Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yea Baby!!!

Posted by david52 z5CO (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 25, 12 at 19:04

A conservative radio host says that the Catholic nuns who have embarked on a nine-state bus tour to protest the injustice of Rep. Paul Ryan's (R-WI) proposed budget deserve to be beaten with a handgun because they "threw the first punch."

"There's a bus full of nuns headed towards Washington to lobby against the Ryan plan," radio host Jan Mickelson told Rep. Tom Latham (R-IA) last week. "Do you guys, do you have any power to pull the nuns on the bus over and pistol whip them?"

"They say he is evil, they say he is fake Catholic," he added. "They're the ones that threw the first punch."

A Vatican report also recently criticized the nuns for focusing too much on the Catholic Church's message about social and economic justice instead of spending time opposing abortion and marriage equality.

"When we got named [by the Vatican], there was like an explosion of support," Simone Campbell told Al Jazeera English last week. "So when we had all of this opportunity, all of this exposure, all of this attention - nuns aren't used to having a lot of attention on themselves - so, it was like, oh my gosh, we need to use this for the sake of people at the margin."

The non-partisan Center for Budget and Policy Priorities found that nearly two-thirds of the cuts proposed in Ryan's budget would be to programs serving low-income Americans, while the his tax cuts would largely benefit millionaires. People making more than $1 million a year would see a 12.5 percent increase in after-tax income but those making less than $20,000 would see an decrease of 0.2 percent or less.

end quote

And Ryan is being vetted by the Romney Campaign as the VP candidate!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Another reason to vote Republican

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yea Baby!!!

Remember when nuns were cute like Sally Field, pure like Ingrid Bergman or just funny like Whoopi Goldberg in Sister Act.

Some folks remember Selma

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 26, 12 at 8:50

WWJD? Pistol Whip Nuns?

o

The guy is a jerk...plain and simple jerk!

Good for the Nuns. I believe the Catholic bishops have already come out strongly against the Ryan plan.

I can't imagine Romney would choose Ryan...but ya never know! At least that would get him out of Congress !!!!

o

Yep - yet another classic case of clerical error by the Vatican. "Too much charity, not enough sanctimony."

According to Sr. Simone Campbell, "We work everyday to live as Jesus did in a relationship with people at the margins of society. That's all we do."

The nuns are specifically protesting the budget authored by Rep. Paul Ryan.

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 26, 12 at 9:26

Perhaps a Nun should be Pope just as the Virgin Mary was the mother of Jesus.

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 26, 12 at 9:32

...yes promote slapping women around when they "get out of place". You may think these are isolated incidents of outrageous talk, but the fact that these slime bags exist says more than what they do.

o

How dare women openly practice Christian charity! To the whipping post, ladies.

o

So they want to pistol-whip Nuns and there is nothing but silence.

Figures.

o

Ahh, my favorite almost nun was Julie Andrews...

o

Yeah but she wen't all sex crazed for that man trapp

o
RE: Baby!!!

LOL! But I was wishing it was me!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here