Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wonderful quote for fathers day

Posted by inkognito (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 17, 12 at 13:58

After President Kennedy's assassination, his young son, John, asked a visitor to his home: "Are you a daddy?". The man said he was. "Then will you throw me up in the air?" asked John.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wonderful quote for fathers day

Actually, I can appreciate the spirit of the quote, but it makes me rather sad, knowing the tragedies that took the lives of both father and son.

o

I had thought of that den, but it makes it all the more poignant for me. Appreciate the people you love and admire NOW in the knowledge of the impermanence that this quote reminds us of. Fathers Day may be an artificial memory jogger but I'll take it.

o

I agree. I am also suspicious because it seems that the youngster invited the man home. Perhaps he was a guest of the family?

o

Photobucket

o

Well this brought out some nice thoughts, we have have a 'I hate you dad' card from hagar and young John Kennedy inviting a suspicious character home to euphemistically "throw him in the air" from marshall. Anyone else want to throw in their misogyny on Fathers Day, I am sure it will be fun with lots of correct punctuation.

o

Ink...it's...um...Star Wars.

A funny, a joke, Darth Vader is their dad... get it? Sick, twisted, evil?

o

Yeah OK. I missed that hg, sorry I guess I was lost in a "I miss my dad" thing and was upset by the cynicism.

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 17, 12 at 18:15

Appreciate the people you love and admire NOW in the knowledge of the impermanence

....amen to that. Happy father's day to all the HT daddys, love your children well.

o

Well, ink, I've heard from most of my children and grandkids, all of whom love and admine their dad/grandpa.

I did remember throwing my kids up in the air. I remember my youngest daughter with me on my knees tossing her up, she wanting to do a flip and me diving forward on my nose to catch her in time. She thought that was great but was a bit concerned over the bloody and broken nose of mine.

So ink, you don't think that inviting an adult home so that he can play daddy is not a bit odd, even for those times?

o

Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes. ~Gloria Naylor

o

Oh now I get it I just caught the misunderstanding. There was a man who came to visit the home of John Kennedy's parents while there the boy asked him the quoted question. The man didn't come there by invitation of the youngster which is how marshall seems to have read it. I am totally amazed by the negative response to what I thought would be a feel good moment.

o

• Posted by natal Louisiana 8b (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 17, 12 at 21:44

I am totally amazed by the negative response to what I thought would be a feel good moment.

Seriously? With this group? I'm surprised there wasn't more negativity.

o

Happy Fathers' Day to you, Ink.

o

Hope all the Daddies had a wonderful father's day.

"A Father is a boys first hero and a girl's first love." <3

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here