heri:

"J. P. Morgan Chase lost 250 Billion ...more than the bailout money for Greece, yet not much concern or talk amongst the Wall Street Traitors about how that will impact our economy. Nope.

I spoke with a JPM Chase banker last week and he brushed off Diamond's 250 Billion debacle and added that 150 Billion was "nothing to Chase."

Maybe nobody is getting excited because the loss was 2 billion, not 250 billion?

A billion here, a billion there and pretty soon you've got a good story?

"JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM) (JPM) Chief Executive Officer Jamie Dimon defended the company's disclosures of a $2 billion trading loss....

More than $20 billion of JPMorgan's market value has been wiped out since Dimon disclosed the loss on May 10. The shares climbed 2.2 percent to $35.38 yesterday in New York."

Hay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here