Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Obama -Action-Camera

Posted by citywoman2012 none (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 14, 12 at 0:59

Awwwwww shucks! He just loves it when they holler ACTION
camera!
WASHINGTON � President Barack Obama's re-election campaign is getting a boost from pop stars Beyonce and Jay-Z.

The superstar couple will hold a fundraiser with Obama on Tuesday at a swanky New York nightclub that Jay-Z owns.

Wonder why Oprah hasn't given him a big fundraiser.

Hope his big glitzy fundraiser doesn't take him away
from anything going on in our world of importance.
Oh, I forgot, it won't. Campaigning seems to be his #1
priority.

What do you the people think he should be doing?
Campaigning tirelessly all over the country side
or taking care of all the serious events we have
snow-balling right now?

I think his devotion to be re-elected and being an
absent leader will hurt him in the long run.
Romney is more involved and concerned than Obama with
the economy, the unemployment etc.

Romney is up to the challenge. He has some of the
best minds in the country as advisors.

I am excited with the team he has with him.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Obama -Action-Camera

I think his devotion to be re-elected and being an
absent leader will hurt him in the long run.
Romney is more involved and concerned than Obama with
the economy, the unemployment etc.

I am excited with the team he has with him.

Guess you missed the latest polls out, CW.

Keep dreaming, keep living in your dream world.

Reality is tough to take.

Did you not realize that no matter where the President is, assuming he is not unconscious, whomever the president is, is quite capable of dealing with any and all emergencies that arise or whatever is going on within the country and on foreign soil.

What in the world do you think Air Force one is? It's a flying white house, oval office etc. everything needed is right there for the president.

This hatred and anger you have is really scary CW. What is it that keeps you going with such anger and hatred?

o

I have seen no hatred or anger, you shouldn't accuse another poster of that just because she doesn't support Barack Obama for relection.

o

CW you are such a piece of work. Just because Romney has no stars supporting him except Clint and (and look how that worked out) and Ted Nugent ,don't be jealous. Mitty has his Super Pacs and raises a gazillion dollars a day, but he will still lose because the country knows a loser when they see one. We have experience. We had one for eight years.

o

I have seen no hatred or anger,

There is a sense one gets from ones demeanor over time.

o

OH really Demi? I doubt that many will agree with you. Try re-reading CW's posts.
It's not difficult to see and hear the anger and hatred in her posts. It's quite readily available if one reads what she says.

o

Lily you forgot Trump.

Yes the President is getting a boost from pop stars Beyonce and Jay-Z. I think it is 40 thou a guest.

Oprah probably donated to the super pac like Romney's rich friends put their money so you do not know their names and how much is donated.

The President is going to need a lot of money to put the ads out to correct Lyin Ryan and Never saw truth Romney ads.

You missed a couple more planned fund raiser CW. I will not mention them so you can get upset again when the next ones are announced.

This is funny.

o

Lol...Gives us something to look forward to when CW next gets outraged at stars supporting Obama. Funny she never seems to care about the obscene amount of money the Superpacs contribute.

o

Time and time again Romney has proven that he is NOT up to the challenge - he couldn't even go to England without winning gold in the foot in mouth competition. Those "best minds" have gotten him into more hot water than even his fellow republicans can fathom. In fact, the republicans are starting to crack - many think that his actions this week were reprehensible.

With Romney it's almost as if he was raised in a foreign country and isn't really American.

o

demi, really - you can't see it? It pulses through everything she says. At first she was fairly circumspect about it. Lately, there is no pretense. The hate and the fear of Obama just oozes out of every post.

o

If one cannot see anger and even something akin to hatred, maybe despise is a better word, in CW posts it is because they have similar attitudes.

The comments with regards to the President are much more than disagreeing with his policies.

o

If these "best minds in the country" are currently advising Mr. Romney about his response to the riots in the Middle East, then God help us all.

I think I now know why Mr. Romney wants to increase defense spending by several trillions of dollars - we would soon be at war with every country Mr. Romney, and his "best minds in the country", decide have offended the US.

Mr. Romney needs to stop campaigning all over the US and spend some time learning about foreign affairs, the economy, unemployment, etc. His vague promises and lack of any substantive plans for change give him no credibility at all.

o

I have seen no hatred or anger, you shouldn't accuse another poster of that just because she doesn't support Barack Obama for relection.

Really? Have you read her posts?

Just because a person doesn't use the word, and doesn't let their kids use the word, does not mean they don't feel hatred. It comes through loud and clear in just about everyone of her posts without actually using the word.

I am amazed, demi, that you support CW given your outrage at hate. Or is your outrage just with the word?

OP: We need/want a President that can do multiple things at the same time. I'm guessing that's a foreign concept to you? It takes intellect to be able to do that.

o

"Romney is up to the challenge. He has some of the
best minds in the country as advisors."

Wow. If that's what passes for the best minds... I'd hate to see the worst.

o

I have already posted on the hate subject. I think people think because they do not say I HATE you everything is okay. "I did not say hate"

There are some post that are so filled with hate speech that you are at a point that you have to say a person is filled with hate and there is no other descriptive word to use.

It is sad that this is in a person's heart because it is dangerous and not healthy.

o

best mind = bush's advisors .

it's scary.
I'm not obama fan, but I do not want bush3..

o

Posted by jodik 5 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 14, 12 at 8:54

"Romney is up to the challenge. He has some of the
best minds in the country as advisors."

Wow. If that's what passes for the best minds... I'd hate to see the worst.

bwahahahaha...meet Axelrod, Cutter, just to name a couple.

marquest, had a checkup lately?

o

Marquest is correct. It's the Amateur Hour at Team Romney.

o

Well mrs, they aren't doing such a good job so far. Just goes to show that the best minds can't necessarily manage a not so good mind.....

o

Isn't that the truth chase, I mean, especially Cutter, can't even keep up with her own lies, same with Wasserman-Schultz. But I think Obama tried. He was just in over his head.

o

Just goes to show that the best minds can't necessarily manage a not so good mind.....

they have to have a mind to manage to begin with, and one that can remember what it said from day to day, hour to hour, minute to minute.

Nope can't do that with Romney. Only thing he can remember is how to flip flop at every opportunity.

Flip Flop, Flip flop, Flip flop.

It's just Romney being Romney. He can't help it, it's just part of his nature.

Flip flop, Flip flop

Romney being Romney.

Betting the more the people get to see Romney being Romney, they will see that he is a dismally, pathetic excuse for a Presidential candidate and they will not vote for him.

o

• Posted by kwoods Cold z7 Long Is (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 14, 12 at 9:31

Soooo... a Romney supporter's advice to Obama.... "STOP CAMPAIGNING!".

Fear much?

Something I find (more) interesting... not a fan of JZ although I appreciate that he is both talented and shrewd... Beyonce is amazing to look at but again, not a fan of her music..... it is undeniable that both of these people are self made entrepreneurs. They have risen to where they are and built what amounts to an empire through their own hard work, business acumen and talent. They are the model for what we keep hearing from righties.... "Get over it... rise above your circumstances! Anyone can make it given they make the right choices.".

Who backs Romney? The petroleum industry...

Telling.

o

Yes, kwoods, exactly how I see it.

People that have gotten rich and have a conscience -- Obama supporters.

Rich corporations and their top execs who only care about their bottom line and getting even richer on the backs of their workers -- Romney supporters.

o

But that's the "American way", didn't you know that?

Let the free market sort things out, they always do and didn't you know that they "know how to do it too"?

Yup off the backs of the people that need the help the most.

Must be the new mantra of the GOP. give em sh$t an shove em in it.

o

Wow, $40'000 a seat and Beyonce sent me an email saying if I donate just $5.00 I would have a chance to sit at the table with Her, JZ and our President. What an honor! Hell just the price of the seat would pay off our mortgage. But that is nothing compared to the money those oil nuts are throwing away at the super pacs for Willard. Too bad it is not being used for the good of the people instead like they lie about in their commercials where they make no mention of the word Fracking. MAJOR FAIL FOR THEM!

o

Constant fabrications showing President Obama in a negative light.

Despising or trolling?

Possibly both.

There are legitimate reasons to criticize the actions that President Obama has taken. However, these diatribes manage to miss those, and instead concentrate on fictions.

o

But figuring out what is fact and what is fiction takes critical thinking skills and time.

Apparently the critical thinking skills are lacking in the GOP supporters and they are not capable of taking the time to learn critical thinking skills.

o

Don, my daughter got the same email, an invite for a chance to party with Beyonce and the Obamas.

/considerable hilarity ensued.

o

Let's be clear, also, on the idea that sarcasm does not automatically translate into hatred. A lot of us use sarcasm to show our displeasure in a humorous way. But then, that's where good comprehension comes into play.

In all seriousness, we have to remove the money aspect from our political happenings... otherwise, it's all a sham and a waste.

o

I find it incredulous that Obama's economy is a failure (borrowed money for a stimulus that did not work), joblessness is now just a way of life, debt is about to drown us, and riots are breaking out all of the Middle East because no one knows where Obama stands, who he supports, what he really thinks, or where America stands. The one thing we do know is that people that hate us are sure testing us now more than ever.

One thing they do know is that Obama is their friend and he's sorry that the United States has been so bad to them before he became president and made everything all better.

But by all means, let's denigrate a man that hasn't done any of those things.

Let's not talk about who we have in office right now that is Master of this Mess.

o

Demi 99% of your rant is false and the 1% is opinion.

o

I find it incredulous that Obama's economy is a failure (borrowed money for a stimulus that did not work) WRONG, many professional (in fact, most of them) say that the stimulus did make a difference in a positive direction.

joblessness is now just a way of life WRONG, we are adding jobs every month when in 2008-09 we were losing them every month by the hundreds of thousands.

debt is about to drown us Talk to all your Congressmen about how to fix this; raising revenue and cutting expenses is currently on the table.

riots are breaking out all of the Middle East because no one knows where Obama stands, who he supports, what he really thinks, or where America stands. And more WRONG. Riots are not breaking out BECAUSE no one knows where Obama stands, what he really thinks or where America stands.

o

Fri, Sep 14, 12 at 11:11

Your incredulity is misplaced... (see how I did that...).

"Obama is their friend and he's sorry..."

Demi, I honestly thought you were smarter than that. I know you know we're smarter than that.

Correct, Romney has done next to nothing... and you believe this qualifies him for the presidency?

I'm certain there are legit gripes against Obama, I have many.
I'm becoming much less certain that there are any positive things to say about Mitt.

o

Jeesh demi, just because Romney worked hard and earned a lot of money doesn't mean he knows squat about economics. Obama was a community organizer and gave money (other peoples) away, and he is still doing a fine job of it. And just look at his foreign policy skills, we are neither loved nor feared in any corner of the world. And as far as jobs, he created 96,000 last month which is wonderful. Just because 360,000 quit looking altogether, bunch of lazy bums.

o

worked hard ..screwed whom, off shored as much as possible! Today it's a virtue for the Tea creatures & their fellow travelers, a candidate would have quit in shame 20 years ago you guys values are fluid & arbitrary?
Failed ?the bench mark was an understood or fictitious point that you folks can vary at will. Like Mission accomplished ya'll swooned when the fool announced that with his war on the cheap but I suppose it helped some forum folks retirements plans.
What a miserable pack of creatures you are!

o

Fri, Sep 14, 12 at 12:41

"Romney worked hard and earned a lot of money doesn't mean he knows squat about economics."

Bain? Seriously? You want to elect this joker based on what he did at Bain? Lets talk about that then. Romney started with "a lot of money" then bought distressed companies some he either liquidated their assets or fired their work force and offshored jobs cut costs and sold them. Others he crippled with crushing debt, paid Bain huge fees and bankrupted. He then used and continues to use any loophole available to hide whatever profits he makes. Bain has over 130 funds based out of the Cayman Islands and Romney last received a payment from Bain of 2 mil just this past June.

Or, are we talking about Sankaty High Yield Asset Investors Ltd.?

Or, are we talking about the 42 million he made in carried interest and only paid 15% on?

You people can't possibly be this stupid, there HAS to be something else going on.

o

When Obama took office, the DOW stood at 7,949....today the DOW is over 13,600. The DOW was 2,700 points lower when Bush left office than when he took office eight years earlier.

By the time the first Tuesday in November rolls around, the national unemployment rate will probably be under 8%.

Yes, I really do wonder what the Republicans will do to turn around this economy.

-Ron-

o

More private sector jobs have been created during Obama's 3 plus years than the entire Bush tenure.

If it had not been for job losses in the public sector, which Republicans applaud, unemployment would be considerably lower probably nearer the 6% rate. Over 1 million jobs have been lost at the federal level alone.

Not saying it should not happen but one must acknowledge that this has a significant impact on the unemployment rate.

Even when you take that out of the equation the US is within 200k jobs of replacing all the jobs lost as a result of the recession created under Bush.

I love debates centred around facts, jmc is very good at that, but debate based on personal opinion with no basis in fact is a waste of time.

o

Jesus Christ was a Community organizer. He was not an American. I bet today a cross with nails would not be enough for some.

Gone are the days when it was a virtue to help people in need vs making a lot of money. Next it will be honorable to be a hit man. Because he made a lot of money.

Romney, well I shutter to think the way some bow at his feet because he was born with a silver foot in his mouth has money and have stolen the livelihood of so many is a good thing. Heck he has a lot of money that is all that counts.

Republicans think
-Perry labels Romney, Bain Capital as "vultures"
-Mitt Romney "the worst Republican in the country to put up against Barack Obama" said Santorum

So I say worship his money if you must but don't fool yourself he is some wonderful businessman. I have worked with businessmen all my life and Venture Capitalist are viewed as nothing more than ghetto businessmen. Not the cream of the crop business models. There is no risk and no honor in that segment of business.

o

"Yes, I really do wonder what the Republicans will do to turn around this economy."

We all know what they'll do... grab what they can, and the only turn around you'll see is them running offshore to hide it all. They can't make their intentions any clearer. It's all about the money, honey!

o

So now I am being given lessons from the left....on how to modulate my written word so it doesn't come across as hate and angry messaging.

Ok, I can do that.
I'm not a hating kind of person at all so I will put some sugar in my post
so it won't be interpreted as anger.

I do want to make myself clear on one point.
I do not hate Obama.
I have no respect for him in any way, shape form
or fashion.

Just like most of you feel about Romney.
The words you say and how you feel about Romney is
no better or worse than how I feel about Obama.

Can I describe liberals feelings toward Romney as
hate and anger??????????
Would that be accurate?
I don't want to give deeper meaning to liberals attitude
toward Romney than they actually mean.

Are we all in line with our thoughts and feelings toward
our particular candidates?
Or is it just a conservative who is so full of anger and hate?

o

The worse the R&R twins are doing, the more conservative public speakers admonish their own conservative candidates -

- the greater the vitriolic comments regarding their President becomes from most conservative posters here in Hot Topics.

Anybody else notice this?

o

Yep, they are getting scared.

o

solid observation mylab.

& I'm sure they all consider themselves moderates.

o

They rubbed honey on their body with voter ID stop the vote, Birth Control, Abortion, Who you sleep with, ran over with a little stick R&R and poked the bears. The Bear woke up.

The Democratic base was sleeping. But they woke them up with lots of honey rubbed all over them. People are voting because they are fighting back.

o

I disagree. Except for the birther Elvis who announced herself as a "moderate conservative Independent!" *LOL*, most just stick to referring to themselves as Independents.

Which, from reading their comments, I have drawn the conclusions it means waay further to the right than the average GOP candidate and republican voter.

I would exempt Demi from the group, I suspect that she possibly is in fact, the same sort of an actual Independent as am I, probably to a lesser degree.

I can see myself voting for the right republican PRESIDENT and congressman or senator - under the right circumstances - which WILL most certainly exist - in the future. That is what a true Independent is, imo.

IMO, an Independent isn't someone who "does her thinking for herself and is not dictated to by someone else" who also has never voted for a Democratic congressman or Senator or, GOD forbid, President except for maybe 30+years ago but more someone who actually has MAYBE voted once or twice for the democrat who is running for city mayor, alderman or the local dog catcher.

Or, somebody who hasn't voted ever for any democrat but did vote for a Tea Creature, which makes her an Independent!

Tea party members most certainly aren't Independents (who does their own thinking for themselves!) either. They are right wing nut jobs who are angry at the GOP because it is just waaaaay too soft. We have nukes! Rattle them! And who knows EXACTLY how to balance the budget, making good use of the poor, the sick and the elderly. And how to be the world dictator.

IMO

o

Fri, Sep 14, 12 at 15:59

Totally agree Marquest. That was my biggest fear, that Romney would keep his mouth shut, keep smiling for the camera and backdoor his way in as a stealth candidate. People are starting to pay attention.

o

Repeat:
hate and anger??????????
Would that be accurate?
I don't want to give deeper meaning to liberals attitude
toward Romney than they actually mean.

Are we all in line with our thoughts and feelings toward
our particular candidates?
Or is it just a conservative who is so full of anger and hate?

o

The WHOLE GOP is the party of HATE. Just watch their idols on Fox news.

o

I have only heard one liberal here rail against Romney's faith and no one make any suggestions he lies about his faith.

Nor have I heard anyone suggest he is not an American citizen nor have I heard anyone suggest he has a hidden agenda to destroy America forever.

For the most part I have only heard that some believe he does not have the interests of the American middle class in mind, he is an elitist and that he can't seem to stay on message.

Those aren't hateful comments they are observations on his stated positions and track record.

o

I agree Marquest, what an excellent way to describe how they have worked themselves. Honey. Flies.

The honey has been eaten though, they might be getting forced to talk.

I'm really interested in what Ryan has to say for what he has stated in the past he believes in as far as women's right to medical procedures goes. Really, really interested in his definition of rape. And I want to watch Romney;s face and head movements as Ryan talks about it.

o

hate and anger??????????
Would that be accurate?

Nope. Not my feelings at least. My feelings toward Romney lean more towards his Bush-level competency. He and his chosen keep repeating the same kind of mantras that Bush & Cheney did. The big difference for me is that Bush & Cheney inherited a full-bore bull economy that they managed to dismember whereas if Romney & Ryan somehow got in, they'd be inheriting a fragile, recovering economy. I can just imagine the damage that they would do in four years.

-Ron-

o

Posted by marquest z5 PA (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 14, 12 at 13:16

Jesus Christ was a Community organizer.

And I wouldn't vote for Him for President, either.

All the smarts in the world don't get things done.

Just look at Obama, how smart he was supposed to be--and he hasn't even met the most important economic goals he set for his own presidency.

What we need is something that actually knows how to accomplish something rather than just talk about it.

o

...and he hasn't even met the most important economic goals he set for his own presidency.

Can you tell me what you understand to be his most important economic goals he set in 2009?

Just before Obama took office, these are what I read he gave in a speech as his first, immediate objectives:

Convey a positive sense to America and the world that help is on the way;

Reassure the U.S. middle class that Obama will promote its interests;

Lower expectations that the new administration will be able to improve the situation immediately by arguing that it will take a considerable amount of time, and

Demonstrate that Obama is already working hard to seize the moment, even though he doesn't take office until January 20.

Now in January 2009 he gave a speech about his American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan:

double renewable energy production and make public buildings more energy efficient;

rebuild crumbling roads, bridges and schools;

computerize the health care system

modernize classrooms, labs and libraries;

and provide tax breaks to American workers.

Plus, the main focus of this Plan was to create 3 million new jobs. Remember in 2008 alone, under Bush the US lost over 2 million jobs.

In his latest convention speech, Obama talked about specific goals he wants for the next four years:

creating one million new manufacturing jobs by the end of 2016,

doubling exports by the end of 2014,

reducing the federal deficit by $4 trillion over the next decade,

halving net oil imports by 2020,

cutting the growth of college tuition in half over the next 10 years,

and training two million workers for jobs.

Of course achieving these kinds of goals with a congress full of animus puts a huge barrier in the way.

-Ron-

o

Jesus Christ was a Community organizer.
And I wouldn't vote for Him for President, either.

Demi I know you would not vote for Jesus Christ. If you read my entire paragraph I know who would get your vote and why.

I said........
Jesus Christ was a Community organizer. He was not an American. I bet today a cross with nails would not be enough for some.

When you see comments that Romney is rich, a businessman and that President Obama was JUST a community organizer. I realize that success in your eyes would be how much money he made.

They took two different paths. They both went to the same Law School. On their road of life accomplishments............

-One strapped his dog to the roof of his car and never looked back.
-One put the dog in the car and stopped along the way to help others.

Some people rich means what they do for others and not how much money you have in a Swiss bank account.

o

When you see comments that Romney is rich, a businessman and that President Obama was JUST a community organizer. I realize that success in your eyes would be how much money he made.

They took two different paths. They both went to the same Law School. On their road of life accomplishments............

Some people rich means what they do for others and not how much money you have in a Swiss bank account.

Perfectly said, Marquest.

o

Ron.......I think this sums up Obama's leadership and
this is where we have ended up.

o

Demi, I have a question for you. How would you simultaneously:

1. Increase employment in the US.
2. Increase GNP/grow the economy
3. Cut the deficit
4. Reduce your tax burden
And if you choose to consider this next one
5. keep inflation at a modest level

The first 4 things are your platform. Please explain even at a high level how all 4 of those things can be accomplished simultaneously by Romney, Obama or anyone's policy. I don't believe they can and I would like to be shown the error in my thinking.

o

One ate the dog!

o

Follow the road Ms what your parents feed you.,......YOU have no choice. But as adults we have a choice. I will repeat (maybe the second time you will get the meaning) as adults.....

o

Lack of short term memory and impatience. That's about all I can say to describe the attitudes displayed by the typical Fox/Rush moonie. Good grief.

What part of "Obama INHERITED a poor economy" do some people not understand?

o

One ate the dog!

Sorry but your attempted gotcha fell flat. It's asinine to compare the actions of a 6 year old to those of an adult.

Obama's actions had no nefarious intention nor was it wrong in the country where he was living at the time. Mitt on the other hand was an adult and should have known better. He made a conscious decision to abuse his dog and break the law.

Mrsk, you should be more concerned about the polls continuing to trend towards Obama in key states then what he ate as a child.

o

Jmc , I always enjoy your perspective. You are one of the very few posters here who has a knowledgeable grasp of the economic situation in the US, how you got there, and what will be required to get you out of the financial mess.

I wish you would pipe in more. You are what I would call a truly balanced conservative......not saying this liberal always agrees with you but I do respect your opinion.

o

I bet if you asked JayZ or his wife where Obama stands on anything other than he's black, they wouldn't have a clue. Oh and before you jump on me calling me a racist, the polls and surveys have been conducted throughout the country and 90% of black people said they are voting for him only because he's black and they could care less what he's done, will do or can do. So go scream at them, not me.

o

Got a link for that claim ggm? or is that another one of the talking point claims from faux news?

o

I bet if you asked JayZ or his wife where Obama stands on anything other than he's black, they wouldn't have a clue.

Your on a (t)roll today GGM. First your comments about Muslims and now this.

They are both bright, successful, articulate people just like their white counterparts. Besides your own personal bias what have either of them done or said that makes you state nonsense like this? And don't use the lame excuse of these bogus polls.

Oh and before you jump on me calling me a racist, the polls and surveys have been conducted throughout the country and 90% of black people said they are voting for him only because he's black and they could care less what he's done, will do or can do.

Where are all these polls and survey's you are citing? There are none. There are no legitimate polls that say that 90% of African-Americans are voting for Obama solely because he is black and they don't care about the issues affecting all of us. I call BULL on this lie and your sources that you are trying to use to substantiate your own opinion.

GGM, I posted this in response to your post on another thread but it is as applicable here. Your posts continue to show a bizarre combination of paranoia, fantasy and ignorance and as of today, bigotry.

o

Posted by chase z6 (My Page) on Fri, Sep 14, 12 at 7:38

"If one cannot see anger and even something akin to hatred, maybe despise is a better word, in CW posts it is because they have similar attitudes."

That's a threat, isn't it. Why not just say it plainly: "Join the mob and stick it to City any way you can, or we'll treat you the same way we are treating her."

I don't agree with everything ANYONE says; I don't have to and neither do any of you.

Posted by marquest z5 PA (My Page) on Fri, Sep 14, 12 at 15:52

"They rubbed honey on their body with voter ID stop the vote, Birth Control, Abortion, Who you sleep with, ran over with a little stick R&R and poked the bears. The Bear woke up.
The Democratic base was sleeping. But they woke them up with lots of honey rubbed all over them. People are voting because they are fighting back."

Posted by mylab123 z5NW (My Page) on Fri, Sep 14, 12 at 16:36

"I agree Marquest, what an excellent way to describe how they have worked themselves. Honey. Flies.
The honey has been eaten though, they might be getting forced to talk."

I sure can't understand why you encourage this person to post this kind of nonsense. If she does this up close and personal, in the "real world", people are NOT going to get it.

The image of the flies makes me think of the story "Lord of the Flies". You attackers are the boys:

"Jack declares himself the leader of the new tribe of hunters and organizes a hunt and a violent, ritual slaughter of a sow to solemnize the occasion. The hunters then decapitate the sow and place its head on a sharpened stake in the jungle as an offering to the beast. Later, encountering the bloody, fly-covered head, Simon has a terrible vision, during which it seems to him that the head is speaking. The voice, which he imagines as belonging to the Lord of the Flies, says that Simon will never escape him, for he exists within all men. Simon faints. When he wakes up, he goes to the mountain, where he sees the dead parachutist. Understanding then that the beast does not exist externally but rather within each individual boy, Simon travels to the beach to tell the others what he has seen. But the others are in the midst of a chaotic revelry--even Ralph and Piggy have joined Jack's feast, and when they see Simon's shadowy figure emerge from the jungle, they fall upon him and kill him with their bare hands and teeth."

o

the polls and surveys have been conducted throughout the country and 90% of black people said they are voting for him only because he's black and they could care less what he's done, will do or can do.

Unless you have a source that you can cite for this, I don't believe a word of it. If you examine voting for African Americans since FDR, you'll find high percentages for the Demoractic presidential candidate. And the GOP has ruined its brand among Latinos.

During George W. Bush's time in office, his approval rating by African Americans was so low that if the margin of error were to be considered, approval was less than zero.

With the GOP convention in Tampa registering as one long sustained dog whistle on race, I doubt that many minorities will be voting for Romney.

o

"I bet if you asked JayZ or his wife where Obama stands on anything other than he's black, they wouldn't have a clue."

I imagine if we switched Obama to Romney, JayZ to CW or Greatgollymolly, and black to white the same would be true.

o

Brilliant, Frank (not).

But at least you don't do much overt insulting of posters; I'll give you that.

o

What a racist thing to say, Molly, unless you personally know JZ and Beyonce. Just because they're super stars doesn't mean they don't have a brain.

MrsK , your desperation is showing. Comparing a 6 year old kid living in another land and a grown man with five sons who straps his dog on the roof of the car for a 12 hour trip is a man who cannot make rational decisions. A man, who when he was an older teen, shaved the head of a gay classmate, a man who got a policeman uniform and stopped cars with a siren and flashing lights. How many of you would have made those same decisions?

o

It's going to be a long, little less than 2 months till the election is over.

Hold on cause the racist comments are just beginning now.

Lily, you are right, panic mode is setting in already.

It's gonna get worse as the days count down.

True colors will show up again, they just can't hide them as "D" day gets close.

o

"Brilliant, Frank (not)"

Wow, thanks for the 1991 reference. "not"

I almost threw you in with the other two, but I thought that would be mean since we have had friendly conversations otherwise (even though I believed it to be true). I have to admit that I am done playing with you with kid gloves.

o

Damn. I love kid gloves. "1991"???

o

People that lack a real sense of humor tend to reference very old jokes. I am sure you said "whaaasuuup" like the commercial for way too long or "where's the beef? ". On this website, the people with no sense of humor tend to say "not" after trying to be sarcastic. Pretty much all of the people that talk like that are jokes. That is a SAD "Wayne's World" reference from 1991. They do not realize how old they are and that their reference is over 20 years old.

o

"Brilliant, Frank (not)"

Wow, thanks for the 1991 reference. "not"

I almost threw you in with the other two, but I thought that would be mean since we have had friendly conversations otherwise (even though I believed it to be true). I have to admit that I am done playing with you with kid gloves.

o

Chase, thank you. You've reached one Incorrect conclusion about me, though...I'm not conservative in my politics. I am pragmatic and one who will be devil's advocate quite regularly.

o

Well, JMC, whatever you do, don't leave HT anytime soon. You've managed to walk the tightrope here without pissing people off and still express your observations. There are only a few like you who are successful at that(and regrettably I'm not one of them--this is tricky for me).

Have a good day :D

o

Oh, I've pissed plenty of people off, elvis.

o

You know how it is, Epi... some people just "know" things because they read it in a circulating email they received, so it must be true... I mean, the email said it was. ;-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here