Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Christ endorses Obama

Posted by lily316 z5PA (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 26, 12 at 3:19

Former Florida Republican governor Charlie Christ just endorsed Obama for president. I hope he campaigns for him in Florida and elsewhere. I guess the GOP won't be inviting him to the convention.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Christ endorses Obama

Well played Charlie Crist.

o

I wonder how he will square his socially conservative views with Obama's. Looks like we'll have another flip-flopper!

o

It has already been explained to us by Mrs and Demi that one does not need to hold the social values of a party or person in order to vote for them.

Although Crist is an important endorsement it is lily's title that really got me...now that would really annoy the Republicans evangelical base!

o

Do you think that was intentional?

o

Crist was the only republican I ever voted for in a major election. I promised myself I would vote for him if he vetoed the abortion ultrasound bill. He vetoed it, so I voted for him. But he lost a lot of other votes because of that.

o

Lily - Hoot!

o

We'll see if the GOP crucifies Crist.

o

There are a lot of Republicans that are walking away from the divisive policy of their party. When there is no room for compromise you cannot build and sustain a union. That leads to divorce.

o

Crist may look like dog crap after the Greer trial!

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 26, 12 at 9:37

Well, this answers the question of " What would Charlie do?"

o

Okay, Vgkg, THAT is funny!

o

LOL vgkg....you are a very witty person indeed!

o

Lol..vgkg...I SWEAR it was a typo, and I didn't even notice it till this morning. It was very late last night when I read the news.

But then maybe I was getting a subliminal message from the heavens..lol

o

Insert heavenly organ music.........and Lily post. Mother Nature is a Democrat with a Republican sense of Humor.

o

Posted by chase z6 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 26, 12 at 7:16

It has already been explained to us by Mrs and Demi that one does not need to hold the social values of a party or person in order to vote for them.

Although Crist is an important endorsement it is lily's title that really got me...now that would really annoy the Republicans evangelical base!

Now, the fact that it is even a thought much less a comment that the title of this thread would annoy "the Republicans (sic) evangelical base" is just so petty to me.

I will admit I'm obviously not on that wave length as a certain cluster of the posters here, though.

The fact is, conservatives could not care less what liberals call us or think about us. We have more important things to think about and more important things to do, even in retirement years, than to try to annoy other people or speculate about how they might be annoyed.

The fact is, no one on this earth can speak for Jesus Christ and Christians know this.

It's all so silly.
Also, what Charlie CRIST thinks, or who he endorses is of no significance to any conservative I know.

o

It really tells you something when political figures of one party endorse "the other guy"...

o

"It really tells you something when political figures of one party endorse "the other guy"...

Care to elaborate as to what it tells us?

o

"Care to elaborate as to what it tells us?"

It says that the selection from your party is terrible. Seems pretty clear.

o

Chill out Demi it was a joke aimed at lily's typo.

o

Actually, Frank, I am pretty sure it has more to do with the personal political motivations of the one doing the endorsing. To think that someone crosses party lines for the good of the people is pretty naive.

o

Heh......A Rino who turned independent when he figured out he couldn't win reelection........and now a "Former"...

Ya'll can have him.

o

I think one crosses party lines when the party he once belonged to turned whacko.

o

There are several here who have said they were once Democrats and turned Republican and vice versa. We grow, we change, our life experiences alter us. How is that a bad thing?

o

And what about the party that started off and remains whacko?

o

no one on this earth can speak for Jesus Christ and Christians know this.

But yet we hear it all the time - Christians presuming to know the mind of God, and in some instances getting all up in another's face about it.

Somehow there's a kind of wisdom in never speaking in any one's name but my own. Knowing my own voice is power enough - and it's work for a lifetime.

o

No, actually it was not aimed at Lily... I didn't even notice she spelled something wrong. I'm not the spellchecker police, and it doesn't really bother me when people don't spell a word or two correctly. It happens.

It says exactly what I meant it to say. What does it tell you when a Republican endorses a Democrat instead of someone from his own party? It tells you what a sad state the Republican party is in. At least, that's what it says to me.

o

Exactly Jodi. For a Republican , I always liked Crist. He seemed moderate like Snow and Huntsman and some others. But just imagine the Fox press if my former Dem governor, Rendell came out today for Romney.

BTW..I'm still getting a chuckle out of my typo..I did it twice and never caught it till others did today. It WAS a long day yesterday. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it...lol

o

"I think one crosses party lines when the party he once belonged to turned whacko."

If you think that desperation for reelection on Christ's part played no part in his party affiliation jump....you are deluding yourself.

o

Also, what Charlie CRIST thinks, or who he endorses is of no significance to any conservative I know.

The conventional wisdom is that independents are the important votes -- and this would be true in Florida, a so-called battleground state.

o

Since we are talking endorsements, I hear the CPUSA endorses Obama again. Anyone here a member?

o

CPUSA = Communist Party of the USA?

If that's what you mean--no, I'm not.

o
RE: CPUSA endorses Obama

Come to think of it, that sure would have made a better title for this thread.

o

Desperation, it stinks.

o

Desperation stinks? Is that true? Sounds like you know something about that. Care to elaborate?

o

Hilarious.

Jesus cared for his fellow people, he cared for the poor and the downtrodden. He also was a community organizer. If he had to chose, it's perfectly clear who he'd vote for.

o

See, Maddie, my slip was Freudian..lol

o

But Christ was a white community organizer, not a muslim, marxist, communist, Arab, foreigner to this country.

Got to keep those facts straight, you know, and of course he was a "good Christian as well.

Oops, me bad, he was born a Jew, died a Jew, and it was his followers, not him that created a new Religion.

But I digress, he was a white community organizer, not a black one and he sure as heck cared about his fellow man. He didn't toss them to the street to fend for themselves, live in the gutters and die of disease and starvation.

That wasn't his style.

So what gives with this kind of thinking now that permeates the GOP?

o

Ha!

It would make a great campaign ad.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here