Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
dangerous Canadian small talk

Posted by frank_il z5Illinois (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 14, 12 at 12:23

Apparently a police officer from Michigan does not feel safe with all the ruffians running around Calgary parks.

Here is a link that might be useful: Canadian

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: dangerous Canadian small talk

• Posted by momj47 7A..was 6B (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 14, 12 at 12:52

LOL, goodness....he would have shot them. Polite Canadians are just too much for some of us. I wonder why he and his wife were in Calgary, anyway, did they know about the Stampede.

And those rude Canadians in British Columbia, buying all our milk!

o

Makin' small talk is a shootin' offence where he's from!

Well, in his defense, it does help avoid those awkward elevator situations.

o

On Friday, DH and I just returned from 5 days in BC and Alberta. We left on Monday, not knowing it was a holiday for Canadians so there was a lonng line at the border going into Canada. Cars, trucks and RVs were cutting in the line as they exited the "Duty Free" shops. People in our line just kept letting them in to the consternation of a lot of us waiting to creep forward. Then, it dawned on me, "they're Canadians!". However, after about 45 minutes of this, I got fed up and walked to the place where they were cutting in line and stood in front of a huge RV "bus" and told the driver he would have to run over me if he wanted to get in line before many of the cars that had been in line for 45 minutes or more. I got a lot of "you go, girl" and thumbs-up (from Canadians - no USains were in line near us). And, we finally got through.

We talked with a lot of Canadians (saw very few USains) and they all thought our politics and we, by extension, were crazy. And, the mention of Sarah Palin just brought hoots. We were also at a European-style bed and breakfast and talked with Germans, Belgians and a Chinese woman (they all spoke excellent English). They just don't understand how we have come to be so dumb when choosing our politicians.

o

They just don't understand how we have come to be so dumb when choosing our politicians.

HA!

Trust me, we're all pretty dumb when choosing our politicians. I guess that's why politicians are politicians...they make the rest of us believe their BS. Don't feel bad, the rest of us are just as dumb as Americans when it comes to choosing our representatives.

o

dockside - Hope you had a good time. Did you feel that you needed a gun while you were here? (well except for those border line-up crashers.)

And most of those people weren't even at the duty free - they just drove off at the exit and straight through and back into line. They tick off everyone.

o

You won't let us carry guns up there. And now, to top it off you are riher than us.

Here is a link that might be useful: Stephen talking about your wealth

o

Not only are we riher frank we are thnner and btter lking too.

o

Ouch

o

Good one, ink. LOL

kate

o

Showed the article to hubby.

He's wondering if we go to New York and someone asks us if we've been to the Statue of Liberty yet, is it considered fair game to brandish a gun and tell them they are not welcome to speak to us? Or do we just start blasting away and ask questions later? We're not really sure of the proper protocol...

o

P.S. Yes, I think it would be fair to smack me down for being sarcastic or condescending. This time I really am.

o

My favorite part is that he had the nerve to write a letter to the newspaper about it. Imagine how he would have reacted if Girl Scouts strong armed him to buy cookies.

o

Well, I don't know... it might be well to remember that (according to dozens of insufferable honor my 2nd. amendment rights or I might have to exercise my second amendment rights threads) everyone else in the vicinity is carrying. Flash that gun and it'll be rockets red glare, bombs bursting in air.

o

it might be well to remember that (according to dozens of insufferable honor my 2nd. amendment rights or I might have to exercise my second amendment rights threads) everyone else in the vicinity is carrying

Wasn't there a movie with a scene like that? Little old ladies yanking out their guns, etc... maybe one of the Naked Gun movies or something along those lines?

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 14, 12 at 18:54

.....well we do have another embarassment here in Ohio that wants to build a wall across our southern border and "just start shooting", better be nice or he will send his followers north.

At least this guy is a cop, so we know the weapon is in the hand of one of the good guys.

rabbit holes and mad hatters

o

we do have another embarassment here in Ohio that wants to build a wall across our southern border

I hope that's our international border, and not the Ohio state line. We can handle the nutters blathering about the Mexico-U.S. border, but shootin' across state lines takes crazy to a much higher level. (Not excluding that someone in California might want a shooting match with Arizona, or Nevada, or Oregon, or all three. Or to invade Baja.)

o

lolol nancy!

o

Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on Tue, Aug 14, 12 at 18:54

"..At least this guy is a cop, so we know the weapon is in the hand of one of the good guys."

Whew! Further proof that only cops should be armed...

"Posted by nancy_in_venice_ca SS24 z10 CA (My Page) on Tue, Aug 14, 12 at 19:04

""we do have another embarassment here in Ohio that wants to build a wall across our southern border""
"I hope that's our international border, and not the Ohio state line."

Good one, Nancy~~

o

Tue, Aug 14, 12 at 19:42

Nah Nancy ol Joe the Plumber wants to blast away at those brown skinned folks ... so this would be the US/Mexican border.

Rabbit holes and Mad Hatters

o

Still waiting for the punch line......It's a joke right? It is isn't it?

o

Tue, Aug 14, 12 at 20:50

Chase not sure who you are addressing, but if it is me than no there is no punch line.

Plumber Joe's exact quote was: "put a damn fence on the border going with Mexico and start shooting."

This was during a campaign fundraiser.

Here is a link that might be useful: source of course

o

Which sage person on this forum recently said....

"you can't make this stuff up"

o

Someone posted a funfact on twitter:

Fun Fact. Murders in 2010:
Kalamazoo (Pop 74K) 14
Calgary (Pop 1.1M) 15

o

LOL

First rule of Stampede. Don't talk about Stampede!

o

Yes Ohiomom, I heard that the other day.

I will reserve my remark about ole' Joe the plumber who wasn't.

o

And we wonder why the rest of the world hates us. I'd bet my last dollar he's a Republican too. Imagine writing a letter to the paper? What a dolt.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here