Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seeing Eye Cat

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 25, 12 at 0:43

Pete is laughing his head off because he just heard a Good Joke.
Heard the One about the Blind TRUST?

When he ran against Sen. Edward Kennedy in 1994, Romney spoke critically of Kennedy's claim that he had no control over his investments. "The blind trust is an age-old ruse," Romney told the Boston Globe at the time.

Well his own blind trust is so tough on China that it bought shares in a Chinese Oil company after it had already started work with Iran. WITH IRAN NIK! (Ohh that a no no) & then the trust bought even more stock in the company & dumped it when he started to claim Obama wasn't tough on China.
So how blinds is the trust? My Kitty Kat thinks the whole thing smells fishy.

Here is a link that might be useful: MEOW

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seeing Eye Cat

Talk about something coming back to bite you in the ass!

o

Peeete! Joe you crack me up.

Seriously though. When Romney does it it's like totally different. Or something. Dontcha know?

o

Coming to think of it...'tis Romney's campaign strategy.

Romney/Ryan2012
Blind Trust Us!

o

Nice cat, Joe! Nice slogan, Maddie!

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 25, 12 at 9:28

Good one Maddie, I'm running low...

Romney's idea of a blind trust is stashing his cash overseas where no one can't see it....and of course keeping his history of tax filings in the dark.

o

He's bashing China. What about all those jobs he sent over there and all the money he made. The man has no gratitude it all.

o

Well his own blind trust is so tough on China that it bought shares in a Chinese Oil company after it had already started work with Iran. WITH IRAN NIK! (Ohh that a no no) & then the trust bought even more stock in the company & dumped it when he started to claim Obama wasn't tough on China.
So how blinds is the trust? My Kitty Kat thinks the whole thing smells fishy.

Romney is a gift that keeps on giving... unless he is actually elected by some fluke (aka voter suppression).

The man has no principles when it comes to his and Bain's money. Death-squad investors, Chinese investments, and the beat goes on.

o

I can read a prospectus as well as a Blind Trust too bad they invested over 70K and only made 8 thousand on the deal small tater tots. He also criticized the President some time back for his harsh talk towards China's subsidizing it's own auto industry. I know old Olds were the most popular car in China don't know if they still are.
Romney was against imposing sanctions on China for trade abuses in 2011 was afraid OBAMA would start a trade war! The current administration has already lodged complaints with the WTO some reports make this look like he's getting tough now because of elections.
Previous complaints were filed over steel & chickens Pete likes Chicken bad tariffs!

o

You know if you could magically blindfold people and describe to them all the things that Romney says or intends, I'll bet most of them would run like crazy from him. Including diehards like Nik.

o

You know if you could magically blindfold people and describe to them all the things that Romney says or intends, I'll bet most of them would run like crazy from him. Including diehards like Nik.

I think the China and oil stock that was dealing with Iran should make anyone take pause. How can someone that cares about the country he claims to want to lead support such activity for the mean green.

o

Oh here it comes Joe cover your head! It reminds me of all the corporations & private citizens that traded with the Nazis yup to the last minute.
Standard Oil of New Jersey had $120 million invested! General Motors had $35 million! Ford 17 Million 7 they bent over backwards to keep the US out of the war.

Old News

""We have built China into a major economic power without demanding any kind of political reform we have created a monster," Congressman Dana Rohrabacher (R-CA) told RT.
Rohrabacher was a senior speech writer for the Reagan administration. He played a leading role in the formulation of the Reagan Doctrine, which centered on giving aid to insurgent and paramilitary groups and propping up dictators in order to oppose the Soviet Union's global influence.

The workers paradise keeps the Us & Korea supplied with cheapish labor & grand profits for the new class of exploitative billionaires who are also off shoring a lot of their wealth.
Last week we read of teenage Samsung workers being paid 70% less than adults working 11 hour 28 day shifts often without
medical attention or benefits.
"Corporations are people my friend" & many of them when left to their own devices behave like the worst tyrants ever. This has been reported on Bloomberg & The Wall Street Journal.

Apple's Foxconn Plant is no Peach either! I'm boycotting their products!

Here is a link that might be useful: Peachy

o

It all comes down to ethics, and the sort of integrity, the code of personal honor, one holds. I can't see this when it comes to Romney. I don't see where this man has drawn his line in the sand, from a personal standpoint. I don't think there are any boundaries he won't cross to gain profit, and this does not bode well for a Presidency. This is not the kind of person I want to be represented by.

o

He is working on feeling your pain...

o

No, he's not. He's working strictly for his own benefit... that much is obvious by the policies he supports.

o

Foxconn peasants are rioting. Dozens of injured.

I suppose we won't hear an opinion from the inmates of the sweatshop Romney owns.

o

Of course not they work for next to nothing & sleep in triple bunkbeads giggle giggle giggle!

o

Yeah well they're all losers anyway.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here