Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What speech?

Posted by inkognito (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 15, 12 at 13:49

A kid gives a graduation speech in Spanish and this is a hot topic President Obama makes an important campaign speech laying out reasons why you should vote for him and not the other guy and nada. Obama should give his next speech in Spanish is the lesson I get from this.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What speech?

When it comes to Obama, drone has two meanings.

o

Sorry ink, but there was nothing important about his speech yesterday. It's all Bush's fault and I don't know how I'm going to fix it, but I need four more years to figure it out.

o

Well girls I am inclined to agree with you both. He spoke (droned) for almost an hour and had nothing new to offer, if his opposition were half decent he would be toast based on that offering.

o

houseful - LOL!

o

Put the two candidates side by side in an Iowa diner. Guess which one could recognize the doughnut on a plate of pastries.

Is Mitt food identification challenged?

o

"Well girls..." :-)

Freudian slip or deliberate. Not offended, just curious?

o

One good quote out of the speech:

"If you want to give the policies of the last decade another try, then you should vote for Mr. Romney," Obama said.

Can Romney respond to this?

The White House now hopes Romney will be asked this very question when he hits CBS in his first non-FOX Sunday Show interview of the presidential cycle.

Here is a link that might be useful: source

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 15, 12 at 16:14

There's an opiate medication called Opana. Notice the similarity? Maybe we should call him "President Opama".

It's going to be a question of which flavor of Establishmentarian you vote for, and has been for years.

o

I take it you are not a girl then Housey?

Like bboy says both of his drones can seriously put you to sleep.

He gave another speech at a fundraiser organized by Sarah Jessica Parker ($40,000 for dinner oy!) where (after coffee) he said that the occupant of the White House cannot shoulder all the responsibility whereas in that other speech he thought that his predecessor should. I will repeat what I heard the other night "Obama doesn't deserve a second term, unfortunately Robmey doesn't deserve a first."

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 15, 12 at 17:19

Obama blaming Bush? It's actually Romney who blames Bush for those wonderful 8 years and Romney wants to repeat them with the same old (yet newer) tax cuts for the rich and keep spending policies which will eventually balance the budget around 2040 or so, can't wait!. Romney will probably return to keeping war costs off the books too because it looks so much better on paper that way. Obama is just pointing all of this out as our future with Prez Romney in charge.

o

Actually vgkg, Obama has no idea what Romney will do, he doesn't have a clue what he'll do himself!!

o

Housey?

o

Start a thread on Obama and watch them coming out of the woodworks. To bash him. Before you can blink.

Awesome.

o

Romney might surprise us.

Obama has no surprises.
If he did he'd have used them by now.

Four more years of what we've had or worse=Barack Obama.

o

If it makes you feel better, Maddie, I do think the reporter was wrong!

o

Romney gave a speech yesterday also he said nothing to a couple of hundred people and said absolutely nothing.

o

I didn't see Obama's speech , but I hope Romney does get asked the question, how good a shape was this country in when the Dems handed it over to Bush in 2000? In eight years he ran it into the ground, yet in three years Obama should undo those miserable eight years.

Re: the pastry thing. OMG I cracked up. It reminded me of the first Bush not knowing what a scanner was. But Romney didn't know what donuts were called, so he renamed them "goodies". He is as clueless as Bush.

o

So we no know organized heckling will be the name of the game.
Careful of playing with Old King Log.

o

Meanwhile:

Mitt Romney's campaign appears to be run by third grade brats

Zeke Miller from Buzzfeed reports that a Romney campaign bus is circling around the event arena where President Obama is scheduled to host a campaign rally today in Cleveland, OH, blowing its horn and trying to disrupt things.

The Romney bus is now circling the event space and honking. Obama supporters in line jeer.

-- Zeke Miller (@ZekeJMiller) June 14, 2012

20 minutes later:

And the Romney bus is still circling and honking its horn.

-- Zeke Miller (@ZekeJMiller) June 14, 2012

Can someone please keep the kindergarten in check?

o

Sat, Jun 16, 12 at 9:40

Ok, Obama is no panacea of wonderfulness....but Romney? Really? Really!? Ugh. I'm sure Romney will be full of surprises alright, most of which will not do me or the nation much good. His more tax cuts and de-regulations particularly of wall street will only excelerate and repeat our death spiral into the tar pit of greed. If you think that Obama has generated a crisis of confidence just wait until Romney takes over. The guy does not inspire anything but unsettling doubt and a creepy dishonest foreboding for me. The only thing Romney inspires is a vote for "anybody except Obama" and that's not a rational or reasoned vote imho. There are 5 months remaining to unfold before anyone should make a final decision. And again I remind everyone that if you must ask yourself if you are better off than you were 4 years ago you'll have to wait until election day to ask that question....and ask it again during the swearing in ceremony in January. As I recall (and I try not to forget via selective amnesia) Jan 2009 was probably the worse time in our economic history other than possibly back in Oct 1928.

o

Romney's campaign bus was just performing a civic duty. It was readying itself for the next victim Obama throws under it.

o

Driving around in a bus honking the horn is nothing compared to the CLINTON THIEVES that removed and stole the "W"s from the keyboards in the White House and stole antique doorknobs before George W. Bush took office.

But that was funny, and we couldn't take a joke, right?

All of a sudden we are ultrasensitive, eh?

Get used to it.

I hope you get to hear the horns honking from here when Obama gets on that helicopter to go back to Chicago.

o

Lying again are we.

o

Posted by houseful (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 16, 12 at 10:12

Romney's campaign bus was just performing a civic duty. It was readying itself for the next victim Obama throws under it.

Laughing out loud, Houseful!

Obama just threw the people that are abiding by immigration rules and regulations under the bus!

'HONK HONK, Barry's Blustering Bluebird will run ya over!

o

It does seem to be impossible to discuss Obama (or Romney for that matter) objectively. It only took a few posts before ridicule rather than circumspection became the order of the day. Both Obama and Romney represent banks, corporations and military hubris or military corporation if you like,and neither of them support or represent the interests of ordinary people like the contributors to this thread, and this is the real worry not partisan schoolyard behaviour.

o

Oh, Ink we all know that.

There's obviously nothing we can do about it.

Just laughing out how outraged someone is over a bus honking a horn when it was supposedly hilarious that keyboard keys were removed from computers
and antique doorknobs were stolen, and thousands of dollars of damage done by Democrat Bill Clinton's staff.

The hypocrisy of it all, eh? ;)
What's good for the goose is not good for the gander.
Kill that selfish mean golden goose, oh where will my eggs come from?

Game playing.

We can all do it, see?

o

Oh I see it Demi, surely you realise how pathetic and childish it is though? And what is obvious is that as long as this partisan game of let's see who can come up with the most damaging item against the other side there will be nothing you can do. This is the attitude that maintains the status quo but then you probably know that too.

o

Yes I know it.

But I had to have some fun with she who wanted everyone to get all torqued up about the bus.

NOT the bus that Obama throws people under, the one that honks.

It's Saturday-I have to take a day off from the worrying about situation that we are living in, if we don't we'll be more miserable than we're likely to be soon.

o

The rightwinger story about the alledged removal of "w's" from keyboards (and stealing doorknobs now that is pure projection) is a blatant lie, of course.

o

• Posted by natal Louisiana 8b (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 16, 12 at 15:36

Plenty of idiots on both sides of the fence.

Have to admit the theft of the W keys was priceless. ;)

o

The people who prep the white house between presidents are white house employees-they do not work for either side. I remember the big brouhaha about the Clintons stealing a sofa the only problem with this senario is that the staff are the ones to move things in and out-in very short order-Why do people want to believe such nonsense. If you have a problem with the policies of a president then say so. If you have nothing of substance to say then you get sidetracked by someone not being able to remember donuts. I object and object strongly to Romneys stated beliefs about tax cuts for rich people, a promise to cut the social safety net, a desire to invade Iran, his views on same sex marriage, womens rights, pay equality-well I could just go on and on. I do not see Barak Obama as a panacea to the ills of this nation which from my view are mostly self imposed but he is better than the alternative. I dont personally care if his rethoric is stiring or his speeches sintilating but I know that given the opportunity he would push for a better health care system than we have now and certainly does not think that cutting programs for the poor is going to cure the worlds financial crisis.

o

Sat, Jun 16, 12 at 15:56

The thing about the financial chrisis is that those at the very top are making out just fine, are in fact behind part of the problems - their candidate is not going to do anything to make it better for the rest of us.

o

� Twenty-six EOP staff said that they observed a total of 30 to 64
computer keyboards with missing or damaged "W" keys. Two former
Clinton administration staff said that they saw a total of 3 or 4
keyboards with missing "W" keys.
� Purchase records indicated that the EOP bought 62 computer
keyboards on January 23 and 24, 2001. The January 23 purchase
request for 31 keyboards indicated that the keyboards were "needed to support the transition," and the January 24 purchase request for
another 31 keyboards indicated that it was a "second request for the
letter �W� problem."

Here is a link that might be useful: from the GAO

o

Maddie, According to the GAO report linked below, the removal of the W keys and the "disappearance" of doorknobs was not a blatant lie and did happen.

Here is a link that might be useful: GAO report on damage

o
Sorry, MrsKjun

I missed your post just before mine. I didn't realize you had already posted the same link. However, I don't expect Maddie to respond.

o

"Missed"? Snort.

Citing an isolated quote, taken out of context, in the hopes that no one will bother to read it up for themselves? That's the M.O. of the people of the lie. And that's not how it works in the real world.

Not respond? One shouldn't conclude from oneself onto others, either.

"If you want to give the policies of the last decade another try, then you should vote for Mr. Romney," Obama said.

Indeed. And anyone who was present earlier that day and saw heard the Romney campaign kindergarten circling the location, honking, got a pretty good idea of Romney politics.

o

Romney is just plain creepy. He was here in my neck of the woods today . He says in this earnest gasping way he talks ..I was at a Wa Wa today, and I pressed a button and golly gee , guess what..I got a sandwich. Now folks ,that's how business's are started.... He had a very small crowd who looked less than enthused. He walks like he has a stick up his azz.

o

Actually, Maddie, I did miss seeing MrsKjun's post. I didn't see it until I had posted. I apologized.

You said at 14:11 on June 16;

The rightwinger story about the alledged removal of "w's" from keyboards (and stealing doorknobs now that is pure projection) is a blatant lie, of course.

Please explain how that is "an isolated quote, taken out of contest"

My apologies to other posters for turning this into another one of "those threads".

o

Read your links. For a change.

o

• Posted by natal Louisiana 8b (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 17, 12 at 10:28

Good lord!

o

On page 19 of MrsKjun's and my link under Conclusions the first two sentences read:

Damage, theft, vandalism, and pranks occurred in the White House
complex during the 2001 presidential transition. Incidents such as the
removal of keys from computer keyboards; the theft of various items; the
leaving of certain voice mail messages, signs, and written messages; and
the placing of glue on desk drawers clearly were intentional acts.

See I did read my link. :)

My apologies for dragging this thread down but believe that incorrect statements should not be permitted to stand unchallenged.

o

My apologies for dragging this thread down but believe that incorrect statements should not be permitted to stand unchallenged.

I have been accused of a "blatant lie" and we're all supposed to believe Maddie and not our "blatant lying eyes."

"yea right."

The nerve!

Thanks mrskjun and jlhug for posting the government's statements about the missing w letters.

Now let's all get back to working really hard trying to get our panties bunched about a bus beeping a horn!

Beep beep

o

I see the kindergarten is still honking.

o

New Living Translation (�2007)
Even fools are thought wise when they keep silent; with their mouths shut, they seem intelligent.

o

""""""""Missed"? Snort"

You really need to get that Snot uh I mean Snort checked out maddie. It seems to show up quite frequently. Hope it's nothing serious.

o

They say a five year old child has an attention span that can be measured in minutes and unless it gets frequent stimulus its attention will be off out the window or up its nose. This is more or less the level hot topics operates on.

Incidentally Brat "snort" has a history you are obviously not aware of, it's originator is sick at the moment and performing under par but hopefully he will be back to add his derisive snort.

o

Mon, Jun 18, 12 at 20:12

Romney is just plain creepy. He was here in my neck of the woods today . He says in this earnest gasping way he talks ..I was at a Wa Wa today, and I pressed a button and golly gee , guess what..I got a sandwich. Now folks ,that's how business's are started.... He had a very small crowd who looked less than enthused. He walks like he has a stick up his azz

It's a big wad of thousand dollar bills.

o

Who cares about Romney or Obama's speech. It's just the same thing over and over. Barely worth of even a mention. Blech.

The only two reasons I'm passionate this year are the health care reforms and gay rights.

Mom and I have decided that we will always vote for the candidate who supports SOME sort of universal health care, regardless of party (although we are both solid democrats). We are both passionate about it and we supported Hillary quite strongly...we are still not all that impressed with Obama 4 years on. Hopefully, I won't have to worry about universal health care that much longer.

An asinine speech cannot changed our opinions or observations regarding each of those issues. Waste of time.

o

Maddie, According to the GAO report linked below, the removal of the W keys and the "disappearance" of doorknobs was not a blatant lie and did happen.

Some eyes are not lying it is just some eyes are not reading.

Maddie suggested people should read the document. You have to read a entire GAO report to get the facts. I was a Gov't Auditor.

"It states they could not document the claims. They conducted interviews and there were two different stories from both sides. There was limited definitive documentation available. Views of opposite parties would differ making it impossible to reconcile."

They are unable to definitive prove who did the damage as reported. Meaning it could have happened after the Clinton left. It could have been Bush's staff.

If you read the entire document you will see many inconsistent comments that GOA found to be false or unable to document. Not documented did not happen. That is the conclusion of any claim.

o

marquest, this was certainly not the only document regarding this. Some missing w's from keyboards and I think only one or two doorknobs. Not a big deal. Evidently there is usually some minor pranks done between each administration. But calling people liars for mentioning it. Now that is over the top.

o

Ah Marquest--thank you for pointing out the obvious.

This was the Bush Administration's first lie, and they are still telling it and deliberatly so--make no mistake they read it alright: The very next word after their quote is However. Says it all, and too bad that people outside the rightwinger world actually do their own research.

I post the kindergarten honking horns and the resident one does exactly the same. Hilarious.

Ink--snicker & actually it used to be one of my lines, gatorinfla only copied it.

o

""""""""""Incidentally Brat "snort" has a history you are obviously not aware of, it's originator is sick at the moment and performing under par but hopefully he will be back to add his derisive snort."

Nope, not aware of the "history" of snort on HT but maddie makes the meaning she wishes to portray pretty clear in her posts. Doesn't take a MENSA member to understand. Doesn't really matter who adds their derisive "snot uh snort" it pretty much expresses the same thing. Oh and ink, "snort" wasn't originally used by someone here on HT.......it's been around longer than I have.

o

Someone's passing wynd.

o

"It states they could not document the claims. They conducted interviews and there were two different stories from both sides. There was limited definitive documentation available. Views of opposite parties would differ making it impossible to reconcile."

They are unable to definitive prove who did the damage as reported. Meaning it could have happened after the Clinton left. It could have been Bush's staff.

This was pointed out shortly after the claims were originally making the rounds through the right-wing noise machine. But they will still be repeated - fino alla nausea - by those wishing to make petty partisan points.

o

marquest, this was certainly not the only document regarding this

But it is the ONLY document that counts. They were the gov't investigator. Anything else you read was hearsay.

If you are referring to the article in the Washington Post. That is also mentioned in the report. A list that was released by the Bush Admin that was later retracted by the Bush Admin. But as usual and I am sure the Bush Admin knew........News of adverse events are front page, but retractions are buried on page 20 in the bottom left corner.

When you move out of a house you have to go back and clean. The return for cleaning is done by a service. Because the Bush Admin did not wait for the service to come in and do the necessary move out clean up. Other Administration understood what was needed before the next Admin moves into the White House.

I find it odd and so did the GOA found it strange that such a uproar was about the need to have to clean and replace furniture that was left. Normal wear and tear of 8 years of an administration and the Bushes come in screaming.

All I am saying is read the report with a analytical eye vs black and white actually a complete true description of conditions. That was how the audit was conducted.

The Bush Admin was not happy with the wording but GOA was as nice as they could at saying. "You are so stupid" They needed to be investigating important fraud at that time than stupid wear and tear of 8 years of use by a large staff. Like they were not going to order new chairs for the incoming staff.

Instead of reading the reports that were left and we got hit on 9/11 he was looking and whining about broken chairs and worn out computers instead of reading the reports.

o

Tue, Jun 19, 12 at 10:21

Obama would have been happy to see the "O" missing from the WH keyboards compared to the Real Disaster of a Mess that Bush/Cheney left him.

o

You can see where an incoming group might do this to make the outgoing one look bad. If Obama leaves the White House, I would certainly not put it past the incoming Republicans to do this and say that it was the outgoing ones did it.

Can it be proved/disproved?

o

What I find so stupid is what did they expect. These were offices that had been functioning for 8 years. I have been involved in moving from one office building to another. You should have seen the offices when we left.

The dust the pencils long forgotten, candy wrappers that fell behind the desk, slice of bread that a mouse probably brought in to hide for his winter meal. My office building was in a wooded area there were many nights I worked I was on the desk screaming when I saw a field mouse run past my desk.

Just as when you move things will get broken it is called moving. Like I said I my job was doing gov't audit. What this report says there was nothing for the Bush Admin to get their pants in a bunch they wanted to make a issue.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here