Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Who is Carlos Danger

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 23, 13 at 15:09

Who is Carlos Danger? Is this dirty politics, dirty dishing or just plain old sexting again?
AH well a couple of months in a rehab might help !
Too bad if it's true!
The Road of Recovery is often a very slippery one & then there are those long slides to bumpity bump!
It would almost guarantee Quinn a win

Here is a link that might be useful: Slippery road of recovery

This post was edited by labrea on Tue, Jul 23, 13 at 15:10

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Who is Carlos Danger

From the Business Insider. I suppose this could be old news and photos surfacing as he admitted they might.

I will admit to not carefully scrutinizing these links.

Here is a link that might be useful: Oh Anthony! For shame!

o

Opts CNN saying it's so it happened last year. Oh that's a tough one but come all yee faithful Dog Pile!

o

But if it was after the last one, the one which was exposed in the media, I think he and his supporters have to accept what is coming at him from conservative media and boards such as this one as well as all other media.
This is a part of the business he accepted when he accepted a career in the public eye and dependent upon the majority of public support. If true, does this mean he has a problem with something or other? Im sure. Does it matter, if his wife forgives him. I certainly believe so, because it indicates an inability to practice self control, even if the lack of it and discovery will mean certain public humiliation and ruin - not only for himself but to all those connected to his private life and public aspirations, as well as a negative effect on his party because he is a national name.
We in this forum who are democratic voters are likely to get a beating if we attempt to defend or deflect from his behavior and, sorry - we will deserve it if we do, just as we would jump were it a conservative on his ( or her's) second chance, ruined it and conservatives began to defend/deflect or begin the "well, your's is no better either!" routine. All's fair, after all.

If this took place AFTER the last public exposure of similar behavior, I would hope that liberals would denounce his behavior and drop vocal support and just let the subject of it and him go away. Some things are never acceptable behavior from those making a career in the public eye, which is their choice to do.
That said, I hope he will get some help so that all who loves him can be spared further pain of public humiliation. I hear he is otherwise a man of empathy, decency, charity and wanting to work to make this country a better place for us all. If that is true, there are far worse things a politician has done and will do, than this.

If this story is not accurate and this man has done no such thing since his last public exposure of his crass stupidity - some very nasty business is a-foot!

Nasty, and far worse than stupid sexting by a politician. In that case, stay tuned, because far FAR more threads to come this forum's way! *LOL*

o

Opts CNN saying it's so it happened last year. Oh that's a tough one but come all yee faithful Dog Pile!

Let's see what comes out in the wash. I wanted to ask if he would be stupid enough to run knowing this could come out if it was very recent but he is a pol so I won't bother wasting my breath and time. Anything is possible.

Labrea, you are correct when you say it is a long road to recovery.

We shall see.

As I have said in the past, these things that I did were wrong and hurtful to my wife and caused us to go through challenges in our marriage that extended past my resignation from Congress," Weiner said in a statement. "While some things that have been posted today are true and some are not, there is no question that what I did was wrong"

"I said that other texts and photos were likely to come out, and today they have," he said Tuesday.

The exchanges surfaced Tuesday, about a year after they allegedly took place and in the middle of Weiner's Democratic primary campaign for New York mayor.

"This behavior is behind me. I've apologized to Huma and am grateful that she has worked through these issues with me and for her forgiveness," he said. "I want to again say that I am very sorry to anyone who was on the receiving end of these messages and the disruption that this has caused. As my wife and I have said, we are focused on moving forward."

"If reporters want to go and try to find more, I can't say they're not going to be able to find another picture, find another person who may want to come out on their own," he told RNN Television. "But I'm not going to contribute to that. The basics of the story are not going to change. It's behind me. It was a huge mistake."

Ahhh, just another day in politics with politicians.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cnn and Weiner's statement

o

Carlos, I mean Anthony is holding a press conference in a few minutes to address this. Perhaps we will get some facts as opposed to conjecture and then the fact-checkers can either confirm them or not.

o

I hope he bows out and spares his wife any more embarrassment. And I hope she does NOT stand by him. He is a very troubled man, too bad for his future.

o

I hope she does what is best for her and her family. I can't make a judgement what she should do in her marriage as I am not privy to any information on what has gone on between them for the last 2 years. As a New Yorker I can only decide if I want to vote for him for my Mayor and quite frankly, right now it seems he jumped back in too soon.

o

He is not very smart is he????? Did he not think that this would eventually come out? He should have come clean before he announced he was running for mayor. It might not have been such a big deal then.

~Ann

o

Ann, he did say that there may be other photos that would come out when he announced he was running.

What is stunning to many is the timing of these photos and that this incident happened a year after he resigned from his congressional seat and after he went to rehab.

There is nothing indicating that is is still occuring as Demi's thread falsely stated, but it shows that this was a reoccuring problem and perhaps it is too soon to run for office under the circumstances.

o

Epi, I know that he said more photos might come out, but I think the way he worded that was to suggest that the pictures were from when he got caught and resigned his seat. Before rehab. It was misleading. He just forgot to mention that he fell off the "wagon" and that it was more current.

Ann

o

I agree, Pidge.

o

• Posted by momj47 7A..was 6B (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 23, 13 at 19:39

He's creepy and his life is clearly out of control. He needs to get out of politics, he can't be trusted, not that we trust any politician, but this guy is ridiculous.

I guess his wife doesn't want to be a single parent, but................good grief, enough is enough.

(According to Borowitz, he was sexting during today's press conference!!?? LOL)

o

Epi, I know that he said more photos might come out, but I think the way he worded that was to suggest that the pictures were from when he got caught and resigned his seat.

And in hindsight I took it as covering all his bases. :)
He knows what is out there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here