Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Weiner man may run for mayor of NYC!

Posted by tobr24u z6 RI (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 17, 12 at 6:22

He says he is up for it and knows that will be hard. Would you vote for him? Surely his "sin" was no bigger than other pols have been who have been able to redeem themselves...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Weiner man may run for mayor of NYC!

I would actually prefer him over Christine Quinn.

o

I couldn't care less. Just another has been. Next!

o

I thought you meant the OTHER weiner guy!

o

tobr..You're full of puns today, but hey Weiner is a topic in itself...lol

o

Well, you could say he has a complete set as it would take cajones to run after resigning under those circumstances.

Would I vote for him? Depends on the opponent.

o

Of course, maybe he misread the song to be...I wish I were an Oscar Mayor Weiner.

o

The only people who should give a darn are the citizens of New York....they will decide and I'm pretty darn sure his stupid act will not play into the decision.

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 17, 12 at 16:34

Didn't the genital exposure scandal make him look like he had emotional problems? How is he now going to be able to be the top guy in the New York public service sector? Are they all going to be willing to follow the lead of a guy who many will surely be seeing as a fruitcake or loser?

o

I'm sure he would be 10 times better that Giuliani ever was but that is a point about his foibles. Supposedly he's in recovery. If he was an alcoholic who had been in treatment I wouldn't bat an eye. USIANS are so effed up about sex disorders if they aren't scolding its a joke grow up everyone!

o

There are sex disorders and then there are just arrogant, crude jerks.

o

then there are just arrogant, crude jerks...

such as the previous governor of California - the gropenator. Crude and crass didn't hurt his appeal until he fathered a child outside of his marriage.

o

Demi I won't debate this with you as your not a professional & we have been here with your tyrannical approach before to so many emotional disorders that you cant find in your formulary.
Your not a professional so back off already. OK! Your posting history on emotional issues & medications on this forum is well documented.
at best I can describe it is disgusting!

o

"Didn't the genital exposure scandal make him look like he had emotional problems?"

We used to call it "arrested development" as it's the kind of thing you would expect from a 13-year-old who gets together with friends and giggles about the stunt afterwards.

The fact that, ostensibly, he tweeted the photo to someone who said they didn't solicit the photo, nor were they expecting it, kind of weirds me out. Sounds like something a sexual predator would do.

Still, it's up to the voters. They rejected his previous mayoral bid. I just wonder if there's enough mustard for that weiner.

o

No need to personalize, Labrea.

I stand behind what I said.

Not all behavior can be excused by "a disorder."

I'm not the judge of that; however, I can make that distinction.

o

Someone has to stand up to this crap you post on emotional & mental health & prescriptions folks like you are a menace in the recovering community.

o

I really wish Anthony Weiner well and I hope he got the help that he needed, especially for the sake of his family. I also think he would make a very good mayor.

o

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 17, 12 at 23:33

Someone has to stand up to this crap you post on emotional & mental health & prescriptions folks like you are a menace in the recovering community.

You give me too much credit.

I am a menace to no one.

I am entitled to my observations.

I'm not stopping anyone from "recovering."

o

Your observation in this field have rarely changed in post after post.
My observation of your posts & people who speak like this will not change either.
Been round to many people who stop their meds because people told them they were narcissist or just needed to buck up.

o

Sounds more like Tom Cruise, not Demifloyd! Who do you think has more influence on the general population?

o

Speaking of jokes...

Did anyone ever watch the South Park episode about Tiger Woods and getting caught at his escapades?

o

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 18, 12 at 9:28

Your observation in this field have rarely changed in post after post.
My observation of your posts & people who speak like this will not change either.
Been round to many people who stop their meds because people told them they were narcissist or just needed to buck up.

Well, people have bigger problems than they think they do if they get off their meds just because someone else tells them to.

I've made the distiction too many times between people that need the meds and those that abuse them because it makes them feel good or not nervous about every day life.

I STILL have the right to note that, if it makes people that take meds, or are in therapy for whatever, feel bad, well I can't help that either.

They should have bigger fish to fry than being offended because someone notes that not everyone that takes drugs that alter your mental state actually needs them.

HG, haven't caught South Park in a long, long time, but I'll have to look that one up.

Years ago I would not let my girls watch South Park only because of what I'd heard about it. Then about five years ago I was up late one night and woke my husband up I was laughing so hard. He came into the room where I was watching tv, just looked at me and went back to bed. He told the girls, and now they're all disgusted because I think South Park is funny. I'll have to admit, I had him laughing too when I made him watch Butters when they went to Pioneer Day, and the Lice Capades Episode. The Morman one was pretty funny, too--they don't cut ANYONE any slack.

Okay, back to The Weiner.

o

Shame is a major factor for people to stop taking the necessary medication or continue receiving treatment for a host of disorders.
Some people just rain shame where ever they go they can't help themselves it seems. The perpetual nail in search of a cross.
Just letting you know if it's a Wiener, a Kennedy. a Demi Moore I'll be up for it when someone down on it.

o

Fair--I'm not referring to those people.

I heard on the radio on the other that that Demi Moore's children are estranged from her, that she left her youngest daughter's graduation before she received her ceremony.

What a sad situation.

I will say, she appears to have made the situation worse medicating herself with do it yourself highs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here