Return to the Hot Topics Forum

o
Is it going to get any more disgusting than this?

Posted by mrskjun 9 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 7, 12 at 18:21

How low is it going to go. Blaming Romney for the death of a woman years after he had even left Bain Capital? These are the kinds of ads that make you want to go and take a bath they are so slimey. This PAC run by Obama's former press secretary has really lowered the bar.

Here is a link that might be useful: link

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is it going to get any more disgusting than this?

I agree it reminds me of the sort of disgusting ads run against Obama by superpacs.

o

Like which ones kt. Especially those that blamed him for cancer deaths? Or anyone's death?

o

Romneys ads are direct hits at Obama's failings and bad choices in government.

This company closed down a few years after Bain invested in it...the mans wife died years later.

As a cancer survivor I am appalled that cancer would be used as a tool to try to get someone .
The nastiness of this ad to throw cancer out in the ring has to be sickening to all cancer patients and survivors.

The President of the United States of America has hit the skids with this one. Shame on him.

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 7, 12 at 18:39

....the ad marks a steady escalation in recent weeks in the charges being flung by both sides -- particularly by the super PACs, which are not technically an organ of the campaigns.(fox news)

It might help if "we the people" could get the big money pocketbooks (from both sides) out of the government that used to represent "we the people".

Is there an American People Lobby? How about a super pac run by Jane and John Doe America?

Money talks and bulls&&t walks, right through the halls of congress and the whitehouse.

Is this where I am supposed to say ... your guy does it too?

o

This is payback for falsely claiming the same thing about Teddy, may he rest in peace. Speaking of which, I wonder what that meeting was like when he crossed over and saw Mary Jo.

o

Well, there is always the innocent bystanders killed by Obama's drone attacks. Can you see that ad?

o

Can you see that ad?

I doubt that we'll ever see anything like it since Romney is running to the right of President Obama in Middle East sword rattling.

Drones against Iran! And the Romney voters will applaud!

o

Sadly, Mskjun, it's going to get far more disgusting!

o

Tue, Aug 7, 12 at 19:17

....and guess who is profiting from Super Pacs?

Hint: It's NOT Mitt Romney.

Here is a link that might be useful: Warning Warning Warning Liberal Biased Link :)

o

It's already been disgusting you guys have been at it for the last couple of years.
It started the night of the Inauguration for the Party. Started the day after the win on here with the hateful pack of women all going on about the dress Michelle was wearing so it & should be a bumpity bump finale.
The day after it will start all over again accept we will probably lose more sore losers like we did the last time!
Who know it might be me! We will just have to wait.
The chagrin needs a follow light & a little less rouge!

o

Like which ones kt. Especially those that blamed him for cancer deaths? Or anyone's death?

You mean like saying he wanted to release murderers on Americans (closeing GITMO), murdered border agent Terry, calling him a baby killer, suggesting birth control is the same as murder, saying Obamacare has death panels, comparing preventive care to 911, Pearl Harbor, Hitler, Stalin, etc. or suggesting Obama wants to put Israel in mortal jeopardy? Those ones.

o

The man was interviewed and he did say he did not know how long she had cancer, But if you follow the Conservative play book... Lets examine your way of running the gov't

-Personal Responsibility = It was his fault he lost his job
-Programs to help people when they need help = Personal Responsibility. Why should the rich people pay more taxes you out of work bums are worried about somebody's money
-ObamaCare = Repeal you do not need affordable health care. Repeal Obama Care

So she would die with Romney under his leadership as a businessman or President.

Did I get that right.

o

Got to love these pacs they can say almost ANYTHING!

o

I also can't believe your mocking this mans grief!

o

Tue, Aug 7, 12 at 20:14

And since few if any will read my link, the broadcasters love the superpacs more cause they are "cleaning up". Throw my mud please !!

This man's grief is nothing, all that is important is that the rich corporate president of choice wins.

o

Marquest...none of that has anything to do with this ad.
Evidently none of you are cancer suvivors.

Cancer is as personal as you can get and for it to be taken so casual
and lightly that it would be used in a political ad is deplorable.

Someone had to "hunt" that man down(wonder who that could have been)
and offered him no telling how much to do that ad.....if he isn't an actor.

I'm not even going to address this issue anymore.
This is too close to home for me and down and dirty.

o

CW do you not think that man suffered? No one made him do the ad. He felt his wife did not tell him she was sick because she knew he was out of a job. When he found a job it was making so much less and they did not have the money for the doctor.

You probably know more than me. But I know good health care is the #1 survival outcome. No job, no health care, negative outcome.

You are a survivor his wife is not. Do you see his pain. It cannot be about you. I realize you feel the reality of having cancer but can you feel for the man that lost his wife?

If he chose to come forward and give his opinion in a ad or interviews it is his pain to share as he choose. That is not for anyone to deny him how he feels of losing his job, health care and his wife.

It cannot be how anyone feels about what another has to say about their life and the media they choose to express that pain.

o

Snort. Again, come out to swing state country. Its distorted dreck, from both sides, day in, day out, every time you turn on the radio or TV.

Hey, swift boat me once, shame on you. Swift boat me twice, shame on me. Third time, its back at-cha.

o

Sadly this is politics.

But I suspect the OP will chortle with delight if the tables are turned.

o

I found the ad very touching and sad. Is any of it not the truth? If it is the truth, whether he was paid or not, it might have been a relief for him to tell someone, anyone, what his life has been like. He's lost his wife and he's a janitor now. What is he trying to tell us? What are the people who originated the ad trying to tell us? Could this happen to any of us in the future?

o

All of you seem to be ignoring the real issue here. These PACS can say anything they want, they can spend as much as they want and they do it without any approval from the actual candidates.

They can lie, hype things, distort things with complete impunity and everyone thinks they are speaking for the candidate.

These PACS are the final nail in the coffin of a fair and free democratic election process. It has been sold out to special interests. Your founding fathers would not be amused.

o

They are running a whole series of TV ads here, interviewing people who worked at the factories and companies that went bankrupt after they were looted by Bain.

I'm listening to one now, that talks about how, on average, Romney made 93 million for each company that went bankrupt.

o

Tue, Aug 7, 12 at 21:23

Chase I TRIED to point this out more than once already, but then most of these threads are not about discussing serious matters like the issues.

David I have been seeing these ads her in "swing" Ohio. Course many areas of this country look exactly like that and have people with the same stories of loss of not only jobs, but promised pensions and healthcare.

Hey but who cares about them, keep your hand off my money eh?

Lets all root for the corporate-owned politicians!! Woo Hoo!!!

o

Evidently none of you are cancer survivors.
Well, I guess I will have to answer since I appear to have the credentials that you insist on, CW. I found the ad to be very powerful and touching. It's reality; when you lose your job, you lose your insurance. You can try to COBRA but if you don't have the money to pay the exorbitant price, then you are out of luck, which is what happened to this couple. Mitt Romney's job was to dismantle companies and fire people. Fine, but now his has to sleep in the bed he made.

o

It's not really any uglier than what Romney is trying to do to Obama - trying to convince people that we are going the h*** in a handbasket because of this ONE man, that he has not done ANYTHING positive, that everything is just awful, awful, AWFUL.

Obama's not perfect, he hasn't done the right thing every time, but there is no doubt in my mind that this country is BETTER off since he was elected than if McCain had been elected.

o

Yes I know you have OM, and a few others tried but it seems so many want to get into the content of the ads when the real issue is that your entire electoral system has been sold out to special interests and obscene spending.

Unless you get some serious election reform you are on the path, if not already there, to the corrupt systems of government you pretend to abhor. When will the people come together and demand the government you deserve?

o

This man is grief stricken and outraged and wants to vent his ore on the person he believes is even if a small way responsible as a by product of his Vulture Capitalism.
I think its revolting you would want to sniffle his free speech!

o

You talking to me?

I certainty don't want to stifle his free speech. I think he has a valid point....just wish it was managed differently. I think PACS are dangerous

As a cancer survivor myself I could not imagine a situation where the health care I needed was not available to me regardless of my financial situation.

o

I'm talking to anyone who has an issue with this man & what he is doing & saying to the US!
Just more of the don't show us anything we don't want hear it. we don' want to know about it give us our freaking tax cuts an the gluttonous pig who will give them to us.
Absolutely disgusted by this pandering to a faux sense of outrage !

o

Ok, here I am back into this insanity.
I still stand by my claim that this is dirty.
I can't feel very sorry for the man because he KNEW he was
leaving out important info in the ad.
He was probably paid ALOT.

Posted by:
CNN White House Correspondent Brianna Keilar
A new attack ad by a Super PAC backing President Obama appears to blame Mitt Romney for a woman's death from cancer after his company, Bain Capital, shut down the steel mill where the woman's husband worked.

The ad makes it seem like Joe Soptic's wife, Ilyona, lost her battle with cancer shortly after he lost his job at GST Steel in Missouri, where he had worked for almost 30 years.

"When Mitt Romney closed the plant I lost my healthcare, and my family lost their healthcare," Soptic says in the ad put out by Priorities USA Action, the main pro-Obama super PAC. "A short time after that, my wife became ill. I don�t know how long she was sick and I think maybe she didn�t say anything because she knew we couldn�t afford the insurance."

It's a very heart-wrenching story, but it�s not accurate. Here is the actual timeline:

Romney stopped his day-to-day oversight at Bain Capital in 1999 when he left to run the Salt Lake City Olympics, though he officially remained CEO until 2002. Bain Capital shut down GST Steel in 2001, costing Soptic his job.

According to Mr. Soptic, his wife received her primary insurance through her employer � a local thrift store called Savers � and retained it even after his layoff. Soptic's policy through GST Steel was her secondary coverage.

In 2002, Mitt Romney formally left Bain. Sometime in 2002 or 2003, Mr. Soptic says his wife injured her rotator cuff and was forced to leave her job. As a result she lost her health insurance coverage and Mr. Soptic's new job as a janitor did not provide coverage for his spouse.

It was a few years later, in 2006, that Ilyona Soptic went to the hospital with symptoms of pneumonia. She was diagnosed with stage four cancer and passed away just days later.

Joe Soptic, an Obama supporter who appeared in another political ad released by the Obama campaign back in May, told CNN he blames Romney for the loss of his job and his insurance.

"That is the way I feel," Soptic told me over the phone. "Mitt Romney is a very rich man. I mean, it is obvious if you watch him on television he is completely out of touch with the average family, you know middle income people. I don�t think he has any concept as to how when you close a big company how [it] affects families, the community � you know, it affects everyone."

The Romney campaign disputes the ad�s accuracy.

"President Obama's allies continue to use discredited and dishonest attacks in a contemptible effort to conceal the administration's deplorable economic record," Romney spokeswoman Amanda Henneberg said in a statement. "After 42 months of unemployment above 8 percent, it is clear that the President and his campaign do not have a rationale for reelection."

The Obama campaign and the White House are keeping their distance from the debate. During the White House briefing Tuesday, Press Secretary Jay Carney said he hadn't yet seen the ad.

"I'm simply saying that I have not seen this. So how could I possibly assess it?" Carney said.

o

IMHO that's disgusting just disgusting "I can't feel very sorry for the man " terrible!

o

I hope he was paid ALOT (sic). And I do feel sorry for him. If the events are not exactly as he implied, he is speaking for the many people who DID lose their jobs and their insurance when Mr. Romney came along and made his millions on their backs. If you can dispute that with proof then we might have a viable discussion.

o

My husband lost his late wife to cancer when she was 49 years old. He'd like you to know that he's not in the least offended by this ad. He is, however, offended by your insistence in speaking for him.

o

Are you people completely brainwashed.
Go back and read what you are saying.

You are saying the ad is ok.
Its ok the man was used for politics.

He lost his job.....not a lie
His wife had a job....not a lie
He went to work as a janitor....not a lie

She had a health prob and quit her job.....not a lie
She lost HER insurance.....not a lie
She got cancer and passed away.

Six years after he left Bain.

None of this had ANYTHING to do with Bain.
What are you not understanding aboout this story?

The man KNEW Romney had nothing to do with any of this .
He sure stretched and skewered and slanted.
I don't feel sorry for him for that.

I'm sorry he lost his wife to cancer.

o

Oh I hope he gets Millions he deserves it!
Imagine telling him what to feel & how to think!

o

Uh, got that wrong.

o

And this all has what to do with Romney???????
No one has answered that.

Since it has nothing to do with Romney, Obama surrogates
exploited this man . His wife passed away 6 years ago.
Six years after he left Bain.

Ingrid....Your husband can't speak for his deceased wife either. Just like my husband could not speak for me on this subject if he were living. Everyone carries personal
feelings about their cancer . The severity of the disease,
the more intense the feelings.

I'm through with this .....my level of understanding why some people will just get in line with Obama even when it is in your face wrong does not warrant my time.

I will not come back to this post.

Mrsk....my tolerance level on this subject has reached its limit.

o

You sure has heck "got that wrong".

I'm through with this .....my level of understanding why some people will just get in line with Obama even when it is in your face wrong does not warrant my time.

That is your opinion, nothing more than that.

o

Give the crybabies a dose of their own med and hear them whine.

Hilarious.

o
Re: Is it going to get any more disgusting than this?

"The chagrin needs a follow light & a little less rouge!"

Labrea, that's a wickedly funny line. I grinned and LOL'd when I first read it. Thank you. :)

All the best,
-Patrick

Here is a link that might be useful: Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life (Language Warning!)

o

MrsK...It's your right- wing Supreme Court which gave the Super PACS this ability. Funny , I never hear anything about the negative hideous ads about Obama. I say fight fire with fire. Right on. Obama didn't run this ad. The ones he approves of have him on there saying that.

And CW..you will be back, you just can't shut up. I'm guessing there are more than a few cancer survivors on HT and reading it so don't presume to be anyone's spokesperson. Your hatred for Obama trumps all.

Romney, the robot, could give a crap about the average working guy. Footage of him tonight coming from the hardware store in a photo op. Asked what he bought, he said..."hardware stuff"> You can't make this stuff up.

o

let me see if have this right company in question was on the skids when Bain bought into it. If Bain did not buy in it the company would have gone out business anyway. So either way the guy would have been unemployed. cancer or no cancer?

o

That's right cob, and I want to speak directly to Citywoman and others who have suffered from cancer and are concerned about this story. Back then we didn't have Obamacare and the man's wife wasn't fortunate to live in Massachusetts where Romneycare was available, so yes, the man's wife would likely have had the identical issues anyway if he lost his insurance and couldn't afford expensive treatment like so many low and middle class workers who lose their jobs. I'm sure ALL CANCER SURVIVORS CAN AGREE THAT THANKS TO OBAMA AND HIS FREE CANCER SCREENING PROVIDED BY THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT SUCH A SITUATION WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN.

o

"I'm talking to anyone who has an issue with this man & what he is doing & saying to the US! "

Well maybe you best go back an read what I posted.

I have no issue with this man...zero zip none....it's the PACS in general I find worrisome in terms of the money they spend and the fact that they can speak "on behalf" of the candidate yet the candidate had no control over the message.

You OK with PACS and Super PACS?

o

Wait for the debates and skip the ads. It may save your sanity...

o

This ad is the most disgusting ad I've ever heard about because it's apparently not being broadcast yet.

o

And this all has what to do with Romney???????
No one has answered that.

CW, it has everything to do with Romney's campaign, and nothing to do with Bain. Bain is handy for the rhetoric, but a red herring.

a) The man lost his job and lost his healthcare coverage with it.

b) The man's wife died because without proper healthcare screenings, they didn't catch the cancer in time for treatment.

c) Obamacare prevents such a situation because the man would now have access to health insurance despite losing his job.

d) If Romney is elected he has promised to eliminate every facet of Obamacare.

QED.

o

Wed, Aug 8, 12 at 7:08

Morning all and thank you JMC, so I did a search and was unsuccessful ... perhaps MRSK you could provide the link to this gad awful ad that is running? I mean you did start the thread and all so I KNOW you have actually seen this ad right ?

o

Chase, I'm not ok with PACS and Super PACS and bundlers.

Thegreatcob raises a valid point. Does anyone know how many of the companies that Bain capital closed would have closed anyway?

o

You want to watch it all om? ok..here it is.

o

I bet one of those other pacs now will bring a survivor of a Drone attack it would be almost the same.

o

Wed, Aug 8, 12 at 7:31

Thankyou .. living in a swing state I see these Bain ads all day but this one has not aired (yet) here. Maybe they will pull it? So far it seems to have not made it to anything but the news sites.

o

Their next ad needs to point out that Romney invests in child abuse.

o

Seems the Obama campaign has sent out an email asking for dirt on Rubio. I'm sure it doesn't even have to be true if anyone wants to submit something. If he is tapped for VP they want to be ready.

o

Oh, I didn't know you were on the Obama email list, mrskjun!

o

Well, there's always Rubio lying about when his parents came over from Cuba. I guess he was giving a different date to show that they escaped from Communism when they actually came over before Castro. Another liar - he and Romney will get along very well.

o

Why pull it we need more survivors of the economic terrorist to be aired!

o

" Obama campaign has sent out an email asking for dirt on Rubio."

You really need to substantiate that allegation Mrs.

o

Wed, Aug 8, 12 at 8:15

" Obama campaign has sent out an email asking for dirt on Rubio "

Here ya go Chase

Here is a link that might be useful: Fox News

o

This ad is the most disgusting ad I've ever heard about because it's apparently not being broadcast yet.

NOT BROADCAST
NOT BROADCAST
NOT BROADCAST

Does anyone know what this means. Fox News, Rush Limbaugh started the outrage. They were the first to show the ad. It was released to the Cable stations. If the Conservative Cable stations thought it was awful they had the option of not showing the ad.

The Super Pac have not paid a dime for this ad to run. Free advertisement from Cable talking heads. Maybe everyone should be angry with their cable stations for showing the disgraceful ad. They are enjoying showing the ad for money. Your support of watching their station is supporting this ad.

NOT OBAMA AD
NOT OBAMA AD

SUPER PAC
SUPER PAC
SUPER PAC

SUPER PAC AD

All that aside. Is anyone aware of how many people die because they lose their jobs and do not have health care?

The man did not lie. He lost his job. He did not feel that Romney cared. Probably did not care. It was his job. To take over companies if it worked fine if not he still made money. That is what capital punishment (I mean Capital Investment) was about. He made a lot of money and still making a lot of money doing what he did/does best.

Not the Ad or the man that made the ad have anything to do with the President. Romney said during the campaign he cannot tell Super Pacs what to say and do.

You could look at it that the man in the ad is doing what Romney did. He does not care if it is right or wrong it is about the money. Romney did not care he was in it for the money.

o

What - not being shown? What's up with the outrage then?

o

As I said at the top of the thread I agree with Mrskjun that the ad is disgusting. I'm sure Romney would NEVER have permitted someone to lose their life insurance and pension due to a Bain equity restructuring WHILE HE WAS CEO AND PRESIDENT! Oh wait, he WAS CEO and PRESIDENT of Bain at the time and was drawing an annual salary from Bain of $100 K a year and getting a piece of the action and was the single person legally responsible over EVERY Bain acquisition.

Now in any other election year, THAT would be enough for most reasonable people to argue that Romney shares some personal responsibility for the actions of a company he founded, was CEO and President of, and was still earning income from. Not that he has blame for this woman's death from cancer - I think that is a reach - but for the Bain practices he was part of while he was CEO and President and profited from while he was in Utah. Don't tell me he was not in charge during the time he was working on the Olympics - he was - he was legally the only person who had absolute veto power at Bain during the period when this steel plant was closed and other jobs were offshored.

But the only response from the Romney apologists is to pile on the bs and split hairs over when Romney was really there at Bain or was he in Utah and was he paying attention to what others were doing in HIS COMPANY. Its almost comical if it weren't so tragic. He is being advertised as a master manager yet he was so distracted by his one job in the Olympics, he ignored what was going on in the company he was still legally responsible for. In my book, that is pis$ poor management. If he becomes president, he will have to step up and deal with multiple agencies and take responsibility for their performance - he won't be able to whine that he was too busy to stay on top of it.

o

It's sort of a forum version or premature ejaculation!
Thrown em a fish hose down the stage & lets cut to the dog act!

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 8, 12 at 8:56

Yep, pretty bad ad, only seen it on cable shows not in commercials here in my swing state.

Mitt Romney 2012
Yes He Can, Top That!

o

kt, no, Romney had been gone from Bain when that company went under. It happened to go under when the bottom dropped out of the American steel industry. Also, the wife had health insurance for at least two more years from her own job. They didn't say who she worked for, guess they couldn't make that one Romney's fault as well, so forgot to mention that. In all, it was six years from the time he lost his job until his wife died. To somehow try to make that anyone's fault is so reaching.

o

Here's an idea. If you really believe that the ads are disgusting, turn off your television. Turn off your radio. Wasn't that easy? Peace and quiet. Now, in a little while, maybe your brain will begin to function again and you will be able to put your outrageometre away and think for yourself.
There is something the matter when so many conservatives here are compelled to visit a television station or news outlet to know what to be angry about on any day.
There are real outrages out there folks. Real people, real deaths, real pain, real injustice.
But unless you start looking and thinking for yourself, it's just more entertainment. And you are part of the problem you lament so loudly and so often.

o

Mrskjun, read what I posted. He was PRESIDENT, CEO, HE WAS LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE, HE WAS BEING PAID A SALARY OF $100 K, HE WAS EARNING PROFITS FROM BAIN INVESTMENTS, AND HE WAS THE ONLY PERSON WITH VETO POWER. If your best argument is that he was too distracted by running games to fulfill his legal obligation as head of Bain, then your argument is essentially that he is an incompetent manager.

o

Even his number one spokesperson says he retired "retroactively"....whatever that means!

o

I can't help but wonder...how do you get to stage 4 cancer without showing or feeling some kind of symptoms of illness? How can someone be so self involved as to completely miss signs your spouse is desperately ill, apparently for years. If she was ill enough to leave her job and lose her own coverage, why didn't she see a doctor before she left that job? Why is there absolutely no mention of the husbands's love for his wife? Why...???

I can think of a lot of questions about this ad and many others. I don't think I'm going to get any answers but I am certainly going to get attacked. This ad and the tactics it reveals is not just dirty, it is filthy on so many levels that there is no way I could vote for the person it is in support of or respect anyone who would defend it.

If there is a link between Romney and this woman's death why wasn't a wrongful death suit brought against him or Bain? Maybe because there is no connection except in the minds of politicians who have no compunction about spreading fantastical dirt and a man who just may feel guilty about not giving a #$%& about his wife until it was convenient or profitable. I wonder if he was paid or is just a fanatical Obama supporter or just a self indulgent, pity poor me creep.

I feel sorry for the wife.

o

From the link..."GST Steel declared bankruptcy and shuttered its Kansas City, Mo.-based plant in 2001 - two years after Romney says he turned over managerial control of Bain."

And truly. Even if Romney was still running Bain, even if he was the one that closed this plant. He was in no way responsible for the cancer that killed this woman.

o

Of course, its the fault of the victim for marrying someone who would lose his job 30 years later, for getting cancer and ignoring it because she was probably desperately in denial because they didn't have health insurance, couldn't make the co-pay, had pre-existing conditions. Good one Sleepless. Another new low.

o

"how do you get to stage 4 cancer without showing or feeling some kind of symptoms of illness? How can someone be so self involved as to completely miss signs your spouse is desperately ill, apparently for years"

That's a very callous and uninformed thing to say.

My sister was diagnosed with Stage 4 uteran cancer and died 8 months latter. All stage 4 means is that the cancer has metastasized or spread to other organs. She had absolutely NO symptoms until 6 weeks before her diagnosis.

An acquaintance of ours has been diagnosed with Stage 4 liver cancer. He had no symptoms until 2 or 3 months ago and his symptoms were a low backache! Liver cancer usually does not present in the early stages.

o

Wed, Aug 8, 12 at 10:11

My brother worked long hours and sometimes 7 days a week, he never knew he was ill he just was tired. Who wouldn't be working the types of hours/days he worked?

He was dead within 6 months after diagnosis.

The ad that is NOT being aired is disgusting, so is the economic terrorism that has been perpetuated against millions of people in this country.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I would pick the destruction of people's lives over one NON AIRING AD any day of the week.

o

sleeplessinftwayne, You bring up some very good points. It has been said how could Bain be responsible she died years after he lost the job. You bring up that no one gets cancer in a day and die the next day.

You ask did her husband notice she was sick. How sick is sick before it is to late for cancer survival. You may work and have insurance but there is a co-pay and your income is the only income coming in so you do not take the time off from work and lose the little money you have and do not spend the co-pay money. She would have been doing what she felt she needed to do to survive.

You cannot sue companies because they lay you off. That is not how our society works.

I don't know what the love discussion question your ask is about. Usually if you are talking about how heart broken you are that you lost your spouse just saying I loved my wife is a puzzle to me why that would make a special statement.

Finally, it seems you would prefer to attack the man for being the same as Romney. If in fact he is doing it for money. Investment Capital is about making money. It is not about securing insurance for its employees when they lay them off or fire them. So what do you call those that are only in it for the money and do not care that the 100s of people that no longer have a job do not have insurance if they get cancer?

I can't help but wonder...how do you get to stage 4 cancer without showing or feeling some kind of symptoms of illness? How can someone be so self involved as to completely miss signs your spouse is desperately ill, apparently for years. If she was ill enough to leave her job and lose her own coverage, why didn't she see a doctor before she left that job? Why is there absolutely no mention of the husbands's love for his wife? Why...???

o

I can't help but wonder...how do you get to stage 4 cancer without showing or feeling some kind of symptoms of illness?

That can be very easily done, depends on the type of cancer.

Stage 4 colon cancer found by accident after an elderly man was hospitalized for a fractured pelvis.

Never had a colonoscopy done because of poor advise and care from lousy doctors and/or patient just refused.

Never told his doctor about any abnormal rectal bleeding at various times over the years.

End result, fractured pelvis, hospitalized, nurses in their care find the rectal bleeding, colonoscopy done, and presto, stage 4 colon cancer found.

Can happen with lung cancer as well, that cough that just won't go away and is ignored. A primary that says "well that's what you get when you smoke or smoked, "smokers cough".

No surgeries scheduled, no reason for a chest x-ray because the cough is just the "normal smoker's" cough.

When the cough gets to a point that the patient can't take it any more, a chest x-ray is finally done and there it is. stage 4 lung cancer.

Just 2 examples that occurred in my neighborhood over the past 10 years.

Both patients dead within 4 weeks of diagnosis.

It happens every day of the week and truth be told, medical care can be only as good as the honesty you have with your doctor, what you choose to tell him/her and choose to not tell. If the truth isn't told, the symptoms one is having, then the doctor doesn't know and there is nothing one can do.

I was with both of those neighbors just days before they where diagnosed and except for the one with the cough, and that did sound like nothing more than a "typical hacking smokers cough" and nothing horrible, one would never know that either one of them where near deaths door let alone really seriously ill.

How does this ad actually relate to the husband's job loss, Romney and Bain.

Some missing pieces are in the story, but possibilities do abound.

Such things as the woman was the sole bread winner when hubby lost his job and insurance coverage.

Therefore, she may have felt that she

1. had no time to be sick and maybe not get paid for being out sick

2. had no time to be sick and risk losing a job if she took time off being sick.

3. was in fear of what would/could be found wrong and how serious it could/would be.

4. was in fear that if she was seriously sick that she would lose not only her job but her health insurance as well because she had no job.

5. we don't know how good a coverage her health insurance was even though it was her primary ins. it may not have had the best coverage and without her husbands secondary coverage, she was unable to afford the bills that would be left.

Just possibilities, very real possibilities that go on every day in peoples lives.

When she finally, I'm assuming, had no choice but to see a doctor and then left her job because of illness, she had no insurance, found to have stage 4 cancer and died within 2 weeks.

How does this relate to Romney, Bain etc?

If her husband still had his job, or they where able to obtain health insurance coverage on their own, the story would be different. But, it was legal for health insurance companies to deny coverage to those with pre-existing conditions and this woman had one, cancer or to cancel insurance coverage at a whim when they felt like it and claimed to have some kind of legit reason.

This couple did not live in MA so that they had the protection of the infamous "Romneycare". That's good enough for MA only, not good enough for the entire country.

And, again, this is not an ad that Obama approved, this is a PAC ad, and they can get away with anything, say anything and it's fine.

We have SCOTUS to thank for that.

But thinking that one can have stage 4 cancer and not be aware of it, or family not be aware of it, is not hard to do with certain types of cancer.

o

Investment Capital is about making money Yes it is. For the share holders of the leveraged buyout firm.

And if people lose their jobs, health insurance, houses, and so on, so be it. Romney praises the process as "destructive creation", walks off with, on average, 92 million dollars per destroyed company. And everybody brushes this off by saying that they deserved it for working in a company that was so easily taken advantage of.

I can't find it now, but one of the laid-off people at one of the looted Bain companies in these commercials was interviewed about his views on Obama. Thought the President was a complete wimp for not standing up to congress.

o
actually, thats "creative destruction"

begin quote: snip "Mitt Romney's rivals this week intensified their attacks over business failures that happened on his watch at the investment firm Bain Capital. But even the successes touted by Romney's campaign involved some painful decisions and layoffs.

Both the successes and the failures reveal the candidate's faith in "creative destruction," the notion that the new must relentlessly replace the old so that companies and the economy can become more efficient.

The concept is gospel to many businesspeople. But its intersection with politics has created what may be a recurring line of attack against Romney's record.

Romney's approach is visible in the three big Bain investments he trumpets in his official biography as evidence that he knows how to create jobs. The companies - Staples, Sports Authority and Domino's Pizza - are well-known consumer brands, and the campaign has gone so far as to say that Romney helped create 100,000 jobs through his work related to those businesses.

But like Romney's work on all the businesses Bain invested in, the primary goal with these companies wasn't job creation but making them more profitable and valuable. This meant embracing aspects of capitalism that have unsettled some Americans: laying off workers when necessary, expanding overseas to chase profits and paying top executives significantly more than employees on lower rungs.

Supporters of Romney rival Newt Gingrich released a video on Wednesday accusing the former private-equity financier of laying off workers and profiting from the results. Yet Romney has never shied away from proclaiming his belief that job cuts are sometimes necessary.

The rise of Staples is in fact a textbook example of "creative destruction."

Staples became a runaway business success in the 1980s and 1990s because it offered companies a smarter way of purchasing supplies, saving them money. As Staples grew, smaller stationery stores were shuttered. These losses are not counted in Romney's jobs figure.

The rise of the company, which entered the Fortune 500 in 1996, has mirrored broader trends in corporate America, in which many multinational firms now see more potential growth abroad than in this country.

Staples, too, is steadily expanding overseas. In 2006, revenue outside North America accounted for 13 percent of revenue. In 2010, the share was 21 percent.

And as Staples has grown, so has the pay earned by its chief executive, from $4.7 million in 2006 to $10.8 million in 2010. The company explains in its annual report how it sets pay, saying that it uses comparable firms, such as Amazon, Best Buy and Starbucks, as benchmarks.

Staples does not disclose the wages of its 89,000 employees, nor does it break out how many work as retail associates. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the mean annual wage of a retail salesperson in the United States is $25,000 a year.

Staples has not been immune from tough choices about cutting workers. During the depths of the recent recession, it laid off about 140 employees, half of whom worked at the company's headquarters in Framingham, Mass.

When it has acquired companies, the firm has also had to lay off some workers - typical for any business acquisition.

In 2004, when Staples bought a small company called Hartford Office Supply, owned by two brothers, employees at the acquired firm worried about their jobs.

"We're all devastated," one worker told the Hartford Courant at the time. "This is one of the nicest, most family-oriented places that you could work . . . and I don't know why they had to do this."

Yet few would dispute that Staples has become a sterling American success story. From an idea hatched by entrepreneur Tom Stemberg, it has grown into a $24.5 billion company with 89,000 employees worldwide, all of whom Romney counts in his 100,000 job-creation total. Romney sat on the company's board for more than a decade. Stemberg said in an interview that Romney was "the best single corporate director I've seen in action."

Sports Authority and Domino's have also grown tremendously since benefiting from Bain's investments. But like Staples, they have had to lay off workers on occasion.

In March 2008, Domino's announced that it was cutting roughly 50 employees after net quarterly earnings dropped 48 percent. It was the first time the company had done layoffs since 1999.

Sports Authority in 2003 merged with Gart Sports to become the country's largest sporting-goods retailer. At the time, jobs were lost at Sports Authority's headquarters in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., though some moved to the company's new offices in Denver.

The Romney campaign says its candidate's experiences at Staples, Sports Authority and Domino's give him "the unique skills and capabilities to do what President Obama has failed to do: focus on job creation and turn around our nation's faltering economy."

snip end quote

And that sums it up nicely. 'Create' lots of $25,000 a year jobs, many part time without benefits, pay the CEO $10,000,000 a year, and profit yourself in the tens of millions along the way.

Here is a link that might be useful: all those great jobs at Dominos Pizza

o

many have suffered for the Olympic Horse to Prance!

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 8, 12 at 12:39

Does it also generate horse apples? It appears the candidate certainly does.

o

That ad screams desperation. Thanks for posting.

o

You do know that this is not an ad from President Obama's campaign but rather from one of those PACS that run your elections.

o

The ad that is NOT being aired is disgusting, so is the economic terrorism that has been perpetuated against millions of people in this country.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I would pick the destruction of people's lives over one NON AIRING AD any day of the week.

I agree.

o

"You do know that this is not an ad from President Obama's campaign but rather from one of those PACS that run your elections."

I for one do know this.

I have not seen the ad and likely would not watch it if it aired while I was in the room. I am offended by this sort of manipulation of human suffering and try to avoid it - BUT based on what I have read about the ad here, the problem it is trying to highlight is very real indeed.

When corporate greed is left to run unchecked, people suffer - and it is not always "their fault". In fact the very people that get run over in these situations are frequently the ones with less to fall back on - hourly workers and "dog's bodies" who work hard but never make enough to put anything by living one step away from disaster all the days of their lives here in the land of somebody's American dream.

As to those who say you can't get cancer and die overnight, tell that to the little grandmother who lived behind my daughter's house who died two weeks after she was diagnosed. She was caring for four grandchildren and was in her sixties although she looked older. She simply lived with her problems until they overwhelmed her because that is what she had done all of her life. I suspect she was not the only woman who ever did that.

I don't like nastiness. But it appears that the Democrats have finally realized that when it is thrown at you day after day, the only way to fight back is to take a page out of the adversary's book. It really sounds as though that is what has happened in the case of this ad.

o

You are absolutely right ..rose. I have known people who died very quickly after diagnosis.

And I also agree that the Dems have shown no backbone in recent elections like waiting for weeks to respond to the lying Swift- boat attacks in 2004. I say tit for tat.

o

I have known people who died very quickly after diagnosis.

The keyword here is diagnosis. By the time you start to go down it is to late. That is why you die so quickly after diagnosis. The people that are diagnosed and treated early have better survival rate. Nobody develop cancer today and die tomorrow.

I think this President and the Democratic party has taken so much, it had to come to fight fire with fire. The things that has been said about his wife, calling his mother a monkey I even saw here of the things said about his kids. Asking for documentation of college, medical, birth is so insulting that I have wondered at times how they look in the mirror in the morning. There is no truth or honor among the new Republican party. I am surprised it has gone on this long. But Karma oh yeah it has to come home. But until then it is time to fight back.

The Republicans are willing to make the country suffer to get to the President. Not to attempt to agree to pass some type of job bill is cruel for the millions out of work. This has been done so they could win an election. Voter suppression just so they can win an election. That is disgusting when you see the suffering of children we have so many dependent on food stamps because a job bill has not even been considered to keep the unemployment number high so they can win.

I do not think the majority of the public is blind and can see that there have been a lot of abortion talk and bills.

o

I think to counter it Bain investors should show how they actually improved the National Landscape!

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 8, 12 at 15:17

Maybe they should rename it Bane.

o

Some folks like to commemorate confederate dead just think of it along the same lines jjust much more current & personal without the stupid flags

o

In a way Nik is correct as Romney is getting a little desperate about this ad. He's starting to talk up his own Romney care! PFFFFT hahahah roll roll roll on the floor!
It must be that Saturn Conjunct Mars in Libra aspect whole lotta bad energy going down!

"Mitt Romney's campaign is playing a delicate game on health care, increasingly suggesting that Romney's Massachusetts health care law proves he'll protect Americans with pre-existing conditions. The only problem: Romney has promised conservatives he'll keep his Massachusetts reforms far, far, away from everyone else.

Twice in the last 24 hours, Romney press secretary Andrea Saul noted that a man featured in a Democratic attack ad suggesting his wife's cancer went undiagnosed because he lost his insurance would have had coverage under Romney's Massachusetts law.

"To that point, if people had been in Massachusetts, under Gov. Romney's health care plan, they would have had health care," Saul said Tuesday. On Wednesday, she repeated the point: "If people had been in Massachusetts under Gov. Romney's health care plan they would've had health care. There a lot of people losing their jobs and losing their health care in President Obama's economy, and that is why Gov. Romney is running: to get people back to work."

What Saul didn't mention is that Romney's Massachusetts law which does provide subsidized insurance for laid-off workers who lose their coverage has no bearing on Romney's current policy proposals. In order to win conservatives over, Romney pledged from the beginning of his primary campaign that while he would not apologize for his state reforms, he would never impose them on the nation.

By trying to reclaim Romney's health care law as part of his political resume, however, Romney is now inviting the issue back into the campaign. If he wants Americans to elect him based on his Massachusetts reforms, it's only logical to ask him why he doesn't want them for everyone"

Thank you TPM!

o

Eric Ericson at Red State is calling it Mitt's "Read my lips moment of betrayal".

Conservatives have put aside their distrust of Romney on this issue in the name of beating Barack Obama. They thought he and his campaign team had gotten the message and the hints. Consider the scab picked, the wound opened, and the distrust trickling out again.

About the only thing more stupid in terms of building bridges with the right would be to say something nice about fetal stem cell research.

Start your watches for that one!

Here is a link that might be useful: Redstate fallout

o

flip flop, flip flop, flip flop, flip flop.

here we go again, As the GOP "god" Ronald Reagan like to say.

Can't figure out what he is saying, so he gets a "spokesperson" to mouth out stuff and that makes things even worse.

The spokesperson is actually saying something to the affect of "well to bad these people didn't live in MA, then Romenycare could have taken care of them, but OH well, to bad for them, and to bad for everyone else except those in MA, cause The Mitt is going to repeal "Obamacare" same thing as Romenycare but Romenycare is only good enough for MA not the entire country."

Now if that makes sense, and you support this wacked out, horribly flawed, flip flopping, liar, of a GOP candidate, well what can anyone say?

o

Lottirose, you must not read too many sources that allow comments. The true believer's nasties outnumber those from the right about 5 to 1 on a slow day and get bumped up to 25 to 1 on the day after the Obama talking points comes out.I make it a point to read many sources with a the widest viewpoint I can find especially those that allow comments. It is pretty easy to recognize patterns after a while. In fact, I have seen several times that certain contributors do indeed post within 24 hours, posts suspiciously like those in other forums although it is not likely it is the same person. It also reads like a scripted post, far from the normal persona of that person.

A really good way to avoid that manipulation you mention to read as many versions as possible. If you do a search on Joe Soptic you will find that even CNN can't stomach this one after checking out the timeline and other details. By the way, Mr. Soptic has been a longtime Obama supporter and this is his second video. As far as I read, the first did not mention the death of his wife. He did so good on the first, they came back for seconds. This video was made to be shown in the very limited swing state markets.

With his current salary, plus his income from his pension he is earning $48,000 a year, just about what he earned at the steel mill where he cleared slag from under the buckets. When Bain bought into the plant, it was ready to close and the number of employees had already dropped precipitously. Bain kept the plant running with lots of upgrades for several years. About 3 years after the buy-in he was offered a buy-out by the company which he refused. He continued to work there for several years, during which time he was actively looking for another job as were most of the other employees. No one was taken by surprise when Bain closed the operation down as 17 other American steelmills closed their doors when the market was inundated with cheap steel from the far east.

Get this!!For some reason the Obama camp forgot to mention Obama’s mega bundler Jonathan Lavine was Managing Director in charge of Bain during the GST layoffs and was running the whole show.( LOL!!!Can anyone connect Harry Reid's phone to this guy???)

Bain Capital had kept Joe Soptic working years longer than he would have had Bain not bought in.

Joe is remarried, to his high school sweetheart. I believe I remember that they married a year after the death of his first wife but I wouldn't swear to that one. After all he was horribly traumatized by her death.

Somehow an 88% success rate resurrecting failing and bankrupt companies seems to be pretty good to me.

o

Yes we will nevre know the Romney bundlers!

o

Obama's campaign team swears that they know nothing about Joe Soptic and his wife. Of course it is illegal for the campaign and the super pac to coordinate. To bad Stephanie Cutter recorded the conference call with him in which he told the same story that is in the ad.

o

For some reason the Obama camp forgot to mention Obamas mega bundler Jonathan Lavine was Managing Director in charge of Bain during the GST layoffs and was running the whole show.( LOL!!!Can anyone connect Harry Reid's phone to this guy???)

OMG, even he can't stomach Romney. I'm sure he's very sorry about what he did.

o

There you go with the left analysis. I saw the press conference, and I watched Morning Joe this morning. What has been said is they had not seen the Ad.

Gibbs said he did not know the particulars of what type of insurance his wife had when she lost the insurance etc.

The Press Secretary said he had not seen the Ad and he would comment on it when he saw the Ad at the next Press release the next day.

You do not seem to understand this ad was not released if you do not watch Fox News you will never the ad. I would bet that is not any Obama Team favorite stations to watch.

Conservative have served to save the Super Pac some money they are getting this ad out without spending a dime on the networks because Faux News is promoting and giving a blow by blow what is in the ad. I am pretty sure the Democratic Pac is happy it is upsetting Faux News so much.

If you would like to check and see how you are being dragged around by your nose. Go to MSNBC and watch the tape. If not continue to be a parrot.

You cannot make this stuff up
Conservatives the best Obama Ad

o

What has been said is they had not seen the Ad.

What, mrskjun debunked AGAIN?

First she posts outrage about an ad that is not being shown. Now she posts twisted comments about what the Obama campaign said.

Those talking points are embarrassing you, mrsk!

o

I like how the Romney spokesperson said that if they had lived in MA, Romneycare would have saved her.

Uh......

o

No esh, no more debunked than the claim about conservatives being happier, more charitable, etc. If you want to recheck that thread. If you happen to read the last link I posted, Gibbs and Cutter never said they hadn't seen the ad, they outright lied and said they didn't know anything about Soptic's wife or their healthcare problems, which the audio tape clearly proves they knew the whole story.

o

I did read your link, mrsk. I was not convinced of its accuracy.

And if you feel that you are happier and more charitable than I am, that is certainly your right.

o

Romney supporters should be concentrating on more important things instead of this nonsense.

Three months to go. That means three more months of these fauxtroversies.

Mitt Romney is laboring under the lowest personal popularity ratings for a presumptive presidential nominee in midsummer election-year polls back to 1984. But Barack Obama has his own challenges in the latest ABC News/Washington Post poll, notably among registered voters, and with much weaker numbers among men than women.

Forty percent of Americans overall view Romney favorably, 49 percent unfavorably - leaving him underwater, at least numerically, in 10 straight ABC News/ Washington Post polls this year. A new high of 30 percent now see him "strongly" unfavorably, nearly double his strongly favorable score.

Romney finished the primary season with the lowest favorability for a presumptive nominee in ABC/Post polls back 28 years...

OBAMA : Obama, for his part, is seen more positively than negatively among all adults, 53-43 percent favorable-unfavorable, but slips to nearly an even split, 49-47 percent, among registered voters. That's still better than Romney's 42-50 percent among registered voters, but less sharply so.

Obama's advantage rests with women, among whom 58 percent see him favorably, vs. 47 percent of men - the widest gender gap in this measure of the season. Romney, by contrast, does better among men than women - 44 percent favorable vs. 36 percent. As such, the two candidates essentially are tied among men, while among women Obama does 22 points better.

INDEPENDENTS : Obama's gained back ground he'd lost among independents, customarily swing voters in national elections. In late May he fell numerically underwater among independents for the first time since December (45-52 percent favorable-unfavorable). He's now back far in front of Romney in this group, largely because of gains among independent women.

Among all independents, Obama's favorability rating is now 16 points higher than Romney's (53 percent vs. 37 percent). At the same time, that narrows among independents who are registered to vote - 46 percent favorable for Obama, 38 percent for Romney - indicating, among other factors, the potential importance of voter registration drives in the few months ahead.

Here is a link that might be useful: Today's poll

o

I just want to mention that the pension mentioned above that Mr. Soptic was given was not from Bain, but rather from the U.S. Government who had to step in to shore up the pension fund. The whole question of the takeover is rather difficult to unravel, but without a doubt Bain and Romney made a huge amount of money (for doing what I'm not sure) and the company went under.

On another but related topic, Huffington Post came out today tying the initial funding of Bain Capital to several wealthy central American families who allegedly had links with right-wing death squads. This issue had earlier been raised by the Boston Globe, among other newspapers, and by the Los Angeles Times, who expanded on this subject earlier this month. If true, and at this point I do not know whether it is or not, it is certainly shocking.

o

Posted by ingrid_vc Z10 SoCal (My Page) on Wed, Aug 8, 12 at 21:56

"...The whole question of the takeover is rather difficult to unravel, but without a doubt Bain and Romney made a huge amount of money (for doing what I'm not sure) and the company went under.
On another but related topic...If true, and at this point I do not know whether it is or not, it it is certainly shocking."

But only if it's true, Harry.

o

Why wouldn't it be true? They know who the investors are and they know what the investors did.

o

Good grief. Makes me think about that movie: "I know what you did last summer".

o

When I wrote this I didn't realize there was a whole other thread devoted to this very subject. The connection seems rather well-documented.....

o

Oh, yes. That's why it was such a cut-and-dry, short-and-sweet sort of thread...

o

elvis, why don't you tell us what you know about the ARENA party, Roberto D'Aubuisson, and Salvadoran death squads? And then we'll go on to Orlando de Sola.

o

Just heard on Morning Joe that the famous picture of Romney and his Bain co-horts with money sticking out of their pockets came on the occasion of their getting their first $34 million from investors. Is that blood on that money I see hanging out of Mitt's right pocket?

o

A paper cut kt?

o

I'd say that Salvadorean death squads are a whole lot funkier than a guy making a connection between losing his job and his wife's death. Soptic is obviously bitter about having been fired by from his job and losing his livelihood and his healthcare (but maybe more so his dignity). For him there is a connection - he obviously feels his life went downhill from getting fired by Bain's henchmen.

o

Did he lose his family health benefits when the company was taken over? Yes or no?
If he made $46K /yr. and his wife had an illness or "pre-existing conditiion" as the health insurance companies would call it, could he have obtained or afforded health insurance to cover that?
If the Romney apologists want to make it seem like Bain was anything but a greedy vulture capitalist profit machine that left a lot of rotting corpses and bones behind, we will set them straight. This is not going to be the end of the discussion about Bain. Stay tuned Foxboxes.
And where are Romney's tax returns and what does he have to hide?

o

Well, lets look on the bright side of the Bain investments - Staples.

CEO makes 8.9 million a year, all those sales staff make $8-something an hour.

o

Staples CEO makes 8.9 million a year, all those sales staff make $8-something an hour.

Right on, LOL!
Yes, let's make sure that Staples CEO doesn't pay 2% more on his annual income over $250K (8.65 Million dollars/yr) as well !

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 9, 12 at 9:59

Despite this pac ad I get the feeling that the main Obama ads are holding back. Without a doubt the repubs are disenchanted with Romney and if he's too bloodied up before their convention he could be replaced with a more normal, human-like candidate. Once Romney is securely in place that's when the real fireworks come out. There are so many forgotten negative quotes from Romney's primary opponents to use against him. Once Newt, Santorum, Cain, and even that dopey governor from Tx finish praising Romney at their convention that's when their old honest opinions of him will be replayed over and over through Oct. The word "Liar" will #1 on the list of fellow republican condemnations. To quote Newt "You seem surprised"

o

It Could get as disgusting as this some of the fringe rightists are waffling!

o

"President Obama used his health care plan to declare war on religion, forcing religious institutions to go against their faith," says a narrator in the ad. "Mitt Romney believes that's wrong."

Is that disgusting to say that Obama has declared a "war on religion"?

Or just "icky"?

o

As long as we're laying blame, here's another take.

If Obama had a daughter, she would look like Tonya. Oh, wait...

Here is a link that might be useful: Tonya Reaves

o

"Is it going to get any more disgusting than this?"

It just did....... how unbelievably ignorant.

o

So ignorant but whats expected.

o

When a Democrat mimics a Republican, THAT'S when it becomes disgusting.

-Ron-

o

It helps in understanding how the dems can make an ad like this. In the same way it's so easy for them in the name calling.

o

Helps how?

o

"Is it going to get any more disgusting than this?"

Pot/kettle and doesn't even realize it!

'Name calling!' I've noticed seems to have become the ingrained, conservative fall back position of playing name calling.

I think the conservatives here honestly really do believe in their innocent victimhood. I suppose that if they actually believe it, then for them it's a real truth even if it's actually false?

But then if they really do believe it, what would be the pay off of participating in H.T for years on end, being so abused? There would HAVE to be a pay off, a pay off is why we do anything in life.

It's all become confusing and truly, utterly ridiculous to me.

o

'Name calling!' I've noticed seems to have become the ingrained, conservative fall back position of playing name calling.

You will notice it's what happens when they don't have a clue what the facts are and Fox hasn't given them their talking points. Since they don't have anything intelligent to add to the discussion they either try to change the subject; resort to insults or faux victimhood. All have grown old.

o

Well, the swift boat attacks against Kerry set the bar. Millions spent on repeating those ads likely cost him the election.

Prior to that, the attack ads about Willy Horton were the gold standard.

o

ok mylab, epi, show me the last time a conservative called a liberal ignorant, a liar, stupid, etc. etc. That would be resorting to insults, I agree. And it does get very old, and really does show a lack of intelligence. Because when one has to resort to name calling, it means they do not have an intelligent argument to counter with.

o

Liberals here are constantly called names....just different names....losers, victims, free loaders, irresponsible on and on so get off your high horse.

PS: Latest polls President Obama 52 to 45 over Romney amongst registered voters .... 53 to 42 amongst independents..." read 'em and weep"

Seems Romney is having a hard time connecting with middle class America.....ya think!

Here is a link that might be useful: :Latest polls

o

WOAH!!!! The latest polls also show that 63 % of registered voters think President Obama will be reelected.....guess that may mean we can't have him here in Canada any time soon...too bad.

o

Chase, I don't tend put too much on the polls so they never really excite me - Romney's voters will actually get out there and enthusiastically vote, almost all of them.

However, I think that Obama's voters are perhaps too apathetic to turn out in the numbers that are reflected in opinion polls. I suspect that Romney might very well win simply because enough vocally Obama supporters won't bother with the effort of voting.

I PRAY I'm wrong, and it's just a worry on my part.

Too much apathy might be in place, unless undecided centerists actually begin to think "anyone but Romney" and that idea galvanizes even the apathetic liberals....which could happen and gets more possible every day, in my opinion.

This year, the opinion polls might not accurately reflect the actual number who will vote, I fear.

o

Latest polls President Obama 52 to 45 over Romney amongst registered voters .... 53 to 42 amongst independents..." read 'em and weep"

Yep, I posted that yesterday (see above) and it was ignored. Better to insult other posters or perhaps they think if they ignore it, it will go away.

ok mylab, epi, show me the last time a conservative called a liberal ignorant, a liar, stupid, etc. etc.

No Mrsk. I am not playing your game. It's all out there. Maybe if you start answering all the unanswered questions that have been posed to you then you would deserve to have things proven to you. Until then, you don't.

o

Sorry epi, I missed that entirely....and as a result missed an entire day of smiles.

o

My high horse chase? That is called taking the high road. And epi, it's not a game, and it's not "out there", or you would be posting every word. I answer every intelligent question given to me. I can't do better than that.

o

"PS: Latest polls President Obama 52 to 45 over Romney amongst registered voters .... 53 to 42 amongst independents..." read 'em and weep""

Well that does it. With 100 million out of 300 million folks already enjoying welfare, and 100 million folks enjoying food stamps (and the Dept of Agriculture saying many more are eligible!) life under Obama just keeps getting better and better. There's no way Romney can win. He keeps talking about jobs, as if Americans want to work. What a ninny.

o

And right there, the pot ended up as black as Mrsk. claims the kettle to be.

"I answer every intelligent question given to me."

A well thought out and excuted personal insult, Mrsk. Next time you demand: "tell me when I name call" - you know what my answer will be.

Aug.9, 12 at 16:58 Re: Is it going to get anymore disgusting than this" thread.

Pot. Kettle.

o

"100 million out of 300 million folks already enjoying welfare"

That means everybody in the States is on welfare...interesting stat.

"I answer every intelligent question given to me."

That is an out and out lie.

o

And epi, it's not a game, and it's not "out there", or you would be posting every word. I answer every intelligent question given to me. I can't do better than that.

One word answer...Bull____! There have been threads addressing your insulting posts and threads that you started with the sole intention of insulting other posters. Your halo is tarnished.

As for unanswered questions you can start with the "Harry say it isn't so" thread that you started and then abandoned when you were made to look foolish and move on to the countless other threads after that.

Your silly games grew old long ago.

o

He keeps talking about jobs

Like he will create 12 million jobs? The same 12 million that are already projected to create themselves if current policies continue?

o

A little tidbit from Chase's link (bolded for emphasis):
63% of the public thinks Romney should release more tax returns than he has already made public, a figure which rises to 67% among independents.

So much for that silly claim that only democrats care about him releasing his taxes. Another one of MrsK's claims debunked. Again.

o

Leave it to houseful to come up with that link.

Disgusting is putting it mildly.

o

As I was reading this , I turned on Fox radio to hear the local news, and national Fox news said their polls say Obama is pulling ahead in all polled groups. The hate vote would be the only way he'd be defeated, because no one actually likes Romney.

o

As I was reading this , I turned on Fox radio to hear the local news, and national Fox news said their polls say Obama is pulling ahead in all polled groups. The hate vote would be the only way he'd be defeated, because no one actually likes Romney.

o

Can't find a Harry thread that I started epi. And what thread have I started that was meant to insult a single poster?

And I don't know how you got a personal insult out of that mylab, who exactly am I insulting? Those that do not ask intelligent questions? And do you know who they are? Would that be like chase just now calling me a liar?

Deflection, from the disgusting Obama ad. Oh well.

o

I have asked many questions of you mrskjun that were not answered. Shall I assume they weren't intelligent enough?

o

Oh well, I'm still waiting to hear an analysis of why President Obama is such a bad president. I pinpointed exactly what some of his achievements were and invited everyone to state why he was a "miserable failure" as a president. Still waiting, still waiting, it's been weeks....still waiting.

o

As have I asked you Mrs, many questions that have gone unanswered....thanks for the "NON insult" of telling me they weren't intelligent questions.

o

How's this new Obama ad for "disgusting"?

A new ad released by the Obama campaign Thursday suggests that Mitt Romney might have paid nothing in taxes at some point. The ad plays a clip of a recent interview in which Romney said he was "happy to go back and look" to see if he had paid a rate lower than 13.9 percent -- but he never did get back to the voters on that.

"Did Romney pay 10 percent in taxes? 5 percent? Zero?" asks a narrator. "We don't know."

The campaign says the ad is "following" Romney through Virginia, North Carolina, Florida and Ohio next week.

Taking a page out of Reid's book, I guess. Seems to be working.

Here is a link that might be useful: Time for Romney to

o

Stop the game playing, Mrsk.

You come in, stir the pot by starting ridiculous thread discussions where you agitate, then suddenly disappear when the water gets too hot for you, procede to cry "victim!" while trolling for sympathy from others - and in doing all of this you ruin the H.T, topic discussion experience for most of the people in here by your poor behavior in this forum.

Stop it!

o

Did Romney pay 10 percent in taxes? 5 percent? Zero?" asks a narrator. "We don't know."

"We're just asking questions here" - Newt Gingrich.

o

"We're just asking questions here"

And not receiving any answers....

o

More games Mrsk. As I said before these games have grown old.

Can't find a Harry thread that I started epi.

Then you didn't look very hard. I even pointed you toward the thread by giving you the title. Feigning ignorance or innocence won't work.

Since you have proven you are quite adept at finding misinformation and posting it I am sure you are more than capable of finding all the questions posed to you that you left unanswered as well as the threads (and posts) where you insulted other posters.

And what thread have I started that was meant to insult a single poster?

You mean which threads as in plural. You know, the ones where it is other people's fault because they made you do it.

Another hint, one of the latest, started within the last month has the name of the poster in the title of the thread.

Sorry epi, I missed that entirely....and as a result missed an entire day of smiles

No apologies necessary Chase. Please keep reposting facts since they debunk the false claims.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here