Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are the Copy Creeps on the way

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 23, 12 at 19:40

An arsenal of guns seized from Biddeford man who saw Batman movie with loaded weapon.
"Timothy Courtois, 49, was arrested in York about 10 a.m. Sunday after state police Trooper Phillip Alexander clocked Courtois Ford Mustang traveling at 112 mph on the Maine Turnpike. Other motorists had called police to report the vehicle was speeding southbound on the turnpike with its hazard lights flashing.
Inside the car, police found an AK-47 assault rifle, four handguns and several boxes of ammunition, McCausland said Monday afternoon."

No Comment just information go at it folks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Downhill Racer

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are the Copy Creeps on the way

from the article:

Courtois told police he had attended the Batman movie at the Cinemagic Theater in Saco on Saturday night with a loaded gun in his backpack and that he was on his way Sunday to Derry, N.H., where he planned to shoot a former employer, McCausland said....A search of Courtois� home at 344 Elm St. in Biddeford after his arrest uncovered more guns, including a machine gun, rifles, handguns and thousands of rounds of ammunition.

And they set bail at $50,000-WTH?

o

When I read that I thought it was something from the Onion!

o

That's okay-- this nimrod VOLUNTEERED (without being asked) the information that he was headed to new Hampshire to shoot his ex-employer. As for the machie gun, the article was inaccurate. I just watched a state trooper list the weapons they found, and there was no mention of a fully automatic weapon.

o
post script

He'd also started outfitting his mustang as a police cruiser.

Now, think about i:

>Speeding at over 100 mph.
>hazard lights on.
>Car full of loaded guns, for which he does NOT have a permit (you can NOT have a loaded weapon in a vehicle in Maine unless you have a CCP)
>Tells the cops with no prompting that he's about to commit a federal murder

This guy would've wet his pants of he were to shoot. (considering the circumstances, that's not a bad thing)

o

It seems that any time a bizarre story is highlighted and hyped through media, copycats come creeping out of the woodwork. I couldn't say what prompts it. Maybe that little bit of publicity is all it takes to push them into doing something dumb... who knows?

o

Just a small cry for help...kind of expensive one though.

o

Pretty much. I think Jodi might be more on cue-- a small cray for attention. He got it.

o

Ugh. We almost went to Saco to see Dark Knight Rises Saturday night. Now we're just going to sit tight and wait for the illegal bootlegged streaming version online. ;-)

o

We haven't gone to a theater since the kids were little and things weren't quite so expensive... we wait. I do want to see the movie... there are lots I'd like to see... but not at theater pricing.

o

I saved it in my Netflix queue. I'll watch it when it releases. I make better popcorn than the theater!

o

Not me. There is no way I could ever watch that movie now. I just couldn't.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here