Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Worst Congress Ever!

Posted by dockside (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 14, 12 at 13:56

The linked article gives 14 reasons which support the author's claim that the 112th Congress is the worst congress ever. Since only 11% of the citizens approve of Congress, surely we can all agree on this (unless you are one of the 11%).

The part that I found humorous had to do with repealing the ACA 33 times. Klein (the author) said that we know that when we do the same thing over and over, expecting different results, that is insanity. Which is a good way of describing the repeated repeal (with 0 bills to replace) of the ACA. Insanity. Actually, the Republicans weren't expecting different results. They knew that there would be no change, no matter how many times they voted to repeal. So, I guess they can't be insane. Stupid, maybe?

Here is a link that might be useful: Insanity? Stupidity? Or...?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Worst Congress Ever!

No, they are licking their politicking chops, salvitating at the thought of campaigning against Obamacare and the intransient Dems who refuse to bow to the wishes of the majority (?!?!) of the American People. The same People that hate socialized medicine, such as Medicare.

o

31 symbolic votes what a crock of crap. They should be pulled from their seats have their heds shaved & run through a gauntlet of the unemployed & those who have lost their savings & homes.
Eric Cantor shoul be booed wherever he shows his traitorous face. Issa needs to launch an investigation of his legal if scummy betting against the US. Stinking floater I hope he loses his seat.

o

They should all be fired and all their benefits taken away.

o

I got an idea, why doesn't Harry Reid let it come up for a vote once in the senate. Settle it one way or the other. Congress has voted to repeal it 31 times. What's Reid afraid of huh?

o

I heard it was 33 times. Look, the House has already spent $50 million worth of floor time on this. Why should the Senate spent more if they know it will fail?

Where's your fiscal sense gone, mrskjun?

o

Nothing but a total waste of time and money, for those who are so annoyed about how Washington spends your money, total waste of time.

The way democracy works is to see what "the people" want in the upcoming election. If the Republicans win a majority, and the Presidency, then they have the mandate to repeal it...until them it is just posturing and a waste of time and money.

What happened to it being all about jobs. These are the same guys who criticized President Obama for focusing on healthcare instead of jobs in his first year, yet that's all they have focused on themselves......so transparent.

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 14, 12 at 17:32

Well.....before the repubs took over in 2010/11 the number was "up" around 18% or so. Dang repubs always bringing us down.

o

The magic of Tea Party Nation!

o

Focused 'like a laser' on jobs, they are.

When you stop and think that the republican congressmen ran in 2010 on focusing on jobs, jobs, jobs, and all we get is this cr*p from day one, along with, of course, the tax cuts for millionaires, nearly running the country into default, refusing to vote for any of the hiring proposals Obama made, and nobody ever calls them on it.

o

You are calling them on it, David.

o

When you stop and think that the republican congressmen ran in 2010 on focusing on jobs, jobs, jobs, and all we get is this cr*p from day one, along with, of course, the tax cuts for millionaires, nearly running the country into default, refusing to vote for any of the hiring proposals Obama made, and nobody ever calls them on it.

They're all about nut-jobs.

But that was clear from the get-go.

o

Settle it one way or the other.

??? Why do you think a ruling from the Supreme Court of the United States, the highest court in the land, doesn't "settle it"?

o

How is it that a bill duly passed in Congress, signed into law by the President and upheld by the Supreme Court is not "settled"

If the Republic and win in November they will then have a mandate to change or repel the law..unless that happens its "settled"

o

Need my morning coffee.....that should be - Republicans win - and - repeal - .....although repel could work for what is currently going on!!!

o

I thought "repel" was good enough. ;-)

But that's just me.

o

"??? Why do you think a ruling from the Supreme Court of the United States, the highest court in the land, doesn't "settle it"?"

Because the American people get to have the last word.
Remember them?

They haven't voted yet. They haven't given the okay to Obamacare. In fact, they were pretty clear in 2010 about what they thought of the Democrats who shoved it down their throats.

It will be "settled" when voters choose between re electing Democrats and getting stuck with their unpopular 100% Democrat plan. Or a fresh start from a newly elected Republican president and US Senate, and the responsible Democrats who remained respectful of the American people and what THEY wanted.

o

Tax realeaf for small business filibustered to death by guess who! Nik those who now are benefiting from the health care knows that the boogeyman man was a crock.

o

So stop worrying. Your guy will win in a landslide!

o

Nik, it may not be a landslide but the way Romney is managing this election it is very likely President Obama will have a second term.....then things will be settled.

o

So what will be the criteria for winning, Nik? If Obama wins but some Democrats lose their seats ... will that be a liberal win or loss?

o

"Nik, it may not be a landslide but the way Romney is managing this election it is very likely President Obama will have a second term.....then things will be settled."

Whatever you say, chase. You did tell me you know more about how things work here than most Americans, including me. So if Obamacare is what folks want, I guess we're stuck with it. I understand Canadians, like Democrats, know everything there is to know about what's good for Americans. Even when we're too stupid to know ourselves. Thanks for sharing.

The matter of voting remains. The American people still have the last word. As we should. I'm can live with that. We usually get what we want.

o

"We usually get what we want deserve."

Fixed it for ya.

o

Nik that was truly uncalled for. So often I see such an intelligent thinking person in you and then you post someting like this. I am truly sorry for you , it must be awful to be so consumed with such a bitter, resentful view of the wonderful mosaic that its America...and the world beyond its borders.

Your sarcasm and insults only speak to your intolerance of other opinions.

o

Last time I checked Congress hasn't given the American people what they want, deserve or need. All they've given is a lot of bickering. Oh but, apparently Romney and his people are going to work with both sides of Congress and bring them together into a cohesive plan for jobs and the economy. That will be interesting.

o

"The matter of voting remains. The American people still have the last word. As we should. I can live with that. We usually get what we want."

Clearly a disturbing thought for some.

o

So disturbing that Nik felt the need to quote HERSELF. Wow.

o

Their voting!

o

The American people still have the last word. If the American people had the last word, then Al Gore would have been president.

o

Exactly JZ and things went to hell in a hand basket since the SC gave the country BUSH!!!

o

They have't passed any legislation. Basically, they do NOTHING and from a procedures standpoint, they are embarrassing in their ineptness and lack of knowledge on their powers.

They set back our recovery with their phony debt ceiling crisis that compromised global confidence in our country and almost toppled us and the world over the edge. They lost our credit rating in the process.

They screwed the transpiration bill, the FAA, small business tax relief, and transparent government. They blocked important appointments during a fiscal crisis that again stalled recovery.

They care more about a woman's uterus than jobs. They lie we all suffer. The dysfunction is epic. We have huge problems to solve.

o

"So disturbing that Nik felt the need to quote HERSELF. Wow."

Translation:

How can we push Democrat talking points when we can't change the subject??? If Americans have the last word, we're screwed!

Love that picture, Labrea. My translation as the caption for your picture. Priceless!

o

Blather.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here