Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GOP governor to Romney: release your taxes

Posted by Roughseas none (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 14, 12 at 21:40

I believe Romney has an obligation to release his taxes for the last ten years - his father believed there was an obligation too

I would never vote for any candidate who released less than 10 years of taxes.
IMO, if you want your financial privacy DON'T run for president!

http://news.yahoo.com/gop-governor-calls-mitt-romney-release-additional-tax-223443345--abc-news-politics.html

(oh, & nice to 'see' you all)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GOP governor to Romney: release your taxes

Welcome back.

Here is a link that might be useful: link to Yahoo story

o

Here' my e-mail on the subject:

Romney needs to fully release his tax returns and stop hiding the truth of how he makes his money, and where he stashes it. So far, he's only released one year of complete tax returns. The one return he did release revealed massive offshore investments in the Cayman Islands, a Swiss bank account, and huge deductions for things like his ballet horse--loopholes only the super-rich can use to avoid paying their fair share. Romney is refusing to show Americans who he really is.

I signed a petition urging Mitt Romney to release his tax returns back to 1999. Can you join me at the link below?

Here is a link that might be useful: Petition

o

Is this the same as a sales pitch?

I'm thinking this could set a bad precedent.

o

Full disclosure and honesty before the American people iare precedents that were set years ago by Presidential candidates including Willard's father.

o

heri, I'm referring to this.

Posted by alexr (My Page) on Sat, Jul 14, 12 at 23:58

"I signed a petition urging Mitt Romney to release his tax returns back to 1999. Can you join me at the link below?"

Do you really think it's a good idea for posts to start to appear on HT soliciting signatures on petitions? That could be a mess, don't you think? Or you like the idea?

o

Do you really think it's a good idea for posts to start to appear on HT soliciting signatures on petitions?

It's been happening for years.

If you don't want to sign, don't click on the link.

o

Well you can always ask Hot topics to pull it & see if they think it's inappropriate?
I just find it a forum version of PAPERS PLEASE & was happy to sign it.

o

Ha! just yesterday I wondered where's Roughseas, while looking at the Eclipse. If it wasn't for her owner...what a Beauty she is! And even better, Alex sails back into HT, too. Howdy Alex!

Back on topic.

Either Romney releases them himself or somebody else will. My money is on Assange.

o

Or on of Ron Paul's folk!

o

If Romney fails to win, this will be one of the major reasons why.

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 15, 12 at 7:39

Well apparently he will only release one more, and only after his accountant is finished "fixin it up".

Really people isn't it patriotic for the leader of the free world to offshore his wealth and avoid taxes?

It is the American way ... now lets go get those minimum wage folks, I know they got some change in their pockets.

o

thank for doing the link Duluth
& thanks all for the welcome.

it seems to me some candidates think they are running for king, not president of our republic.

o

Or they think "they are king" and can get away with anything they want and don't have to account to anyone for anything.

Me thinks Romney gonna get a "rude awakening" come election day, finding himself in exactly the same shoes he was wearing when he lost to Ted Kennedy.

o

Hey, they're 'Job Creators' and not only shouldn't have to mess with this kind of openness, they shouldn't pay any taxes on their dividends or capital gains.

/class warfare? where?

o

Having just listened to Ed Gilespie, one of Romney's chief advisors, I am convinced that Romney and his team have decided that releasing the tax returns would be the complete undoing of Romney. Instead they have decide to "ride it out" in the hopes it will blow over.

I hope they keep his feet to the fire...or some one with knowledge spills the beans.

o

I don't think Romney's handlers are the brightest bulbs his money could've bought.

o

Sun, Jul 15, 12 at 9:39

Didn't I read recently that throughout his political career Romney has refused to release his tax info?

o

Full disclosure and honesty before the American people...

Blind faith isn't just a religious term!

o

I'm betting that McCain dropped Romney from his list of VP candidates after vetting his tax returns.

o

Yeah, didn't they say that Romney showed his tax returns to the McCain campaign? There are sources that say he gave 23 years worth - that seems ridiculous, but it makes me wonder.

o

I'm betting that McCain dropped Romney from his list of VP candidates after vetting his tax returns.

McCain knows the man well. He did not put him on his ticket after vetting him. If he thought Palin was better than Mitt for second in line you know there was a problem.

It has stayed with him to this day that he has not gotten over how unlikely he will win.

Check this out

Here is a link that might be useful: McCain

o

interesting point about McCain dropping Romney after seeing his taxes..

does anyone else see a used car salesman when romney speaks?

o

marquest: That's really sad (lol).

o

Roughseas, welcome back. Yes, my first impression of Mitt was of a sleezy used car salesman, and/or an empty suit. He has no charisma at all, no originality.

Let's hope this does not blow over. Where there's smoke, there's fire. Given enough of his dissimulation and deception he will hopefully shoot himself in the foot.

o

This reminds me of Herman Cain's fiasco. By the time he got around to addressing it properly, it was too late. His goose was cooked.

o

Oh I think I described him more as a used wok salesman as he obviously was all for abandoning DETROIT. That expert economic savy of his said the car industry was finished.
I couldn't sleep at night I swear I wouldn't be able to close an eye if I weren't certain about his taxes.

o

Very telling that he released them to McCain and YET he chose Palin. Must be scary stuff in them. Why if they were released once, can't they be subpenaed or something?

If I were Obama, I'd pound this.

o

"used wok salesman", got to remember that one. He's as shady and untrustworthy as they come.

So, based on assumptions, which is all we have on this tax return stuff with Romney.

We assume the following

1. there are dozens upon dozens of serious issues with Romney's tax returns and that is why he is not releasing them.

2. he get's cornered into, for lack of a better words to use, he is forced to release at least the last 10 years of returns and it show what he is trying to hide.

We all know that GOP rank and file is not "in love" with Mitt Romney, even though he is the presumptive nominee and would have been much happier with someone else as their candidate to win the Nov. election.

So the question is this.

What happens if those tax returns get released before the GOP convention, and it could spell disaster for the GOP, could, would those delegates that are supposed to go to Romney to give him the nomination, back out at the last minute, and vote for someone else for the ticket?
Are their provisions for something like that?

What if, based on those disasters of tax returns, Romney decided to pull out of the running, which I doubt Romney would ever do on his own, would that give the nomination to Santorum, his closest rival in the end?

I don't know the answers to the questions and am basing them on assumptions because I don't know what is in those tax returns that Romney refuses to release, but there is no reason not except for

1. they would be disastrous for Romney an destroy his chances of even getting the nomination, let alone win the election.

2. Romney thinks he is some kind of god like person that can do as he pleases and isn't going to release the tax returns because he doesn't want to and that is the end of it. nothing to hide, just I"m not going to do it brain function.

Personally, either way, I think it has "put a fork" in his run for the White House.

Even if there is nothing in those tax returns that would be an issue, the perception of the public that he has something to hide, will always be with him now, stuck on him with super glue, and the fact that his attitude was no way, no matter how dumb it made him look, how ridiculous it is/was to not release them, shows poor judgment, to say the least.

All this had done is harm Romney and his candidacy more and more and will help to do him in come election day.

o

Does the Mormon church also want to see Romney's tax returns? I'm asking because I heard the church takes a cut of members' income, so he could be keeping his actual worth veiled from them as well.

I think he should release his records.

o

althea: You bring up a very good point. Maybe that's why he's hiding his tax returns!

o

althea, I had not heard that one. That is interesting. If that is the reason he is "Scummy Man".

I had read that it is possible he had arranged his investments that he had not paid any taxes for those 10 years and thinks that would be worse than people just imagining what could be wrong.

o

All the more reason Obama needs to hammer at the tax thing. Ignore them and keep on with the ads.

o

I'm thinking I might have been polite merely calling him a tax-dodger.

o

Mon, Jul 16, 12 at 6:15

Too early for me to remember where, but I read somewhere that the Mormons did very well from Bain because Romney "tithed" stock in the company to the church as well as the millions he has given to his church, 10% of mult-millions probly' gets him a front row seat :)

Don't slap me around, too early and even God allowed us a sense of humor :)

o

No slap, but maybe a kiss...

o

Ohiomom, is this what you are trying to recall?

"Bain Capital under Romney was part of this commercial web:

Mitt Romney and others at Bain Capital, the private equity firm he co-founded in 1984, gave the Mormon Church millions� worth of stock holdings obtained through Bain deals, according to Reuters. Between 1997 and 2009, these included $2 million in Burger King (BKW) and $1 million in Domino�s Pizza (DPZ) shares. Under U.S. law, churches can legally turn around and sell donated stock without paying capital-gains taxes, a clear advantage for both donor and receiver."

Here is a link that might be useful: daily beast

o

Romney must release his tax returns from 2000 to 2010.

If he doesn't, he will lack credibility on economic and tax issues since we will not know how he made his millions, where he invested it, and what tax rates he paid.

This will not go away, so Romney should just come clean as soon as possible.
This kind of disclosure should be the law for any presidential candidate.

o

I couldn't resist posting this!

The New Yorker
Online Only

The Borowitz Report
July 20, 2012
Romney Claims Dog Ate Tax Returns and Ran Bain Capital for Three Years

N. H. (The Borowitz Report)�In a new effort to settle nagging questions about his finances, Republican Presidential pick Mitt Romney today told reporters that his dog ate his tax returns and also served as C.E.O. of Bain Capital from 1999 to 2002.

Mr. Romney�s narrative about the Irish setter Seamus Romney, shared with reporters during a campaign stop in New Hampshire, was perhaps the most emotional invocation of a pet by a politician since Richard M. Nixon�s famed Checkers speech of 1952.

Read more at link....

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

Speculation now abounds that he took avantage of the huge Swiss Bank account Amnesty.

o

That's what I read too, david.

Here is another article that was very interesting comparing Mitt to his old man who did release 12 years of his taxes (to a friendly journalist). It was actually kind of groundbreaking for him to do so.

Here is a link that might be useful: Not His Father's Son

o

Is Romney really this stupid? Is this what the GOP is going to nominate for their Presidential candidate?

It really does boggle the mind, doesn't it?

He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, a millionaire who knows how many times over.

He thinks he's better than everyone else and he gets to select which rules he is and isn't going to follow.

He thinks he is above everyone else and doesn't have to do anything he doesn't want to do.

He isn't going to release his 2011 tax returns until after the convention.

He is defiant about not releasing his tax returns, even when top people in his own party are telling him to do so.

Yup, he really is this stupid. He has yet to realize, or maybe he just doesn't give a hoot, that the longer he refuses to release the tax returns, the more suspicion falls on him that he is hiding some horrendous information that would do any an all of the following if it where found out.

1. turn the entire GOP against him.

2. he would be denied the nomination at the convention

3. the public, the people, the voter would turn against him and the Nov. election would be an even bigger landslide against him than the Nixon/McGovern election was.

And this is what, at the moment, the GOP overall support and this is going to be their candidate and there are people that will vote for "this character" for no other reason than he isn't Obama.
Gosh we have some of those right here on HT.

It does get more and more pathetic as each day goes by, yet at the same time, it becomes more and more enjoyable to the majority of us in MA now, as we finally get to watch, what appears to be, the slow, steady destruction of Mitt Romney as he attempts to reach his newest goal, the White House.

o

How is it that you are all "more concerned with what Romney did with his money than what the government does with yours?"

Suspicion, Littleone? Sounds to me like he's already been tried, convicted and crucified!

o

Nope, not suspicion Houseful, it's called experience, experience living under the, so called, governorship of Mitt Romney in MA.

You got it loud and clear, "tried, convicted and crucified" in MA, and we want to spread the word across the country,

Instead of this attitude of "anyone the GOP puts up is better than Obama", you actually did some research into Romney, actually looked into how poorly he preformed as Governor of MA, his claims of all he has done, his "Epiphanies" that he claims to have had, you might actually learn something, that Romney is no better than the old "carnival barker", snake oil and a danger to the country.

Oh, yeah, what Romney did with "his money" is a serious concern for one simple reason. All he wants to do is make sure that he, himself has all that money, and more, and will do nothing that would risk his financial wealth, even if it is at the expense of the majority of the people in this country.

Someone that doesn't care about anyone but the top 1% or should I say 1/2% is not someone that should be the leader of this country.

Someone that thinks he's well above the majority in this country is not someone that should be the leader of this country.

Someone that has so little regard for the welfare of the majority of the people in this country is not someone that should be the leader of this country.

Someone that is nothing buy a flip flop, supporter of whatever is good for Mitt and Mitt only, is not someone that should be the leader of this country.

It goes on and on, and those of us that have lived under his "rule" as governor know what the consequences are and they are not good.

His money management during his tenure as governor didn't show well either.

He's as "phony as a $2 bill",

Anyone that believes what he says, is a fool to do so. He changes what he says at a moments notice, as soon as he finds out it won't help him get where he wants to go, well he changes that belief.

You better believe he's been "tried, convicted and crucified" courtesy of the residents of MA that he loves to make fun of, ridicule and make a fool of himself doing so.

o

There is no reason for him (Romney) to do anything. He is just letting Obama make his demands and stomp his little foot and make that mad face he does that he thinks makes him look tough LOL and setting back waiting for it all to play itself out.

It's like the older smarter kid teasing the little one. Little kid thinks he has something in his hand and asks to see it. Big kid refuses to open his hand. Little kid gets more and more frustrated. Throws a fit over it. Finally big kid opens his hand. Nothing there. Never was.

Romney paid his taxes. If there was something amiss it is the IRS who would out it. It's none of Obama's business really. I guess the extreme left want another wimp for a prez who caves into every demand. He can release his taxes when and if he wants to. Ditto for Obama and his college records. No law compels either to do so.

Obama is just using one diversionary tactic after another. He simply doesn't want to run on his own record.

Romney is doing just fine sitting back and letting Obama whine about him. Obama whines about everyone. It's nothing new to thinking people who have watched how he operates. It was Bush for 3 years. Now it's his opponent. It's all he knows how to do. No experience. He voted "present" most of the time. Remember? That is his experience. Voting present in the senate and blaming Bush and the Republicans for anything and everything.

It's not working. They are neck and neck in the polls.

Doesn't say much for peoples trust in Obama since there is so little outrage at all the "evil doings" of Romney being put out by the left and the Obama campaign.

What people don't seem to get there is this forum is not representative of the real world. It has become a platform for a few who because they yell loudest and bully anyone who differs with them actually start believing they are "the voice" of the people. Pure delusion.

Real America doesn't really care about Romney's taxes. they already know he is extremely rich. They also know the Obama's are wealthy. They are more worried about what taxes they will be paying and whether they will even have a job down the road. Obama doesn't want to go there. So he will blame and attack in the hope that nobody will notice what he has done for America. Or rather hasn't done. It's the economy. All the diversionary tactics in the world won't change that.

Romney is doing fine considering the fire he's under. The left is getting more frustrated by the day. It's working.

o

Romney paid his taxes. If there was something amiss it is the IRS who would out it. It's none of Obama's business really. I guess the extreme left want another wimp for a prez who caves into every demand. He can release his taxes when and if he wants to. Ditto for Obama and his college records. No law compels either to do so.

GE paid no taxes so how do you know that Romney paid any taxes say, in 2008?
No one has said there is anything "amiss." but assuming there isn't why fight to keep them secret while running fot the highest office?
What's to hide?
Obama is not a wimp. Give up on that BS.
Romney, he was a wimp. That's why he evaded the Draft.

Obama has done what he could to bring the country back from the worst economic collapse in a generation.
There are many issues in the election including the economy, but people know all to well how we got here and when we lost it. It was during that awesome time....remember?

o

Bwahahahaha, I love it....Release more tax returns Mitt, or all these liberals aren't going to vote for you!!

From the National Journal

"Since the 1976 election, presidential candidates have released at least one year of tax returns. After winning that election, Jimmy Carter then set the precedent for all sitting presidents and vice presidents to release their returns each year. Since 1984, the standard for challengers to an incumbent president has been to disclose at least two years of returns, if not significantly more."

o

"the standard for challengers to an incumbent president has been to disclose AT LEAST two years of returns, IF NOT SIGNIFICANTLY MORE"

Good to see you think that Romney should meet the standards set for incumbents.

It's the Independents he needs to worry about...plus the religious right who still haven't sipped the kool-aid.

o

Posted by houseful (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 21, 12 at 1:32

How is it that you are all "more concerned with what Romney did with his money than what the government does with yours?"

I think it's because for a lot, it is NOT their money, as those people pay absolutely NO FEDERAL INCOME TAX.

They don't care about other people carrying their load.

Plus, they apparently have a lot of time on their hands to think about other people's money.

I agree with Wildchild, I don't think many people other than Obama supporters care unless it's proven Romney wilfully filed fraudulent tax returns. That's highly unlikely.

The liberals for the most part had no problems with Timothy Geithner when did not pay taxes although he was instructed to do so and receiving multiple notices, and signed an agreement that he was aware of the obligation. Timothy Geithner was Obama's choice to serve as Secretary of the Treasury.

How ironic.

When he did file amended returns, he was excused as making a mistake. I'm sure you'd all be willing to offer the same fairness to Mitt Romney if he had done something like that.

I'm so sure!

Most people care if they're going to be able to make their house note, if they can buy groceries and hope to send their children to school.

People that have worked and saved a lifetime are wondering if they're going to be taxed so much that they won't have enough money to live on. They're worried about health care availability, spiraling costs of health care, and rationing of health care procedures as they age.

These people aren't worried about playing gotcha with Romney and his taxes.

They want someone that can make things better.

It's quite apparent that Barack Obama has not alleviated these fears and in fact, for these people, they have intensified.

But what did you expect from an angry community organizer with no experience in much of anything, shouting catchy phrases like hope and change and always blaming someone else for his failures?

o

Speculation now abounds that he took avantage of the huge Swiss Bank account Amnesty.

Wasn't there also something about fraudulent mortgage schemes?

o

Romney paid his taxes. If there was something amiss it is the IRS who would out it. It's none of Obama's business really. I guess the extreme left want another wimp for a prez who caves into every demand.

We don't know that. There is speculation that he took advantage of the "amnesty" that was given to people who were hiding their money in Swiss accounts.

It's so ironic how maniacal the right has been on Obama releasing his college transcripts which is data that no one needs to Romney releasing his tax returns which are highly important to understanding someone's philosophy of investing and making money. This information speaks to the heart of the president's job.

o

"Romney releasing his tax returns which are highly important to understanding someone's philosophy of investing and making money. "

That JZ is the crux of the matter. Who cares how rich Romney is, everyone knows he's rich! I doubt he did anything illegal, as a matter of fact I'm sure he didn't. John McCain said that there is nothing in their that would "disqualify" him from the Presidency but he refused to say more.

So if it's not his wealth he is hiding and it's not to conceal any wrong doing then why not do what almost every other candidate, including his father, has done?

I believe it's becasue it will make it clear what his philosophy is in terms of paying taxes, investments and business practices and he does not want the voting public to have that information because it likely contradicts what he "says"

o

Chase, you're right about the independents.

Two small, but telling examples.

After Obama's "You didn't build that" speech, one FB comment read, "I was going to risk wasting my vote for Ron Paul, but not only will I vote for Romney, I am heading to his site to make a donation."

Then this one:

Despite appearing in a controversial ad for the pro-Obama Super PAC Priorities USA, denouncing Romney's role in the GS Technologies plant closing, Box, a lifelong Democrat, says he won�t be voting for the first time since 1971 because he has lost faith in politicians.
"I could really care less about Obama," says Box. "I think Obama is a jerk, a *******, a lightweight, a *********. He hasn't done a ******** thing that he said he would do. When he had a Democratic Senate and Democratic Congress, he didn't do a **** thing. He doesn't have the guts to say what�s on his mind."

HT wouldn't let me post using his real verbage!

Here is a link that might be useful: In These Times

o

Houseful, this may be slightly more indicative of the perspective of Independents and in fact most Americans.

"45% of independents said they thought the tax forms could show either that Romney was unfit to be president (9%) or reveal information harmful to the campaign (36%)"

Here is a link that might be useful: Most Americans think Romney should release more tax data

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 21, 12 at 9:58

Mitt Romney 2012
Too Bad to be False

o

So, Romney is unfit and so it Obama. Now what?

o

Houseful,

I offered the opinion that this issue would be important to the independent voter. You offered two statements to dispute that. In turn I provided some recent poll data showing this issue is indeed important to a significant number of independent voters.

Your last response makes no sense in the context of the discussion and is an example of what ingrid was referring to on Demi's thread. That's what is so frustrating here.

o

I lived through the Nixon presidency (a good deal of it in another country) and so I understand what the lack of transparency can do and how evil and disruptive it is. A secretive president is simply not what this country needs.

o

He knew it was coming he knew it was coming he knew it was coming time after time requested by Democrat or Republican alike election after election & he still keeps getting and effing pass!
A nation of dimwits those who accept this crap!

o

Posted by jerzeegirl 9 (My Page) on Sat, Jul 21, 12 at 10:45

I understand what the lack of transparency can do and how evil and disruptive it is. A secretive president is simply not what this country needs.

omGOSH....every time a liberal makes a remark like this
I think....why would they even GO THERE!!!

Getting a birth certificate was like pulling teeth.
Sealed college records.
Sealed medical records.
ObamaCare written behind CLOSED doors.
Fast N Furious cover-up.
Hires Lobbyist...(said he would get rid of them...that was his way to get rid of)?

Liberals need to think about Obamas lack of transparency
before throwing rocks.

o

Yeah, at least wait until to get elected before you hide your secrets.

By the way, I think the college records argument is absolutely ludicrous. Do you want his immunization records too?

o

"Getting a birth certificate was like pulling teeth."

CW, you do know that President Obama produced his official birth certificate , first to enter the primaries and then again during the primaries ...long before his election.

o

If producing medical and school records were a requirement I'm sure President Obama would have produced them. I don't think anyone doubts his intelligence or good health. I don't understand about producing a health care plan behind closed doors. Was he supposed to sit out on the presidential lawn? What does that signify? To compare apples to apples, he produced 12 years of his tax records. He did indeed provide his birth certificate as soon as asked, and everything that came after that was orchestrated by people who opposed him being low down and dirty to besmirch his name. All it did was to make the other side look extremely foolish and narrow-minded. I don't know what cover-up you're referring to or what lobbyist. Perhaps you can enlighten me.

o

Its glaringly clear that the reason he won't release his tax returns is that there is something in them that is far worse than the damage done by stonewalling. Which means that an army of investigators and journalists are now hot on the trail, and the stuff they dig up, relevant, true or false, is going to likely be the main story until the election. Note that the Wall Street Journal is leading the charge. I wonder when Murdoch will reign in his boys.

o

Fast and Furious cover-up.
Charges against Eric Holder.
Lobbyist Broderick Johnson new Sr Political Adviser,
He deregistered in April :)
I am aware Obama released a copy of his BC.
But wasn't it an ordeal?

You know in the great scheme of things these issues are so minor. Those are just issues that get thrown in when the silly my guy v your guy starts.

The only issue I have had a problem with is his
sealed medical records.
I have never understood the attitude of voting America that wouldn't be interested in a candidates medical records.

Reagan, in 1980, allowed his doctors to be interviewed.
Thomas Eagleton in 1972 had to leave the Democratic ticket as VP because he didn't tell George McGovern about his past history of elec-shock therapy & depression.

A petition signed by more than 2,700 doctors demanded John
McCain release all of his health records.
Filmmaker Robert Greenwald, a Democratic contributor, was
behind the petition.

Lots of examples of why the interest of the public regarding candidates medical records.

Another too late issue but I still wonder what is in
Obamas medical rec that he wanted to keep sealed.

Romney's tax records for 2010 & 2011 will probably be all
the public will get.
I think his track record as a business man speaks for itself.

o

What makes a businessman more trustworthy than any of the other candidates?

o

" am aware Obama released a copy of his BC.�But wasn't it an ordeal?"

No it was not , he released those records voluntarily and early in the primaries. The "ordeal " was that the birthers would not accept the official documents and the stayements of Hawaiian officials.

CW do some research and find out for yourself.....maybe then you will believe it.

o

He still hasn't released his birth certificate according to Romney's surrogate Trump. When trump lets up then another used diaper pail starts up.

o

Hmmmm John McCain saw 12 years of Romney's tax returns and YET picked the dimwitted Sarah Palin for VP. What's that tell ya???? Old Mitty's hiding somersetting. Ann said YOU PEOPLE just want to pick and choose what to challenge. Yeah, Ann ,we do. You are not above the law as you think you are. .>And yes, polls say the American people want to see the returns, and I say keep hammering , don't drop it, keep pressing and running ads.

o

We'll know eventually. Patience, people -- let him get the nomination first.

o

The only comment McCain would make about Romeny's returns was that there was nothing in them to "disqualify" him from running for President. Very interesting turn of phrase. When asked why he didn't choose him McCain said it was becasue Palin was a better candidate.

I'm curious, if Romney's tax returns were to show he paid NO taxes and was actually part of the 47%, not the 53%, would conservatives still vote for him?

o

Speculation is the worst sort of publicity!

o

A petition signed by more than 2,700 doctors demanded John McCain release all of his health records

That's because he was/is old and had medical issues. People were afraid he would die during his term and leave Palin as President. Understandably to most rational people, a very scary thought.

I think his track record as a business man speaks for itself.

You mean his track record of buying up companies, firing employees to improve the bottom line and then selling the company at a huge profit so he could get richer? His I don't care about the average American as long as I and my buddies get richer track record?

Yes, you are right. It does speak for itself.

o

Comparison is always an interesting defense it often seeks to rationalize something as a means of avoidance but in the end it's still avoidance.
If I can skip acknowledging the present subject or event by creating a fantasy agreement where other must consider something else first or as equal in stature to what is being avoided.

It's played by left & right currently a losing game of it is being played by multiple parties in relation to Romney.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here