Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Boy in shower

Posted by lily316 z5PA (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 26, 12 at 16:47

The kid, now grown, has come forth. He was the one that McQuerry saw being raped. He's suing Penn State, and I'd also go after Paterno's family and Dottie Sandusky. As recently as last year old Jer was calling him and leaving messages and inviting him to Penn State games to keep his silence when the grand jury was gathered. .

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Boy in shower

Disgusting.

What in the world was that woman's problem? She can't have loved the man, what kind of woman would support such abuse to children and keep quiet about it. Right in her home, where she could hear screams and pleas for help?

She was equally as guilty of terrible abuse. I guess they can't convict her of something they have no real proof of.

The whole thing is so awful - more and more we are discovering how disposable our children are to a frightening segment of adults. How could all those people - people who would kill someone who attempted to hurt their own child - have been willing to keep their mouths shut? How could that be?

It makes me look people a bit differently.

o

I was just reading the article. I was surprised it was not page 1

One of the phone message Sandusky left victim #2
Jere. Um. I am probably not going to be able to get a hold of anybody. Um. Uh. Probably ought to just go forward. Uh. I would be very firm and express my feelings, uh, upfront. Um. But, uh, you know, there is nothing really to hide so. Um. If you want, give me a call. You can call me on my other cell phone or on this one, either one so. Alright, take care. Love you. Uh. Hope you get this message. Thanks."

Here is a link that might be useful: Victim 2

o

He's such a putrid pile of crap. Dottie was asked by a reporter on the street, and she said she still loves him and he did not do the things they say he did. I say throw her ass in jail.

o

Dotty Denial...

o

If he can still deny he did anything wrong, no surprise that she can too.

Absolutely impossible to understand how all these penn state men covered for him for so many years. Impossible to accept.

More heads ought to roll over there. I don't think they've gotten rid of everyone yet. Or, if they have, these men ought to fry for protecting their pockets by protecting, or I should say, abetting a pedophile.

o

Wondering why he wan't subpoena?
For Mrs. Sandusky Denial is a very powerful defense talking to someone in denial and trying to snap them out of it can be an amazing process. Denial usually has hidden motives that never quite make it into the full conscious mind to be considered.
Like talking to people in a last chance detox who have already been through high end rehabs. Just when you think that you have brought them to a sane conclusion of understanding whats going on they surprise you with some bit of sheer insanity you want to look around and say they can't possibly believe this. Denial rarely stands alone it can toggle very rapidly often with rationalization, justification, globalizing, blaming, small detours into large displays of anger or grief and then back again for another trip down the rabbit hole of denial.
She would have to give up her initial dream of love & companionship as not real never was real the original details of which are bound in memory which is quite fluid. She would have to give up the idea that her reality testing mechanisms for all those years were faulty this could challenge possible hidden guilt (On some level she was starting to know or did know what was possibly going on or who she was really living with)
It would be a cats cradle getting in there. If he was inattentive to her sexually it might uncover her own issues surrounding sex. Who knows just a shot in the dark a supposition as to how it could play out & if it ever does play out could take years to examine. (By her of course with a professional rather than some hack like me on a forum)
Jerry is where he can only hurt himself and she is well for want of a better word finished for life.

o

I don't think they've gotten rid of everyone yet.

Didn't they get rid of McQueary?

o

Labrea, your post explains a lot about denial that I never considered before.

o

Yes, I agree, Joe did show the twisted ball of yarn which Dottie would have to be to shut her eyes/ears.

I still wonder about all those people who kept their mouths shut though - did it all come down to fear to tear down the institution as it stands......and filthy lucre?

Perhaps fear. Fear of retaliation if they thought the police would not do a complete investigation.

o

Mylab...what kind of woman? This kind of woman: $$$$$

Like Penn State, she put the bucks before the innocence of children. Jerry made good dough.

o

But Dottie would have to admit that her whole life was a sham and a fraud. There are plenty of women who do this when their own children are the ones being abused. They dont want to face the consequences of speaking up-when their whole life gets turned upside down. I am hoping that as more and more women have the skills to support themselves and their children that will not happen so much but Dottie didn't have that excuse. Too awful...but even more awful are those men in positions of power who could have put a stop to it immediately at any time. I was reading comments a couple of days ago about the response to the sanctions to the school and could not believe how many people thought them unfair. I wonder how many of the football players knew?

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 28, 12 at 14:03

So, then, yes: plenty of people think other things are more important than abuse of children. Including one's own social and financial position. Maybe the Penn State football chant should be

We're number one!

Look out for number one!

o

Denial... another inherent piece of the human race that seems to grow stronger... deny, deny, deny until you believe the lie, yourself.

That is what I would call an accomplice. She knowingly allowed this to go on without reporting it to anyone. She is complicit, regardless of the continued denial.

On any number of daytime shows, you can watch people caught red handed by not one, but 3 tries at a polygraph test, stand on stage and still outright deny that they're lying. People go so far as to drug themselves, try all the little tricks posted all over the internet, or even actually try to bribe the professional giving the polygraph tests. If it weren't so sad, it would be hilarious.

Whatever happened to just stating the truth and letting the chips fall where they may? We're human... and we make mistakes in life. Sometimes, the mistakes we make can be worked out... and sometimes, they simply can't. But even so, what happened to telling the truth? Where are the morals people claim to have?

I don't get it, myself...

o

It's been common knowledge for years around here that Sandusky was a pedophile ,and I live two hours from State College. One of the heroes in this is Sara Ganin, a 25 year old Penn State grad who works for our paper and got a Pulitzer Prize for exposing many of the details. She's now a correspondent for CNN. Not bad for a 25 year old. Kudos to her.

And jeers to the Paterno family and all the supporters who thought he got railroaded. Football rules at Penn State and thru out the state.

The person I bought my house from was a FB friend of Dottie, so I went there before she took it down. . Dottie and Jerry were regular church goers and pillars of the community. Who would believe a scared nine year old boy? I hope she gets sued big time because he still has his pension plus he made millions over the years. I also hope the town ostracizes her for the rest of her miserable life.

o

You do see it more in women that will be in denial. Women Equality even to this day is still lagging. Women do it to themselves their daughters so it just will not die.

There is no way Dottie did not know what was going on in her house. She knew he was not in the bed with her. Where did she think he was all night.

She even covered for him. When she testified that she ran in the hotel room when one of the kids was screaming. I am convenient she ran in because she could hear the screaming in the hall and she thought her DH was going to get caught. They were not in the privacy of her home. She said the kid did not want to go to the dinner that was why he was screaming. Give me a break.

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 29, 12 at 1:36

Maybe she was enabling him from the start, knew he was a pedophile before they got married. Wouldn't be the first time such a thing has happened.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here