Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hey lady

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 20, 13 at 19:59

In 2003, CIA agents kidnapped an Egyptian citizen from a street in Milan where he was living! Italy had granted him asylum from persecution by the Mubarak regime. The CIA then rendered their kidnapped victim back to Egypt where he was interrogated and tortured. Italian authorities criminally charged the CIA agents with kidnapping, and after the US refused to turn them over for trial, they were convicted in abstentia. One of them, Milan CIA station chief Robert Lady, was sentenced to several years in prison.

Lady was in Panama and when the Italians learned of this, they requested his extradition to Italy. (Panama has no extradition treaty with Italy)
The US government intervened and applied significant pressure to Panamanian officials, who, yesterday, predictably released Lady and put him on a plane back to the US.

P U stinks to high heavens!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hey lady

The US government intervened and applied significant pressure to Panamanian officials, who, yesterday, predictably released Lady and put him on a plane back to the US.

When I read the articles yesterday on the Interpol arrest, no extradition treaty, and close proximity to the U.S.controlled Canal Zone, I thought no way is R.S. Lady being delivered to Italian justice.

Poor guy, he's complaining that he had to leave Italy in a hurry and left property that he planned to live on in his retirement.

Criminal law is for other people, not the CIA.

o

So maybe he should be on a daytime t.v. program with Amanda Knox?

o

I wonder should Italy send in a swarm of helicopters!

o

"Criminal law is for other people, not the CIA."

And therein lies the problem. Why should any of our agencies be above the law? Why should there be a different standard for the FBI, CIA, NSA, for politicians, for those who hold sway of a different kind?

Where does this entitlement come from, and how is it in any way just?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here