Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Alcohol enemas the latest college fad!

Posted by tobr24u z6 RI (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 28, 12 at 4:23

This startling development makes one wonder why anyone sends their kid to college. Talk about bottoms up! BTW, what was the craziest thing that you ever did as a youth?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Alcohol enemas the latest college fad!

This isn't the first time it's been in the news... nor would I characterize it as just something crazy one does as a youth, either. It extends beyond the ordinary, into "my 18+ years on earth haven't taught me much about using common sense, at all".

This, and other idiotic stunts, are what separate normal people from those without the capacity to reason through a simple life equation. It's right up there with jumping off a 2nd or 3rd floor balcony. Doh!

Can't recall ever doing anything that even came close to such idiocy.

o

Maybe it is a guy thing...l

o

To want your alcohol inserted anally? I don't think so, Tobr. I think it's a "stupid" thing!

o

I would tell you about some of my youthful follies but this is a family forum...

o

Maybe it is a guy thing...l

I think it's a "stupid" thing!

I was gonna say 'ain't that the same?'. But I won't.

Richard! Where the heck do you get your news from?

o
RE: ohol enemas the latest college fad!

The alcohol enema story came from Imus and a local news program. And it isn't that men are stupid it is just that we can't resist a challenge...

o

Ya, I grew up in an era where kids did some mighty questionable things, too... and we got away with some of it... but they weren't on the level of stupidity that encompasses alcohol enemas. That's just plain a lack of common sense or the ability to think things through to conclusion.

How on earth does it seem like a good idea to do something like this?! You have to be missing a chromosome or two to even consider it!

o
RE: as the latest college fad!

No, there is the overwhelming need to be accepted by your peers...

o

5% of all deaths from diseases of the circulatory system are attributed to alcohol.
15% of all deaths from diseases of the respiratory system are attributed to alcohol.
30% of all deaths from accidents caused by fire and flames are attributed to alcohol.
30% of all accidental drownings are attributed to alcohol.
30% of all suicides are attributed to alcohol.
40% of all deaths due to accidental falls are attributed to alcohol.
45% of all deaths in automobile accidents are attributed to alcohol.
60% of all homicides are attributed to alcohol.

It's a national problem either due to use, abuse or dependency! College or not!

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 28, 12 at 10:17

Cobert summed it up - drunken @ss-holes.
("bottoms-up", heehee, pretty good tobr)

I was clean cut in my youth, my worse then would be woosie tame today.

o

"Butt Chugging" might be the latest fad in getting really high really fast, but it's a dangerous one. Not too unlike the vodka soaked tampons.

Trips to the ER with alcohol poisoning are probably the best cure - at least for one person at a time.

o

Most of the crazy stuff I started doing at a very young age was motorsports, daredevil, science/chemistry experiment, combustion and gun related.

It's a good thing that I'm highly resistant to injury and a fast healer.

I've never been much of a drinker.

o

Yes, Joe... and it's perfectly legal. Meanwhile, people go to prison for undue lengths of time, and carry felony records... over a plant, namely cannabis sativa. What's wrong with this picture?

o

I'm not a fan of pot either or an other mind dulling expanding, altering substance. Since I have a personal history with alcohol I suppose I'm more sensitive to the subject.

o

I can understand that, Joe. And from my own point of view, I can see clearly the vast differences between the two things, and why one is kept illegal, and the other... though much more damaging... is kept legal. There's a whole lot of corporate money, influence, and idealism tied up in it, as ridiculous as it is.

At the very least, cannabis holds medical value... while alcohol simply holds tragedy in one form or another. I've never in my life read a story of auto accident death related to marijuana only... while alcohol related deaths are too numerous to mention.

Personal likes or dislikes aside, though, we're ignoring the bigger picture, and pros and cons, of both things... in exchange for old fashioned, ingrained propagandist ideas and money.

o

I'm almost afraid of the answer, but how did anyone every come up with this in the FIRST place???

o

Bill, it seems that people are very interested in putting all kinds of things in their orifices. Little kids sticking tiny toys in their ears, Paul Newman eating all those hard-boiled eggs in "Cool Hand Luke", etc. People even create new orifices via piercing so that they can stick more things in their bodies.

Human nature, I guess.

I wonder about the health effects (good & bad) about ingesting alcohol anally vs. orally.

o

Bill I used to hear the little old ladies doing this because they had gastritis from drinking & would puke everything up. It was the only way they could get their maintenance alcohol usually just beer of watered down wine.

o

Better one for you, Bill: who thought to flip over cow paddies and find Psilocybin (magic) mushrooms, that they ate?
Wonderful hallucinogen, but consider the source!

o

steve: my brother did, and it was the best $hit I ever had.

No, really.

o

Seriously was for multiple Concerts! King Crimson, Prochol Harum & Yes on shrooms ooooooh baby!

o

Couldn't tell ya, Bill. Common sense and common knowledge regarding alcohol tell me that it's probably not the best idea the human brain has ever come up with. Then again, human brains are not all created equally, as we can clearly see by looking at today's society.

With age comes a certain wisdom, perhaps... but this kind of common sense should be present before we reach any sort of advanced age... if we want to reach it, that is.

I couldn't tell ya what prompts certain people to do the things they do, without a simple thought for the consequences. Such an action defies logic.

o

LOL! Reminds me of when Harry Potter vibrating broomstick toys were pulled off the market when it was found that kids were putting them in places they didn't belong !

Here is a link that might be useful: Harry Potter sex toy

o

"Harry Potter vibrating broomstick toys"

Who knew? Probably hot collector items, heh heh.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here