Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Lancome product ad

Posted by mylab123 z5NW (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 30, 12 at 11:16

It shows up without anywhere I am able to find which allows for deleting - it stays on the screen until the screen slowly the screen turns dark until it has deleted itself, I am unable to move around until the process has been completed. Really irritating. Anyone else with this forum ad placement problem?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Lancome product ad

Yes, I just wait out the two seconds it takes to delete itself. My up/down navigation bar still works through it though... At first, I thought that's what made it disappear.

o

I am getting the same ad. What is particularly annoying is that it's not a cruelty free company.

o

I use Firefox and do not see ant ads.

o

No ad here.

o

I use Firefox too but for some reason it's not blocking the ad.

o

No ad here.....Firefox and Adblock Plus

o

It's really making me feel irritated every time I see the word "Lancome." I don't want the ad to be presented to me in that fashion which leaves me with the inability to NOT look at it, even for a minute, if I choose not to.

I can easily find what I would certainly consider an equally effective skin cream at another beauty bar within the same dept. store with equal ease. One which doesn't have an industry name which now irritates me on sight.

o

With firefox and likely other browsers there is add block plus and you have to subscribe to a list for it to work properly. I see no adds any where I go of any kind. I also have AVG free anti virus with an add on called do not track. and it blocks tracking sites and shows a list of them when going to a new page.

o

Firefox also features "Tell Websites I do not want to be tracked"

Options/Privacy

o

Thanks Don, I'll look into that.

o

It does have an X in the top right hand corner but the and repositions itself so quickly that you cannot delete it. I understand the need for ad revenue but for one that obnoxious, I think it to be rather counterproductive.

o

not seeing the ad here either, using safari snow leopard on a mac

o

I get the x also & click. There's mac Malaware out there now that can get you even through Safari or Firefox. Edds Mac Yahoo account was hacked by it according to Yahoo's tech support.

Here is a link that might be useful: New Trojan

o

• Posted by momj47 7A..was 6B (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 30, 12 at 14:08

I hate them, and ads like that drive me away from a product.

Just reload and it will be gone.

o

I'd comment but there's a Lancome ad blocking my screen...

o

I hate it. You can bet I'd never buy any Lancome product and I would think that no one else would who is irritated by the ad (and who isn't irritated?).

o

I have to get rid of it by clicking on it, which opens a separate Lancome window. I close that, and then the original ad goes away.

PITA.

o

Don't see it. I use Firefox and a few others..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here