Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Today's the day

Posted by david52 z5CO (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 1, 12 at 10:40

August 1, 2012, the following health care benefits under Obamacare, for new polices. No copay, no deductible.

Well-woman visits.
Screening for gestational diabetes.
Human papillomavirus testing.
Counseling for sexually transmitted infections.
Counseling and screening for human immune-deficiency virus.
Contraceptive methods and counseling. ** (see note) (,at link) .
Breastfeeding support, supplies, and counseling.
Screening and counseling for interpersonal and domestic violence.

As a husband and a father, I don't have any problem with paying higher insurance premiums to cover this.

Here is a link that might be useful: link

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Today's the day

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 1, 12 at 10:59

Well I am pleased to say that as of today our monthly health ins premium dropped by 1.5%. While I can't say that this is a braggable amount or that it's related to "Obamacare" I can say without doubt that I've never see it reduced before, ever.

o

Do men get well man visits? Do they get contraceptive counseling and free sexually transmitted infection and HIV counseling. What about interpersonal domestic violence against males?

If not? Why not?

I don't really see much of this as new. Many of these things have always been available through planned parenthood and the local health clinics since the 60's. Only people had to make the effort to go get the services.

o

Many of these things have always been available through planned parenthood

If they pay for them. Planned parenthood services are not free.

o

Do men get well man visits? Do they get contraceptive counseling and free sexually transmitted infection and HIV counseling. What about interpersonal domestic violence against males?

yes

o

Good thing.

I was wondering how long it'll take to think something up to make it look bad.

o

I can't imagine anyone could look at that list and not say it's a good thing!

As for PP, yes much of those services are offered, some free some charged, but there is a very strong movement in the Republican party to stop funding PP. Additionally I believe most people would prefer to attend their own primary care doctor for such services.

o

Meant to add that I find it somewhat amusing that as each of these things are introduced the conservatives don't seem to mind them one little bit.

Wonder how it will all play out should the Republicans gain control and repeal the Affordable Healthcare Act? My bet is they won't repeal most of it because even conservatives like the piece parts just not the whole.

o

I really enjoyed that the Republican candidate, Mr. Mitt Romney praised Israel's National Health care-

"You spend 8 percent of GDP on health care. And you're a pretty healthy nation."

It's a shame he doesn't seem to realize that their health care depends on government regulation. The kind of regulation he wants to destroy in this country.

Here is a link that might be useful: Health Care in Israel- Wiki

o

I think he just speaks without connecting much of what he says beyond the moment. If caught in it he simply denies it or shrugs

o

This is great. I don't pay well care copays for my kids and now I wont for myself and it is not free but enhanced benefits since we pay for insurance. This simply forces insurance to pay for our actual care.

o

Or says his infamous "that's not what I meant, when I said that" kind of absurdity.

He's good with that claim.

o

WEEEEPERS CREEPERS
Pennsylvania Rep. Mike Kelly compared August 1, 2012 to the attacks on Pearl Harbor and the September 11 in a press conference on Capitol Hill Wednesday.
Really ?

o

And the Republican "wingnuts" really believe they can win in Nov. and take back the white house and congress?

With this kind of insanity going on, the may find most of their members locked up in straight jackets instead.

o

WEEEEPERS CREEPERS
Pennsylvania Rep. Mike Kelly compared August 1, 2012 to the attacks on Pearl Harbor and the September 11 in a press conference on Capitol Hill Wednesday.

It's worth reading the article for the quotes from the panda clowns.

Here is a link that might be useful: linky

o
Re: Today's the day

NOTICE TO THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA:

WE HAVE HAD UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE FOR ALL CANADIAN CITIZENS AND PERMANENT RESIDENTS SINCE 1966. IN SOME OF OUR PROVINCES, PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT HEALTH CARE BEGAN IN 1946.

OUR ECONOMY HAS NOT COLLAPSED FROM PAYING THE COSTS. WE ARE NOT REQUIRED TO WEAR SOCIALIZED WORKERS' UNIFORMS, RECITE QUOTES FROM CHAIRMAN MAO, OR SING A VERSE OF THE INTERNATIONAL PRIOR TO OBTAINING HEALTH CARE. DESPITE WHAT YOU MAY HAVE BEEN TOLD.

SO: YOUR U.S. ECONOMY SHOULD BE SAFE FROM SOCIALIZED DESTRUCTION FOR ROUGHLY ANOTHER 45 YEARS. BETTER DO SOMETHING ABOUT THOSE BANKS THOUGH, EH?

(THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE CANADIAN CENTRAL PLANNING COMMITTEE, COMRADES.)

All the best,
-Patrick

p.s. Seriously, congratulations. :) It's good to see y'all join every other developed country in the world. I hope the national infant mortality rates start to drop, soon.

o

Thank you Patrick and your posted notice.

How health care for all citizens can be construed into some kind of horrible, evil idea, let alone something to fear, is beyond comprehension.

Just boggles the mind, doesn't it.

o
Re: Today's the day

Littleonefb, indeed. I try to laugh it away. Glad things are starting to change in the States, now.

All the best,
-Patrick

o

The insurance companies got exactly what they lobbied for, more profits.

Don't believe this is coming from the generous hearts in Washington. It's a profitable cause for their friends in the insurance industry. There's a premium for that!..Somebody pays and somebody makes a profit. As long as our government is in bed with insurers, we are not treated fairly.

And why aren't personal lubricants covered? Middle aged and older women require personal lubricants to remedy vaginal dryness. Those prescriptions costs on average $50 to $75 per month. Affordable health care is discriminating against those women.

o

Agree - if they cover the little blue pills for old men then they should cover lubricants for old women.

o

The insurance companies got exactly what they lobbied for, more profits.

which is why I seriously doubt that this is ever going to be repealed, Republican Congress / Romney president or not.

o

which is why I seriously doubt that this is ever going to be repealed, Republican Congress / Romney president or not.

Oh, won't the people that vote for them be disappointed!

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 2, 12 at 9:59

yeah, but they keep forgetting and forgiving for some reason.

o

ugh...basic woman's health coverage bitterly compared to prescription lubricants.

o

yeah, but they keep forgetting and forgiving for some reason.

Yeah, like when they said they would work on JOBS in 2010.

o

Madmagic thank you for your Notice.

Although this Health Bill is not perfect. I see it as a big step toward a better America. Most of the progress in America have been started with baby steps. We will get to your civilized mind of Health Care for all in the years to come. I hope it will not be long but I know it will come. President Obama has made the first step possible.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here