Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stop attacking success

Posted by esh_ga z7 GA (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 26, 12 at 15:46

Oh boy, this is RICH.

Following weeks of questions over Mitt Romney's personal wealth, the presumptive GOP nominee said Thursday that criticism of the nation's wealthy, including his family, would lead to economic demise.

"There are people who are trying to attack success and are trying to attack our success; that's not going to be successful," Romney said in an interview to air Thursday on CNN's "Piers Morgan Tonight." "When you attack success you have less of it, and that's what we've seen in our economy over the last few years."

Really?

First of all, no one is trying to attack SUCCESS. No one is jealous of your success. But there is plenty of criticism of the favorable treatment (especially tax treatment) that you have wrangled from your representatives - from OUR representatives.

"Dividing America based on who has money and who hasn't - who is successful and who is less successful - That is not the American way," Romney said.

And nobody's doing that except you, baby ... by ensuring that you get favorable treatment ... special treatment that is not available to those that don't have so much income that can be treated differently. You see, that's all that matters to people - that you get to play by different RULES.

The man really is out of touch with mainstream Americans. He might as well tell us to eat CAKE.

I am not jealous, and I am not criticizing YOU. But I do criticize the SYSTEM.

Here is a link that might be useful: source

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stop attacking success

I'm happy he's a success I just wish he wasn't so smarmy about hiding the fruits of it hither thither & yon.

o

Hither, thither & yon?

Alright Labrea, out with it. How old exactly are you?

o

It's not that labrea is old ... he just had a very cultured upbringing!

And he's certainly not as old as the La Brea tar pits!

Here is a link that might be useful: tar pits

o

It's not that everyone else wants to take Romney's etc. success from them, it's that everyone else wants the real and reasonable opportunities to create their own success.

Those opportunities have become very narrow indeed, for all those in this country who are willing to work hard and do all the right things one must do to reach financial success.

I think the wealthy must finally let go of the notion that the peasants are trying to cross the moat to take what the successful "royalty" has for themselves.

This is diversionary thinking they indulge themselves with, it doesn't demand the hard work to come up with the necessary changes and reforms that are needed in this country.

The peasants just want the reasonable opportunity to become successful enough to bring some measure of comfort in their life and the lives of their children as the reward for their hard work.

Reasonable opportunity.

Close that particular door? - at their peril.

o

I was 60 yesterday! Sometimes I think I'm channeling an old nun whne I hear myself speak. Or an old lunatic when I try to read what I have just posted!

o

Happy Birthday, labrea! Hope it was grand.

o

You are just a young'un. Keep posting: you bring up things that I would never find.

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 26, 12 at 18:24

Happy BD! ....back when I turned 60 the first thing that came to mind was -
I was just getting used to being in my 50's !!!
;o)

o

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear Labrea
Happy Birthday to youdf

MANY, MANY, MANY MORE!!!!

o

Having a ball & I am a Supreme Success. I like what I see in the mirror, I like what I have in my life that spells success! Not socking away what I can't ever possibly spend all over the world like this wretched pack ass Romney...now that was attacking his neurosis

o

Happy birthday, Labrea. Congragulations on your advanced age. It's a good place to be.

o

Happy 60 years young Labrea. This year must have been even more special. Wishing you many many more happy years.

o

I do not get the attacking success. Is success measured in how much money you have? He is like a piece of cardboard. You can tell he wants to be President so bad he has tried, and tried and he sees his father's dream and his dream slipping away.

How does he expect to win? He is hanging his hat on buying the election that is how. The money might have worked if he was not cardboard man.

He does not have the majority of Hispanic, Women, white collar males, African American. That is a large voting block. He continues playing to the hard right.

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 27, 12 at 0:56

He better watch his wheels don't lock.

o

Another thread on the total disconnect that is Romney...

Yes, it's true... all we really want is a level playing field in which the same rules apply to everyone... as difficult as that is for some to fathom.

o

This seems a key point:

Romney's most potent appeal to white voters unhappy with Obama is his tireless championing of the narrative of American self-reliance: the persistent idea that successful people owe their good fortune not to lucky happenstance, such as the wealth of their parents, but to their own hard work, and their own decency as people. His campaign, if nothing else, pushes back against the notion that American success reflects a system stacked in favor of select groups: industries that benefit from corporate welfare; white kids who benefit from better schools and health care; rich people who can afford to hire accountants to find loopholes in the tax code.

Indeed the anti-Obama.

Here is a link that might be useful: source

o

Don't know how I missed this...well at least the important part.

Happy birthday Joe.

o

Don't know how I missed this...well at least the important part.

Happy birthday Joe.

o

One of my favorite-maybe my favorite now that I really think about it-bits of advice is Romney suggesting that young people borrow money from their parents to start their own business. Here we have a classic Trust-Fundie touted as an example of self reliance. That this illusion flys at all is an example of American exceptionalism(as in exceptionally dimwitted)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here