Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Did Trayvon think George was a gay stalker?

Posted by tobr24u z6 RI (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 19, 13 at 5:35

This theory is being circulated as the possible reason that he punched Zimmerman out. After all, he called him a "creepy cracker." Does it get any stranger than this? Or maybe you buy it...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Did Trayvon think George was a gay stalker?

Now we're going to paint Martin as a homophobe? The muck gets thicker.

o

Actually it was his friend pidge.

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse...............

o

Chase, it can always get worse, more's the pity.

edited for spelling error.

This post was edited by pidge on Fri, Jul 19, 13 at 8:11

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 19, 13 at 8:46

If I was a teenager and an "adult" male was following me would I just say "oh no big deal", or would I be afraid/apprehensive?

Blame the victim ...

o

Apparently, the Fox hounds aren't done spinning the issue, either... last night, as I was doing laundry, I happened to overhear two Fox commentators on the downstairs tv, both Zimmerman apologists, both off on a tangent, supposing away... and I just walked past shaking my head...

They're literally going to beat this story into the ground.

Can't people let it rest in peace, already?

o

Jodi, vilifying Trayvon Martin is the only way some of these folks can justify his murder by Zimmerman. I don't want anyone's child to be in a situation in which they are in danger, so how can these folks be so cavalier about this boy? Don't they have kids of their own about which they worry?

o

If gay, vampire stalkers can call anyplace 'home', it would surely have to be somewhere in Florida.

o

tobr only posted what Trayvon's friend said on the Piers Morgan show. She didn't testify about it at the trial, yet she has thrown it out there. And more's the pity is right.

o

Once again, if one is being stalked by a gay vampire, why wouldn't one immediately go home or call the police or go home and call the police?

Trayvon's death was a senseless death that should never have happened.

I want to know how the violence that has happened in more than one city solves anything. It certainly doesn't help.

o

Well, or run to the nearest garden and start pulling up garlic, brandishing the stalks to ward 'em off.

o

Anyone ever get the feeling someone is staring at them (was it pleasant) Anyone ever get the feeling someone is admiring them ( was it pleasant?) Anyone ever get the feeling they are being followed (was it pleasant)
Why don't people call the police (now curiously where I grew up they were often the last people you wanted there).... HELPING.
Why do so many women not report rapes when they are raped, why do even fewer men who are raped report rape.

All unanswerable by anyone here but damn are there statistics out there & cases where people say why didn't anyone call the POLICE.

o

Why don't people call the police (now curiously where I grew up they were often the last people you wanted there).... HELPING.

Thanks, labrea.

I'll add that in the case of stakling, common wisdom is not to let the stalker know where you live.

o

No matter if the stalker was gay or straight. He Was Stalking. With A Gun.

I cannot understand Florida, the police involved (uninvolved), the trial, the verdict -- none of it makes sense, and I'm not talking 'race'.

o

To me, it makes perfect sense, and it is racially tainted. The whole thing echoes with racial undertones. Florida echoes with racially biased undertones... as the cases begin to stack up...

Here is a link that might be useful: Murder - Or Self Defense?

o

I was not aware that there was a problem with gay predators stalking young men or boys or even girls. Have I been missing something?

o

I've been called a lot of things & creepy cracker was never on that menu. Now it's a phrase I might use myself but Elvis has admonished me for the use of the word cracker & I now believe she is correct
Now there is that GAY PANIC defense that claims a nominally heterosexual man will lose all reason and kill a gay person if they feel that person is somehow threatening to them real or imagined.
It is a form of insanity defense (it doesn't work)
I think creepy is something many of us have felt around all manner of people for good or no good reasons.
She /He just creeps me out, makes my skin crawl/ makes me wanna leave the room, left me with a feeling they have something to hide.
It's the basis of many a silent scene in a movie or TV program where a look alone tells you someone has apprehension around someone who may look perfectly ordinary.

o

I think George Z is creepy looking, and I know if I saw him on my midnight walks I'd be freaked out.

o

Sorry lily......I would be more freaked out if I was on a midnight walk and saw "anyone" with a hoodie up coming towards me.
I think most of us are aware now of the feelings the average citizen has when it comes to hoodies up at night.

If I saw someone walk across my yard at night with a hoodie up...I would think ......trouble.
If I saw someone walk across my yard at night bare headed I would think they might be hunting their dog or cat.

Put Zimmerman in my neighborhood with a hoodie........
trouble.
Prejudice against hoodies at night? You betcha.

o

It was February when Trayvon was shot, and it was raining. I think that I would have had a hood on as well.

o

It was raining and it was 7:00 pm.

As was testified.......They usually had people walking their dogs that time of evening.

Really people are making up excuses for their racist loving hearts.

o

I think most of us are aware now of the feelings the average citizen has when it comes to hoodies up at night.

I think that many of us are now aware that there is a certain segment of Americans who have a fear of young blacks in hoodies. Many others aren't fazed at all when they see people wear them on a chilly, rainy evening.

o

Since I have scads of hoodies in my wardrobe and wear the hood up if it's cold or drizzly, I guess I'd better not appear in your neighborhood, CW.

o

So Zimmerman was supposedly NOT on neighborhood watch, but (according to him) on his way to Target.He is driving by these townhouses and spots a guy who he later identified to a Police dispatcher as a black teenager. Zimmerman claimed Trayvon was not acting right like he was on drugs. What did that mean?

Zimmerman broke off his shopping trip and pulled next to where Trayvon was walking, proceeding slowly next to him, staring at him the entire time. It was creepy whether you think Zimmerman was mentally ill, looking to turn a trick, or just creepy.

And what was Trayvon's alleged wrongdoing, suspicious, behavior or crime?
What right did Zimmerman have to engage in an armed pursuit of the black teenager on foot?

What I learned from this case is that racism is alive and well. Zimmerman's apologists are not even aware of their own bias or perhaps they think that the rest of us cannot see right through them.

o

LOL. You guys are something else.

"This theory is being circulated as the possible reason that he punched Zimmerman out. After all, he called him a "creepy cracker." Does it get any stranger than this? Or maybe you buy it.."

Of course I buy it. His girl friend is the one who told the story. I think she was being honest. I also think that before she testified at the trial she was pressured to not tell the truth under oath. That is why she acted like she didn't want to be there. She didn't like the idea of having to tell the truth, but didn't want to lie under oath. A lot of pressure on her. She just wanted out.

o

I just don't understand this "hoodie fear" that seems to have people all twisted up. I live in an ordinary, mostly white, neighborhood, teach at an ordinary college with kids of all colors, and EVERY TEENAGER I KNOW or see or pass on the street wears hoodies all the time--hoods up, hoods down, whatever. I don't even "see" them. My middle-aged kids also wear them on chilly or rainy days.

I think Marquest is right--"hoodie" is now code for a "racist loving heart."

o
RE: DDDid Trayvon think George was a gay stalker?

This is just an aside: a couple of years Anthropologie was selling upscale hoodies in gorgeous colors and patterns for $50-$60 to the trendy set--hoodie as "fashion statement."

o

"This theory is being circulated as the possible reason that he punched Zimmerman out. After all, he called him a "creepy cracker." Does it get any stranger than this? Or maybe you buy it.."

And the info is being circulated on all the right wing sites on the web.

No where else is this claim being found.

o

I've never quite understood the phrase "acting like they are on drugs"... what does that mean, precisely, and how would one know?

At the risk of having Joe thought of as my personally designated speaker, I would agree with his assessment of Zimmerman... something is not quite right with the man, though I can't exactly put my finger on what it might be. Lack of emotion?

o

Rachel Jeantel clarified on Piers Morgan show that the term is cracka, not cracker.

"creepy-ass cracka"

o

I would be freaked out if someone got out of a car & followed me.
Some how Trayvon is now following George from what I'm reading above.

o

I would be freaked out if someone got out of a car & followed me.

And I would not let him know where I lived by leading him directly to my home.

o

jodi: "I've never quite understood the phrase "acting like they are on drugs"... what does that mean, precisely, and how would one know? "

Now you don't know anyone, and have never seen anyone on drugs either? You need to get out into the world. You are missing so much. Get off the couch, quit watching Faux news, go explore. (I know you watch it, you are always reporting here what you have seen on it.)

o

I know that Jodi is capable of speaking for herself, but I don't think there is anyone on this thread any more aware of what it going on "out in the world" than Jodi, october. As far as sitting on the couch, that is definitely not her style nor does she watch "Faux news" (kind of amusing that you label it that way). You certainly have a sharp tongue.

o

Thanks, Pidge... it might surprise October to know that I don't have a couch... we don't have room for one... which precludes the idea that I spend any time sitting on one.

That aside, the phrase "acting like they are on drugs" is a very generic statement, and I'm wondering how one can tell, exactly, what those actions might look like and what drug would elicit such actions?

What one might act like under the influence of marijuana would be very different than the actions of someone on crack... which would be different from the actions of someone under the influence of heroin... which would differ from the actions of someone on LSD... which might look different than the actions of someone on Ecstasy... and so on and so forth...

So, how exactly would one describe the actions of a person on drugs, and what drugs are we talking about?

And for the record, one does not have to watch the Fox channel to know what is being discussed by its news reporters and commentators... most progressive websites and channels recap the entire circus so one doesn't have to watch it.

o

The fact is that Zimmerman's description"he looks like he is on drugs or something" was just part of a concocted tale to justify his pursuit, confrontation, and killing of a teenager who was not doing anything. Zimmerman's story was never questioned by Investigators on key points such as those we have discussed here and of course, without Zimmerman testifying he could not be cross-examined.

No one saw the shot or even where Zimmerman was standing or laying down when he pulled the trigger. No one saw when he first drew the gun and no one knows why there was a physical confrontation, other than Zimmerman initiating it by pursuing Trayvon and possibly drawing his weapon. No one heard the words that were exchanged between them.
No one has credible evidence about whose voice was silenced by the shot.
All we are left with is Zimmerman's version of events,a dead teenager, and a lot of outrage over this senseless killing.

o

"The fact is that Zimmerman's description"he looks like he is on drugs or something" was just part of a concocted tale to justify his pursuit, confrontation, and killing of a teenager who was not doing anything."

Thanks, Heri... that's kinda what I was getting at.

o

And for the record, one does not have to watch the Fox channel to know what is being discussed by its news reporters and commentators... most progressive websites and channels recap the entire circus so one doesn't have to watch it.

ROTF!

Yea, trust MSNBC and all the other left wing competitors of Fox News who is beating them in ratings, to give you the straight scoop on what is being reported on Fox News.

That's objectivity and being informed?

Spare us.

o

"And the info is being circulated on all the right wing sites on the web.

No where else is this claim being found."

MSM paranoid of being labeled racist. So they won't discuss the issues fairly. You know, all about ratings and the almighty advertising dollars.

o

Yea, trust MSNBC and all the other left wing competitors of Fox News who is beating them in ratings, to give you the straight scoop on what is being reported on Fox News.

MSNBC programs at times show clips of Fox reports in order to expose hypocrisy, hyper-partisanship and inaccuracies. For the most part though, the Fox News reporting is posted for its comedic value.

MSM paranoid of being labeled racist. So they won't discuss the issues fairly.

With all due respect, that is one of the stranger opinions I have seen posted here in a long while.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fox News predicted Romney victory. oops!

This post was edited by heri_cles on Mon, Jul 22, 13 at 12:52

o

Well, I don't know about MSM or MSNBC or any of the mainstream news channels... we don't usually watch news on television, preferring to peruse various news sites on the internet in order to gain a broader perspective.

When we do watch news on television, we watch a channel broadcasting from the eastern seaboard as we like the factual "slant" they put on stories, and we like the commentary. The channel is PIX11 out of New York, I do believe.

Heri's correct... most other channels use snippets from Fox to expose their bias, or how they stretch the truth or inject slant... or how they build an entire story out of what amounts to not much of anything. It makes for some good humorous interp!

o

October: "MSM paranoid of being labeled racist. So they won't discuss the issues fairly. You know, all about ratings and the almighty advertising dollars."

Absolutely. How does anyone not get that? I have issues with some of the Fox commentators; notably Hannity (thank God Beck is gone), but I'm grateful to have an option to the pablum most of the MSM is spoon feeding to a public eager to have their PC opinions affirmed by some clueless TV personality.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here