Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flopper by Proxy Syndrome

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 16, 12 at 10:05

Flop syndrome after coming close to someone with full blown flip floppers syndrome Ryan seems to have caught it by proxy at least.

"Mitt Romney's efforts to attack President Obama's $716 billion in Medicare savings have been complicated by the fact that his running mate Rep. Paul Ryan embraced the same cuts in his sweeping budget blueprint.

But on Wednesday, Romney dealt with that by declaring that Ryan now wants to roll back the cuts, which don't touch benefits and only affect what the government reimburses to health care providers.

"Well, first of all, Congressman Ryan has joined my campaign and his campaign is my campaign now. And we're on the exactly the same page," Romney told CBS News. "And my campaign has made it very clear: The president's cuts of $716 billion to Medicare those cuts are going to be restored if I become president and Paul Ryan becomes vice president."

The cuts, which were adopted under the Affordable Care Act, extend the life of Medicare by eight years, according to the Congressional Budget Office. Republicans unanimously voted against Obamacare but nearly all voted for the Ryan proposal that kept the cuts.

The Wisconsin congressman's effective walk-back complicates his budget math by rescinding $716 billion that he hoped to use to fund large tax cuts in his blueprint."

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flopper by Proxy Syndrome

I keep seeing Nixon, holding up his fingers in what appears as two peace signs while uttering over and over the words, "I am not a crook!", as his jowls shake in that loose skinned frown. It's just a visual video embedded in my mind that seems apropos to the Republican campaign at the moment.

You can fool some of the people all the time, I guess... I dunno.

o

• Posted by kwoods Cold z7 Long Is (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 16, 12 at 11:39

I think the guy lies so much it's kind of lost its impact... it is expected. It is interesting to me that anyone would still consider voting for this man, it could not possibly be based on his changeable policy positions because not even he can say what they will be tomorrow.

o

Romney is the not-Obama and therefore will be excused for all flips and flops - past, present and future.

What's a little lie, or two, or three dozen, when a Kenyan Marxist threatens to destroy Western Civilization the U.S.

o

Thu, Aug 16, 12 at 13:05

Imagine if the Republicans had put forward a credible candidate....

(BTW, Kenyan Marxists is a great name for a band...)

o

everything is fine, he "ain't no Obama" so what's the problem?

Tis the attitude of those that support the GOP candidate, even on this forum.

Anyone of the GOP, "dog and pony show, circus" that was going on during the primary run up for delegates, would be fine, as long as it isn't Obama.

Didn't I read that on HT over and over again? Was it Demi or MrsK or both of them that kept saying that over and over again?

They just got to get that Obama out of the White House. Get the Republican in there, any Republican and everything will be fine and dandy.

Guess them Republicans, they are full of magic and perfection and capable of pulling off miracles. Get them in the White House and perfection will abound. Jobs galore, job creators doing their thing and creating jobs, economy will be perfect, nothing to worry about.

Yup and I still got the bridge in Brooklyn I can sell you for real cheap.

o

Yup. Get the GOP in there and the rich get richer while the poor look for food in the woods.

o

Anyone of the GOP, "dog and pony show, circus" that was going on during the primary run up for delegates, would be fine, as long as it isn't Obama.

Didn't I read that on HT over and over again? Was it Demi or MrsK or both of them that kept saying that over and over again?

They just got to get that Obama out of the White House. Get the Republican in there, any Republican and everything will be fine and dandy.

Guess them Republicans, they are full of magic and perfection and capable of pulling off miracles. Get them in the White House and perfection will abound. Jobs galore, job creators doing their thing and creating jobs, economy will be perfect, nothing to worry about.

o

Posted by littleonefb z5MA (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 16, 12 at 16:09

You again misrepresent me and/or mrskjun.
(I'm betting she will agree with me).

I've said many times I'm not sure anyone can do better, but I don't think anyone can do worse than Obama--not necessarily at this juncture, but for the future of this country.

Obama demonizes and disparages individual achievement and financial success.

If you don't have it, there won't be money to pay for Obama's liberal social programs or ANY social programs or defense or much of anything else.

I don't know of ANY posters who has said that if a Republican is elected everything will be "fine and dandy."

That's why there's no use in even bothering to converse with people that lie about what other people say--you can't even start out a conversation with the truth.

o

I think it's time for a moratorium on the word "disparage".

o

Thu, Aug 16, 12 at 19:44

I was thinking the same thing re. "juncture".

o

I'm wondering what Demi's post has to do with the topic AKA the original post!

o

"Obama demonizes and disparages individual achievement and financial success."

I must watch and listen to totally different news coverage as well as coverage of the President's speeches.

I hear him constantly stressing the importance of education, of striving to accomplish the "American Dream". I have never once heard him ever disparage personal or financial success. Quite the opposite,

I guess there are those that think a modest tax hike on the wealthy is disparaging them but that's not how the majority of Americans feel according to polls.

"(I'm betting she will agree with me). "

I'm betting you're right!

o

I'm not getting into petty arguments over who said what (though I definitely have an opinion on that), but it has been emphatically stated more that once on this forum that "anyone but Obama" will be a decided improvement since Obama is planning on driving us all over the cliff. A Republican is needed to save this country, etc.

NOT!!!!!

I almost have nightmares when I contemplate the idea of Romney's and Ryan's appalling ideas becoming the norm in this country. To me, that would be the fall of the U.S.--and you can even cite my name as the source of that statement.

Kate

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here