Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yahoo's new CEO is a woman and pregnant!

Posted by esh_ga z7 GA (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 17, 12 at 9:30

Kudos to them for choosing a capable woman and not letting the fact that she is currently pregnant stop them from doing so.

What a shot in the arm for capable women!

Here is a link that might be useful: source

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yahoo's new CEO is a woman and pregnant!

Come on Women lets support her. Try doing a Yahoo search and not Google everything.

I have always used Yahoo. Do not understand why everyone loves Google. I hate the intrusive SOBs. They have tried to get a good pic of my house for years. I come out my driveway and there the idiot is trying at all angles trying to take a pic around all the trees. The Arial view is difficult because of so many mature trees it is driving them crazy.

The first time I called the police because I thought someone was casing my house.

o

"They have tried to get a good pic of my house for years. I come out my driveway and there the idiot is trying at all angles trying to take a pic around all the trees. The Arial view is difficult because of so many mature trees it is driving them crazy."

This is a joke, right?

o

That is great news esh! It does seem to be less and less problematic for employers these days. I'm glad.

"...According to the AP, in the United States, Google removed images of shelters for battered women, images in Amsterdam stop just outside the notorious Red Light District, and consumer groups in Italy have asked Google to use visual and auditory warnings on the cars that take its Street View images."

Here is a link that might be useful: AP--Google street view car story

o

Marquest, I don't think that guy is from Google.

The Google streetview van only takes a streetview... by just driving by. They don't stop at individual houses and try to get a good picture from different angles.

And the aerial view is done from a satellite and again, they don't concentrate on individual houses and it doesn't drive them crazy if they can't get one individual house because of a tree.

I think you are best calling the police again the next time someone is trying to get pictures of your house from all angles.

o

"The Google streetview van only takes a streetview... by just driving by. They don't stop at individual houses and try to get a good picture from different angles.

And the aerial view is done from a satellite and again, they don't concentrate on individual houses and it doesn't drive them crazy if they can't get one individual house because of a tree."

That was exactly what I meant. I thought that she might be joking.

o

No Frank I am serious. I called the police. That is how I knew who they were. Can you imagine seeing some one sitting looking at your property moving their car back and forth slowly. I was concerned.

It happened 3 times. It seems it is not clear enough for them. The driving view is trees you can get a glimpse of the driveway and part of the garage because the house sits back from the street about an acre.

I hate them I think they are intrusive and disrespectful of people's privacy.

o

Okay work with me here. I think I have been here long enough most should know I am not one of the crazy.

Let me see if I can find the article about our area having issues with the drive stop view problem. We had a property tax issues going on in our area and Google was the focus of how they valued our property because the view showed this and that and all kinds of stupid arguments.

If people did not let them in they were using Google because it could show how many rooms by window count, bathrooms by the stacks on the house etc.

o

• Posted by momj47 7A..was 6B (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 17, 12 at 11:02

The old CEO of Yahoo was a woman, too, but she wasn't pregnant.

I fear that Yahoo is at the end of it's useful life. I don't use it anymore and I am quite frustrated by their stealth attempts to insinuate themselves into my computer, like malware. I do everything I can to get rid of their search engine.

o

Why is that such a milestone? The CFO of my bank has held that position for 12 years and is the mother of 6 children.

I don't see this yahoo change as significant.

o

marquest: It sounds like that might be your county property appraiser; the google guy does not get out of the car to take pictures-he just drives around with a camera that looks like a big boom on the front of the car.

o

I meant to add...I can't see how it would be possible for the google guy to photograph the windows on the back of your house or the stacks.

o

I am sorry esh I did not mean to hijack your topic.

County property appraiser; pick up the stacks with the arial view.

Okay maybe I did not explain this right. He is not walking around with a camera on my property. That is not what I am saying. I would have shot him or let him talk to the dog.

When my sister was here she always thinks when you enter the street you are driving into someone's driveway. It is a strange street. They are trying to get a good angle that shows the driving directions.

So they try to back up and do it at an angle so you do not look like you are driving into a forest. It is strange. It almost looks like you are going into a gated community but you have to go through a barrier of trees. So I am thinking they are trying to get a angle to show you are going down a street of houses not going smack into the woods.

So they back up turn at a angle, drive by then he would sit for a while back up turn at another angle.

I am starting to feel like one of the crazies here explaining that Obama was not born in America. lol

I have 4 properties I am constantly fighting the property assessment increases on my properties. They hire out of state firms that are too cheap and lazy to view every property so they use google and estimate what they can view from them.

I guess you can tell I hate google. When I hear google my fangs drop and I start to babble and drool.

This is the corner that they sit at. The house you can see through the trees is across the street. It is a better view of the street when the leaves are off the trees. But even then you look like you are going into the woods and not down a street.

House side front

o

This is news? Now, if the new CEO was a pregnant man, THAT would be news!

o

Get her outa there. She belongs barefoot and nesting at home.

:-)

o

That wasn't google.....that was the Democrats trying to get pictures of your home.

They were misinformed and think you are a Republican Rep or some such.
Wanting to prove you live rich.

You know they have been at this for days.
Crappy isn't it.

o

Hard to see, but that looks like a pretty ritzy house!

o

marquest: I must admit that's very weird.

I use Google Earth a lot in my job and sometimes the street views are just are very bad, for example, the streets are not visible because of sun glare

I don't know why they would be focusing on your location so specifically since they do not seem to care about many other locations which are unviewable.

o

Hmmmmmmmmm..let's petition a property tax appraisal!

o

jerzeegirl, I understand, I can only guess why,.... it leads into two major shopping area, lodging, a major highway, turnpike etc. Which was one of the reason I purchased the house because of location and I wanted acres of land to garden.

They opened a office in the City, the focus is engineering which is development of their equipment.

All these things could be a reason but I do not know, I have no proof of the reasons all I can say is they lurk and I don't like it.

Elvis nothing ritzy about it your run of the mill suburban neighborhood.

o

I am glad that several of you see this as "well, why shouldn't they?" and "gee, THIS is news?".

But I guarantee you that most pregnant women are quite leery of revealing their status to a potential employer and there are quite a few employers out there that would find a "reason" to turn her down.

o

esh_ga "Pregnant in high heels and a business suit!"

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here