Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Act II Scene I Shellie Zimmerman arrested

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 12, 12 at 18:24

Poor dear, who doesn't know that prison phone calls can't be evidence & aren't recorded.

"She is accused of having lied in a bond hearing for her husband, claiming that the family had little money and that bail should be set low. It was. But it was revoked when it became known that the Zimmermans had access to at least $200,000 raised on a website"

Now his arrest is contentious but is her perjury contentious?

The Zimmermans spoke about the money "in code" during recorded jailhouse phone calls, prosecutors said. Then, Shellie Zimmerman told the judge during her husband's bond hearing that the couple was essentially destitute.
"It is apparent that [Shellie] Zimmerman testified untruthfully at the bond hearing," the judge writes in his order. "The Defendant also testified, but did not alert the Court to the misinformation."

"Had the Court been made aware of the true financial circumstances at the bond hearing, the bond decision might have been different," Lester wrote. After finding out about the discrepancy, the judge said he was left with two options: Increasing Zimmerman's bond, or revoking it."
Small matters in the daily soap opera of US life!

Here is a link that might be useful: Huff n Puff

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Act II Scene I Shellie Zimmerman arrested

On the one hand this is Act II as you say, in a soap opera that has the Right Wing foaming at the mouth about racial profiling and Second Amendment rights to carry and the Stand your Ground right to shoot.
On the other hand no Judge wants to be made an azz out of in Court by people like this on nationally broadcast television.

o

Apparently Zimmerman's father didn't advise his son and daughter in law to
"not commit perjury". Lying under oath is a crime that can land you in jail, prosecuted, fines.

The saga just goes on and on.

o

I stayed out of the posting of act I but this woman's stand by your man with her ixnay on the oneymay is just too good to pass up.

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 12, 12 at 18:59

...."when first we practice to deceive"

So the lawyer guy says "the couple was confused and fearful when they misled court officials"

...uh huh :)

Records show Shellie Zimmerman in the days before the hearing transferred $74,000 in eight smaller amounts ranging from $7,500 to $9,990, from her husband's credit union account to hers, according to an arrest affidavit. It also shows that $47,000 was transferred from George Zimmerman's account to his sister's in the days before the bond hearing.

Four days after he was released on bond, Shellie Zimmerman transferred more than $85,500 from her account into her husband's account, the affidavit said. The affidavit also said that jail call records show that George Zimmerman instructed her to "pay off all the bills," including an American Express and Sam's Club card.

Confused and Fearful ??? LOL .. not nice to tell fibs to the other guy who wears a robe Georgie Peorgie and your Puddin Pie

o

Silence from the Z crowd.

o

Intelligence is not their strong suit.
or...
Otnay ootay martsay.

o

Not only could I never understand pig latin in school but I can scarcely decipher in print, as it turns out.

o

PN, evernay ouyay indmay; itway akestay acticepray.

o

Tue, Jun 12, 12 at 20:12

PnB me neither ... :)

o

OK OM and PN, even though pig latin wasn't George and Shellie's code of choice, in honor of them (and stupidity) here is your "Zimmer Primer" aka "how to speak pig latin".

Take the first letter of a word, move it to the back and add "ay".
For example:

"I want to hold your hand" would be:
Iay antway otay oldhay ouryay andhay.

"Zimmerman was a fool" would be:
Immermanzay asway ay oolfay.

o
RE: Oofway oday

Isthay eadthray ashay akentay away ediculousray urntay.

Erethay areway anymay ormsfay andway ialectsday ofway Igpay Atinlay omfray egionray otay egionray

o

Tue, Jun 12, 12 at 20:42

Way too much work, but thanks Epi .. LOL

o

Erethay areway anymay ormsfay andway ialectsday ofway Igpay Atinlay omfray egionray otay egionray

Yes, but like learning to read, you have to start with the basics. They can branch out from there. :)

Way too much work, but thanks Epi ..

LOL. I understand. Hey, you never know when you may need this. ;)
One more thing to store in your useless knowledge file.

o

When I saw this on the news my first thought was BP. lol

o

I will forgo pig-latin to say that apparently she was sufficiently aware of banking law to know to only move sums under 10,000 so as not to catch the interest the powers that be...some sweet confused thing.

o

Another reason to enjoy this forum: scholars showing off their mastery of all Latinate languages - French, Italian, Spanish, Pig, Portuguese.

o

Purgery charge is not going to fly, although it's a nice move.

When asked how much money was in the paypal account, Mrs. Zimmerman replied that she didn't know but that her brother-in-law did. I don't see how it can be proven that she knew exactly how much money was in the account, and since she named the person who was aware of the actual amount, this is reaching by the prosecutor.

Prosecutor should have called brother-in-law to the stand.

Z's bond will be increased, but these charges won't stick.

o

On the one hand this is Act II as you say, in a soap opera that has the Right Wing foaming at the mouth about racial profiling and Second Amendment rights to carry and the Stand your Ground right to shoot.

Not so. Alot of the 2nd amendment crowd is (and rightly so) distancing themselves from this case, because it's in no way shape or form, a SYG case, no matter how much the Zimmermans want it to be.

As for the wife being arrested, all I can say is it's about time. He lied and she swore to it. I'm wondering if they'll try and make a case against Judge Zimmerman.

o

Now Zimmerman's wife can also gobble up some of the donated money which I'm having fun in feeling quite sure Big PP donated!

"Chocolate cupcakes or cheese nips? M&M's or spiced walnuts?

Decisions, decisions!

Oh, what the heck honey, we both can easily afford to have ALL of the above, donations were very generous this month. Chow down!"

Speaking of Zimmerman......
I wonder how the parents of that innocent young minor, Travon Martin (who was shot to death one beautiful evening by a man who was an armed up, complete stranger) are doing.

Life must be very hard for them, this is the first June without their beloved child alive, well and safe.

So very many more months to be the 'first' without their boy alive and well.

Oh what the heck, let 'em eat cake!

The Zimmermans certainly are.

o

I wondered at the time, what kind of idiot would send money to Z's defense fund..other than Big PP. Those people must now feel duped.

o

bill said:
Alot of the 2nd amendment crowd is (and rightly so) distancing themselves from this case, because it's in no way shape or form, a SYG case, no matter how much the Zimmermans want it to be.

So the NRA who has been backing the expansion of carry laws including SYG laws, in now backing off the Zimmerman case ?
Instead of giving up on this loser, maybe they should back off their support of laws like SYG that
encourage vigilantism and result in more and more gun violence.

o

I think his parents just testified in Florida asking for changes to the SYG law. I can't imagine what they're going through right now.

o

It wouldn't matter if prison phone tapes can or can't be used... how difficult would it really be for an attorney and his investigators to locate a website pulling in money for his defense fund? Anyone with a modicum of computer knowledge should be able to do that.

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 13, 12 at 9:16

Poor dear, she should have used a Cayman Island account.
One can love money but it can't love one back.

o

Wrong class for that!

o

"At her husband's bond hearing, Shellie Zimmerman was asked repeatedly about money. Among the questions: How much did the couple collect in donations through George Zimmerman's website?

"Currently, I do not know," Shellie Zimmerman replied. She and other family members described their financial situation as dire. Judge Kenneth Lester granted George Zimmerman $150,000 bond on the second-degree-murder charge he faces in the death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

But prosecutors say Shellie Zimmerman spent the days before that April hearing shifting tens of thousands of dollars out of her husband's account, then deliberately lied to the judge.

On Tuesday, she was arrested on a perjury charge ...... " snip

It might stick. Or, she honestly didn't know because maybe some more contributions had been made to the fund from the last time she checked.

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

So the NRA who has been backing the expansion of carry laws including SYG laws, in now backing off the Zimmerman case ?
Instead of giving up on this loser, maybe they should back off their support of laws like SYG that
encourage vigilantism and result in more and more gun violence.

First off I don't know WHAT the NRA is doing. I don't follow them at all. People say the same thing about the Castle Doctrine because of people like that moron in Texas that killed two guys robbing his neighbor's house. But then there are the cases like the one I posterd to the Castle Doctrine thread, where if it WEREN'T for that law, that guy would be faced with the choice of killing the intruder, or his girlfriend and himself ending up dead. Are there people trying to twist SYG around to suit theur own needs? Of course. Just like any other law on the books. That doesn't mean that the original intent of SYG is bad, or even ill advised. It just means that those trying to twist it around need to be stopped. That's what a jury is for.

o

I agree, Bill... though I would like to see deeper investigations before someone claiming the law as their defense is just allowed to walk free. Or, perhaps the law's wording requires a revisit to make it better, more solid in its intent.

I'm one of a handful of liberals that still holds the Second Amendment as viable... we should have the right to protect ourselves, our property, and our loved ones... and we should have the right to hunt or competitively shoot, etc... but we shouldn't use weapons on others unless we absolutely have no other choice. I so hate to see laws misinterpreted and misused...

o

Jodik I am in your handful. I feel we should have the right to protect our homes and family. But the political connection and the way Second Amendment Right talking point has been thrown around has made me think of it as "free to kill anybody you darn well feel like".

When politicians began to throw it around as a way to gear up their base the wrong message was sent and it was all that was needed for the weak minds to take it to a dangerous level. Those same weak minds I would bet did not know there was a Second Amendment until they heard the talkers.

o

has made me think of it as "free to kill anybody you darn well feel like".

That's not it at all. In fact, it's people like that who DO think they can kill anyone they like without consequence that convinced me to get my CCP and excercise it. To me, the 2nd amendment isn't about carrying a gun. It's about one's ability and RIGHT, to protect themselves and their family, to whatever extent necessary, which WOULD include the use of firearms, IF NECESSARY. In fact, the 2nd amendment doesn't "give you the right" to protect yourself, or as the wording goes "keep and bear arms", no more than the first amendment gives you the right of freedom of speech. But rather, it RECOGNIZES a pre-existing right, and limits the government on being able to curtail that right.

o

That's not it at all. In fact, it's people like that who DO think they can kill anyone they like without consequence

Therein lies the problem. The crazies have been given permission because the politician have simplistically, loosely, incorrectly, whatever description at hand for the day given the crazies the impression that the 2nd Amendment is their get out of jail free card.

o

Marquest, I've seen comments following news stories in which the person(s) commenting didn't even know which Amendment protected our right to bear arms. If some people don't even know that much, then they're probably among those who think that guns kill people, not people.

It always requires a human being behind that inanimate object in order for it to do anything but lay there... but the talking point has been parroted enough to scare people into thinking that all guns are bad. Like many other things, they can serve a purpose... it just depends in who's hands they are, and what that purpose is.

I don't follow or belong to the NRA, either. We keep FOID cards, and we keep shotguns and rifles for hunting purposes. There are also handguns should they be needed, but I haven't owned one in a long time. I can't afford to buy the one I really want.

My problem is in the wording of some of these laws... like the SYG law, which practically gives free license to kill without a lot of discretion... or in depth investigation.

Handguns are mainly used to shoot people. They are not accurate enough at the distance needed to do much else. Most altercations with handguns happen within a very close space. The shorter the barrel, the less accuracy the farther away the shooting occurs.

Without the instant communication of the internet, most of the stories we see could easily get swept under a rug somewhere... and we'd never hear about them. But thanks to worldwide communication, and certain types of technology, we can gain justice where it's needed by pressing the issues.

o

I never hunted and no one in my family hunted. So I am not familiar with guns for sport or for food survival.

My father was a cop he had all girls he taught us to shoot and sent us all to self defense school. He wanted us to be able to protect ourselves. Since I was brought up around guns and defending myself I never thought guns were bad. But a self defense tool.

I have only had the need to use it as such one time. I was trained not to pull it out unless you are prepared to use the gun. I did not kill him but I had no choice but to use the gun.

A 18 year old boy broke into my home knowing that my daughter and I were home and up because the TV was going my daughter was taking a shower. The next thing I heard was a scream it was my daughter that came out of the shower and saw him crawling on the floor toward the bathroom.

I keep the gun loaded and beside my bed. It only takes me as long as to reach for the gun for protection. When I came out of the room he stood up but did not turn to run. I could see he was young but a very large boy I took out his legs.

We learned he had broken into other homes in the neighborhood with young girls. He had not hurt anyone at that point but was just a looker. He was a foster child of someone in the neighborhood. I had never seen him before but he had mental problems. But I had no guilt for protecting my daughter and my home from an intruder.

I have a Cane Corso Mastiff that is protection trained and if she leaves anything and a intruder is still able to harm I will not hesitate to take them down. I have a right to protect what is mine.

o

Marquest, what a scary story. I have no desire to harm anyone, and would "retreat" if home alone, but I would definitely shoot to harm/kill if my kids were home with me.

Break into my house and I will simply assume that we are in danger.

o

We've never been without protection trained dogs, Marquest, and guns, whether rifles, shotguns or handguns... and my husband, though more disabled than not, now... can still manage a lot of the martial arts he learned when younger. It's amazing what the body can do in emergency situations. He'd be a hurtin' puppy for a couple of weeks following any such fast movements now, but you do what you have to do, when you have to do it!

I've seen him in action, and I'd hate to be the one he was putting down! He once took out a very large guy of about 30 or so that thought it was ok to beat on my 16 year old son about a third of his size. Within 20 seconds, the guy was lying on the ground, face bleeding, holding his broken arm and separated shoulder. I'd bet he pissed blood for at least a week.

We've always had fully trained American Bulldogs, Scott Type, and Olde Bulldogges... both of which breeds are wonderfully trainable, very multi-purpose, and can do as much damage as you allow them to. By the same token, one command and they drop and stop.

Sometimes, living rurally has its disadvantages, too... people think they can roll you at night at small gas stations when there's no one around. Many, many moons ago, when we lived up north, my husband went out to get a pack of smokes at night. He took a dog with him, and she was laying on the back seat enjoying the ride. He got jumped by three guys on his way back to the car, and with a quick whistle, the dog jumped out the car window and had a field day! Two ran away bleeding, shouting, "El perro Diablo! El perro Diablo!", and they left the third guy laying there. Stuff happens everywhere, and you never know when you might have to protect yourself.

As the world gains in negativity, and people become desperate, overly depressed, homeless and hungry, or go off the deep end over whatever might be wrong in their lives, I think it becomes more and more important to be prepared for the likely hood of a break in or theft, or some type of violent behavior. One never knows.

I have no qualms or fears regarding the protection of my family, and I won't hesitate to do so. While some people live close enough to civilization that a 911 call gets a quick response, those who live rurally are left pretty much on their own.

However, everyone in this area knows full well they'd be up against an entire pack of dogs, and several adults fully knowledgeable and proficient in the use of weaponry... and then there are motion sensitive lights, security system, gates, so I think it's safe to say that no one is stupid enough to try a break in here.

o

Break into my house, continue to stay when we have screamed that we have a gun - then you know it's occupied and choose to stay for your reason - then understand that I consider you to want to attempt to kill me and/or my husband and/or my dogs, and I will protect me and mine in any way possible.

For my well being, I assume you are not there just for "stuff" if you know the house is occupied - you should assume I assume this.

If I get to my handgun which is ready to go at all times but well hidden and easily grabbed and practically in plain sight, I will use it and shoot to kill, not to wound.

I would never be so good a shot, under those circumstances, to aim at anything smaller than the chest. I would not even try to would. I would shoot to kill.

It would be terrible, perhaps honestly very nearly the worst thing to ever happen to me, knowing myself I would never, ever get over the event - but I would be alive to beat myself up over the fact that I killed another human being.

o

Jodik after what happened to me proves you do not have to live rural. Had I not been brought up to be ready to protect I would not have been there beating the crap out of him with what ever I could get my hands on.

I had always had dogs but they were lap dogs. I got the protection dog when I moved to the larger property. I am still in the burb but we all have acres of land I have 4 acres and the house sits back and very secluded. My father's safety first voice rang in my head so I got the dog and we went to training school.

I really felt safe because I was in a nice suburban neighborhood and the crime rate was so low. I have left my wallet on the porch and went to work and when I returned home it was still on my porch untouched. I really thought I would never need the gun close but my father's voice and training stuck with me. You are not safe anywhere.

--------------------------------
Bird Lover I cannot ever remember being that afraid. What sent my blood pumping was my daughter's scream. She screamed and said Mommy a MAN. She calls me Mom. She had never called me Mommy before then or since. He came in through a open window in the laundry room lower level and came up the steps 3 floors up. He was lucky I did not shoot to kill.

o

I would never be so good a shot, under those circumstances, to aim at anything smaller than the chest. I would not even try to would. I would shoot to kill.

You NEVER aim for anything less than center mass.

o

Fri, Jun 15, 12 at 6:36

My dad was a homicide detective, had an arsenal of guns under lock and key and not once did he advise and/or train us to use a gun ... I do not own a gun and all I have is a very old cat.

o

You NEVER aim for anything less than center mass.

That was my training but my personality.....shoot lower. Could have been a fatal decision for me and my daughter.

Ohiomom what was your father's instruction of safety as a female. Did he give you the talk?

My dad was a Georgia Farm boy, served in the army, came to the big city to work in the steel mills and on to the police force. Protection, safety, survival was his topic of conversation. I thank God for that country boy. If it had not been for his training I do not think I would be here today. There has been so many situation I have had many WWDD (What Would Dad Do) moments in my life. lol

o

Fri, Jun 15, 12 at 9:13

My father was also a farm boy who grew up in rural ETN and came to Ohio after serving in WWII .. was a merchant marine and then joined the police force.

He taught us "physical" self defense, not weapon. I practice common sense. Have lived in the city my entire life and have never encountered a situation where I would need a weapon.

Have no problem with people who own weapons, just do not want one.

o

Have no problem with people who own weapons, just do not want one.

I did not get that impression from what you said.

Common sense is the best even if you have a weapon. You had a blessed life especially living in a big city.

I know why my life had so many serious incidents was because of my job.

I was in different cities at least 3 week a month for 30 years. I found myself lost in some pretty bad neighborhoods late at night before the GPS days, Hotels in different cities. So I was destined to have a good amount of incidents that common sense kept me alive to live another day.

I have thought about writing a book one day.

o

Even when I trucked cross country with my ex, we traveled with a dog... and a weapon. One simply never knows who or what types of situations one may encounter... and as they say, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

There's nothing quite as frightening as being asleep, locked inside your semi cab at night, and suddenly awakening to the sound of someone pounding on your door or window! Or fiddling with the door handle and lock, trying to get in!

I would imagine it's equally as frightening for the person trying to gain entrance to suddenly see a large canine mouth full of teeth suddenly appear in the window, gnashing those teeth, snarling and barking and trying to get at them! And then to be equally as shocked to see the barrel of a gun pointed at your face appear next to the dog!

In those situations, it's not always possible or convenient to park in a fully lighted truck stop, so sometimes we were forced to sleep at rest areas, or in company parking lots... and though we'd like think the world is filled with good people, such is not always the case.

In fact, there are several inner city areas around the nation where you are specifically told by your company to not enter the city until your delivery time approaches, and to leave as soon as you are unloaded. Truck hijackings are rather common, as is cargo theft.

I recall a time when ourselves and one other truck from the same company were traveling together, following each other through Utah... and we all had to make a quick pit stop in the middle of the night. We pulled into a small rest area, with those very small outhouse style restrooms, and while the guys went to the mens room, I got a flashlight and took the dog for a quick walk. When it was my turn to use the ladies room, I walked toward the door... and a smell hit me that told me to go no further... it was the sickly sweet smell of decaying human flesh. I squatted next to the truck tandem wheels and relieved myself, and we hightailed it out of there! The experience scared the daylights out of me! We didn't even bother to open the door for a peek... there is no mistaking that smell... it is unlike any other.

Another time, we were almost the victims of a robbery in the outskirts of New Orleans... we were walking back toward our car... we were vacationing... and had stopped at night to grab a bite to eat... and we were approached by a single man, young, tall, not too overly large, but still... he pulled out a knife and told us to hand over everything we had including cash, wallets, jewelry, etc... thinking fast, I reached into the inner pocket of my leather jacket and started to pull my pistol... before I even got it all the way out, he turned and ran. We got in our car and left. I would have shot him, though, had he come any closer and made any threatening moves, aside from holding the knife out in front of him. His mistake was in thinking that he could frighten us with a knife, and begin such a robbery from a distance of at least 18-20 feet away. Not too smart, I guess.

There is evil where one might not think... and I've always felt it was better to be prepared than to get hurt, or worse, because I wasn't prepared.

Some people go through their entire lives without encountering any incidents of a bad nature... as skeptical as I am when it comes to human nature, I'd simply rather be prepared for the worst.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed. That's one of the mottos we live by. And even though it refers to other areas of life, being prepared to face the worst hasn't hurt us yet.

o

WOW Jodik we should write a book together. My end would be the airline, hotel, cab horror show and your end could be the truck stop on the road horror show. lol

Traveling for business I did not want the trouble I knew it would cause traveling with a gun and a dog surely would not be possible. One of my most scary moments was traveling all day and delays from one airline to another from 7am that morning and did not land until 10 pm that night a travel day that should have been a 4 hr flight to my destination.

I got in to a cab to go to the hotel. The cab driver got off the freeway and started down a dark road where there was nothing but what looked to me was abandoned buildings.

I pulled out my cell phone and called the hotel. Clerk answered I said....."Hello "My name is.............checking into to your hotel today. I am in cab number #### his name is -------and I think we are lost he pulled off the highway do you think you could give him directions?" He started yelling I am not lost. I asked them to stay on the phone with me until I arrive he is saying he is not lost. He backed the cab up and got back on the highway.

I arrived at the hotel in 3 minutes after the call. I told the clerk I am outside the hotel now. They came out and looked at him and took my luggage out of the cab. My company had a Loyalty policy with Marriott hotels so usually 10 to1 they would recognize my name because I would have stayed in their hotel at least a couple times that year. I was a Marriott Gold Member and got perks for loyalty.

Was he planning something illegal..... I think he was. But my cell phone and my protection training was the only protection if he stopped to do me harm.

Before I left home for my destination the first thing I did was enter the hotel number in my phone on speed dial. When I rented a car if I was lost they were the one I called. I never thought I would need to call them if I was taking a cab.

o

Your scenario, Marquest, sounds to me like the beginnings of what might have turned out to be a robbery, or worse... a rape. I am glad you had the training, the forethought, and the common sense and fast thinking to turn the situation around in your favor. I shudder to think what might have happened if you had been a frightened passenger not in complete control.

Like me, you have been trained not to allow panic to enter a situation... to stop and think carefully but quickly about your options... to assess the best move to make, or the right thing to do. You don't allow fear to paralyze you, and that's a very good thing.

There's time afterward to be scared, to break down and cry... but before and during, you must remain calm and in control. You must learn to make that adrenaline work FOR you and not against you.

We probably COULD write a book about the various situations we've found ourselves in. As women, it's even more important to be adequately prepared. There are many men that would see us as easy targets.

Though it's sometimes due to a mental defect, or perhaps the environment that person was exposed to and raised in, it's also sometimes that same outdated thinking process or mindset that we talk about that makes men abuse their women. They automatically see all women as the weaker sex, and it's their belief that we should bow down in front of them as though they were somehow higher on the food chain, more powerful, controlling... and females not of equal value... or strength.

If there's one thing I've learned about people, it's that size is irrelevant. It's the faster thinker and mover that can easily outwit and/or disarm a larger opponent. Somewhat like a chess game, we have to remain calm and think at least one move ahead of our opponent.

Retreating from this type of harm usually ends badly. Few women in panic mode can outrun a stronger opponent. Fleeing is never an option unless you already have the advantage, by disabling your attacker. A groin shot, a kick to the face, a stab with any object you can find... then you run and scream for help. You always want at least a 15 second window of escape.

15 seconds doesn't sound like a lot of time, but in this type of situation, it's a long time. Just because you take off running and screaming doesn't mean anyone will stop to help you. Self-reliance is a good thing.

Most bullies or attackers are used to women giving up in fear. It empowers them. But if you disable them and turn the tables, they're suddenly out of their usual element, and unable to cope. Many times, they'll get up and run the other way, so as not to take more damage or get caught by authorities.

Flight or fight are the two main drives... and if you hurt them, they'll more often than not go into flight mode.

Anything can become a weapon... keys, a pen, a piece of glass or metal found on the ground, a high heel shoe, anything that can cut or be used to break a bone or cause physical damage of some kind. Even a rolled up newspaper can stop an attacker. Jammed up under the jaw, it feels like a baseball bat. There's no give to it when it's tightly rolled up. There are a million self defense techniques that people simply don't think about in the moment.

Being prepared in advance for any type of negative situation can literally save your life.

o

Well I have hijacked Shellie Zimmerman. I am sorry.

Jodik you are good at reading people. You understand me very good. I DO always use my panic to think fast, I even say it over and over in my mind. Think fast, you are in trouble. I have people tell me when things happen and they are around me they say my expression even does not show the fear, upset, etc. I may look weak because I am small but when the going gets tough I will not go down easy. I was planning my next move if the call did not work. I was preparing for the fight.

There are things you learn when you traveled as much as I did. You need the cab number before you get in the cab if you leave something behind. You get the cab number and the driver's name before you get in the cab. Never drag your own luggage always use a red cap. They know the legitimate drivers and they help so you have time to get the info you need before you sit down in a cab. If you want to report them that is info you need. I never imagined I would need it to save my life.

Yep you scream, cry, fall apart but not until the incident is over and you are safe.

o

Good advice, Marquest... very good advice for the traveler. These are little things that, many times, people don't think about.

Yes, we've totally hijacked the thread... but it appears as though people were kind of done talking about the news that Zimmerman's wife had been arrested for perjuring herself. I think we all knew it was only a matter of time.

This is what makes the instant communication of computer technology and social networking so great... it's a tool we can all use with many, many purposes. We can share news, gather information... and in this case, also share information on how to protect oneself.

From what I gather, Zimmermann's father publicly announced that he would only involve himself as a father, and not as a former justice... leaving the son to do as he would... and we all see where that is leading. He has now involved his wife, and though she knew it was wrong, she perjured herself anyway, making the case look that much more odd... what do you all make of it now?

o

Well...looks like none is able to think something up, this time around. What happened? FOX got their tongue?

o

I had not heard anything so I went out and did a search. I can see why Fox and other supporters are being very silent.

Looks like they may get tied into Federal charges before the day is done. If he walks on the Trayvon charges he and his wife could face Federal charges. Those supporters better start sending more money.

I can imagine his father sitting there shaking his head wondering where he went wrong with this man.

The silly part is it really was not a lot of money when you look at the value of the outcome of his wife and his life. But it does give a look into how low their values appear to present themselves.

In front of a nation that watched as "Justice for Trayvon" became a rallying cry for thousands of protesters across the country, O'Mara will have a difficult task to rebuild the Zimmermans' credibility, legal analysts say.

Indeed, the couple's problems may multiply if authorities find that Ms. Zimmerman willfully structured the cash transfers to avoid alerting the IRS, Jeffrey Neiman, a former federal prosecutor, told the Associated Press. Such diversions, he says, could lead to "serious federal criminal charges."

"You can't perpetrate this kind of fraud on the court and expect there's not going to be consequences," Florida legal analyst Bill Sheaffer told WFTV, a news station in Orlando.

o

What I don't understand is why, with today's forensic and investigative techniques, anyone would perjure themselves in court... they have to know they'd get caught. Why risk it? It doesn't make a bit of sense.

o

It doesn't make a bit of sense.

It does not make sense to us but...... Z seems to think he is above the law heck he is the law. I hate to judge people by their looks but....In light of what Mrs Z did and looking at her mug shot I kinda think she was just clueless and following the lead of the above the law Mr Z.

o

The part that amused me was that with all his experience with the local law they didn't realize that all phone conversations are taped and listened to by people trained to pick up on "code".
That is the reason the phones look like old fashioned pay phones and you key in your pin number. All calls only go to pre-approved numbers and they are collect calls that have to be accepted by the recipient.
Every week at visitation time at the prison, there were plain clothes deputies waiting to intercept the drugs that some inmate was having delivered. Not too bright.

o

I once went to visit my ex-brother-in-law in Vandalia, which is more of a minimum security work farm, and I was horrified and embarrassed by what I had to go through to get into the visitation room! I felt completely violated, even though I realize it's a necessary procedure.

I was stripped, felt up, felt down, searched... it was quite the experience! One I do not think I want to repeat!

And in case anyone was wondering, he was sentenced to a little time for a couple of DUI's.

But you are right about some people not being too bright... like thinking that a simple deletion and cache dump will expunge computer information, for example... people usually get caught by the stupidest of mistakes.

My husband is fond of saying... "jails are filled with stupid people; they all got caught."

With this particular case, the Zimmermann one, it seems like they just keep sinking deeper and deeper in a mire pit of their own making. How hard is it, really, to locate a public website asking for funding, and then follow the PayPal and bank trails? Dire straights? Not having two nickels to rub together is dire... having access to over $200,000 is not.

o

It seems I have heard that all jails and prisons where telephones are used by the accused inform all parties concerned, before every phone call begins - that the calls are being monitored/recorded and that any gathered information can and will be used against them.

I think I heard this regarding Casey Anthony and why the parents quit visiting her in jail - the calls kept getting leaked to the press and all three decided that visits were a waste. I would have thought that Casey would have at least wanted just to see her parents without discussing the case at all, just simple contact but evidently not.

I think Z understands that a whole lot of people were defending his shooting of an innocent kid and felt the power that can lend to a person. It was discussed heavily on the internet, he was the star for the moment. He just didn't take the money situation too seriously, he had a great deal of the country willing to excuse him anything, including hiding donated money intended for his defense (and not a future Cabo San Lucas vacation etc. spending spree!).

After all, look at how much money people around the country are willing to send him just because they are in an argument about how innocent/guilty he actually was that night? And probably still send him money. Lots of strange people out there.

I find it incredible the REASONS why people, strangers to the accused, are willing to part with their money.

Even Z must be just dumbfounded by the amount of money that is probably even now still rolling in from people he has never seen before.

I understand that for the entire time Casey Anthony was in jail, total strangers across the country were sending her checks, a few larger but mostly small checks that probably those doners really couldn't afford to part with. The entire time she was in jail, all those years. Maybe even still do, via her attorney.

It boggles the mind.

I mean.....why?

There are hungry children right in the same town as every jail cells/prison and THIS is the "charitable" way which so many are so willing to part with their hard earned cash?

I don't get it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here