Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Iraqi Constitution

Posted by dockside (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 7, 12 at 18:15

This constitution will be voted on today. Note that Article 31 guarantees the right to health care to all Iraqi citizens.

Not only are we the only industrializes nation without universal health care, we now suffer the indignity of being less than the nation of Iraq in that regard. And, I'm willing to bet that there were a few Republicans who helped or advised in writing this constitution. Of course, Iraq hasn't had to deal with lobbyists for "health care" corporations, so it was easier for them to include everyone in their constitution.

Here is a link that might be useful: Read it and weep joy for the Iraqis Too bad about the U.S.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Iraqi Constitution

I see my Iraqi friend every Saturday. I'll ask her what she and the rest of her family still in Iraq think. Truthfully, it doesn't really matter whether Americans like it or not.

o

So what did you Iraqi friend and family say??

o

Even better , US taxpayer dollars will pay for that universal healthcare.....better healthcare than US citizens enjoy. When will the "people" wake up and be less concerned with the welfare queens and the dreaded illegals and more concerned with where the really big dollars go?

o

They can't get it through that fat collective head that Us exceptionalism means substandard medicine, Privatized inefficienct insurance companies.
Dazzle them with facts & stats they give you ideological BS about personal responsibility which is faux polite go eff yourself loser. We rank far below other countries in many important factors & then try to bluster about death panels

o

dockside, are you really going to compare the two countries? You want the rest of their constitution over ours, too? Acknowledging God's right over us....

o

One thing you can be sure of Bill they will have the right to bear arms.

o

I'm not saying, bill, that we should adopt provisions in their constitution. But, I am comparing a third world country's attitude toward health care with our own. Our "attitude" is nothing to brag about, that's for sure and we should be ashamed that a country like Iraq feels that the health of its citizens is important enough to enshrine in its constitution whereas here, many think that it's a personal responsibility thing, no matter whether one can afford it or not.

o

I agree that the healthcare system needs an overhaul, but I sincerely believe that what we're doing right now will only make things worse.

o

I won't see her again until next Saturday, Marshallz. If I knew her number, I'd call her right now.

o

A. No law that contradicts the established provisions of Islam may be established
I didn't have to look any further than that. The Iraqi president was hand-picked by Muktada al Sadyr, the baby-faced aspirant to be Ayatolla. Are you aware that abortion and contraception are prohibited under sharia law.
You're not seriously comparing this to the US Constitution?

o

Of course not it's a nation filled with religious extremists who want to establish their way. Most of the Christians have fled or been terrorized by the majorities religious extremist elements who cannot tolerate any manner of diversity. If it remains a single nation for 10 years it will amaze me.

o

I don't think anyone is comparing the two Constitutions. The comparison is simply the two countries perspectives with regards to universal health care for it's citizens.

The irony is the millions and millions of dollars the US gives Iraq which in turn allows the Iraqis to do what the US says it can't afford to do for it's own citizens. Iraq has a 50 billion dollar budget surplus due to oil exports yet the States is planning on sending them 200+ million in aid next year.....go figure.

o

Yes that's what I understood the post to be about also 3000 dead at WTC spend a trillion or 2 invading Iraq and killing 10 times as many.
Thousands dead or suffering from lack of health care & you get the ideology of self sufficiency.
Rather Moronic on that level!

o

We're a generous country. Stupid, but generous.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here