Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
that special relationship

Posted by inkognito (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 25, 12 at 18:06

As a study in facial expressions what make you of 'The Special Relationship"?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: that special relationship

I don't know what the question means as regards "special relationship", but it looks like the president is checking out the dandruff on the other guy's jacket. The woman in blue looks like Mrs. Obama's security detail, and the guy getting air kissed looks preoccupied. Hard to tell what the soldier facing forward is looking at.

o

Thought Cameron and Obama got along well - don't know from Mrs. Cameron. I'm sure the endless round of "niceties" get a bit boring.

The Telegraph has some interesting stuff.

Here is a link that might be useful: Oh, well.

o

Looks like he's trying to whisper sweet nothings in her ear (note the sideways lips) without Barack noticing.

Barack seems to be noticing Michelle's hand getting lower and lower down David's back...he's not sure he likes that.

And Samantha is blissfully unaware of the exchange between David and Michelle.

Tea, anyone?

o

• Posted by momj47 7A..was 6B (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 25, 12 at 20:45

What a fool Romney, the WASP, is.

o

Okay, I'll bite. Where's Mitt in this picture? Or are you just emoting?

o

elvis there is a link.

o

Michelle is probably whispering how well endowed her man is which the PM knows he can't match and is dismayed, and the PM's wife can't believe what she overheard...

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 26, 12 at 7:18

From duluth's link:

While the Republican candidate (Romney) now emphasises his admiration of Britain, he has previously held it up as a post-imperial warning to those who would allow the US to decline. "England is just a small island," he wrote in his memoir 'No Apology'. "Its roads and houses are small. With few exceptions, it doesn't make things that people want to buy".

o

What stupid things to write in the memoir of a politician. Must have been ghost-written by a disgruntled employee.

o

She looks like she need to find a loo in a hurry

o

I agree...it looks like she's doing the peepee dance.

o

Romney's excellent foreign adventure - I can't wait to see the results of these "carefully orchestrated" photo ops - Romney on the world stage; establishing himself in a leadership position. (Sarcasm)

From what I read, Poland tends to prefer our Republicans - Obama's not as popular there as he is in the rest of Europe. An attempt at garnering the votes of all us of Polish descent in swing states across the Midwest?

Wonder why Afghanistan wasn't on the itinerary.

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 26, 12 at 12:50

That's right, they're aren't any grand boulevards or big buildings in Britain, formerly the world's largest colonial empire. Just a bunch of dirt roads and shacks.

o

Here's exactly what Romney wrote:

England [sic] is just a small island. Its roads and houses are small. With few exceptions, it doesn't make things that people in the rest of the world want to buy. And if it hadn't been separated from the continent by water, it almost certainly would have been lost to Hitler's ambitions.

o

Out of the mouth of "the MItt".

Wonder what the GOP diehards would be saying if they heard this quote?

Wonder what the right wing of the GOP would say.

And this is supposedly the "best that the GOP has to offer"

o

Posted by jerzeegirl 9 (My Page) on Thu, Jul 26, 12 at 20:56

"Here's exactly what Romney wrote:
England [sic] is just a small island. Its roads and houses are small. With few exceptions, it doesn't make things that people in the rest of the world want to buy. And if it hadn't been separated from the continent by water, it almost certainly would have been lost to Hitler's ambitions."

All true. And?

o

He's got two more countries to backpedal through in the next few days. Batting zero so far.

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 27, 12 at 10:01

All true. And?

(stealing the below from jz) :)

Do you guys really have such bad comprehension skills?

o

"He's got two more countries to backpedal through in the next few days. Batting zero so far.

Odds are he will be still batting zero when he is through as well. he can't make these trips. meet with anyone and stay on message. He can't function and keep his mouth closed without a formal script to read from.

The real question will be at the GOP convention. What will they do after this fiasco with "their anointed one". Will he get that nomination or will Mitt be forced out of the picture?

It may end up being a very, very, very interesting GOP Convention.

o

Ron Paul is getting very excited.

o

I'll bet he is, Lily, there are sure to be surprises at the convention.

o

Is Mitt related in any way to the Palin family, I wonder?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here