Return to the Hot Topics Forum

o
Biden is fired up!

Posted by tobr24u z6 RI (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 14, 12 at 6:26

It was good to see old Joe go after the Ryan-Romney candidacy on TV while at the same time seeing the anger unleashed on Ryan for his Medicare stance and Romney not able to tell reporters what the difference is between his plan and Ryan's. Surely you are fired up too...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Biden is fired up!

I'm definitely ready for some R & R!

o

Mark your calendars for Oct. 11 and have plenty of popcorn on hand. The Ryan-Biden debate will be lots of fun.

o

Fired up and ready to roll.

o

How 'bout those crowds that Biden is drawing? Hope is doesn't wear our the poor guy! ;-P

o

What a maroon!

Here is a link that might be useful: Insert foot in mouth...AGAIN!

o

Yeah, but he's OUR maroon. You have your own .... ;)

o

Better Obama/Biden any day of the week than the R&R team.

No way is Romney/Ryan anything that anyone would honestly want,

UNLESS OF COURSE

you are one of those that would vote for anyone/anything as long as it isn't Obama.

o

Biden is Biden and everyone knows who is. The VP debates are of no consequence unless of course the suggestion is that the Republican VP is going to really be #1IC...which may be the case.

The Presidential debates are what really matter and that will be fun to watch and it will actually matter. bet there are lots of Republicans who wish the ticket was reversed.

o

Yes people love Biden they know his intentions. I bet he said "Big F in Deal." He cracks people up. He is the everybody's good buddy.

o

Obama's okay for a black guy. He's clean and articulate. He's light-skinned, with no Negro dialect, unless he wants to have one. I just don't like his ideology.

o

Before anyone takes the bait that is a take on what Biden said of Obama during the primaries.

o

What?

o

Now why am I not surprised houseful, not surprised that you would come up with such outlandish, racist comments.

And then you wonder why people say what they do about and to you?

Good grief, enough already is enough of this disgusting racist absurdities coming out of the mouth of the right wing, GOP/Tea Party supporters.

Is this the only way you can think of to try and win the election.

Disgusting to say the least.

o

This is from a January 2007 CNN article easily found by using the search engine of your choice.

FTA: Biden is quoted evaluating presidential rivals Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-New York, former Sen. John Edwards, D-North Carolina, and Sen. Barack Obama, D-Illinois. His remarks about Obama, the only African-American serving in the Senate, drew the most scrutiny.

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man."

Houseful added a personal touch; to wit:He's light-skinned, with no Negro dialect...

o

Yup, that's houseful's way of adding her "personal touch" to everything she posts when it comes to what she has to say about Obama, Democrats, liberals and those of us that are liberal on HT.

o

"Houseful added a personal touch; to wit:He's light-skinned, with no Negro dialect..."

Nope, that was a spin on something Harry Reid said. Gotta give houseful the "gotcha" on this one even though I think she took great delight in typing those words with impunity.

o

Houseful, were you quoting something else? An article or something?

o

Ah...Chase and I cross posted.

o

She was definitely "quoting" Reid and Biden but was dishonest about it and didn't attribute the words to them. It was a pure and simple game of "gotcha". I guess when one doesn't have substantive arguments one can defend this type of gamesmanship works......at least in some peoples minds.

For myself I prefer direct and honest posts.

o

"Ah...Chase and I cross posted."

....now HG you know that's not true, we are tag teaming it! Except we are the same person so I guess we can't be a tag team. It's all so confusing trying to be what others think I am, I mean we are....I'm having an Identity crisis !!!

o

She was definitely "quoting" Reid and Biden but was dishonest about it and didn't attribute the words to them. It was a pure and simple game of "gotcha". I guess when one doesn't have substantive arguments one can defend this type of gamesmanship works......

Ah, but then she does have a point to get across... even if it does come in the form of a gotcha. Kind of a "What's good for the goose is good for the gander."

If we are upset at her saying it, I'm not sure why we shouldn't be upset at Biden or Reid. I've seen people on this forum torn apart for much more innocent words.

o

....now HG you know that's not true, we are tag teaming it! Except we are the same person so I guess we can't be a tag team.

It's time for my personality to surface...you can take control later.

o

None of this really matters.

Over the past 29 months US companies have added 4.5 million new jobs.

Americans appear to be taking their cues from the economy's modest but steady improvements.

Employers added 163,000 jobs in July, the best month for job growth since February. Home prices are up. The value of U.S. exports reached a record high last month. U.S. consumers are expressing more confidence. And stock indexes are near their highs for the year.

"I am looking for a better second half of the year, in part because I think business will become more confident, and they will increase their hiring," said Joel Naroff, chief economist at Naroff Economic Advisors.

Naroff predicts the government will revise growth in the April-June quarter to an annual rate of 2 percent, up from the 1.5 percent reported last month. He predicts growth will then accelerate to 2.6 percent in the July-September quarter and 3.3 percent in the final three months of the year.

Nobody's going to take a chance on Romney...no matter who he picked as his running mate.

-Ron-

o

Over the past 29 months US companies have added 4.5 million new jobs.

And that is what, in my opinion, is what is going to matter most to voters in the long run. If the economy is up and jobs are returning by time the election rolls around, Obama will win.

If the economy is still bleak then people will ultimately vote with their wallets...and they may just take a chance on Romney.

That election will be won or lost on the economy.

o

Okay - found Harry Reid's remarks as well.

In light of the OP, I believe Biden will mop up the debate floor with Romney's also rich 6th. son. :-)

o

Biden WILL mop the floor with the arrogant kid who has soooo much baggage.

o

That election will be won or lost on the economy.

That was mainstream thought. But even when the job report was not good the President was still polling high. All the analysis said they could not believe the President's polls were so high.

It did not go unnoticed by the Romney Campaign.

There were not as many "anybody but Obama" people as they thought. That is why the shift to Ryan but that is a hard pill to swallow for independents.

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 14, 12 at 18:23

Yeah good ol' Joe, said a few funny things over the past 3 or so years, I have to Admit that he's no Cheney.

Mitt Romney/Paul Ryan 2012
Take our Country Back!....?

o

"That election will be won or lost on the economy".

Not really. It will be won or lost by the number of electoral votes each candidate gets, and President Obama is far ahead on that score. With the addition of Paul Ryan, Mr. Romney's chances of winning more electoral votes have decreased exponentially.

By the way, the remark houseful quoted was made by Harry Reid in a private conversation, in regard to what Obama's chances at being elected might be. The language may not be to our liking, and he later apologized for it, but it was not for public consumption.

I couldn't fathom why Joe Biden would say such a thing, and indeed he didn't. The remark mentioned by duluth WAS said by Biden, although taken somewhat out of context, and he later personally apologized to President Obama, who said there were much more important things to worry about and that he had no problem with Joe Biden.

o

And then you wonder why people say what they do about and to you"

No, no, I really don't. In fact, I don't even care.

By the way, the remark houseful quoted was made by Harry Reid in a private conversation, in regard to what Obama's chances at being elected might be. The language may not be to our liking, and he later apologized for it, but it was not for public consumption.

I couldn't fathom why Joe Biden would say such a thing, and indeed he didn't. The remark mentioned by duluth WAS said by Biden, although taken somewhat out of context, and he later personally apologized to President Obama, who said there were much more important things to worry about and that he had no problem with Joe Biden.

What is in a person's heart eventually comes out his mouth.

Good grief, enough already is enough of this disgusting racist absurdities coming out of the mouth of the right wing, GOP/Tea Party supporters.

Is this the only way you can think of to try and win the election.

Disgusting to say the least.

Racism is alive and well, but it ain't coming from the Tea Party!

o

Maybe it's just me, but if someone said something that I find inappropriate (racist, lewd, whatever), the last thing I would ever do is repeat those words (and embelish them with my own interpretation) and not even do it as a quote attibuted to the person. The last thing I would ever do is repeat those words in a way that could lead people to think those were my words. The last thing I would ever do is mislead people to thinking I believed those words. But, that's just me. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I am.

o

LOL, houseful quoted what Biden and Reid said and suddenly she is the racist? Wow, only a liberal could spin that. I guess when Biden affected a southern accent and said "Republicans are going to put ya'll back in chains", he was probably speaking to ___________fill in the blank.

o

Your righteous indignation isn't working, Jill. Once again, I don't care what people on here think of me. You think I sit around a fret or lose sleep about what people on here think.

I don't believe for a minute you, or other libs, care either, which is why you are so comfortable being nasty towards others.

o
One more thing...

I think it's important for the lurkers out there to see such hypocrisy. I was doing a public service.

o

You both miss the point. Again.

house did not "quote" it. She said it as though they were here words. No quotes. No credit given to the person that said it. And in fact it was her words. It was not a direct quote.

It's not a matter of whether or not you care what people think. How you feel on that is quite obvious from your posts. My point was that if I heard someone say something that I thought was racist (or inappropriate in any way), I would not be repeating it. And I certainly would not be repeating it in a way that could be interpreted as coming from me. That's what you did. If you have no problem saying racist things and giving the impression they are your words, then there is nothing to talk about. I find that sad.

I am so sick of the right wing claims that libs are nasty towards others. It's really a bunch of BS. The right wing says nasty things about liberals every day on this forum. You're like little children that complain to mommy that their sibling hit them when they initiating the hitting. Don't you think it's time you all grew up? Just like with the kids, the act gets old real fast.

o

I think it's important for the lurkers out there to see such hypocrisy. I was doing a public service.

And the moon is made of green cheese too.

o

In your world, paraphrasing a racist comment to make it sound even more racist is doing a public service.

OK, then, nothing more to say.

o

Oh no, I do get the point jill. Make sure you let us know where it came from, because if it came from liberals we can explain to you why it isn't racist or we can just deflect. And if you don't make sure we know where it came from, we will have to assume it was you and then we can tell you what a racist you and all conservatives are lol.

o

A CANADIAN had to point out where those words came from. If the libs cared one whit about where the real racism lies, the words would have been recognized right away. They would also do everything in their power, to give serious reform to entitlements that are destroying the minority population.

o

If the libs cared one whit about where the real racism lies, the words would have been recognized right away. They would also do everything in their power, to give serious reform to entitlements that are destroying the minority population.

And there you have it!

I have no words to adequately describe how repugnant I find this mantra from the right.

o

I have no words to adequately describe how repugnant I find this mantra from the right.

Because there are none, Nancy.

o

Sorry you're so repulsed Nancy. This mantra comes out of my very conservative black friends too. You can deny it all you want, but if you are black or other minority, the Dems are not your friend.

o

They would also do everything in their power, to give serious reform to entitlements that are destroying the minority population.

House what specific entitlement do you think are destroying the minority population?

o

You can deny it all you want, but if you are black or other minority, the Dems are not your friend.

Which is why there are so, so many black and minority Republicans and you can see all of them at various local and state GOP conventions.

Of course don't forget the GOP national convention. Be sure to carefully watch the floor of the convention when the cameras pull back and scan the audience.

See if you can count all those minorities, all those of skin color other than "pure lily white" and see if you need more than 1 hand, maybe 2 hands at most.

The GOP will have their "token number of minorities" in that audience, but a party for black and minorities?

Yup and I got a bridge in Brooklyn I can see you for real, real cheap.

This is one, house, you are going to have to explain if you expect anyone on this forum to take you seriously.

o

Littleone, you're regurgitating Marshallz's argument. The Republican party doesn't keep anyone out.

Several times, Marquest, in particular, stated the blacks and even Jews vote Democrat because it is in their best interest. I asked what those interests are and neither she nor anyone else has ever answered my question.

o

One of the reasons is that minority groups, given their historical battles for equality and freedom from bigotry, understand the need for socially responsible programmes such as health care and good education for all citizens.

o

Several times, Marquest, in particular, stated the blacks and even Jews vote Democrat because it is in their best interest. I asked what those interests are and neither she nor anyone else has ever answered my question.

I know but you said....They would also do everything in their power, to give serious reform to entitlements that are destroying the minority population.

What entitlements that you think are destroying the minority population?

o

Let's hear the list, House.

Repugnant is a mild way to put it.

o

Is this another thread where the non-racist republicans tell us that them minorities are too dumb to vote for their own betterment - eg voting for deregulation and tax cuts for millionaires along with the Republicans - and instead vote for the Democrats 'cause of all those 'free handouts'?

o

I don't care who I may be offending but the contempt that some posters seem to feel for certain minorities and the very poor comes through loud and clear no matter how artfully one tries to hide it. The subtle, and not so subtle, disdain is palpable yet rarely do they have the courage to come out and say what they really feel...wonder why that is...ashamed, embarrassed ????

A comment about Food Stamps on another thread is a clear example of the disdain many feel for certain segments of the citizenry. All bent out of shape on Food Stamps while being perfectly OK with the billions spent on defense and tax credits/subsidies for hugely profitable corporations all the while defending actions by the Republican Party that are indefensible.

o

House so this does not get lost in the chatter because I really want to know, You and other have said this and I do not know what entitlements destroy Americans.

I know but you said....They would also do everything in their power, to give serious reform to entitlements that are destroying the minority population.

o

mrsK - I have no idea what you are talking about. You are not making any sense. I also don't know why you feel the need to end so many of your posts with lol, but that's another story.

One more time...if I say something, I own it. If I am quoting someone else, I will quote them. In case you don't know what that means, I will use quotes around their exact words and give them credit for the statement. Or at the very least say so-and-so said something like....

If I don't do that, the words are me and I own them. And unlike you, if I need to apologize for them, I will.

And, just for the record, you'll never hear/see me say/write anything racist. Not ever. Unlike some other people on this forum.

I am really amazed at how ugly some people on this forum have become in the very recent past. But, I guess if you put "lol" at the end of your post, then anything that comes before it is ok.

o

"But, I guess if you put "lol" at the end of your post, then anything that comes before it is ok."

It's a lot like saying "Bless her heart" after speaking in a rude or abusive manner about someone. It's a miracle phrase, it makes all the ugly dialogue already spoken disappear!

o

Littleone, you're regurgitating Marshallz's argument. The Republican party doesn't keep anyone out.

Am I really, House? I didn't know I was, I thought I was just stating what I believe myself.

Now if you believe that the Republican party doesn't keep anyone out, well that's your choice to do so. I didn't say they did either, by the way.

I just made a statement of facts that has been seen for my entire life about the Republican GOP National Convention, and is easily seen by anyone and everyone else that is not blind and watches the convention with their eyes open.

Now, if the policies of the GOP, the Platform that the GOP adopts every 4 years at it's annual convention to nominate a candidate to run for President fo the United States, is and offensive platform to women, to blacks, to hispanics, to any and all minorities period, then that is seen as an affront to these minorities, to any minorities, and the feel unwanted, and that political party has nothing to offer them, support them, etc.

That is most certainly an attempt to keep minorities out of the party.

Now if my own personal belief and observations over more than 40 years is directly in line with marshallz's view and words, well so be it and I consider that a compliment, not an insult as you appear to have intended it to be.

Now the rest of us are waiting for you to explain your statement to us, but since you've been avoiding doing so, since early this morning;

well I guess it's going to be one of those that you will not answer because of?

Who knows, what ever reason you desire to use this time.

o

Amen littleone. All one has to do is watch the convention and it is quite noticable.

The worse thing to me about VP Bidens statement was the phony "y'all". Can't stand when people do that.....so patronizing.

o

I don't care who I may be offending but the contempt that some posters seem to feel for certain minorities and the very poor comes through loud and clear no matter how artfully one tries to hide it. The subtle, and not so subtle, disdain is palpable yet rarely do they have the courage to come out and say what they really feel...wonder why that is...ashamed, embarrassed ????
A comment about Food Stamps on another thread is a clear example of the disdain many feel for certain segments of the citizenry. All bent out of shape on Food Stamps while being perfectly OK with the billions spent on defense and tax credits/subsidies for hugely profitable corporations all the while defending actions by the Republican Party that are indefensible.

You want so badly to believe that the conservatives here are racist bigots who hate the poor because that is your only justification for the attacks and the only way for the liberals to remain in power. I mention minorities mainly because of the continued accusations of racism and the claim that minorities vote in their best interest. However, the nanny state hurts everyone.

Once Marquest, or whomever wants to, answers my question as to how voting Dem is in the best interest of blacks and Jewish people, then I'll answer the questions posed of me. I think it was last week that I first posed this question on two different threads and nobody answered it.

o

Once Marquest, or whomever wants to, answers my question as to how voting Dem is in the best interest of blacks and Jewish people

It's all about values and supporting the party that most aligns with your values and beliefs. Here are a few examples.

Jews place a very high value on education and the republicans are hellbent on destroying education by dismantling the Department of Education and its programs.
They also happen to be very community oriented people who believe in the common good rather than every man for himself as is the mantra of the Republican party.

A very great program to end discrimination came from Democratic presidents, for example, the Civil Rights Act of 1964. I believe that they see the Democratic party as working towards the same goals that they are and therefore align themselves with the Democrats rather than the party of the KKK and the Governor Mechams of this world.

So now will you answer the freakin' question, house?

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 15, 12 at 18:08

"Once Marquest, or whomever wants to, answers my question as to how voting Dem is in the best interest of blacks and Jewish people, then I'll answer the questions posed of me"

I'll give it a shot.

Demos : It takes a village
Repubs : Survival of the fittest

I believe it was George Carlin who once summed it up pretty good that " Demos care about people &
Repubs care about property"

As an old white guy it makes me sick to hear white extremists talk fearful of losing their majority in the years ahead, so in balance that's why - "as to how voting Dem is in the best interest of blacks and Jewish people." and imho it's in the best interest all peoples.

o

House if you cannot answer just say you cannot answer.

Your question has been answered over and over. There is no Black, Jew, Latino entitlement vote. People vote for their best interest. Good educational systems, Equal pay for all, environmental protection, safety for the country, Leadership for all citizens not any particular race or religion, sexual orientation. We vote for a honorable country.

Try to explain your statement.
They would also do everything in their power, to give serious reform to entitlements that are destroying the minority population.

o

how voting Dem is in the best interest of blacks and Jewish people

In the last 40 some years, the Democratic Party has been a better defender of civil rights. In 2006 there was a contingent of Southern Republicans that did not want to renew the Voting Rights Act of 1965. The GOP also courts fundamentalist Protestants as its base and in the process flirts with Christian theocracy -- not particularly appealing to non-Christians. (There are also non-Protestants who are not enthusiastic.)

o

Lets see. Which party supports education and higher learning through Pell grants, student loans w/o the middle man, and increases in university grants from the NIH, NSF, etc.

And which party wants to cut all that, preferring "boot straps?"

o

Added to all of the above, Jews in this country are not supportive of any government representatives regardless of the party affiliation that has an agenda that would and will dictate laws by way of their personal beliefs and ignore the religious beliefs of those that are not of their religious beliefs.

Jews are extremely weary of any political group that is controlled by religious extremism or extremism of any kind.

That would include a
political party that is controlled by religious extremism,
dismantling of support to those in society that are in need,
tossing those that need a helping hand to the street,
destroying and/or dismantling health care instead of improving it for all people,

Any political party that looks at the top 1% and/ or those at the highest end of the income level as something special and ignore the rest of society, is seen as a harbinger of restrictions to those that do not meet the restricted requirements of society and are therefore banned from being party to a segment of society.

Jews no all to well what it is like to be on the receiving end of prejudice and Jews within this country are not going to vote for a political party that is so well embraced by those that hate Jews, hate blacks, hate hispanics, hate anyone that is not pure lily white. IE the white supremacists groups. The majority of the hate groups in this country support the GOP, you aren't going to find a huge support from Jews for a political party that has that kind of support.

Religious or secular, Jews have not and never will forget what was done to them as a people, all through history, especially during WWII.

Nor will they forget what it was like to live in this country and still be banned from various things for no other reason than they where Jews.
Banned from
where they lived
where they could go to school
where they could go to college, IE the creation of Brandeis University because of the "Jewish quota" that existed.
where they could eat
where they could shop

Yup that existed for Jews, why do you think civil rights for all has been so well supported by Jews in this country and they are not pleased with the government of Israel and what has and is going on with Palestinians?

And much to the dismay of the GOP, Jews in this country do not vote as an automatic vote for one party or the other, or vote for the party that shows it's, so called, mass support for the State of Israel.

Jews vote fore political candidates in this country just as other voters do. They vote for what is best for them, best for their family what is best for society, the world, for this country and they do not blindly support the government of Israel just because it is Israel.

Jews in this country also see through the right wing Evangelical Christian belief in their support of Israel and that it only exists because of their own religious beliefs and the Rapture belief.
If that didn't exists, then they would have no support for Israel.

In other words, the GOP's support for the State of Israel, is mostly phony and self serving.

American Jews see this as well.

Now, House, that you have been spoon fed this info that you could have found on your own if you weren't so lazy and did some google searching yourself, as well as used some common sense, when are you going to give the rest of us the answer to the question that has been repeatedly asked to you and you keep coming up with excuses to not answer?

o

House do you have enough answers yet??

What are these entitlements that are destroying minorities?

o

Why do entitlements destroy the minority population but not the non-minority population?

o

Another question. That's gonna blow House's fuses.

o

It sure is JZ, I'm guessing she wasn't expecting an answer to her question and instead she has been inundated with answers from both all sides, with the answers that she could have gotten on her own, but didn't bother.

Now she's got to either come up with some answer or run and hide and ignore the answers and the thread.

It's her opus operandi

o

As an American secular Jew, ditto everything littleone said.

So count that as another answer to your question, house.

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 15, 12 at 19:17

What I think many people are forgetting is that because of the economy folks who never had to rely on "entitlements" are now able to tread water because of them. 70% increase in food stamp benefits in the suburbs, lines of people around the block for food distribution like has never been seen before right here in our city. Those folks may not want to see "entitlements" that are putting food on their tables taken away to give the 1% a tax cut.

This may be an entirely partisan forum ... but you have people in this country that are just trying to survive who never thought they would be where they are, and they VOTE.

o

What I think many people are forgetting is that because of the economy folks who never had to rely on "entitlements"......

People are not forgetting anything. There is something they think they know.

You have a answer yet House?

o

House is not "in the house" yet.

Guess we have to be patient and see if she will show up again and answer the question or this is just another one of the threads she's run from after stirring the pot and baiting all of us.

o

I am really amazed at how ugly some people on this forum have become in the very recent past. But, I guess if you put "lol" at the end of your post, then anything that comes before it is ok.

Like Mitt. If he giggles when or after he tells a lie or makes a gaffe he thinks it's ok and doesn't count.

You want so badly to believe that the conservatives here are racist bigots who hate the poor because that is your only justification for the attacks and the only way for the liberals to remain in power.

No one would "want" to believe that anyone is a bigot without a reason. It doesn't benefit anyone.

Bigotry has been displayed on HT. Posts have been removed for that very reason. If someone states something that many find abhorrent, and they feel their words are being misinterpreted, then all they have to do is clarify their thoughts instead of trying to defend them. Simple.

"Once Marquest, or whomever wants to, answers my question as to how voting Dem is in the best interest of blacks and Jewish people, then I'll answer the questions posed of me"

OK, another token here to answer your question.

Others above have stated many of the reasons. But if you knew anything about Judaism you would know why Jews are more aligned with the values of Dems than the Repubs of today. JZ was spot on.
It's all about values and supporting the party that most aligns with your values and beliefs. They also happen to be very community oriented people who believe in the common good rather than every man for himself as is the mantra of the Republican party.

This may give Houseful some insight and illustrate why Jews feel that voting for the Dems is in their best interests.

Part of Jewish beliefs is something called "Olam Ha Ze," which means "this world". It reflects on the importance of living a meaningful, good, life while you are alive and that includes helping others. Related to that is another important aspect of Judaism called "Tzedakh" which means righteousness and is also translated to mean justice and charity. Tzedakh calls for Jews to give a portion of their wealth to charities but not just any charities, it must go to help those in need. Judaism teaches that people have a right to food, clothing and shelter and it is the responsibility of those with more to give to those with less.

These are not the values of the GOP.

Tzedakah is taken so seriously that Maimonides, a scholar and doctor who helped write the Mishna (oral traditions of Judaism) even gives a list of different levels of charitable giving. The list goes from the least to the most honorable ways to give to charity.

8. When donations are given grudgingly.

7. When one gives less than he should, but does so cheerfully.

6. When one gives directly to the poor upon being asked.

5. When one gives directly to the poor without being asked.

4. When the recipient is aware of the donor's identity, but the donor does not know the identity of the recipient.

3. When the donor is aware of the recipient's identity, but the recipient is unaware of the source.

2. When the donor and recipient are unknown to each other.

1. The highest form of charity is to help sustain a person before they become impoverished by offering a substantial gift in a dignified manner, or by extending a suitable loan, or by helping them find employment or establish themselves in business so as to make it unnecessary for them to become dependent on others.

These beliefs are deeply held by many Jews across the board - groups who otherwise many not agree on much - religious and cultural Jews, reform, conservative, modern orthodox, Humanitarian, secular,...

o

epi and littleone, thanks for delineating so clearly the belief systems of Judaism and Humanism, which I know well from certain of my friends. And jerzee and nancy have explained the differences between the two idealogies clearly. Why no response from House or MrsK?

o

Why no response from House or MrsK?

No answer is the answer. When you listen to the talking points and have no idea that you are being played a fool you have to take time to catch your breath, wait for your teacher to teach you new words to repeat. That is what pets do you know. A fool is a tool.

o

McCain has been very sour because of his lost for his Presidential Bid but he really should take a step back and go with "No Comment" when anybody starts to discuss VP picks. He starts to look like a joke.

McCain: Obama Would Be 'Wise' to Replace Biden with Hillary

Although he predicted it would not happen, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., said Wednesday it would be "wise" for President Obama to take Vice President Joe Biden off the Democratic presidential ticket and replace him with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Here is a link that might be useful: McCain

o

Well, if anybody knows about picking VP candidates, its McCain.

o

My, My, now is anyone surprised that House has retreated from responding after getting the answer to her question?

Guess she can't deal with the answers, can't deal with the fact that she actually got he question answered.

Guess it shocked her too much, she wasn't expecting an answer and low and behold she got one.

Guess she doesn't have an answer to the question that was posed to her, the one that she wouldn't answer because no one answered her prior question on some other thread.

Guess we aren't going to get an answer to "our" questions, but that is what I expected and I'm betting others here expected the same thing.

House, you posted on this thread, what was it, to stir the pot? Was it to bait the rest of us?

o

Nasty.

o

Whom/what is nasty Demi?

We gave house what she wanted and she's "flown the coup", is not in the house, as they say.

Not answering our question and you call that Nasty?

o

"House, you posted on this thread, what was it, to stir the pot? Was it to bait the rest of us?"

Yes that is the main purpose of a bunch that post here bait, stir, get attention, waste the time and energy of the rest here. They do not care a fig about the content or context of what they post except to upset and distract with lies and faux talking points. They even say so often. Not worth the bandwidth or time.

o

LOL, David!

o

I do not think they are trying to stir the pot. It is what they have been told and they just repeat, repeat "Polly want a cracker" They have no idea what it means it is just what they were told to say and think. It is a form of brainwashing some are more susceptible than others.

Notice how demi thinks it is nasty. It is nasty to respond with answers that they cannot accept because they have been told over and over what they must believe. As the movie said...."They cannot handle the truth"

House do you have enough answers yet??

What are these entitlements that are destroying minorities?

o

Houseful, are you out there somewhere?

We have been patiently waiting for the answer to our question.

We answered yours, we followed your rules so that we could get the answer to our question.

Are you going to return and answer our question now?

o

It has become painfully clear that there are some who cannot, or will not, answer legitimate questions. I have come to believe it is because they are some how embarrassed to publicly admit what they think. They have no courage of conviction.

Right or wrong , I find liberals more comfortable with articulating a defense of their positions....I guess it's because they have nothing to be ashamed about.

o

Photobucket

Amen to that! This thread is starting to resemble a joke list for Jay Leno or David Letterman!

o

Chase, I think it's because liberals are independent thinkers, they research and verify facts and info before they spout out anything and they are more than happy to "call a spade, a spade".
They are capable of independent thought process and are not part of what some people call "the herd mentality".

Liberals are not spoon fed their info, spoon fed what to think, what to say, what to believe and are not clones of each other.

When liberals have something to say, they will say it, they will back it up with facts and information that is verifiable and will stand their ground with those real facts.

They don't fall for the absurdities that seem to be claimed by the right wing.

The reason that a liberal is, as you word it "more comfortable with articulating a defense of their positions... I guess it's because they have nothing to be ashamed of"
simply put, when liberals speak, when liberals state their position, their beliefs, it's because they are based on facts that have been well researched, well documented and factual, not some absurd ideas that have been tried over and over again and proven to be wrong, proven to not work, proven to be false and yet still believed.

When one has accurate, proven accurate information, there is nothing to run from and easy to articulate.

One one has absurd ideas that can be repeatedly proven false, it becomes more and more difficult, if not impossible to defend or articulate those claims and one ends up looking like, sounding like a fool.

It seems to be a pattern on HT, that the conservatives just can't answer a legitimate question with an answer, but rather either use the following methods to respond

run away from the thread

twist an answer to evade actually answering the question

or just continue on refusing to answer the question

and of course the combine the above and add more to it.

I doubt any of us expected house to answer the question. She must have run away from the thread because she didn't know what the heck to do when she not only got an answer to her question but actually got a heck of a lot of answers and didn't know what to say or do. She no doubt didn't expect an answers,

o

Lots of back patting going on here, but my opinion is I see very little articulating of a position.

I see name calling and linking to someone else's opinion.

The only two liberal posters that are adept at backing up what they say are kingturtle and nancy.

o

Historically, the fall of great nations or the loss of independence of the citizen has been related to "Bread and Circuses". "The populace votes with their belly" is another commonly used expression that more than suggests that if you control what goes into the belly, you control the vote.

From Wikipedia:""Bread and Circuses" (or bread and games) (from Latin: panem et circenses) is a metaphor for a superficial means of appeasement. In the case of politics, the phrase is used to describe the creation of public approval, not through exemplary or excellent public service or public policy, but through diversion, distraction, and/or the mere satisfaction of the immediate, shallow requirements of a populace.[1] as an offered "palliative." Juvenal decried it as a simplistic motivation of common people. [2][3][4] The phrase also implies the erosion or ignorance of civic duty amongst the concerns of the common man (l'homme moyen sensuel).
In modern usage, the phrase is taken to describe a populace that no longer values civic virtues and the public life. To many across the political spectrum, left and right, it connotes a supposed triviality and frivolity that characterized the Roman Republic prior to its decline into the autocratic monarchy characteristic of the later Roman Empire's transformation about 44 B.C."

Your attacks on Republicans, conservatives and in particular houseful are representative of ad hominum attacks. You can't come up with logical or convincing arguments to counter her statement using Biden's own words so you attack her character. Sorry, not convincing.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bread and Circuses

o
RE: Biden's foot is in his mouth

BTW, why is the fact that houseful is not instantly responding to your attacks so terrible? It says nothing about her willingness to continue the "discussion". You left the actual discussion behind long ago in favor of personal(ad hominim)attacks. Maybe she is supposed to wilt under the hot air of your so reasonable postings? Perhaps she is simply busy elsewhere or even, horror of horrors, lost interest!!

This is the first time I have opened this thread which opened on Tuesday. It is now Friday. Am I somehow lacking in character or ability to reason because I have not been glued to my keyboard and screen in order to follow your so insightful and profoundly important comments from the first keystroke?

You are not convincing me. In fact since the phrases she used have been so 'out there' since they were first made, you fail to convince me that you are not simply trying to deflect from the ugliness of the original Biden and Reid statements.

o

The only two liberal posters that are adept at backing up what they say are kingturtle and nancy.

I strongly disagree. I can only guess that you have not read the contributions of dockside, kwoods, david, jerzee, don, patricia, kate/dublin rose, and others whose names escape me (my apologies). I'll also name marshall, labrea, and dicot although I suspect they would not be too pleased to carry the label 'liberal.' And then there are the Canadians who jump in to correct the USians in our lapses in knowledge of our own history and current events.

o

BTW, why is the fact that houseful is not instantly responding to your attacks so terrible?

Because she is the one that baited everyone with her challenge. She is the one that led the discussion with this:

Once Marquest, or whomever wants to, answers my question as to how voting Dem is in the best interest of blacks and Jewish people, then I'll answer the questions posed of me.

People answered. She didn't. She used that bait question before on other threads and ignored the answers just like she did here.

Why doesn't she answer the challenge she started? It seems she is not capable of responding. If she was, wouldn't she? She spent an inordinate amount of time on here until now.

If one doesn't want their words misinterpreted then the should be prepared to explain them like an adult.

It seems to have come down to put up or... She chose the latter.

o

Nancy--I said "adept."

It's MY opinion and it's not wrong.

o

Demi, please reread what I wrote; I said that I disagree.

No where did I say that you were wrong.

o

School started this week and I also managed to catch myself a horrible head and chest cold. But, it's nice to know you're all still thinking of me! You can put your claws away now.

There is no Black, Jew, Latino entitlement vote. People vote for their best interest. Good educational systems, Equal pay for all, environmental protection, safety for the country, Leadership for all citizens not any particular race or religion, sexual orientation. We vote for a honorable country.

Surely you're not that naive, Marquest. I've never heard Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton exhort anyone to support environmental protection. Safety for the country? It's usually the libs that push for military defense cuts. I am not even going to address the sad state of education in this country which has been run by liberals for decades.

1. The highest form of charity is to help sustain a person before they become impoverished by offering a substantial gift in a dignified manner, or by extending a suitable loan, or by helping them find employment or establish themselves in business so as to make it unnecessary for them to become dependent on others.

And welfare is the antithesis of this Jewish belief.

Jews no all to well what it is like to be on the receiving end of prejudice and Jews within this country are not going to vote for a political party that is so well embraced by those that hate Jews, hate blacks, hate hispanics, hate anyone that is not pure lily white. IE the white supremacists groups. The majority of the hate groups in this country support the GOP, you aren't going to find a huge support from Jews for a political party that has that kind of support.

In other words, the GOP's support for the State of Israel, is mostly phony and self serving.

It sounds to me like it's rage against Christianity that is their sole objective. For both Jews and Blacks, it seems following the crowd is what's important. Not sure that makes them independent thinkers.

If neo-nazi considered themselves part of the Republican party, it is not because Republican party supports their ideas. It is because the most blacks are Democrats and neo-nazis would naturally flock to the opposing party. Having said that, neo-nazis are nothing but a bunch of sub-human losers. They don't represent my beliefs or those of any other conservative that I know.

If welfare worked, we would have seen a substantial decrease in the poverty level. Welfare and food stamps leaves little incentive for families to stay intact. The increase in unwed mothers is disturbing for both minorities and whites, but the sharpest increase in among Hispanics and blacks. It's almost guaranteed that these children will be living in poverty.

The liberal and Democrat mind-set is that people are not smart enough to take care of themselves. So, as more people become dependent, the government has to grow. With the exception of some, I don't believe that welfare recipients as a whole are lazy; I believe we have generation after generation telling them it's okay to live that way. I imagine they feel trapped and so undignified that it paralyzes them. And segregation still exists, but instead of overt legislation the cause, segregation is now achieved through poverty. I am not advocating doing away with entitlements, but they need to be temporary. This idea that you're entitled to anything at someone else's expense is unhealthy at best.

This sums up perfectly my thoughts:

The character of Lincoln and Weinberg was not an exception. Once upon a time in America character, integrity, hard work, and independence were the norm. Americans took pride in overcoming adversity and learning from it. They were strong individuals and supremely confident. Americans believed that all one was entitled to was a natural birth. Everything else was up to the person.
Today, that belief has been shattered. After World War II, intellectuals proselytized "inevitability theories" about how everyone's life was shaped by genetic or environmental factors that were beyond their control. There began a promiscuity of the teaching of helplessness and the "can do" American spirit was replaced by the "we are all helpless victims" spirit. If your destiny is already predetermined by external factors that you cannot change, why work hard and try to persevere and succeed?
Nowadays, the emphasis is not on the individual learning how to overcome adversity; the emphasis is on how to use adversity to gain socioeconomic entitlements from government. The more adversity one can claim they face, the more benefits that person will receive. We now elect politicians based on the entitlements and bounties they generously offer with tax dollars. The helpless have become dependent upon the politicians for entitlements, and the politicians have become dependent upon the helpless for votes. As a result, the American spirit has been replaced with a "spirit of helplessness." Psychology Today article by Michael Michalko

I'll say it again: Racism is alive and well and it's becoming more clear every day from which party it's emanating.

o

"I'll say it again: Racism is alive and well and it's becoming more clear every day from which party it's emanating"

Yes, and all so that the Democrats can stay in power.
Short change people, make them believe they are incompetent and can't achieve what others can, and make them dependent...always with a little bait on a string, just enough to keep them following and hoping tomorrow will be better--all to retain power for themselves, never truly helping anyone, but misleading, insulting, controlling and hurting them.

Disgusting!

Biden isn't fired up--I think he's not firing on all synapses. However, it's not a recent development.
It's an indulgence.

Looks like he's being kept under wraps since his shameful "they're gonna put y'all back in chains" pandering to a black audience.

o

And Obama's pandering to Hispanics this week through an Executive Order to allow for some documented immigrants who were brought here as children to obtain temporary waivers from deportation and allow them to get work permits. Funny how easily these people were able to obtain birth certificates and make their way to the appropriate government offices, but yet, others can't find a way to get an ID card.

I'll ask rhetorically - Why didn't he pass a law four years ago? Why wait until right before the election? He's getting their hopes up and this is only a temporary situation for them; it's not a guarantee of their future.

o

House sorry you were not feeling good. Summer colds are the worst.

You repeated a propaganda Conservative speech. The problem was you sort of blow your theory when you try to insert non-elected citizens. Think about that injecting Al Sharpton, and Jesse Jackson as part of your argument. I will get into them later. You area aware who they are and what they have done and doing now?

You went on and on about a lot of things I do not have time to address right now because I have some business commitments today but I will come back later.

o

The fact that they are not elected officials doesn't negate their influence on voting.

o

littleone: The majority of the hate groups in this country support the GOP, you aren't going to find a huge support from Jews for a political party that has that kind of support.

Houseful: It sounds to me like it's rage against Christianity that is their sole objective.

Outrageous! Anti-Semitism is alive and well in HT.

o

And the conclusion is ....... - getting rid of food stamps, TANF, Pell grants, Medicaid, subsidized housing etc. results in what?

o

Religionist supremacy.

Figures.

o
as well

As far as what the Fed spends on "entitlements", the lions share goes to the elderly.

And somehow this has been twisted into restricting assistance to the poor.

To the point that the Ryan budget assures the current old folks that they'll be ok, (eg, you got yours, baby) its just those under-55 that will now have to deal with not only the debt to pay for the current elders' benefits, [and cover the difference in revenue from the elimination of income tax on dividends and capital gains] but now have to come up with enough money for their own retirement/medical care.

From what I've heard, the current elderly aren't buying it.

o

Posted by houseful (My Page) on Sat, Aug 18, 12 at 9:42

Houseful...that is probably the best post I have read
in HT in a while.
Don't expect any reaction from the left other than the usual.
You nailed it.

Smear vick salve all over your chest and keep hot towels
on it lol.....just giving you one of my long ago
memories. Ever have that done to you?

o

"Short change people, make them believe they are incompetent and can't achieve what others can, and make them dependent...always with a little bait on a string, just enough to keep them following and hoping tomorrow will be better--all to retain power for themselves, never truly helping anyone, but misleading, insulting, controlling and hurting them"

Rather an insulting way to describe the people you believe to be manipulated in this manner.

Is it your contention that it is liberals being controlled by the government this way or are conservations as well? Do you think the majority of Democrats look to the government to take cars of them, that liberals aren't successful, accomplished and maybe even wealthy? Hi r

Or are you talking off a subset? If so what subset is it that you are referring to?

o

Nope, not insulting at all.
We always have people who can't think for themselves, won't think for themselves, and who will defer to others--particularly to those who tell them they know better and will take care of them because they are unable to do it themselves.

It's only an illustration of a political group taking advantage of disadvantaged people.

o

Outrageous! Anti-Semitism is alive and well in HT

Disgusting. White hood optional.

And it's no surprise that she gets full support from HT's resident bigot.

Houseful...that is probably the best post I have read
in HT in a while.

Birds of a feather flock together.

For both Jews and Blacks, it seems following the crowd is what's important. Not sure that makes them independent thinkers.

Apparently Houseful feels that Jews and blacks are mindless dolts. Life would be perfect if you could just get rid of them. How dare they ruin perfectly good elections and your country. Keep striving for that all white, Christian utopia.

o

Apparently Houseful feels that Jews and blacks are mindless dolts. Life would be perfect if you could just get rid of them. How dare they ruin perfectly good elections and your country. Keep striving for that all white, Christian utopia.

Littleone and Marquest state that Jews and blacks overwhelmingly vote Democrat as a group because of (from what I understand) anger or fear. I state that it sounds like group-think, so that makes me a bigot. If there is one thing I can applaud you on, it's your spin technique!

o

......"all to retain power for themselves"

Except that statement infers that by doing what you describe the Democrats garner votes to keep themselves in power. As a matter of fact you have said that on several occasions.

Given that virtually all the poor States with large numbers of people receiving a high percentage of government social assistance are all States that vote Republican. In fact the States that vote Democratic tend to be the most prosperous States.

Although I know you are not referring to Blacks specifically, that demographic is a perfect example. The States with the highest percentage of Blacks, and the highest levels of poverty, with the exception of Florida, all voted for McCain.

Facts are the poor and the uneducated tend not to vote at all. So I am very curious as to who it is you think is being manipulated the way you describe and in turn ensuring the Dems retain power? It can only be those who vote Democratic in States that tend to go Democratic or in swing States.....

o

Littleone and Marquest state that Jews and blacks overwhelmingly vote Democrat as a group because of (from what I understand) anger or fear.

You must be dizzy already. Own your words. This is what you stated before you tried to backtrack and distort other people's words to fit your agenda. You are pathetic.

It sounds to me like it's rage against Christianity that is their sole objective.

"When people show you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou.

You showed us exactly WHAT you are. Own it.

o

Some call it the 'Veil of Opulence' where the myth of equal opportunity prevails.

"If I could do it, anybody can do it." Ignoring the barriers that you never had.

o

That's an interesting link in david's "Veil of Opulence" thread - a good read worthy of people's time.

In light of the above 14:54 post...

"But the veil of opulence operates only under the guise of fairness. It is rather a distortion of fairness, by virtue of the partiality that it smuggles in. It asks not whether a policy is fair given the huge range of advantages or hardships the universe might throw at a person but rather whether it is fair that a very fortunate person should shoulder the burdens of others. That is, the veil of opulence insists that people imagine that resources and opportunities and talents are freely available to all, that such goods are widely abundant, that there is no element of randomness or chance that may negatively impact those who struggle to succeed but sadly fail through no fault of their own. It blankets off the obstacles that impede the road to success. It turns a blind eye to the adversity that some people, let's face it, are born into. By insisting that we consider public policy from the perspective of the most-advantaged, the veil of opulence obscures the vagaries of brute luck.

The veil of opulence assumes that the playing field is level, that all gains are fairly gotten, that there is no cosmic adversity."

My own thoughts are the playing field has never been level and never will be level. No two people do the same thing with either an opportunity or an adversity.

o

"Added to all of the above, Jews in this country are not supportive of any government representatives regardless of the party affiliation that has an agenda that would and will dictate laws by way of their personal beliefs and ignore the religious beliefs of those that are not of their religious beliefs.
Jews are extremely weary of any political group that is controlled by religious extremism or extremism of any kind.

That would include a
political party that is controlled by religious extremism,
dismantling of support to those in society that are in need,
tossing those that need a helping hand to the street,
destroying and/or dismantling health care instead of improving it for all people,"

I had to stop reading this as I was getting nauceous. Maybe littleonefb could share this rhetoric and absolute nonsense with the Jews in Israel. There are some people in Gaza who might even call littleonefb a liar.

o

Given that virtually all the poor States with large numbers of people receiving a high percentage of government social assistance are all States that vote Republican. In fact the States that vote Democratic tend to be the most prosperous States.

Actually, Chase, I you proved the "...all to retain power for themselves" point. The richest states being liberal and having the most electorates voted to maintain the poor's status quo.

o

Oh that's an interesting perspective. So people, like the liberals posters on this forum, vote Democratic because it is to their advantage to have a class of people who, don't work , suck up their tax dollars and have no influence in electing a Democratic President......got it!

What possible advantage do liberal voters garner from maintaining the poor status quo?

o

It does sort of shoot holes in the theory, doesn't it? The poorest states with the most Federal 'entitlements' vote Republican. Which sorta shoots holes in the theory that Democrats do this to stay in power.

o

Posted by esh_ga z7 GA (My Page) on Tue, Aug 14, 12 at 14:56

---------------------------------------------------------

Don't believe we do.
Hopefully we have a winning team this year.

The worse liberals can throw at Romney is :
Stiff, not liked, unseen taxes, might not understand the mindset of the takers & moochers,
MIGHT have sent jobs overseas,
legally put his own money in an off shore bank ,
doesn't have a pretty smile, dresses too nice and blah blah blah.

Stack that up next to the serious adjectives attached to Obama.
As for Biden...Obama chose him...nuth said .

o

David, I have tried to make that point several times. Those that are labelled as wanting, or being dependent upon, social programmes are NOT the people who elect Presidents but the facts don't stand up against the prejudice.

o

CW, thanks for the towel recommendation. I use the vicks but have never used the towels.

Oh that's an interesting perspective. So people, like the liberals posters on this forum, vote Democratic because it is to their advantage to have a class of people who, don't work , suck up their tax dollars and have no influence in electing a Democratic President......got it!
What possible advantage do liberal voters garner from maintaining the poor status quo?

I am hoping the liberals can answer that.

o

More games from Houseful.

Why don't you answer all the questions that you left unanswered here before you disappeared from that thread too.

Pathetic.

o

The answer from liberals is they don't. They vote for social programmes like healthcare, education assistance, environmental protection, the end to corporate welfare as well as the end to war and aggression.

There is absolutely no truth in any statement that suggests liberals want to keep the poor and disenfranchised "in their place."

So now you answer my question....what would be their motivation to do so? But you won't because it it's a fallacy perpetuated by those who have been told what to think.

o

Not being a liberal, I can only guess. So, if it's not power, than maybe it's a way to assuage your guilt about not being more charitable and less wasteful? You know, a "have the government take care of things so I don't have" to mentality.

The idea that conservatives are told what to think is also a lie that you people like to perpetuate. I know, I know, it makes you feel superior. Why is it that you don't realize everything liberals say comes from the Talking Points Memo website, MSNBC or Hollywood?

o

Posted by houseful (My Page) on Sat, Aug 18, 12 at 21:51

"Not being a liberal, I can only guess. So, if it's not power, than maybe it's a way to assuage your guilt about not being more charitable and less wasteful?"

IMO that's a good guess, House. I have several so called "libs" in my family, so I know a lot about the mindset. My brother and SIL are two, and I can see the guilt factor. That's interesting.

o

So now liberals are not charitable and are wasteful with huge guilt feelings so they vote for Democrats who will maintain the poor's status quo.

That's well thought out, it must be becasue Elvis agrees.

o

Is projection. And it ain't pretty.

o

As a matter of fact, if it is projection, it IS pretty. MY projection is pretty. Now SOME people are prone to nasty projection, but not me; mine's harmless, middle-of-the-road, we all do it, mundane projection.

I doubt my projection even gets most people's backs up. It's all in the wrist, you see.

o

I had to stop reading this as I was getting nauseous.

So sorry lavenderlver, that I got you so nauseous, it certainly wasn't my intent.

Maybe littleonefb could share this rhetoric and absolute nonsense with the Jews in Israel. There are some people in Gaza who might even call littleonefb a liar.

First of all, I was speaking about Jews in the US, how they vote, why they vote the way they do, why they vote for the party that they do and answering the question that houseful was so desperate to have answered.

My comments, my statements are far from "rhetoric and absolute nonsense" as you call it and I have no need to share this with Jews in Israel. As a matter of fact there are many, many "Jews in Israel" that agree with exactly what I said.
Now if you care to disagree with what I stated, that of course, is your choice.
On the other hand, I do know for a fact that what I said is true, verified by relatives and friends, that are Jewish and live in Israel.

You and anyone else that lives in Gaza want to call me a liar, so be it.

This thread is so full of bigotry, anti-semitism, racism it's become one of the most disgusting threads that has been on HT.

Houseful, You are in desperate need of a course in reading comprehension, as I never said or implied anything that you have attributed to me, but rather you are and have been spouting out anti-semitic statements that go way, way back many years, and there is no surprise that your pal and bigot, yes exactly what I said bigot citywoman posts in support of your bigoted, anti-semitic statements in your post.

Maybe you realize it and maybe you don't, but you just spouted out in your posts, that typical anti-semitic garbage that is spouted out on the white supremacist websites.

As has been said, bigotry, racism, anti-semitism is alive and well on HT, you houseful and citywoman have proved it.

It's no surprise, it exists all over the country, all over the world, and it is mostly Jews, yup, house and city, that will fight for you to have the right to say and spread the garbage that you do, because Jews are well aware of what can and does happen when the right to free speech is suppressed.

So the next time, you start thinking, spreading and posting your vitriole of hate, your bigotry, anti-semitic, racist garbage, stop for a second and say thank you to the Jews of America for fighting for you to have that right.

Disgusting as it is, freedom of speech is a vital freedom and tool that is needed in this country, even if it means having people like the 2 of you spouting out like you do.

Guilt factor with liberals, my A$$, that's so ridiculous, it's sick, but then again, it's expected from the right wing. They can't understand what it means to actually care about their fellow man, whether it be in this country or anywhere in the world.

It's been said for many years that the GOP is the party of "Me, myself and I".

All one has to do is read the posts around here on HT and that becomes so blatantly evident, it's actually pathetic.

Projection is not pretty, Maddie, a common tool used to deflect oneself from dealing with reality.

Keep trying house, city, demi, elvis, keep trying to spin things all you want. It's just a shame that none of you have any idea how absolutely ridiculous all of you sound.

It's as if you are running around with your tails between your legs, trying to chase that tail, and you just can't catch it so you spew out the first things that actually come to mind and because you are so warn out from chasing that tail, you make zero sense, there is zero logic in anything you say, but it is full of nothing more than disgust and hate for anyone and everyone that doesn't agree with your conservative thought process and mindset.

Be careful as you keep spinning and spinning everything most of us say here. One day you are going to get so dizzy you are going to fall down, and that could be falling down a flight of stairs and getting very, very seriously hurt. I'm sure none of you would want that to happen.

o

So sad.

o

...and looooong. Really long...I like the mini-rants better. Short, and (rarely) sweet.

o

...and looooong. Really long...I like the mini-rants better. Short, and (rarely) sweet.

Ditto!

...and it is mostly Jews, yup, house and city, that will fight for you to have the right to say and spread the garbage that you do....

Is this a fact, or did you pull this out of a certain body cavity?

o

ROTF ! Take a guess.

o

This is an intelligent discussion?

By the way, how many times do all you posters intend to misspell the word "moron" in this thread? "Maroon" is that very dark reddish/purple coloro--in case you didn't know.

Think I'll wander off to another thread. Bye.

Kate

o

Guess you never watched Bugs Bunny! Loony Tunes were the best and can never be topped by anything produced today!

o

Demi and citywoman, since you endorsed what houseful wrote above @ Sat, Aug 18, 12 at 9:42, you are agreeing with the following regarding why Jews vote for Democratic candidates:

It sounds to me like it's rage against Christianity that is their sole objective.

Do you honestly see no malice in that sentence?

Fllipping the original question posed by houseful: What if the sentence were in reference to the whites voting for GOP candidates having as their sole objective rage against Jews or African Americans ?

o

Thank you for your response littleonefb. First of all, let me say that speaking for or on behalf of a group, whether Jews, blacks, Muslims or other is not intelligent-Last I looked there was no official spokesperson appointed.

You (and others) made an attempt to answer houseful's question by reconciling it with tenents of Judiasm and you now want to claim that these same tenets don't or shouldn't apply to Israel and Israelis? I don't buy that (and I find your attempt to qualify this by 'knowing' many people in Israel very silly) nor would any person with an iota of common sense buy into that.

"It sounds to me like it's rage against Christianity that is their sole objective. For both Jews and Blacks, it seems following the crowd is what's important. Not sure that makes them independent thinkers."

Could you please clarify the above statement(s), houseful? I am hoping it was a tongue in cheek response to a prior post, as historically, many of the most independent thinkers were Jewish or black.

o

Whatever paulines.

o

Of course it was tongue-in-cheek. The libs are constantly reiterating that Jews and blacks overwhelmingly vote Democrat and then the reasons given always seem to fall back on religion. The also continue to repeat that the GOP is full of Christians. So, putting two and two together, based on what the libs are saying, I posted that sentence.

I understand the horrible atrocities in history. However, I didn't grow up in a family that categorized people. My parents are first generation American and then my father was in the military. We were surrounded by such of mix of cultures and religions that I never thought twice about our differences.

The motive for the Dems contant "racist" and "bigot" attacks on the GOP is to raise a generation that hopefully forgets the Democrats true history. It seems to be working.

o

Posted by dublinbay z6 KS (My Page) on Sun, Aug 19, 12 at 10:07

"This is an intelligent discussion?
By the way, how many times do all you posters intend to misspell the word "moron" in this thread? "Maroon" is that very dark reddish/purple coloro--in case you didn't know."

Here you go, Kate. Rest easy; it's called humor.

www.urbandictionary.com/define

"Maroon. Term made famous by Bugs Bunny meaning a pushover, or one easily fooled. A dope, fool, idiot, or nincompoop. Unbelievably stupid person."

Posted by esh_ga z7 GA (My Page) on Tue, Aug 14, 12 at 14:56

"Yeah, but he's OUR maroon. You have your own .... ;) "

Esh got that. It's good to know you are an independent thinker.

Speaking of misspelling, what's a "coloro"?

o

What is "coloro"? An obvious typo, as most readers realized.

Thank you for the info on Bugs Bunny. I did not know it--and I'm not sure all the posters did either since some of them seem to be using the word(on this thread and others) to mean something more like "idiot."

But that's neither here nor there--not important in the big scheme of things, is it.

Continue on with your "aren't I cute" routine. Pardon me if I don't call you "adorable."

Kate

o

You are welcum, Kate. You think I'm cute, ay? Thanks.

o

Houseful, if your remarks were in jest, why didn't you state so yesterday @ Sat, Aug 18, 12 at 14:01 when you were challenged? Instead, this is what you wrote:

Littleone and Marquest state that Jews and blacks overwhelmingly vote Democrat as a group because of (from what I understand) anger or fear. I state that it sounds like group-think, so that makes me a bigot.

Doesn't seem as if you were joking then; you even took pains to omit your original characterization - rage at Christianity. But today you are joking after having been challenged by a number of people...

o

This thread is totally disgusting. House makes racist comments. Disgusting. Citywoman, of course, supports those statements. Disgusting, but expected. House is called out on those statements, and then of course, those comments were tongue-in-cheek. Stop trying to hide your disgusting bigotry. It comes through loud and clear. Like I said way up thread, own your words. Stop being such a coward.

o

I guess if the libs say I am a bigot (and it takes one to know one), then I must be. Well, I am somewhat of the designated holiday host. So, does this mean I can't have anymore holidays at my house with my very multi-cultural, multi-racial family and friends? They won't be happy!

o

House and CW are peas in a pod. Add Elvis with their cutesy one liners which apparently they think are humorous because they can't answer any serious questions put to them. Deflection at it's best!

o

I guess if the libs say I am a bigot (and it takes one to know one), then I must be

Yeah, right, because I call you racist and a bigot I must be one? You obviously don't like Jews. Therefore I don't like Jews. So, I must hate myself.

Please, just own up to what you are.

A little bit of info for you - just because you host a multi-cultural event in your home does NOT mean you are not a bigot. Bigots often go to great lenghts to try and prove they are not what they are. Window dressing.

o

Posted by lily316 z5PA (My Page) on Sun, Aug 19, 12 at 14:28

"House and CW are peas in a pod. Add Elvis with their cutesy one liners which apparently they think are humorous because they can't answer any serious questions put to them. Deflection at it's best!"

Coming from you that means--nothing. You've never posted anything of substance. When I have an imperfect or even stupid post, at least I'm trying to have a discussion...most the time. You, on the other hand, present like a mean 10 year old on the playground yelling from the sidelines.

o

IMO there has been a lot of Bigot talk.

House you have said over and over that Minorities and Jews vote Democrat. You are the one that repeat that Minorities and Jews vote Democrat. That is your perception drilled into your head by your party.

Your other impression is minorities are the ones that are a drain on the economy and want and get entitlement. When in fact it is not minorities getting the bulk of entitlements it is Non-minorities. That is why it is said you vote against your own best interest. The Conservative talking point has been they "the others" are looking for free stuff. When the fact is it is poor rural Whites that get the free stuff. The ones living in the trail parks, on the farms, mental disabilities, poor health care and nutritional issues that is the bulk of where the FREE STUFF is going.

Elvis IMO that's a good guess, House. I have several so called "libs" in my family, so I know a lot about the mindset. My brother and SIL are two, and I can see the guilt factor. That's interesting.

That is a dysfunctional family issue. You say "so called libs" that is exactly a good description. "So Called" I wonder who are calling them libs. A dysfunction you describe is a dysfunctional family that have problems that would include you since you are part of that family. It is not a family upbringing to give freely. You cannot judge others of your personal exposure.

House that is funny. You are not the first to pull that somme of my best friends are minority talking point out of your bag. I seem to remember Nik came up with the minority DIL. Why is this some get out of Bigot card to play?

It is no mystery that the younger generation have no stomach for racism. They general go against the family marching orders. Some marry/date out of their race/religion just to anger the family and some because they know it is a ignorant, illiterate, stupid position to live happily ever after down their parents path.

As the proclaimed designated host I would bet that if you tried to use your bigot mind you would be alone. If you tried to not invite anyone because their mate is a minority you would not be the designated host. You would be sitting there alone with the hatred in your heart, bigot in one hand and what did I do wrong in the other hand. The unhappy one would be you and you know that is a fact.

Okay, back to my happy Sunday, I have friends coming over tonight. It finally cooled off and I can hang over the grill and we can enjoy an evening sitting on the patio.

Oh and by the way they are all my friends and I have no need to count and announce of how many of them are minorities. They are all friends. Color and religion is not an issue in my heart, home, and family.

o

I'm feeling that liberal guilt now...I don't have any black friends. There you have it, the horrible truth. But I do have a really good friend who has a black friend !!!

o

I couldn't fathom going through life for 30, 40, 60 years and not having friends that represent diversity in color, religion, sexual preference, interests and personalities. How sad Chase.

o

"I couldn't fathom going through life for 30, 40, 60 years and not having friends that represent diversity in color, religion, sexual preference, interests and personalities. How sad Chase."

....and you deduced this how?

o

Before this thread expires I need to say ...I think you nailed it Maddie.

o

Excuse me Chase, I didn't mean to come off snarky. I just find it incredulous that there aren't any black people in your life that you can claim among your friends. I live and work in an area with many black people, so it would be really difficult and unnatural not to have black friends.

o

Right back at you Elvis about not posting anything of substance. For some one who conveniently didn't pay attention the eight year Bush ruined the country..pathetic.I WAS paying attention.

o

Bigots often go to great lenghts to try and prove they are not what they are. Window dressing.

Yes, yes they do!!

House you have said over and over that Minorities and Jews vote Democrat. You are the one that repeat that Minorities and Jews vote Democrat. That is your perception drilled into your head by your party.

Oh, no, Marquest. I believe it was actually YOU that brought this up and I went with it asking why in a few other threads.

Your other impression is minorities are the ones that are a drain on the economy and want and get entitlement.

I also never said this. What I said was, after the discussion on racism, that entitlements are destroying minorities. Not the same thing at all.

It is no mystery that the younger generation have no stomach for racism. They general go against the family marching orders. Some marry/date out of their race/religion just to anger the family and some because they know it is a ignorant, illiterate, stupid position to live happily ever after down their parents path.

I am grateful my parents didn't categorize people and I don't teach my kids to categorize people either. Only the libs raise their children that way.

o

Chase--yep.

Posing as newbie, not to mention the mimicking of Epi's username.

Beyond pathetic.

o

. Only the libs raise their children that way.

But no "lib" made this statement. It sounds to me like it's rage against Christianity that is their sole objective. For both Jews and Blacks, it seems YOU did.

No surprise since it is one of the latest talking points on the r/w blogs.

Posing as newbie, not to mention the mimicking of Epi's username.

Beyond pathetic.

LOL Maddie.
Bigots and now sockpuppets...tsk tsk.

"Bigotry and judgment are the height of insecurity." I would think that adults acting as a sockpuppet could be included here too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here