Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another RIP

Posted by duluthinbloomz4 zone 4a (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 20, 12 at 17:19

Phyllis Diller at age 95. A rapid fire, quick witted and funny lady.

Rest in peace, Phyllis.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another RIP

So funny......really, really funny. I likely will sound like an old fuddy , duddy in saying those were the good old days of comedy. Phyllis Diller, Flip Wilson, George Carlin, Bill Cosby, and the "one ringy dingy" lady whose name temporarily escapes me.

RIP Phyllis...you made me laugh and for that I thank you.

o

I loved Phyllis Diller.
One Ringy Dingy Mr Vidal this is Miss Tomlin of the telephone Company is Lilly Tomlin. Calling the late Gore Vidal!

o

RIP Phyllis!

My heart goes out to Fang!

o

Fang died in 1993.

-Ron-

o

When I was a kid I thought that Phyliss Diller was the funniest person on the planet.

Thank you for giving us so many laughs and smiles.

o

She had an antique harpsichord which I saw her play on TV years ago. She was really, really good! I was impressed.

-Ron-

o

Crazy crazy lady. She was one of a kind who kept us laughing for decades. She didn't even start till she was 40. I remember her on the old Tonight show. Good life well lived.

o

Anybody remember Lenny Bruce?

o

You mean of the "If you can take the hot lead enema, then you can cast the first stone", Lenny Bruce?

Much too edgy to be in Ms. Diller's class.

o

A very funny stand-up comic and talented as an artist and pianist as well. Didn't she divorce Fang not long after she become successful?

o

I will always remember that goofy laugh of hers!

Some years back, she had some very expensive jewelry stolen from her hotel room. I remember her talking about it on TV, and encouraging people to put their money into something more useful. I've been collecting vintage costume jewelry for a few years now, and liked her advice. I love picking up a beautiful piece from mid-century for $50 or less, and having people admire it like it cost a lot more.

One of these days I am going to find the right piece, it's going to be marked Birks, and I am going to splurge. I LOVE those seed pearls.

o

Didn't she divorce Fang not long after she become successful?

I believe that she once stated that even though her husbands changed, Fang was a constant.

o

A very funny lady... so sad to see her go.

I loved her raw openness...

o

Anybody remember Lenny Bruce?
"To is a preposition come is a verb" your under arrest!
the cafe is now a bank & the idea that that is obscenity would be ridiculous by today's standards.

o

• Posted by momj47 7A..was 6B (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 21, 12 at 12:12

And William Windom. I remember him best from the show "My World and Welcome to it" where he played a James Thurber-like writer and cartoonist. Didn't last long, sadly. My introduction to Thurber, who I really enjoy.

I believe he was also in Murder, She Wrote, but that part was not as good.

All the pioneers of television are going. It's kind of sad.

o

She was hilarious.

She was the anti-happy-homemaker;
she said her ideal kitchen would contain an oven that flushed.

o

I remember William Windom well. We're losing all the old stars these days.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here