Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Treason Reason for Impeachment

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 27, 12 at 18:25

Giving away precious territory to the Russkies!

Wes Riddle in Texas believes he has good grounds or perhaps it's dengue fever.

BELTON, TX � West Pointer and retired military officer Wes Riddle is running for U.S. Congress District 25. He says he considers it a duty to hold the President to account for potential high crimes and misdemeanors, and he vows to begin the impeachment process the day after he swears in.

The reasoning for President Obama�s impeachment begins with the fact that the State Department is giving away seven strategic, resource-laden Alaskan islands to Russia. These seven islands in the Arctic Ocean and Bering Sea include one the size of Rhode Island and Delaware combined. The Russians will also receive tens of thousands of square miles of oil-rich seabeds surrounding the islands. The Department of Interior estimates billions of barrels of oil are at stake.

The State Department has undertaken the giveaway in the guise of a maritime boundary agreement between Alaska and Siberia. Our own federal government drew the line to put these seven Alaskan islands on the Russian side. But as an executive agreement, it could be reversed with the stroke of a pen by President Obama or Secretary Clinton. The agreement was negotiated in total secrecy, not allowing the state of Alaska to participate in the negotiations, and was the public was not given any opportunity to comment. All resolutions of opposition passed by the Alaska have been disregarded by the State Department.

President Obama�s abuse of power and blatant disregard to the Constitution also calls for impeachment. The President ignored Article 2, Section 2 when he appointed Richard Cordray as the director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) without the advice and consent of the Senate. President Obama stated publicly that he would not allow a handful of Republicans to stop him from doing what he desires. That "handful" of Republicans are the elected representatives of the people, empowered by the Constitution to approve or deny appointments to high offices.

On February 3rd, Senator John Cornyn (R-TX) and 38 of his colleagues announced their intention to file an amicus brief and join a court challenge to President Obama�s unconstitutional "recess" appointments of individuals to lead the CFPB and National Labor Relations Board. Wes Riddle supports this movement, as well as efforts made by Representative Bill Flores and his colleagues to impeach the President.

Along with the Alaskan island giveaway and appointment of Richard Cordray, President Obama has requested to remove a clause from Section 1021 of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) that prevented the President from having the power to detain people, saying, "I won�t use this ability." It would be foolish to allow the same man who is giving away our land and resources to foreign powers to have to ability to detain citizens at will. Not only will Wes Riddle work towards the impeachment of the President, he will support efforts to immediately repeal the NDAA and return us to constitutional law.

"the islands had actually been forked over by President George H.W. Bush in 1991, when he signed a treaty with Russia permanently establishing the maritime boundary. All of the islands are squarely on the other side, and most of them are pretty close to the mainland; it'd be like Spain claiming Nantucket. Also: Both of Alaska's senators voted for the treaty. (The call was coming from inside Alaska!) In other words, case closed."
So not so hot just a touch of Dementia!

From Face Book & Mother Jones

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Treason Reason for Impeachment

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 27, 12 at 18:27

"wackadoodledoos"

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 28, 12 at 9:20

At least Sarah Palin can see Russia more clearly now.

o
RE: Treason Reason for Impeachment, ....gop sure like peaches

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 28, 12 at 9:52

....aaaahhh, nah...no she can't

o

President Obama's abuse of power and blatant disregard to the Constitution also calls for impeachment. The President ignored Article 2, Section 2 when he appointed Richard Cordray as the director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) without the advice and consent of the Senate. President Obama stated publicly that he would not allow a handful of Republicans to stop him from doing what he desires. That "handful" of Republicans are the elected representatives of the people, empowered by the Constitution to approve or deny appointments to high offices.

And the recess appointment of John Bolton as U.S. representative to the United Nations by President Bush?

o

Is this the year of Wackadoodles, or something? We should make it a national holiday... once a year, all wackadoodles gather and celebrate... what, it doesn't even matter.

Yowza.

o

• Posted by momj47 7A..was 6B (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 28, 12 at 13:25

Yawn..............another wingnut from Texas.

o

I love the smell of a conspiracy!

o

I'm not so sure that odor is conspiracy... it smells more like freshly laid natural fertilizer to me...

o

And besides, why would it be so all important that we "own" a few more little islands? What we should be doing is working on alternative energies, anyway. If there's a to do about this, greed is at the bottom of it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here