Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Should the President appologize

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 15, 12 at 10:01

Willard wants an apology from Barry.
Newt clues us in at the end of this ad & as far as I'm concerned & I am concerned about this that I don't know what should be done next. So concerned I almost can't sleep at night as to what the President should do or say to .
One of the few time in my life I'm thankful for newt Gingrich sucking air with his description of Romney as a carpet bomber.
I'm sure of you will comment without watching the clip!

Here is a link that might be useful: You tube

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Should the President appologize

Ok, I watched. I think that his campaign can attack Romney on his record while Obama is working on issues. Obama is not personally spending time creating his ads - for Romney to imply that he can't do both is ridiculous.

Romney's attempts to hide income and deny involvement in bad company decisions should be brought to people's attention.

Don't like the bright light on your dirty deeds? Too bad, so sad. Romney's campaign spends plenty of coverage on ignoring how Obama has helped keep the economy from falling off the cliff. That's just as dirty politics in my opinion.

o

I watched every Republican debate and saw the Mitt ads. So I feel I have enough info to give you a informed honest answer.

HE&& NO THERE IS NO APOLOGY NEEDED.

If this is what it takes to wake the public up you have to thank President Obama.

o

• Posted by momj47 7A..was 6B (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 15, 12 at 10:58

No, of course not.

And Romney needs to stop whining, it's not very becoming in a grown man.

o

is there a non video link?

thx

o

Perhaps a better question would be "why does Mitt Romney think it's okay for him to attack as much as he wants and on every subject he can think of, while attacks on him are off limits"? His demand for an apology really shows the type of person he is: He is "different" that everyone else and the rules just don't apply.

Here is a link that might be useful: source

o

Please don't apologize!! Liberals never apologize, he would ruin his image. Four to one, keep up those attack ads, keep going back twenty years trying to find anything to attack with. Remember Mr. President, the buck stops here!! Well, except when it stops with Bush, the tsunami, the Arab Spring, the obstructionist congress, etc.etc....sigh. lol

o

Perhaps a better question would be "why does Mitt Romney think it's okay for him to attack as much as he wants and on every subject he can think of, while attacks on him are off limits"? His demand for an apology really shows the type of person he is: He is "different" that everyone else and the rules just don't apply.

Now doesn't that sound familiar?

o

"Well, except when it stops with Bush, the tsunami, the Arab Spring, the obstructionist congress, etc.etc....sigh. lol"

You have to admit though, except for Arab Spring, those are some pretty big disasters that can affect a presidency horribly.

o

mrsK: When should Mitt Romney apologize for his attack ads?

o

At the beginning of the election pantomime Romney was seen as a likely candidate because he would run the country more like a business than Obama and would be more likely to get the US back on track as a result. He had the business experience to back this claim it was said,so it seems perfectly legitimate to hold this experience up to the light.

o

Which one did he lie in jz?

o

I guess it is unclear what the President should apologize for...

That Mitt signed Official Reporting documents with SEC that he was the main man of Bain after 1999?
CEO, President, Chief Stock owner of Bain after 1999?
He received a salary from Bain after 1999
That Bain closed businesses and still made big money?

Do people generally apologize because they told the truth?

o

I am so glad you asked. How about this one?

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

Roughseas there really wasn't anything to see other than what we have already seen & heard. Endless clips of Romney talking scat & then New Gingrich speaking about Romney as a compulsive carpet bomber. I was just being snarky so many forum posters totally ignore links or even peoples own words & responds to asteroids circling their peripheral vision.
I also wanted to borrow K's polling technique.

o

He lied in his Solyndra chat/ad K & when it was pointed out to him that he wasn't telling the truth his response was "what was sauce for the goose was sauce for the gander"
At his victory speech in Nevada Romney lied consecutively.

1). Obama told people the stimulus would hold unemployment below 8%

This Republican falsehood is simply not true. Obama never promised an 8% unemployment rate. In a June 8, 2009, press briefing then Vice President Biden�s chief economist Jared Bernstein had projected an 8% unemployment rate before the fourth quarter GDP numbers came in, but President Obama never promised an 8% unemployment rate if the stimulus was passed. Obama�s advisers didn�t have all the data and their projection was wrong, but Obama never said pass the stimulus, and 8% unemployment is a lock.

ObamaCare Costs Jobs

This is another red meat favorite Republican lie. The truth is that ObamaCare helped to create 315,000 healthcare jobs in 2011. As my colleague Ray Medeiros is fond of pointing out, "if ObamaCare is going to kill jobs, shouldn�t the first industry it kills be the industry it DIRECTLY regulates? Of course it should, but it doesn�t." ObamaCare doesn�t kill jobs. It creates them, which is why Republicans like Mitt Romney want to kill it.

Hemaintaine that CONSERVALIE that Obama continues to appologize for the US . Fact Checker says BS.

More Bulzhat from Smilley

ObamaCare Turns Healthcare Decisions Over To Government Bureaucrats

What�s this, another fib about ObamaCare? You betcha. When Republicans refer to government bureaucrats taking over healthcare, they are talking about the Independent Payment Advisory Board. As PolitiFact wrote, "But saying that the IPAB will determine the course of treatment for individual cases is an entirely different matter � and it�s factually incorrect. Even people who oppose the IPAB agree that it will not intervene in the cases of individual patients but will rather determine how much the government pays health care providers for various services. It can also reduce payments to hospitals with very high rates of readmission or recommend innovations that cut wasteful spending. But we should point out here that the IPAB applies to Medicare. Medicare is a government-run health insurance program for those over age 65."

ObamaCare mandates that people by private insurance. There is NO government takeover of healthcare, period.

Obama Is Shrinking Our Military

Yes, Mitt Romney claimed that Obama is shrinking the military. In fact, the military will be shrinking, but not because Obama is endangering national security. The end of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars is where much of Obama�s military spending cuts are coming from. The truth is that the 2012 Obama budget doesn�t cut any procurement programs, and calls for military spending to increase by $36 billion by 2017.

What we saw tonight was Mitt Romney�s initial roll out of his General Election strategy. If he wins the nomination, Mittens plans to bundle up every lie and falsehood about this president into a big ball and throw it onto millions of television screens in an endless repetition of negative ads. With the economy improving, Romney has little to fall back on, but his own delusions about a president that doesn�t exist.

Romney is hoping that America will vote against Barack Obama instead of voting for him, because this same strategy worked so well for John Kerry in 2004. Mitt Romney has nothing to run on, so he is going to run on negativity. John McCain tried this same thing in 2008, and if Romney continues to mimic the presidential campaigns of failed nominees past, he will get Barack Obama reelected in 2012.

I would be certain that even articles of speech & throat clearing by this errrr ummm candidate would be nonfactual.

o

Mitty Romney us a whining jerk. How about the ad JZ ran where Obama absolutely didn't say the words but was quoting John McCain? Lying manipulative ads. Out- right lies. I hope Obama ramps it up and gets more negative than the swiftboaters did to Kerry. What irate GOP guy said yesterday the Dems were swiftboating Romney?. Okay then, it was apparently acceptable when your band of crooks did it to Kerry ?

Check the brand new ad Obama released yesterday of old Willard singing "America". It's WONDERFUL. Willard is singing America off key and the words flick on the screen saying money in the Caymans, off shore dealings..etc. I only saw it once so I don't remember the content but I love it . Now run ads showing old Mitty himself taken from MA ads where he was someone you would not recognize in what he was saying. Oh ..that's right he was talking to a different audience..not a severe conservative then. What a rich out of touch phony.

o

Ads running here now are Mitt saying, over and over, that he'll get rid of Planned Parenthood. With pictures of sad-eyed poor women looking devastated.

Those aren't lies, he actually said thats what he wants to do, get rid of Planned Parenthood.

Why should Obama apologize for that?

o

lily - Right on! One of the best summaries, to date, on Romney's lies, flip-flopping, lack of integrity.

Bet we'll just hear crickets in response, as there is no valid response.

o

Right Dockside. There is never a response for the indefensible. They'll just change the subject. Ever notice they address nothing when it's proven their candidate is wrong. It's called deflection, and they do it very well. Change the subject..I know..Obama did cocaine when he was a kid and palled around with Bill Ayers. He was only 7 but what the heck.

One very ignorant Rightie said last week..where was Obama during the Vietnam war? Duh, probably in second grade, you idiot.

o

It actually is getting very frustrating. It seems whenever you try and make a point that might involve some discussion someone sidetracks it with a comment that is totally irrelevant and/or gratuitous.

That and ignoring legitimate questions, of which there are at least 7 or 8 outstanding right now, is very frustrating when you are trying to have a discussion/debate.

Some just throw comments out there and when a question is asked they just ignore it. By the way, while I find the conservative crowd more likely to ignore a question, it isn't limited to them.

o

Obama says he won't be apologizing. Now we can move on (or rather Romney can move on).

George Will speaking today about how this is hurting Romney:

On Sunday, George Stephanopoulos asked which campaign was winning argument over Romney's record. "Mitt Romney's losing at this point in a big way," Will contended. He said that Romney should have taken care of those issues years ago, as soon as he knew he would be running for president in 2012.

"I don't know why... he didn't get all of this out and tidy up some of his offshore accounts and all the rest," Will said. "He's done nothing illegal, nothing unseemly, nothing improper, but lots that's impolitic."

o

Apologize? Did they apologize to John Kerry for swiftboating him on false charges. If "they" didn't apologize for lying, why should the President apologize for the fact that his re-election team has divulged TRUE facts about Romney.

Romney is the one who should apologize, for being a habitual liar if not a felon. He will say anything he thinks people want to hear at the moment.

o

It's just an ad. But! Joe was right when he said we would comment without watching the clip, which probably accounts for some of the posts that Chase finds frustrating.

Ditto what Chase said.

o

Elvis......about that ditto... one of the recent outstanding questions is mine to you.

o

Right denni. Rove and his band of misfits ran horrible lying ads about Kerry in 2004. Did they apologize? No. I hope Obama goes nuclear on Romney, the conniving liar.

o

You can't win with this crowd. Say he shouldn't apologize and they still go ape lol.

o

Must of missed where you said he shouldn't apologize...did your post get yanked for being too liberal?

o

Winning. Isn't everything!

o

Posted by chase z6 (My Page) on Sun, Jul 15, 12 at 14:58

"Elvis......about that ditto... one of the recent outstanding questions is mine to you."

What question?

Posted by lily316 z5PA (My Page) on Sun, Jul 15, 12 at 15:05

"Right denni. Rove and his band of misfits ran horrible lying ads about Kerry in 2004. Did they apologize? No. I hope Obama goes nuclear on Romney, the conniving liar."

Lily & Denni didn't watch the link. Or did they veer away from the OP?

o

Don't think I have ever heard Obama apologize for anything.
A narcissist is never ever wrong.
A narcissist cannot accept responsibility for making a mistake and Obama(who is undoubtably a narcissist)is an expert at diverting the blame to others.

I'm sure Romney and team won't be holding their breath but I think Romney deserves an apology since FactCheck.org debunked the whole Bain lie.
John King addressed this on the Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer.

This whole Bain story is a smoke screen from The Narcissist who can't run on his record.

o

Don't think I have ever heard Obama apologize for anything.

rotflol. That's really rich. One of the republican raps against Obama is that he's always apologizing for the country.

o

But of course jz, but not his fault. We are soft and lazy remember?

o

I just never understand what you are talking about mrsk. It's like a different language.

o

JZ..They speak a different language and they just don't get it. . Just don't bother.

o

In the link referenced in the OP, Romney says that Pres. Obama "should not be apologizing FOR America, he should be apologizing TO America.

So why are so many posters acting as though the question is whether Pres. Obama should apologize to Romney?

Either they didn't look at the link, or they just feel like answering a question that wasn't asked.

o

thanks for the explanation Labrea .

he should apologize after romney does.

o

In a recent interview Obama said

"I think there's no doubt that I underestimated the degree to which in this town (Washington)politics trump problem solving."

He also said that

he is most frustrated by the inability "to change the atmosphere" in the US capital "to reflect the decency and common sense of ordinary people" who want their leaders to solve problems.

And
"There's enough blame to go around for that,"

It seems that governing the US is not down to one man only.

o

So why are so many posters acting as though the question is whether Pres. Obama should apologize to Romney?

This is the first line of the OP: "Willard wants an apology from Barry." That's what most people decided to go with. Elvis, for pity sake, what difference does it make?

o

Well, it DOES make a difference. It's actually funny, because Joe predicted this. Instead of looking at the link then, many assumed that "Willard wants an apology from Barry" meant just that. Like lemmings. Go figure. Labrea is a little devil. :-D

o

Labrea...I didn't read the link....now I'm not sure if Obama is suppose to apologize to you , Romney is suppose to apologize to me or Elvis is suppose to apologize to Willard. I love this place. :)

o

It would take a gentleman who possesses a modicum of humility to apologize.

o

"It would take a gentleman who possesses a modicum of humility to apologize."

Apologize for what ???? I'm confused!

o

"He actually retired retroactively at that point," Romney adviser Ed Gillespie said. "He ended up not going back to the firm after his time in Salt Lake City. So he was actually retired from Bain."

good luck with that

o

"Apologize for what ???? I'm confused!"

Works for me.

o

Hell will freeze over before any politician will apologize to another for something asserted during a presidential campaign.

However, a call for an apology is red meat for the base.

o

Posted by david52 z5CO (My Page) on Sun, Jul 15, 12 at 19:03

"He actually retired retroactively at that point," Romney adviser Ed Gillespie said."

I've got it. Gillespie should apologize--retroactively. That will do it. ;-D

o

Good one, elvis!

o

CW how droll do you watch the news at all Kammawn I know you do? The Republican guy...dya know him, hes been all on abaaawt how Mr Obama should appawligize.
What a cuttup appoligize tah me oooh hooo hoo hooo just like Chase pointid owt some of you conservbative types if yah respond at awl juat write about another dimension & ignaw the links.

o

Well maybe Romney has to apologize to Bob Schieffer and Mark Halperin. He used clips of them in attack ads without getting their permission. Romney should know better since he did the same thing with Tom Brokaw not too long along.

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

Ah, JZ, but that's just "Romney being Romney." Seems he thinks he's above the law, above doing anything wrong, above all the hoopla but yet he isn't above being able to whine about

Poor me.
you are picking on me
you are twisting my words
I misspoke.

Just the typical GOP mantra whining,

Sounds oh, so familiar doesn't, we got some of those posting here too.

o

We watch a lot of American news here, especially during important events in America like elections. Of course, with that comes watching the campaign attack ads and mudslinging, most of which is so jaw droppingly outrageous, vicious and blatantly misrepresented that it ALL derserves an apology.

Of course, this is and seems to have always been completely acceptable (at least as far back as I can remember American politics)... so I'm wondering why apologies are suddenly being asked for now?

o
RE: Should the President appologize??

HG, it could be cause it sounds good , you know like

"why are you picking on me?

Could be that Romney has had a nerve hit with the ads and is getting nervous.

Could be that since Romney has nothing to run on except his so called Bain Capital record and that is under attack and isn't looking so good, he has to run on the "poor me", you're picking on me" stuff and try and turn the tables on Obama with that kind of complaint.

Could be that Romney thinks it will make him look like the "innocent nice guy, that the "big old mean guy in the white house is picking on me."

Kind of goes in line with the "big mean black guy" and we got to get him out of the white house.

o

"Kind of goes in line with the "big mean black guy" and we got to get him out of the white house."

I can't see anyone saying that. First, he doesn't seem mean at all. And second, he's not big. He's kinda scrawny. Just sayin'.

o

I can't see anyone saying that. First, he doesn't seem mean at all. And second, he's not big. He's kinda scrawny. Just sayin'.

Big Mean Black Guy?

Are you kidding?

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 16, 12 at 9:11

Mitt Romney 2012
He Needs Your Pity

o

If you click on the Presidents pic it has ads of porn pics. What is that all about Demi?

o

"Of course, this is and seems to have always been completely acceptable (at least as far back as I can remember American politics)... so I'm wondering why apologies are suddenly being asked for now?"

You know... it's the new "pot, kettle, black, victim" syndrome we're seeing so much of lately.

Apologize for what? Telling the truth? I don't see that Obama has anything to apologize for.

o

I think it means you don't have much to keep you busy marquest.

"Apologize for what? Telling the truth? I don't see that Obama has anything to apologize for."

Actually jodik, a lot of his own party is saying it's not the truth. But I stand by what I said. I hope he doesn't apologize, especially now that we know it's a lie.

o

As John Kerry knows, the truth doesn't always win.

o

YIP!

o

Mrs, what do we know to be a lie in what the President claims? It is very he said something I'm not aware of.

If we are talking about Romney's tax returns and his tenure at Bail....non of that is a lie as far as I understand. If Mr Romney releases the tax information and it refutes what the Democrats are saying then I think he should apologize. Until then.....hey it's politics if you don't like the heat get out of the kitchen!

o

No it means posting porn is against the TOS. Then again, just another classless move.

o

Yeah...Demi why IS there porn on the site you referenced to Obama?

o

I'm guessing Demi just searched images for the President and picked one to link, based on the fact that the link is to an image and not to the website.

And the "porn" ad I'm seeing at that link is a half nekkid Lindsey Lohan ad...lol

o

I'm not sure how it happened but I'm very sure it was inadvertent. Teaches us all a lesson about where we get our "clips" and to preview our links before posting.

o

yeah hg...all I see is Lindsey Lohan too...is that supposed to be the porn?

o

I clicked on the image to read the article because the picture of the President on a bike made no sense to the topic being discussed.

When I clicked to read the article and there is some guy wrapped around a near nude woman on his knees. I am no prude it is not the first time I have seen suggestive pics and I am sure it will not be the last but just wondering if there was a point. lol

o

LOL, an ad for the fashion art magazine Muse. I think the point was Big Mean Black Guy, if you happened to notice the pics of Obama.

o

When I clicked to read the article and there is some guy wrapped around a near nude woman on his knees. I am no prude it is not the first time I have seen suggestive pics and I am sure it will not be the last but just wondering if there was a point.

Mrsk is right. That "porn" ad was an ad for a fashion magazine called Muze. The near nude woman is Lindsey Lohan with some guy clinging to her legs. No, it doesn't make much sense to me either, but I am not an artiste. It reminds me of those perfume commercials... leaves me scratching my head wondering what the ad has to do with perfume.

Either way, I think we're just a little too eager to find something sinister in Demi's postings. Not really fair, guys.

o

Poor me.
you are picking on me
you are twisting my words
I misspoke.

Just the typical GOP mantra whining,

Sounds oh, so familiar doesn't, we got some of those posting here too.

Wow, littleone, thanks! I get it now. I could never understand why certain people here continued to support Romney. Now I get it. They are voting for their own kind.

o

OK then I am a prude. lol I closed it real quick, I did not look at it to notice who was in the pic. The first thing I thought of was one of those sites you get in and computer virus city here I come.

I was looking for a plant one time and got one of those strange pic pop up and away it went. That is one of the reasons I do not click on links right away until a few people look and comment.

o

OK then I am a prude. lol I closed it real quick, I did not look at it to notice who was in the pic.

Oh, to be honest, I would never have known that was Lohan... she has one of those generic faces to me that look like 100 other faces, I couldn't pick her out of a crowd. Don't know why.

But the caption on the picture said "Lindsey Lohan for Muse" so a quick search showed she did a photo shoot for this magazine.

o

I don't think the magazine was Mooze I think it was Booze. The guy in the picture is just making sure she stands up.

o

LMAO!!

o

Well show you how dumb I am I don't even know who Lindsey Lohan is...is she the one that keeps going back to court for violating probation?

You're right HG, of course you are right if I'm right, they all look alike! Hair, face and boobs.....

o

"sure she stands up" or maybe him....my bad!

o

Lindsey Lohan is...is she the one that keeps going back to court for violating probation?

That's the one. She's been caught drunk driving number of times... can't stay out of trouble.

o

I might have recognized the old Lindsay but not the one with the whole new face and lips. I rapidly clicked off thinking it was a virus.

o

I might have recognized the old Lindsay but not the one with the whole new face and lips

Did she get plastic surgery?

What for? Isn't she a bit young for that?

o

Posted by hamiltongardener CAN 6a (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 16, 12 at 12:05

I'm guessing Demi just searched images for the President and picked one to link, based on the fact that the link is to an image and not to the website.

And the "porn" ad I'm seeing at that link is a half nekkid Lindsey Lohan ad...lol

o

Posted by chase z6 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 16, 12 at 12:13

I'm not sure how it happened but I'm very sure it was inadvertent. Teaches us all a lesson about where we get our "clips" and to preview our links before posting.

I saw where Chase made a remark in another thread--I've been gone all morning.

Yes, I found the photo I was looking for of Obama, "The mean big black guy" looking rather harmless riding his bicycle, with helmet, in mom jeans.

I don't know 'nuthin bout Lindsay Lohan, but I've seldom seen a photo of her where she didn't look suggestive.

If something came up other than the president's photo, I'm sorry about that. If people clicked on other links, I'm sorry you did that too.

I intended only for anyone to see the president's photo to dispute the charge that he was a "big mean black guy."

o

Don't worry Demi, there was no porn and there were no links to any porn either.

There was a fashion ad with Lindsey Lohan and some dude (I believe his name is "That guy who once did an ad with Lindsey Lohan") and she was skimpily dressed.

Not that there's anything wrong with that... see the slutwalk thread for clarification.

o

Demi, not sure what you are looking at but there was no clicking on other links...did you check your link? There she is in all her "glory" ...not that I care.

o

Jeez chase, we gotta stop posting at the same time. People will start to ask questions...

o

Too late.

o

Posted by marquest z5 PA (My Page) on Mon, Jul 16, 12 at 10:19

"If you click on the Presidents pic it has ads of porn pics. What is that all about Demi?"

Posted by maddie_athome (My Page) on Mon, Jul 16, 12 at 11:58

"No it means posting porn is against the TOS. Then again, just another classless move."

Posted by lily316 z5PA (My Page) on Mon, Jul 16, 12 at 12:02

"Yeah...Demi why IS there porn on the site you referenced to Obama?"

Nice. And lily, that's "President Obama". Thank goodness a nice bunch stepped in to put a cork in that bottle till Demi could get back and say something.

o

Grasping at any straws to try to bring me down!

There's got to be a reason for that.

;)

Rent free, Elvis!

o

Posted by chase z6 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 16, 12 at 15:55

Demi, not sure what you are looking at but there was no clicking on other links...did you check your link? There she is in all her "glory" ...not that I care.

This is getting old.

I said that I checked it, I just checked it AGAIN and all I see are two photos of Barack Obama, one on the left in his bicycle helmet and another of him standing on the right.

I see nothing else, no Lindsay Lohan, on the very edges surrounding these two photos the area appears to be gray, mottled.

I said I was sorry if people saw something other than the pictures of Obama.

I didn't click, no need to click, the picture was obvious.

Ridiculous!

o

I couldn't care less about this picture thing, but the half naked L.L. is there. Just hit the x at the upper right hand corner of the Obama picture. Then you will see a young woman that has made poor choices on the right side of the screen. Then you will see her and everyone will be happy.

o

Demi, I don't have to click on anything. The pictures of the President is superimposed on the article with the picture. I can see both at the same time.

Not sure why you are testy with me on this I said from the beginning it was inadvertent and I believe that.

o

Why do you keep saying it was inadvertent like demi had done something wrong without knowing it chase. It was not porn, it was a magazine ad. demi posted a link to some pictures and that was on the background page and someone started fluttering their hands and calling it porn. It wasn't, it isn't, and demi owes no mea culpa's to anyone.

o

Oh for goodness sake!!! I'm not in any way criticizing her. !!!! I'm sorry I spoke up on her behalf!! It won't happen again!

o

mrskjun, everyone has said they do understand Demi did not do it with intent.

If someone post a link because I can read I read the article, I am a little more intelligent and past the See Jane Run picture reading mentality. So I clicked to read the article. It did not look good to be. I high tailed it out of there. I have explained my problem with questionable sites before.

YOU SHOULD STOP NOW.....NO ONE THINK DEMI DID SOMETHING I-N-T-E-N-T-I-O-N-A-L-L-Y.

You can stop trying to minimize Lohan's reputation. If I had lingered I might have recognized her but I doubt it because every court hearing I saw her at on News at 11 she had a different questionable outfit, tattoo, hair style that even the one hearing the judge put her in jail when she would have had a chance to get off for her last bad judgement actions because of her appearance.

So give it a break and get back to the OP. THE PRESIDENT SHOULD NOT APOLOGIZE!!!! That is my opinion.

o

YES SHE DID IT WITH INTENT!!!!

She intended to show pictures of Obama...she did. Whatever was in the background could have been on any page she chose, why do you keep saying she didn't intentionally choose that web page? She didn't show any porn or anything that was against the rules!

And I've already made it clear that I do not want Obama to apologize.

o

Is there any way to stop every thread going the way of this one and several others lately? I know it is an election year and all that and it seems important to divide every issue into us vs them but boy does it get tiring when every question is reduced to childish bickering, peculiar only for its triviality. Everything from Demi's 'Big Mean Black Guy' has been a joke, can we just ease up on this as the forum is suffering as a result.

o

I agree with you inky. That's why I often take prolonged breaks.

o

Is there any way to stop every thread going the way of this one and several others lately? I know it is an election year and all that and it seems important to divide every issue into us vs them but boy does it get tiring when every question is reduced to childish bickering, peculiar only for its triviality.

I was thinking this yesterday as I read the Pickle thread and it's descent into the worst of human nastiness.

It seems to happen every time they are gearing up for an election, it happened four years ago as well.

o

yes, hg, where I first saw the word "cankles". I can't remember who uttered it but I think he was subsequently banned for stepping over the line.

o

Chase--I don't think you are understanding me.

You asked if I checked the link and if memory serves me you said something about being more careful.

My point was, I did check what showed up in the link before I posted it, and have several times since and Obama's photos are all I see.

I admit I did not look for the source or click on it or anything else, obviously that was the problem, and I will try not to make that mistake again.

I was in a hurry, found that picture, and didn't check out the source or what would happen if someone did more than just look at the picture I posted.

What's so telling is the several remarks of those that were grasping at straws to imply that I did something nefarious and intentional.

Lord, can't this be buried?

I would have said NO, he shouldn't apologize unless someone on his staff actually accused Romney of committing a felony.

Which of course, is what they want people to think.

Just like the comments in this thread about that link.

It's Chicago type politics and mud slinging.

And I can understand why people don't want to be around it.

o

yes, hg, where I first saw the word "cankles".

That's how you know it's just pure nastiness too. But not just this forum, of course, it's everywhere.

Remember during the primaries? There was a guy at a Hilary Clinton event who showed up with a sign that said something to the effect of "Get back in the kitchen and make me a sandwich".

However, I've been watching as people here on this forum have become downright vicious over the past few months, far beyond their usual cattiness and snarkiness.

Interesting to note that it's always the same people, too.

I've also noted a certain -- I believe the term is "astroturfer" -- has been making more regular appearances lately. I don't know whether to be amused at election years or disgusted. For now I'll be amused. By November, I will be disgusted.

o

That's why I often take prolonged breaks.

Ditto.

Debunking some of this gets old and tiring.

o

Old and tiring aren't the words... it's exhausting, and like consistently banging one's head against a brick wall, expecting that at some point a fact or two, or even a tiny smear of truth, will rub off and stick... but there's no such luck in the land that most perfectly describes insanity; doing the same thing over and over, hoping for a different result.

It's why I post less and less as November inches closer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here