Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This is What You Get...

Posted by shaxhome Thimphu, Bhutan (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 20, 13 at 3:34

...when you elect an extreme right wing government. Abbott has been in power for less than a week, and his first decision?

"The Abbott Government has abolished the Climate Commission, pushing ahead with its plan to scrap government bodies associated with Labor's carbon pricing scheme and climate change policy."

Climate Change Naysayers. Sound familiar?

Here is a link that might be useful: Say it Ain't So!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This is What You Get...

Aussies tend to be unreliable and unpredictable...

o

Shax yes, that was a doozy all right! No longer any INDEPENDANT information about climate change. Abbott says it was too expensive so he saved us a pittance by having all the climate change info to come from his Governent department.

also he apparently could only find ONE woman to serve in his cabinet! out of 19 positions.
We are back in the dark ages over here.

and of course, he will be apologising to the Indonesians for the ebb in the flow of live cattle exports......to be butchered alive in the Indonesian abbatoirs.

Live cattle exports are a national disgrace for our country.
Not that the Labor party was much better in that regard.

I actually voted GREEN...as the only posible alternative.

So with the advent of Abbott and his small Government we are back in the dark ages.

the climate change commission wont be the last his axe will fall on.

With an economy doing well and one of only 7 countries in the world to have a triple AAA rating from all 3 credit agencies...coupled with low unemployment.....how abbott managed to con the Australian voters into thinking they were in danger of Labor "screwing up" is beyond me.

we deserve what we get...but , as I have often said..that is democracy for you.

o

Yes, backwards, very backwards. Bring the hussy back..

o

All I can say is I'm glad our Conservative PM is a wimp......

o

My condolences, shax and yquinn, The One-Percenters have won another one of the their side. How long before a re-election can be forced?

o

I agree with Marshallz... another one bites the dust, more's the pity. More concentrated power...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here