Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anthony Weiner still sending lewd photos and texts

Posted by demifloyd 8 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 23, 13 at 15:28

You can't make this stuff up!

I guess he hadn't humiliated his wife, and now his child, enough.

Anthony's still talking dirty and sharing photos of himself on social media

This post was edited by demifloyd on Tue, Jul 23, 13 at 16:50

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anthony Weiner still sending lewd photos and texts

Already have a post Who's Carlos danger?

o

Bye-bye Anthony!

o

It appears that these are newly released pictures from the original scandal.

.......but we'll see.

o

Clearly he IS flawed.

o

Posted by chase z6 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 23, 13 at 15:45

It appears that these are newly released pictures from the original scandal.

.......but we'll see.

No, that does not appear to be the case.

From Huffington Post NY, July 23, 2013:

"Anthony Weiner is being accused of exchanging multiple sexts with a 22-year-old woman a little over a year after the former congressman was forced to resign from a sexting scandal in June 2011.

The alleged conversations were posted on the nightlife site "The Dirty" on Monday, which claims to be in contact with the unidentified woman.

According to the site, Weiner used the handle "Carlos Danger" when talking to the woman:

I’ve been in contact with a young female girl who wishes to remain Anonymous. She was lured by Anthony Weiner post scandal via Facebook. They had a relationship for 6 months and she believed they were in love. Anthony Weiner like a true sex predator promised Anonymous many things like a job at Politico and a condo in Chicago (a place they could meet up and have sex). The relationship consisted of Anthony Weiner and Anonymous sending sexually explicit pictures of each other and having sexual conversations via phone."

o

We'll see..............the man has no credibility with me but this information has a certain aroma to it.

o

Time for the man to exit the public arena ... for good!

o

I agree, if this new info is true.
If not, very ugly business - worse than him sexting yet again- is going on.

I kind of lean that there is a lot of truth to this story, but why has it not hit the natl news? If factual, maybe tonight. If true, Anthony couldnt get elected as dog catcher - and rightly so.

o

A better way to put it is that if this new info coming out is a behavior taking place AFTER the last public exposure - then its time to go. If it's old news recycled to appear like recent behavior....Id like the names in front of and behind the attempt to fool the public. Someone somewhere has something to gain politically by fooling the public with this and I would like to know who wants that gain that badly.

But if the story is about recent sexting?

Bye bye, Anthony. See ya - never!

o

From Demi's own cut and paste.

a little over a year after the former congressman was forced to resign from a sexting scandal in June 2011.

A year ago is different than "still" as is (disingenously) the title of the thread. We don't know if he is "still" doing this but it seems that he was texting a year after he resigned so anything is possible.

I posted this in the original thread about this. The CNN article with Weiner's statement.

As I have said in the past, these things that I did were wrong and hurtful to my wife and caused us to go through challenges in our marriage that extended past my resignation from Congress," Weiner said in a statement. "While some things that have been posted today are true and some are not, there is no question that what I did was wrong"

"I said that other texts and photos were likely to come out, and today they have," he said Tuesday.

The exchanges surfaced Tuesday, about a year after they allegedly took place and in the middle of Weiner's Democratic primary campaign for New York mayor.

"This behavior is behind me. I've apologized to Huma and am grateful that she has worked through these issues with me and for her forgiveness," he said. "I want to again say that I am very sorry to anyone who was on the receiving end of these messages and the disruption that this has caused. As my wife and I have said, we are focused on moving forward."

"If reporters want to go and try to find more, I can't say they're not going to be able to find another picture, find another person who may want to come out on their own," he told RNN Television. "But I'm not going to contribute to that. The basics of the story are not going to change. It's behind me. It was a huge mistake."

Just another day in politics.

Poor Huma, my heart goes out to her in any case. She doesn't deserve to endure this again even if it is year old story.but if this is an old story then she may have known and was prepared for it to rear its ugly head. If f this is new, and reoccuring again, which there is no proof, then as Labrea stated in the other thread, the road to recovery is a long one and he has backslid again.

We will see when the facts come out and we aren;t getting our information from "The Dirty"..a known sleazy gossip site.

Here is a link that might be useful: CNN

o

If I were Huma, I would be packing his bags. What's his deal? He has a lovely intelligent wife and baby and he sexts with a bimbo? He sure is self destructive.

o

But lily, we don't know if this is new behavior or a carry-over from the original incident. When he finally fessed up, he did say there might be more out there that would surface. And it probably will continue to do so as long as someone has something to gain or someone to further hurt by it.

I can't judge if he's fit for office again - the people of SC thought Sanford was. People in NYC might find the likes of Spitzer and Weiner suitably contrite and electable. They're both ahead in the polls. In Eliot "Client 9" Spitzer and Anthony "Tweets" Weiner you've got the twins of the tabloids with a following that thinks financial corruption would be infinitely worse than sexual misconduct.

I'm trying to think outside the box to discover if either of these guys will impact my life in any real way.

o

If I were Huma I would be doing whats right for Huma which would be her business.
It's an understood bad fact of life that with anything like this relapses are not uncommon.
Some peoples relapses are out there in public with drugs & alcohol, gambling or sex, some aren't considered pathological or shameful by our culture but are none the less as destructive to relationships & the people in their lives.

Sex is the big taboo the culture is still rather immature in their response to the foibles of others. IMO!

o

Whether demi is eager to jump on this or not, Anthony Weiner is a very troubled man and I hope New York ditches him. He is on TV right now and I wish his wife was NOT standing beside him. I don't think he has the slightest chance of being mayor of New York--which is fine with me. I would like a Dem in the position, but certainly not Weiner. Sad day for him, his wife, and New York.

This post was edited by pidge on Wed, Jul 24, 13 at 6:08

o

• Posted by kwoods Cold z7 Long Is (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 23, 13 at 17:46

How is this more important than Beyonce's weave getting caught in a fan? I turn on the news I expect to see news.

o

If I were Huma I would be doing whats right for Huma which would be her business.
It's an understood bad fact of life that with anything like this relapses are not uncommon.

Agree completely.

In watching his press conference it seems that this is something they have been dealing with together and it is old news. They both came off confident and strong and not surprised about this.

I take back that I posted that I feel sorry for her. There is nothing to feel sorry for. Watching and listening to her, she is a bright woman and a class act and has dealt with all of this over the last few years well and still is. She didn't stand uncomfortably and silent like Spitzer's wife.

o

Sad day for EDD he wanted to vote for him I want De Blasio who is way down on the list now which leaves us with QUINN groan! At least the petulant one will be gone I voted for him twice but really enough already!
I hope he gets help If I believed in prayer I would pray for him & his wife.

o

I was just watching that press conference. The whole thing did not sit well with me. He's brushing his inappropriate behavior under the carpet, or behind him as he says. This is really too recent to just put behind. He said he was pleased his wife has forgiven him. "Pleased???" Really? That's a pretty mild word. And what's up with her? Why would she hang on with this jerk, stand up and say she forgives him. Not nearly enough time has passed to heal those wounds and see if he has truly stopped this awful behavior (he probably cannot). They need to leave public life.

The fact that he feels he can still successfully run for office indicates how poor his judgment is. I felt the same way about a couple of our recent presidential candidates...their efforts to be elected demonstrated what a poor grasp of reality they had.

o

I know what you mean, kwoods. Aside from Beyoncé doing battle with the blades of fury, Taco Bell axing the kids' menu, a Rufous-necked wood-rail spotted in NM......

o

Is it possible this guy has a real problem, similar to Tiger Woods. Remember, he promised his wife it would never happen again. Think he'll keep his promises to the voters? He needs professional help or my bet is, he will continue the behavior. I just wish his wife would not stand up there beside him, even if she plans to forgive yet again.

o

Unfortunately, yet again I haven't been pleased with any of my choices for mayor this election.

Weiner needs to concentrate on himself, his family and his life and not running for mayor of the city of NY, a job too important for someone who may be distracted with other things. It seems it was too soon to jump back into the cesspool of politics.

o

I missed the press conference and don't want to watch a video. I'm sure it'll headline tonight's MSNBC lineup and then I can flip over to see what O'Reilly and Hannity have to say by way of comparison.

Mrsk, I do believe this guy could possibly have a problem, but there are things we don't know yet. Maybe I'm giving too much quarter - I don't know that yet either.

o

Generally someone with a problem doesn't stop until they are stopped or hit some kind of spiritual, physical or legal bottom.
Smokers who keep smoking with cancer, drunks keep drinking after everyone has left them and they throw up nearly everything they try to swallow, heroin addicts with sores all over their body shooting up. In the depths of misery seeking relief or pleasure I've never know any that ever found either.
It's frustrating but his wife would need some kind of help also because if he is a sex addict in away she has been living with a stranger!
(professionals would have to decide this)
They would also have to plan a course of treatment & action & then it would be between he & his wife.
Out of the public life would probably be advisable for now but there are recovering sex addicts in public life.

o

I don't have much regard for people who violate their marriages and publicly troll for sexual partners and then string their victims along with promises of relationships and/or other goodies (like jobs and apartments and perhaps even love), while their spouse has to deal with the fallout and carry all of the baggage for rehabilitating the relationship.

Guys like him leave a path strewn with broken promises and maybe even broken hearts. I wouldn't trust his judgment. He has the sexual mentality of a 14-year-old.

I'm sure Huma, who is probably quite ambitious herself and sees potential opportunities that could come through her husband's political ambitions, may very well be sincere and smart and everything else. She's entitled to stay in such a marriage, if that's what she wants. However, she is wrong that it is just between her and her husband.

He masquerades on Facebook to troll for women. He tweets. He finds them and they find him, although they may not know who he is until it's too late. It doesn't get much more public than that. He has dragged others into his little intrigues with promises that he couldn't keep, and promises that he probably had no intention of keeping. That makes him liar and an opportunist. So, no, it's not just between Weiner and Huma. He brought other people into it, willingly and intentionally.

Weiner Boy, stop violating your marriage and then trying to hide behind it when things get uncomfortable.

This "relationship" occurred just under a year ago. They said there were probably more. Perhaps not more current, but this is apparently not the end of it. Even after getting caught he didn't stop.

I can't trust his judgment, but it's up to the voters. I hope they don't vote for him just because he's a "rehab cause" and they want to show how progressive they are by voting for someone with a personality disorder.

o

I agree, Lion, she must be an ambitious person, considered her options, and decided sticking with him is the best way to go.

Who would finance his campaign?

o

Demi, A year after he resigned, the little weasel was STILL sexting. Did you hear about that? Me either.

Far from being "old news," this new revelation confirms that Anthony Weiner is an unreformed liar who will con people as many times as he can get away with it. It also confirms that some people, but not all people, can learn from experience.

Thanks for posting.

o

From Demi's link: "But with his wife, Huma Abedin, smiling shyly an arm's length away from him, he said: "I want to bring my vision to the people of the city of New York. I hope they are willing to still continue to give me a second chance."

Weiner's "vision." That's rich. More like his "visuals." I can't imagine what this stunning and talented woman sees in a future with this loser.

o

Hyena alert!

o

"I agree, Lion, she must be an ambitious person, considered her options, and decided sticking with him is the best way to go.Who would finance his campaign?"

Can't believe I an saying this but ...........Hillary Clinton is a mentor of hers.

o

Well, now wait a minute. Wasn't Weiner and his wife doing interviews with People Magazine last year, telling us this whole thing was behind them and that he was becoming the bestest father and the bestest husband ever? Wasn't this interview given (or published) at just about the same time that he started his latest online "fling"?

In 2011 he was sexting with at least a half a dozen women while his wife was pregnant. When caught, he denied it. Then he blamed other people, accusing them of lying about him. Finally, he had to admit to it and resigned from Congress. He flies under the radar for a year or so, then magically resurfaces as a completely rehabilitated husband/father.

Oops, not quite. At roughly the same time he was digitally rendezvousing with a 22-year-old, ostensibly promising her a tony apartment in Chicago and a job with Politico.

I think it's safe to add "stupid" to the adjectives that apply to him. So he's a really stupid and horny liar who keeps getting caught. What's not to love?

o

I watched what was on the airways and could only turn myself around 180 degrees and conclude what a narcissistic, self destructive, grandstander. Like all the pundits were saying, he seemed to be enjoying himself and the attention he was getting. Huma not so much.

Someone proffered it might be good for him to stay in the race and lose, but tomorrow's Times editorial is telling him to quit. He's been around and in politics virtually all of his adult life; kind of makes you wonder what career path he would take in the absence of public life. He could consider spending some quality time salvaging his marriage and keeping his apparent lack of impulse control managed. That's about all I can say about someone who obviously needs a lot more professional help than what he's so far availed himself.

o

The title of this thread is misleading, and based on the current information available, untrue. No retraction, as yet.

There was a feature article on Weiner and Huma a few months ago in the NYT Sunday magazine. She seems incredibly sharp, and knows her way around politics. If she is standing by her husband, I respect her decision. Who knows what conversations have taken place privately, and perhaps she already knew of this slip. She must have been aware of the risks he ran entering the mayoral race, considered them acceptable. I wish her the best.

The voters will decide Weiner's political fate, and whether he is recovering is up to no one but him.

Meanwhile, the left coast has our own sexual inappropriate drama with the new mayor of San Diego. So far he's hanging on, despite the lawsuit filed for harrassment. Stay tuned.

o

Watching his press conference and listening to Huma speak, I decided she would make the better mayor of NYC. She's following her mentor, Hillary Clinton. Most political wives DO stay. Only a few like Maria Shiver and Sanford's wife leave the marriage.

o

Still, as in even after all the proffers of I'm sorry I'll be a good boy from now on, he was still at it. Whether he is doing it at this moment or not is "still" unknown. If it's some kind of sex addiction, in all probability it is. But epi and nancy, you really need to find something of more importance to try to shoot demi with. This just looks kind of kindergarten.

o

Some say Clinton is to blame for the sleazy pols to feel that nothing can keep them out of office...

o

Weiner is just to creepy for words.

And his lack of any respect for his wife and child is just staggering.

He isn't just "misbehaving" he has a PROBLEM. Who would want someone like him for dog catcher, much less mayor.

o

Yet he is leading in the pols, which demonstrates that the rest of the field is woefully weak. New York deserves better than this dud. He makes Bloomberg (who I like anyway) look like a knight in shining armor.

o

This incident is a year old and was known by his wife.

Huma, who is incredibly articulate and bright, says she loves him , has forgiven him and she believes in him.

We'll see if the voters of NYC can do the same.

o

Well, he was leading in the polls, lets hope there's a change in the next round of polling.

o

December of 2012 is not exactly a year ago, that's when this particular relationship ended, and he contacted the woman in April of this year to ask her what she thought of his new facebook page. He sure is proud of that thing, and must think women want to see it.

o

So many gave Rudy Giuliani pass having sex with another woman while still married then trying to move that woman into Gracie Mansion. It took a judges order to keep her out because his wife & children were still living there.
Made a great presidential candidate didn't he?
Anyone here who thought so gave him a pass!

o

I don't understand references to Weiner as a sexual predator.

Aren't these relationships consensual?

His behavior is disgraceful enough without exaggerating.

Best Wishes to his wife.

o

I just wonder if they need to change the ballots. Anthony Weiner for Mayor, or Carlos Danger for Mayor. Who would get your vote?

o

Txan, you're right in a technical sense. But I think he gets the moniker because he has considerable power and name recognition and a 20-year-old might be susceptible to that. He's out there trolling for gullible young women.

o

I wonder WHY... San Diego's Mayor is accused of being a sexual creep, touching women inappropriately, asking them to work pantyless and making innuendo.

It's so sad. We need these people to be working for us and instead they're mini-celebrities with all that comes.

o

So many gave Rudy Giuliani pass having sex with another woman while still married then trying to move that woman into Gracie Mansion. It took a judges order to keep her out because his wife & children were still living there.
Made a great presidential candidate didn't he?
Anyone here who thought so gave him a pass!

Very interesting. Why is that, do you think?

o

That horse isn't dead yet. Rudy was publicly screwing another woman while he was mayor and trying to get her in Gracie Mansion while his family still lived there. Where were you Righties then? As you can see , we liberals will criticize our own unlike you on the Right.

o

I wasn't talking about Rudy epi..I mean, lily.

But to be clear I didn't vote for Rudy, for mayor or for president.

"As you can see , we liberals will criticize our own unlike you on the Right."
Did you pull that little jewel out of thin air?

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 24, 13 at 16:51

All this wiener talk is making me hungry.

o

I don't have any use for Giuliani nor Sanford nor Edwards nor Spitzer nor even Clinton (even though I voted for him twice).

Too many politicians turn out to be contemptible weasels. It's practically a competition among them. Surely there must be better people who can run for office, instead of this recycled trash that we keep getting in the form of "has-beens that won't go away".

o

Too many politicians turn out to be contemptible weasels. It's practically a competition among them. Surely there must be better people who can run for office, instead of this recycled trash that we keep getting in the form of "has-beens that won't go away".

It's depressing, isn't it?

Good, qualified and able people won't run because of the time and money, and media will trash good lives by looking up some traffic infraction, some niece that was arrested for drug possession, an affair, rumors of an affair, business failures, a bad check years ago--you name it. It's not worth it to most good people, and they can't run against the incumbents will all of their power, money, and dirt teams.

The has beens will just not go away, you are right.

Last I saw Weiner was refusing to get out of the mayoral race although many Democrats were encouraging him to do so.

What an ego this guy has--I think it knows no bounds.

There were also comparisons of Mrs. Weiner to Hilary Clinton--how to be a doormat for future political success.

Of course that is a personal decision, but one would hardly think women known for being so tough and smart would continue to be humlilated and lied to.

One way of looking at it is taking your marriage vows seriously.
Then there is the other way of looking at it, as I mentioned, and probably more ways.

In any event, I figure Mrs. Weiner, as Hilary Clinton, is smart enough to know when or why to leave, depending on her goals.

This post was edited by demifloyd on Thu, Jul 25, 13 at 11:21

o

Weiner's ego knows no bounds--he's accomplished almost nothing except to lambast Republicans with little result and to get on TV to rant about whatever is going on at the time.

I was appalled by Huma Adedin giving that speech the other afternoon. This issue is really not just a private affair between husband and wife but one of whether the public can trust Anthony Weiner. I don't think anyone can trust him, including his wife. His poll numbers are dropping fast and I hope he takes himself off the stage soon, VERY soon.

o

Nancy, I heard on the radio this morning that one more has come forward anonymously, bringing the total count to four.

The reference to handcuffs and what he'd like to do with those and the headlock while whispering disgustedly are images I cannot get out of my head.

Sexting? Child's play. This is out and out sexual abuse.

The radio also said he still hadn't decided if he would resign; the thought of him going to court on our taxpayer money makes me slightly nauseous knowing libraries/pools are shortening hours, etc.

o

Nancy Pelosi blasts both Weiner and Filner as "clueless." I think you are right, silversword, and I don't think that Weiner is any less an abuser than Filner, starting with his wife.

o

I heard on the radio this morning that one more has come forward anonymously

I heard that too, silversword.

There's a local radio host of a weekly public affairs program that was strongly promoting Filner before the election. She's remaining curiously quiet on the subject. We'll see if she manages to mention this mess next Monday.

This is out and out sexual abuse.

The man does not have a clue -- more brash than brains.

o

You guys need to tune into Letterman. He's having a field day with Weiner. I'll bet his writers hope he doesn't drop out. The Carlos Danger thing pops up on the screen with matador music every time Dave does a joke.

I think he'll drop out, and I think Huma will eventually go too. How much humiliation can a woman take? Particularly a smart one like her. There is something seriously wrong with this guy if he was on a path of redemption and to do even more reprehensible behavior. Goes to his basic character..

o

And new today...

Anthony D. Weiner, the embattled candidate for mayor of New York City, acknowledged on Thursday that he had engaged in inappropriate online communications with up to three women since leaving Congress two years ago, as his campaign entered a troubled and circuslike phase.

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

Latest Weiner's polls:
The new NBC 4 New York/Wall Street Journal/Marist Poll released Thursday found Weiner's favorability rating among registered Democrats has tanked since June, from 52 percent to 30 percent, according to the poll conducted Wednesday. Over that same period, the percentage of Democrats who said they had an unfavorable impression of Weiner spiked from 36 to 55.

His lead over City Council Speaker Christine Quinn has also evaporated; 25 percent of Democrats said they'd now vote for her in the Sept. 10 Democratic primary, and 16 percent said they'd back Weiner. A poll conducted last month had Weiner leading Quinn 25 percent to 20 percent.

The public, Democrats in particular, are not giving Weiner a "pass" on misbehavior.

Kate

Here is a link that might be useful: Latest Weiner polls

o

It is clear just hearing what people are saying here, not via the media but among colleagues, friends, neighbors, on the grocery line, etc. by actual people that have to make the decision to vote for him, that he has little chance of winning. Many are willing to give people a 2nd chance but not a 2nd, 2nd chance under these circumstances.

Nevermind the fodder he is giving the late shows and comedians. John Oliver had a field day last night, but in NY we have to pick someone who can run this city. Some are angry at him, but others aren't and simply don't think he should be the mayor of this city under the circumstances and don't trust his ability to handle the pressure of the job,and feel needs to concentrate on himself and his family and getting his life back on track.

o

These are not little flirtations as he might make you believe. I had never heard of The Dirty, but googled it and there in front of my eyes were photos of his penis and not under underwear!!! Ewwwwww. Sicko.

o

I believe that pragmatism says he should step aside! I believe it's his decision to make I wish him a long slow recovery! That is wishing him well!
I detest the idea of Chirstine Quinn in office!

o

Labrea, I agree with everything you posted above.

o

OK--some of you New Yorkers need to help out us out in the boonies. What is wrong with Christine Quinn? I was just thinking that at least she is a woman--but I guess there must be some problem with her?

Kate

o

Anthony Wiener has now admitted to having lewd conversations with at least or no more than, depending on if you believe him, three women since he resigned from Congress in 2011.

The plot thickens.

It appears from photos released that Weiner sent via text that were referenced in my original post on this thread, which in FACT DID include the link when I originally posted, was more accurate initially in describing what Weiner shared photos of.

So now we know he shared photos of the precious.

This post was edited by demifloyd on Thu, Jul 25, 13 at 17:40

o

So, Anthony Wiener is STILL sending photos as of today?

Or he still sent photos after he resigned by isn't still sending them as of today?

~Ann

o

"So, Anthony Wiener is STILL sending photos as of today?"

You didn't get one?

o

Haha.

Not hot enough apparently.

Did you read the texts?

o

Sadly, no.

o

I had to quit.

Aside from wanting to take a shower, I was just shocked that a grown person could be so lewd with a stranger, much less a person that had humiliated his wife, family and constituents, apologized, and went back to doing it.

It's nasty.
It's gross.
It's sick, in my opinion.

And most of all, disrespectful to women, particularly his wife and constituents.

Weiner conducts his own private war against women.

o

demic writes: "And most of all, disrespectful to women, particularly his wife and constituents." Yes, and even worse--downright abusive. What a creep.

o

Whether an exhibitionist exposes his genitals on Twitter, or waits to flash an unsuspecting female in a park, he's a deviant.

o

Dublin I don't want to interrupt the swooning & the expert opinions on pathology so I sent you a link on Quinn!
The rest of you may resume!
LOL

o

Dublin I don't want to interrupt the swooning & the expert opinions on pathology so I sent you a link on Quinn!
The rest of you may resume!
LOL

Ha,

Glad you responded since it was a legitimate question that deserved an answer. I would have done so myself but now I don't have to interrupt anyone's salacious enjoyment. I am sure you covered all the bases though I do hope it included her abhorrent record on animal welfare as well, something that is often overlooked.

o

Enough I don't want to hijack whatever this is!

o

I don't want to hijack whatever this is!

So many disgusted people, and they just can't get enough of it!

o

"Foul whisperings are abroad: unnatural deeds
Do breed unnatural troubles: infected minds
To their deaf pillows will discharge their secrets"

o

LOL, interrupt someone's salacious enjoyment....So many disgusted people, and they just can't get enough of it!

umm so why do you keep posting on this thread if it's so abhorrent to you?

o

I am not taking salacious enjoyment in what's going on with Weiner. I see him not as a figure of titillation or ribald humor as many do, but as a woman abuser--not just his wife, but also all those women he's enlisted in cyberspace. Between him and Filner, the Democrats are conducting their own mini-war on women. They better sweep these two out the door and get back to the support for women that is characteristic of the party.

Rachel Maddow spoke last night of how men like these, plus McDonnell of Virginia, are debasing politics even further as a means to serve:
"“You know, all of these guys will hold on,” Maddow concluded, “for another day, for another week, believing in themselves above all else. While every moment they stay in office will slightly recalibrate for us as a nation the depths of shame that we are supposed to accept from people who are in positions of public leadership. Every moment they stay will further reduce the value and prestige of public office as a career in the United States of America.”

edited to add Maddow quote.

This post was edited by pidge on Fri, Jul 26, 13 at 6:05

o

Got the info I requested. Thanks.

Just read that San Diego is starting a recall petition against serial sexual harasser Bob Filner who admits he has misbehaved (he has a "monster" inside him, in case you were wondering), but he believes "the process" will "exonerate" him.

I think he deserves to be kicked out of office just for having a screw loose in his thinking mechanism!

These guys--Filner, Weiner, the Appalachian Trail guy, etc.--the list goes on--all live in their own private fantasy land! And they think they should be running big cities and sitting in Congress?

Kate

o

I haven't read much on Filner but he is disgusting, too.

This Weiner matter is now more than a headshake and dismissal from me, or others now, after I read some of those texts (which some referenced with what he would "like to do.")

It's sad, and I don't think Weiner is clueless, I think he is that arrogant and narcissistic. To me, this guy's problem isn't sex so much as it is his ego and lack of judgment--to think everyone else, including his accomplished wife, is so stupid as to excuse this behavior. Can you imagine him during a 9-11 emergency? Stopping around the corner to text how he would like to blank someone's blank up against the wall or whatever with his big blank. From what I saw of him over the years, his purpose was more discourse and division by his brazen brawl and blustering than actually working to get much accomplished.

As Beethovan noted on his deathbed, "The comedy is over."

Someone get the cane and pull him off the stage.

Sad.

This post was edited by demifloyd on Fri, Jul 26, 13 at 8:19

o

Weiner is a creep. The voters in NY will decide.

However, I don't understand the comments that he's waging a mini war on woman. How is this a war on me? It's my decision to stay or not stay with a man like this. It's my decision to vote or not vote for a man like this. He is not, as far as I know, trying to legislate anything about my rights or body. In my opinion, to say he is waging a war on woman minimizes what the Republicans are doing in terms of woman's rights.

o

I can't call it a war on women when the behaviour is consensual.

I think the women involved in these sexting incidents get far to easy a pass for their behaviour.

Yes he was an "important" man but his reputation was well understood and the young lady involved was just as suggestive as he was and in doing so encouraged and condoned the behaviour.......sorry no victim here!

o

The Times story is a vivid example of what happens when a woman is dragged into the spotlight because of a prominent man. Some of the women Weiner corresponded with say their online relationship was consensual. Cordova has maintained Weiner’s overture to her was an “unwanted advance.” Yet none of the women broke the law or broke a marriage vow ��" none did anything, in short, that makes their behavior worthy of enduring harassment or shunning. Yet even in the Times comments, among the readers sympathetic to the notion that “the double standard is alive and well,” you’ll find plenty of vitriol for those “too sensitive” women who were “equally stupid” as Weiner, women who need to accept that “You play, you pay,” and that “No one on either side is a victim here, except of their own lack of self control.”

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

I called it a "mini-war," not the full-blown assault fielded by many politicians, especially Repulbicans. And what I mean by a "war" or "abuse" is that Weiner is a man who has power and some women can be seduced by a man who is more powerful than they are and can promise things they would otherwise not attain--many women are acculturated to accept a lesser role in gender relations. I know his sexual escapades with women can be called "consensual," and I suppose technically you are right. But I continue to believe that men who wave their power around (along with body parts that are commonly seen as images of prowess) are abusive.
I'm not arguing with you, jill and chase, I just see this in a slightly different way.

o

...and there are many, many women who want to latch on to that power and authority for their own benefit.

This latest woman knew he was married, knew his past and was the one who leaked the information .

A friend of hers was on CNN yesterday and said that Ms. Leather had hired a manager and was negotiating an interview with Inside Edition . Of course she will cry victim but in this case I'm not buying it. Not that any of this absolves Weiner in the least.

......I really have to work hard at keeping a straight face when typing these two's last names........I'm so immature!

o

I do not disagree that they are abusive. I think they are absolutely abusive. In Weiner's case, what little I know, I think he's abusive to his wife. The other woman he's been involved with, in whatever capacity that is, did so willingly. Yes, I know some woman are taken in by the power. But getting involved (sexting or actual sex) with a married man is their decision and theirs alone. Nobody forced them to. I have no respect for Weiner and no respect for any woman that knowingly gets involved with a married man. But it has nothing to do with me and I don't view it as a war on me or my kind.

Also not arguing, just explaining my thoughts (or at least I hope I am).

o

Looks like there is an actual discussion going on here, not a barrage of insults and name calling. How refreshing.

Chase, you cracked me up with the juxtaposition of Leather and Weiner. What will the late night talk shows do with that!

Jill, I also find it hard to attach the word "respect" to women who take up with married men, but I also think the affair generally begins with manipulation by the man who "leads" such a woman on. On the othr hand, it's interesting tht Leather has hired a manager, makes her much less a victim than something of a manipulator herself. What a seedy lot.

o

Did the women know from the get go that Carlos Danger was Anthony Weiner? Or did they just hook up for phone sex or internet sex with some stranger?

I don't see this as a case of abuse. Not sure how anyone can claim it wasn't consensual. Not sure how a stranger on a website could force one into having unwanted virtual sex.

That said, I think the man is more than just a creep. I can't believe anyone would consider voting for him.

o

Evidently he told these women he loved them. Promised them lucrative jobs, condos or apts. Some 20, 22 year olds are still wet behind the ears. They believe that garbage spouted by someone who they see as powerful, demanding respect etc. etc. They are barely more than kids who believed the garbage he was spouting. He knew, he is a predator, and they are young and have learned a very painful lesson.

o

Some of the motivation on the young womens' parts may be more subtle and complex. In some cases, the young women feel (falsely) empowered because they seem to be sexually controlling and dominating a needy famous/rich/powerful/older man who plays into those feelings (for his own selfish purposes) by acting like the needy lover (I'll do anything for you, baby--job, car, apartment, etc.). The sad part is that the young woman is actually the needy one--low self-esteem--she has temporarily deluded herself into thinking she is powerful--and when the truth comes out, she feels betrayed--he let her down by no longer playing the game of pretending she was so powerful and attractive, etc. In a way the young woman realized all along it was a "game," but part of her wanted to believe the older guy "really" was in such need of her and emotionally dependent on her--to build up her own ego.

I would never make her out to be the "bad woman" in the case--she is usually rather vulnerable and needy--easy for the older experienced guy to take advantage of. As she learns the hard way.

Now, what the older/famous/powerful male gets out of it, I don't know. The "conquest" of a young vulnerable, needy woman is hardly a real ego-booster, is it?

Kate

o

To be honest, I know nothing about the latest in this case. I haven't followed it at all. Don't know if these women knew the deal with him or not. But, I think this sums it up nicely:

What a seedy lot

o

Evidence, promises & lessons case closed!
There yah have it!
Yet above you state or use an except.

"Some of the women Weiner corresponded with say their online relationship was consensual"

What manner of online relationship is it? One in which sexual innuendo is played at or masturbatory phone sex happens?
Little lambs lost in the woods all of them "ill give you one.
Sexual human beings being exposed to & exposing themselves to virtual sex relationships.

I'm reading as I've pointed out lots of supposition & editorial with little understanding of the pathologies involved yet numerous New stories & TV shows have had on professionals who work in these fields.
This last posting creates the "they were young excuse"
If behavior has already happened & responsibility for whatever that persons part in it is has not been taken 'It's an excuse"

o

This latest woman knew he was married, knew his past and was the one who leaked the information

Indeed. At least one of them contacted him first knowing all. She told one media source that she thought he would be her way out of her small town since she felt she was already doomed being she had a drug conviction and was known for other behavior that is looked down on by people in her community.

Everyone has their own motivations for doing things. None of us are in any of their heads nor do we know the entire back stories.

This post was edited by epiphyticlvr on Fri, Jul 26, 13 at 12:56

o

I'm reading as I've pointed out lots of supposition & editorial with little understanding of the pathologies involved yet numerous New stories & TV shows have had on professionals who work in these fields.

I hear you, labrea!

o

Off topic.
Some of you should tell your spouses be careful what you download or accept. A Massachusetts man Michael Fiola took several years to convince the courts that his computer could not have visited thousands of child porn websites in a few minutes. He cleaned out his bank accounts & became a pariah as the result of a virus & spammers. He was eventually cleared of all charges when a computer expert finally unwound what was happening. Friends gone family alienated funds cleaned out

In March of this year!

Police in several towns have issued a warning about a computer virus that involves a video on Facebook and the FBI is getting involved in the investigation.

According to Simsbury Police, the video is shared through Facebook and appears to be from a friend, though it is actually child pornography.

Several Farmington High School students have received the video on their Facebook accounts, police said.

Once opened, the video virus automatically attaches to the user's Facebook account and shares the video with all of his or her Facebook friends.

I know that was off topic.
Some playground seem safe but someone with a name like Carlos Danger. Trust & sext with Carlos danger for potential cash & prizes
K your describing mental defectives and possible a form of prostitution.
No?

I'll string the old fool along I might get something out of it even if it's only a couple of laughs!

I don't believe this scenario but I know people like this!

o

I am not taking salacious enjoyment in what's going on with Weiner. I see him not as a figure of titillation or ribald humor as many do, but as a woman abuser--not just his wife,

Pidge, I didn't think you were. But there are some on here who seem to be. It does seems strange that those who are so repulsed by this went to view the pictures and the tweets only to come here to express their disgust. We all knew what they were without viewing them so I don't understand why one would take themselves there knowing they would be disturbed by them.

I don't see him as a abuser in the usual sense or intentionally hurting those around him. In some ways he is indeed narcissistic (aren't most pols?) and self-centered but IMO this seems to go much deeper than that. It seems more like he was unable to control himself and he acted out self-destructively. Yes, in some ways it is selfish and certainly abusive to others close to him but I don't think that was his motivation. Again, this something that goes much deeper than someone who needs their ego fed and who doesn't care about anyone but himself or a man who abuses others for control. But that said it does not excuse him. IMO Huma and his family were secondary.. I am not sure if I am explaining myself properly and don't want to dismiss that he hurt those around him deeply or take away from the fact that he didn't take them into consideration when he continued his behavior or lessen the impact it had on them or give him a pass at all. He is responsible for his own behavior and actions and his ego led him to carry on and seek election without getting more help that he needs.
I also don't know enough about Huma or the story to understand why she is standing by him. I see him as a man who has an uncontrollable problem who needs serious help. I am not a therapist nor do I care about what he does in his personal life but he has chosen to run for public office while denying he has a problem. My concern is as a voter and have to make a decision on who will run my city for at least 4 years and since this is how he has been dealing with pressures (as he has admitted) I don't think right now he is capable of it. IMO he needs to focus on himself and getting himself some help before anything else including inserting himself in things that do concern me, electing someone who will and can run my city properly without their personal problems getting in the way of doing so.

o

Posted by epiphyticlvr 10 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 26, 13 at 14:11

I am not taking salacious enjoyment in what's going on with Weiner. I see him not as a figure of titillation or ribald humor as many do, but as a woman abuser--not just his wife,

Pidge, I didn't think you were. But there are some on here who seem to be. It does seems strange that those who are so repulsed by this went to view the pictures and the tweets only to come here to express their disgust. We all knew what they were without viewing them so I don't understand why one would take themselves there knowing they would be disturbed by them.

I'm one of the "some."

I like to know what I am talking about.

Not everyone does.

I do not know of anyone that has been "disturbed" reading Anthony Weiner's texts, but I was disgusted, as I said.

It's worse than I ever thought, so it's good to know exactly what Weiner was texting if you're going to make a judgment about it.

There are some that say things that are patently untrue and repeat them because they make the arrogant assumption that they are always right, when the facts prove they are wrong.

The most egregious and sometimes, mildly amusing part is repeating it.

That's why I viewed the texts.

Not that there's anything wrong with viewing the texts.

o

Well-said, epi. It's kind of odd to me to look at the pics.

Perhaps I am seeing abuse from my own personal perspective and others see it differently. I'm not looking at the issue through the eyes of the women but through the persepective of a man who sees women merely as objects. A man who spends time lying to and trying to seduce many women--6, 10, he can't even be sure how many because maybe some didn't think he was making inappopriate comments--does seem unconcerned with the rights and dignity of women and to me that signifies abuse of women. There are plenty of women in denial that they are being abused. I do think, however, that there are some women in this little tangle of creepiness who felt that they were using Weiner and wilingly placed themselves in his clutches.

I cannot imagine how this deeply troubled man can think he's capable of running a major city like New York except, as you say, his ego is so monumental that he thinks of himself as some kind of god. You have a tough decision to make but I think this matters to the whole country. New York is too central to national security, health, economics, etc., to leave in the hands of an incompetent man like Weiner.

o

You are doing it again epi..anyone can see that first paragraph was taking a poke at demi's post. Grow up already. Everyone visits websites to gather info. In Weiners case the info is disgusting, but it's there. This is getting so old and tiresome.

o

Mrsk, Demi is not the only one who viewed the pictures. It is a legitimate statement that can apply to anyone who did so. I do not understand why ANYONE would do so period.

Demi gave her explanation and I will take it at face value.

Now stop trying to egg me on. You tried above and I ignored you so STOP trying to create trouble where there is none and telling me what my motivations are.You are wrong just as you were with your false accusation about another poster who is still posting. ENOUGH ALREADY!

This post was edited by epiphyticlvr on Fri, Jul 26, 13 at 14:52

o

I think Weiner is a deeply troubled man who should not be mayor since he obviously cannot control his impulses. If I was a citizen of NYC, I probably would have voted for him thinking he had rehabilitated himself, and it was in the past. Now I would not.

I did not read the texts, but I did view the pictures because I thought they were like the first batch made public which just featured him in his underwear. That's what I thought these were, but they were infinitely worse.

He's toast now, and I'm moving on. I cannot comment on the other candidates but am troubled about the animal reference someone made about the woman candidate. Elaborate? I like Mayor Bloomberg just from reading about him. Apparently citizens aren't so enamored.

o

Weiner's first step (meaningful step) now in rehabilitation would be to bow out of the mayoral race. I doubt his need for attention will let him do that at the moment since he seems to be enjoying it all too much. Reckoning day could be close, though.

Know little about Huma and what, if any, grand aspirations she could have - with or without Anthony.

o

Posted by epiphyticlvr (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 26, 13 at 14:42

Mrsk, Demi is not the only one who viewed the pictures.

Yet another mistruth.

I have in fact not looked at photos and have not said I looked at photos.

Again, the mistruths and assumptions printed as fact.
It happens when one is intent on a purpose and grasping at straws.

It's rather tiring.

o

Know little about Huma and what, if any, grand aspirations she could have - with or without Anthony.

I guess you haven't read the latest on the Mrs.

She is being investigated for her employment status and conflicts of interest.

o

Oh FGS, does ever end? I stand corrected. You only read the "lewd" exchanges. I made a wrong assumption based on what you posted.

It appears from photos released that Weiner sent via text

So now we know he shared photos of the precious

I had to quit.

Aside from wanting to take a shower, I was just shocked that a grown person could be so lewd with a stranger, ]

Tiring indeed. ENOUGH OF THE GOADING!

This post was edited by epiphyticlvr on Fri, Jul 26, 13 at 16:05

o

Posted by epiphyticlvr (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 26, 13 at 16:00

Oh FGS, does ever end? I stand corrected. You only read the "lewd" exchanges. I made a wrong assumption based on what you posted.

It appears from photos released that Weiner sent via text

So now we know he shared photos of the precious

I had to quit.

Aside from wanting to take a shower, I was just shocked that a grown person could be so lewd with a stranger, ]

Tiring indeed. ENOUGH OF THE GOADING!

This post was edited by epiphyticlvr on Fri, Jul 26, 13 at 16:05

I am going to say this once.

I haven't goaded anyone.

If you hadn't made references to me, which were obvious, and/or anyone who read Weiner's disgusting texts or looked at the photos at the texts or photos and instead discussed the subject instead of looking for an opportunity "goad" a poster or posters, there wouldn't be a reason for you to be so indignant to post what you did when you the facts proved you were wrong.

Any more comments like you just made and we'll have the moderator straighten this out.

o

I am done with all this nonsense. This is ridiculous and isn't worth my time or effort. I will miss all those that I have grown to like and respect their opinion. I will go the way many have chosen to do as well. This board is no longer place to trade information or discuss. It has turned into this. Take care.

o

from Demi: "Any more comments like you just made and we'll have the moderator straighten this out."

Is that a threat?

Whether it is or not, the most recent posts are deflections from the topic and more interested in trashing epi than addressing the mess that Weiner is making regarding the mayoralty of New York City.

o

epi..... pay no attention to the man behind the screen..........or veil.

Not worth it......you leave she wins.

o

Chase--there is no winning.

I don't think like that.

I come here to post my opinion.
While my opinion may differ from others, I have no need to and do not denigrate or misrepresent the opinion of others.

When that is done, I will ignore it for awhile, but when untruths about what I have done, or said,or posted are made, you can bet I will correct them.

The most obvious way to avoid that is to discuss the topic and not posters.

Back to Anthony Weiner.

I've been out of pocket more than Weiner has, although I haven't been sexting.

Any more confessions or word on the investigation into Huma's alleged special dispensation at her government job to do private work?

o

from demi: "The most obvious way to avoid that is to discuss the topic and not posters."

This right after telling epi that the moderator needs to be called in to keep a poster in line. Nutso stuff.

o

"A man who spends time lying to and trying to seduce many women--6, 10, he can't even be sure how many because maybe some didn't think he was making inappopriate comments--does seem unconcerned with the rights and dignity of women and to me that signifies abuse of women."

Beautifully said. Girls and women who don't have a clear sense of boundaries make easy targets for predators. Weiner has no respect for women, but he has a lot of experience seeking out vulnerability...women who will mistake being used and abused for being "loved." Weiner cannot be trusted in any job which requires honesty, or supervising women. Can you imagine the nightmare of finding out that lying sleaze ball is your new boss???

o

Chase, I understand what you are saying, and agree but it isn’t a matter or win or lose for me.

Based on the number of threads that are hijacked and the number of people who have problems with the same people it is clear it is not solely mine, although I shouldn’t feed it. If history repeats itself will continue.

If the moderators think this is appropriate for their board and allow it to continue so be it. I will be happy to return when/if it stops and we can go back to adult conversations or at least more adult than many of these threads of late.

I hope it will happen sooner rather than later for everyone’s sake but for the time being I prefer to take a long break and spend my time more productively than this nonsense, I will decide when/if I come back but in the meantime, there is nothing to glean from these threads, For some as we see this is fun and a form of entertainment, for me, not so much..A discussion board should be for discussing real facts and opinions should be based on them as well, not what is made up.

This post was edited by epiphyticlvr on Fri, Jul 26, 13 at 18:36

o

Epi--exactly why I took a 2 month "vacation" away from HT.

I've decided to never post past the 75th post on any thread. After that, the thread gets too long, certain (nameless ) posters start getting antsy and picking fights (we all know who) and getting hypersensitive cuz they think we don't agree with them (we don't!). That's when it is time to just say "good night"--even if it is 2:00 in the afternoon.

At least that is my new plan. I agree--there are several posters that just plain ruin the forum experience--but they are having so much "fun" doing it. It's their own private power trip.

Kate

o

"Chase--there is no winning.

I don't think like that. "

..and I don't believe that...

over and out....

o

Posted by chase z6 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 26, 13 at 18:32

"Chase--there is no winning.

I don't think like that. "

..and I don't believe that...

over and out....

I couldn't care less what you believe, Chase.

I see you enjoy horse beating, still.

Over and out for me.

o

I have no need to and do not denigrate or misrepresent the opinion of others.

This is not true. You accused me of saying something on this board that I did not say. You criticized me for saying it. The funny part is I didn't say it. You did. And you never came back and apologized. So, it's all there in black and white for everyone to see. You may claim you are clean and pure, but you most certainly are not.

o

Nope epi...don't bother. I'm done. It's just plain tiresome with all the pokes and jabs. Nobody of your political persuasion is going to ever call you on it, they enjoy it too much and that makes it ok for you. I think you're down to about four or five conservatives now, keep at it. Of course you know you aren't alone. When the pack gets going, they can get down and dirty and very personal.

Sorry demi, I really thought she might take a good look, and some more as well. Oh well..bu bye!

o

"I agree--there are several posters that just plain ruin the forum experience--but they are having so much "fun" doing it. It's their own private power trip.

Kate"

It does seem that way oftentimes. From libs and cons, new posters and not-so-new. Actually, it's not spoiled for me until I start seeing the hyena mentality kick in. Also this incessant harping when a poster is wrong/in error/misguided or is judged to be wrong/lying, is just plain stupid. If this is a forum for discussion, I don't get why there is this hang-up on instructing. It starts to feel like an interminable, hostile group therapy session.

If one feels that a poster is in denial, that's the poster's problem

o

Will Weiner be able to survive this?

Here is a link that might be useful: New Yorker cover

o

"If one feels that a poster is in denial, that's the poster's problem."

We've seen this drama before. Weiner exposes himself, gets caught, lies, admits he lied, apologizes, promises he'll be good in the future, gets nasty with reporters, can't con enough people to follow him, and eventually slithers back under his rock. The only thing that might be different this time is how his wife's willingness to forgive. If she's as smart as she appears to be, she'll move on.

o

Epi, I hope you will take Kate's advice and take a break, be it a day or a week or as long as you need, I find great value in your ideas and this forum would be lesser should it lose you.

I have taken mini breaks several times myself - and last winter I became so involved with some community work that I didnt log on much at all until after Christmas, and during that time I decided how I wanted to change how I participated within this forum.

One easy change I made was the decision to SOB when needed and right now there are two who arent frequent posters to begin with - I never, ever read their comments, no exceptions.
If their name is the heading of a fresh thread or over a response, I actually do SOB - nothing they ever have to say is of value imo, but they offend me with darn near every response they have ever made or thread they have ever started - so I just took them off my radar.
Poof....just like that. Off my radar.
I will do that with anyone who ever - imo - finally strikes me as contributing only ugly, negative vibes to this forum.

I dont read and then mentally dismiss - I choose not to read in the first place, period. Once you have made up your mind to do this, you would be surprised how VERY easy that is to do.

I AM extremely selective in who I choose to SOB though. A history of a pattern has to have been established where rarely or never is imo something reasonable, without an ugly, offensive undertone, imo, to come from anything they ever have to say.
That is why there are only two and neither are heavy participants at this time.
I decided on this months ago and it has worked out very well for me. I can and do make my own rules on my SOB choices too - such as a thread which ends up in the same squabble as long contentious threads do, often the whole thing ends up an SOB for me, and that is easy and works out very well for me, too. I can privately make my own SOB rules and do whatever I like with them as it's only me who gets to make my rules.
Try it, I suspect you would be very pleased at the difference it makes with you!

We ALL have this option.

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 27, 13 at 17:55

The temptation to post a bumper sticker is getting hard to resist, but no like Disneyland...

o

mylab, I was off this site for probably two years, and now tht I am back I am realizing how easy it is to get caught up the total foolishness this place can become. Thanks for your words of wisdom--I will keep your words in mind as I read and ponder my responses.

o

People can trip on whatever they want... even private power. SOB comes in extremely handy, passing right by those threads or portions of threads that one recognizes as part of the pattern one sees so frequently. It does make sense to take breaks occasionally... and no one could blame anyone for doing just that.

o

Update on Anthony Weiner's Political Prospects from Slate.com
July 26, 2013:

"In the Slate/SurveyMonkey poll, City Council Speaker Christine Quinn beat out former city comptroller Bill Thompson, who Quinnipiac University has as the favored pick in the Democratic primary. Either way, Weiner is a distant third�"and 61 percent of respondents think he should drop out of the race altogether.

Respondents gave two main reasons for why they thought Weiner should exit early: "His lack of moral judgment" and "His lying/untrustworthiness." Despite what we tell ourselves about separating the personal from the political, these voters are nonetheless allergic to being fed a false story of self-reformation. The takeaway: Do not mess with New Yorkers' B.S. detectors"

o

Oh I hope she doesn't start drinking or puking again we will have to be dragged through all this wailing over Quinn's failings.

o

Demi, I believe there are now some things that voters will overlook, but it depends upon so many variables that politicians should never count on getting a pass on bad behavior because somebody else did. We may have incredibly short memories but if a politician goes too far or we havent yet recovered from a recent period of some other foolishness from some one else, that politician might very well feel the wrath of the voter even over some rather small foiable.

I still cant completely let go of the idea that just because a politician might fool around on his wife or play funny games at tax time that this should be ignored. He is supposed to love his wife or at least honor her, and also protect his children from humiliation- if he can't manage to do this even though ( especially since!) he makes his living in the public eye, then how honorable can he realistically be regarding the masses?

Bill Clinton did leave us financially better off than most before in recent history and perhaps better than anyone will for 100 years from now, but he was an embarrassment to the nation, lied under oath while our President and MUST have humiliated his daughter. I wonder what he taught her about what being a man and a husband is supposed to be.

I suspect that as much as I try to fight it, Im still pretty much old school on this issue of willful bad behavior - because they are powerful and because they can, especially so.

Im not sure Wiener falls into this group if this thing is an addiction or something similar in nature- but I do believe he should not have run for anything at all, certainly not until his behavior was unremarkable for a good four or five years. I still dont know exactly what to make of him but I suspect it is very complicated.

o

I was Just remembering the Jon Ensign affair I think we got 9 posting over a Senator who had continuous physical sexula relations with someone else's wife . Someone that he employed someone that his family gave money to (but it wasn't hush money)
You had a future presidential wanna be tipping his buddy off that he was being investigated.

Santorum forwarded to Ensign an email Hampton had written to Fox News to publicize the affair in a last-ditch effort to put an end to it.

Santorum’s move allowed Ensign to acknowledge the affair and issue a public apology before the media could break the story.

I just don't recall this near hysteria from so many MORALIST (I think I could call you that without being insulting)
As matter of fact most of you had nothing to say about it.

Sniff sniff?

o

I have some of the same thoughts you do, mylab.

None of us live a life without fault.

To a degree, what one does in their private life is their business, even if it is not the epitome of ethical behavior when it comes to marital fidelity or borders on accepted behavior, or even criminal behavior.

To me, there's a lot of grey area between Jimmy Carter "lusting in his heart" and outright abuse of a partner.

But we expect certain standards from the people we entrust with certain elected positions and the responsibilities that come with those positions.

In Weiner's case, there is an "ick" factor for lack of a better term, in his texts, in his excuses, in his demeanor, that just disgusts some.

It's perception, but I have to think with the latest poll numbers, it's not just Weiner's private business any longer--it speaks to his arrogance, narciccism, lack of morals in regard to his marriage, and as some others have suggested, a lack of respect and abuse of women to a degree, consensual or not.

Some studies came out this week questioning whether sexual behavior such as this is an addiction at all.

A new study recently released suggests that sexual behavior such as Weiner's, Tiger Woods, and others is perhaps not addictive, based on studies of the brain compared with other addictive behavior such as alcohol and drugs.

Is Sexual Addiction Real or Just an Excuse?

This post was edited by demifloyd on Sun, Jul 28, 13 at 0:19

o

That New Yorker cover is toooo funny. The comedians and journalists are having a field day.

If a candidate or a person in office I like cheats on his spouse, I can overlook it if I still think he/she is the best person for the job they hold. I knew Bill Clinton was a philanderer, and I didn't approve but I didn't stop liking and admiring him as President

Weiner, on the other hand , is a repulsive little snake The acts are bad enough but the lying and the entitlement is what gets me. I think he's smarmy, but since I don't live in NYC, it doesn't matter one iota what I think. I know nothing about the other candidates. I like Bloomberg. .

o

"Weiner, on the other hand , is a repulsive little snake The acts are bad enough but the lying and the entitlement is what gets me."

I agree. One can overlook some personal failings in certain circumstances and believe that the behavior will not affect the person's judgment or ability to do a good job.

I think Weiner is way past that for many voters who now feel played.

"Santorum’s move allowed Ensign to acknowledge the affair and issue a public apology before the media could break the story.

I just don't recall this near hysteria from so many MORALIST (I think I could call you that without being insulting)
As matter of fact most of you had nothing to say about it.

Sniff sniff?"

Why do you sniff sniff? I never kept up with Santorum, he never appealed to me enough to learn much about him, and I don't recall this incident. Even if I had learned of it it's possible I wasn't interested enough to comment.

o

I think that was Labrea's point, demi--that the Ensign-Santorum affair did not get attention from the right wing to the same degree that the Weiner affair has. It may well have missed your notice, which is certainly possible, but the fact remains that it was pretty much brushed off.

o

"I was Just remembering the Jon Ensign affair I think we got 9 posting over a Senator who had continuous physical sexula relations with someone else's wife . Someone that he employed someone that his family gave money to (but it wasn't hush money)"

I'm guessing the reason for so few posts is that we had nothing to disagree about. Do you recall any conservatives defending his behavior?

o

I was going to call Weiner "cocky", but I thought he'd like that description a little too much...lol

o

Why do you sniff sniff? I love the smell of sanctimony in the evening!

o

He's fallen to 4th in the polls a week after being first.

o

Drudgereport is having a field day with their headlines. Right now it says "shrinkage" under a picture of Weiner referring to his drop in the polls.

I don't regularly read Drudge but someone suggested I check out the headline a few days ago - "Weiner sticks it out".

o

There are so many innuendos, the comedy writers are hoping he sticks it out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here