Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do you remember your first kiss?

Posted by tobr24u z6 RI (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 27, 13 at 4:58

I do. It happened in elementary school as the curtain closed on a little play and a cute girl snuck over and kissed me on the cheek. This kiss had to sustain me for a long, long time. The girl went on to be a "big cheese" thru junior and senior high while I fell into the nerd category. Tell us about your first smooch...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do you remember your first kiss?

And they say a gentleman never kisses and tells... ;-)

Yes, I do remember, and no I don't care to share it.

o

Com'on, If I was brave enough to share, couldn't you?

o

I do. I was in the first grade, on the school bus, with my first "boyfriend", and I can still remember his name. I was getting off the bus first and he gave me a little peck bye. And believe it or not, the bus driver did not get hysterical.

o

Well, so long as the bus driver didn't try to kiss you it was a good day...

o

My first real kiss was with my then boyfriend, a guy named Tony... on a park bench by our bus stop. It made my knees weak.

I don't remember how old we were... or much else about that time.

There.. you happy? ;-)

o

Yes, that's much better...

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 27, 13 at 7:28

Yes .... second grade, he had two of his friends hold me down on the floor while he stole a kiss. It was recess time and the teacher was the first out of the door, so I was ambushed.

Got on the playground and beat the heck out of him, when the principal called my momma they were still picking the gravel out of his knees.

o

Wow! A restraining order should been issued on all of you with mandatory counseling... Lol

o

In the 8th grade a girl insisted on kissing me on the lips at a dance. It was a bit traumatizing because she wasn't one of my crushes....

o

Second grade.

Had a boyfriend since first grade, second grade he was so proud the day he gave me a "diamond ring (I think it was one he got from the dentist big clear stone) and a peck on the cheek by the fence one day in the second grade. His name was Paul and he had big brown eyes and wrote me poems and his older married sister helped him select the sweetest Christmas gifts--one was ceramic poodle mama with two poodle babies on little gold chains and "fur" glued on their heads. Don't know what happened to that, but I still have the Valentines and Christmas cards from those years, we were "boyfriend and girlfriend" but that was in name only till through the sixth grade when we had a spat and "broke up."

Didn't have another boyfriend ever until I met DH at 24, so this boyfriend and first kiss was special. Paul died the same day my grandmother did when he was in his early thirties of cancer.
His sister wept holding me over his casket. I hope to see him again, freckles and big brown eyes.

First real kiss was a "home date" just before I turned fifteen--a friend was older and wanted her boyfriend and his friend to come to my house to watch TV with them. Somehow my mom wrangled permission from dad and we were in the den with the sliding door pulled through but mom would check on us every few minutes. During that time when the older girl's boyfriend sneaked a kiss this short kid grabbed me and asaulted me with slobber. My reaction is what inspired Peanut's Lucy when Snoopy kissed her.

o

ah haa PN Brown , that must be the root of all your troubles!!

o

Heh, probably not, I was already pretty traumatized before then....

o

YQ, and you?

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 27, 13 at 9:34

Age 7
A birthday party
Spin-the-bottle
Cute neighbor girl named Barbara

o

With a girl Annmarie S in Elementary school with a a boy Jackie O in elementary school!

o

• Posted by kwoods Cold z7 Long Is (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 27, 13 at 12:19

Erin, in kindergarten, who later became a stunning beauty.... and later still led a very troubled life.

o

I honestly don't remember. There were so many.

o

I remember the first kisses I did NOT get.

In first grade, Jerry and Larry (1st graders also) lived along the route I took home and whenever I passed their houses, they would burst out the doors and pursue me while explaining they just wanted to kiss me.

Not getting the point of a kiss, I put my pedal to the metal (figuratively speaking) and outran them until I could see my home in the distance (they always gave up at that point--their moms probably didn't let them wander further from home).

Larry also had the endearing trait of wanting to hit me with a book over my head--to show his affection.

Larry's family moved out of town during second grade and the after-school pursuits ceased--so I guess Larry must have been the ringleader in that particular game.

Ah, what might have been!

Kate

o

I don't remember any of the puppy dog type stuff... the grade school crushes...

I just remember the real stuff...the good stuff and the bad stuff... the stuff that helped shape who I am.

Like Ohiomom, I don't remember every name or face.

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 27, 13 at 13:20

LOL Jodi I remember this particular 2nd grader's name quite well ... I also remember one of my friends and I hanging him and one of his cohorts upside down from our swingset ... hey they let us do it and we left ... my mother said "what is wrong with you"?

I do remember the first name of my first young love, and the kiss we shared in mama's basement. I broke up with him, and he never forgave me (to this day).

The rest of the kids I grew up with, some I remember and some I don't.

o

No, I don't remember.

o

It's interesting what some people remember & what gets
edited out!

o

Who the heck cares about grammar school smacks? Let's hear about your first romantic kiss! What happened afterwards?

Jodik has already led the way. We're talking about what she described -- a kiss that 'left your knees weak'.

I was about 16. We were visiting with family friends in the East. After dinner, their 19-year-old son took me out to see the sights in his car. A heavy rainstorm started, and we parked. (He surely had planned to park ANYWAY.)

How could immature HS boys look good to me after that? Except that...this guy was pretty immature himself. We corresponded, and he came to Chicago for a while one summer. I eventually realized that his charm and attraction didn't overcome the fact that he'd never amount to a hill of beans. The girl back home who had been 'on offer' for years and wanted to 'marry up' got pregnant, and they married. She and his parents supported them until her premature death.

He and I had, and probably still would have, sexual attraction for one another. Although it was painful at the time, I'm glad I was 'an innocent' who did not end up stuck with this guy!

o

gee in some states today he could be arrested!~

o

Spin the bottle , age 11 with Donnie Martin. I started going steady at 14 -16 with a guy named Bobby ,so he must have been the first real kiss.

o

I'm sorry, Ohiomom... my bad... I meant to say, Jerzee! :-)

It's been a helluva day... I just mixed up the names.

o

Chisue said:
I eventually realized that his charm and attraction didn't overcome the fact that he'd never amount to a hill of beans.
He and I had, and probably still would have, sexual attraction for one another. Although it was painful at the time, I'm glad I was 'an innocent' who did not end up stuck with this guy!

Unrequited love is something that never seems to die. Perhaps it could have all worked out. You could have helped to make him better and he could have given so much to you.
Now, you will never know.

o

another elementary kiss...attended vine st elementary (as in hollywood and vine) not much to tell when you're in grade school, lol...

o

Was that Jerzee or Jezebel? Anyhoo, ...this is what Edna says about the topic:.....

"What lips my lips have kissed, and where, and why,
I have forgotten, and what arms have lain
Under my head till morning; but the rain
Is full of ghosts tonight, that tap and sigh
Upon the glass and listen for reply,
And in my heart there stirs a quiet pain
For unremembered lads that not again
Will turn to me at midnight with a cry.

Thus in winter stands the lonely tree,
Nor knows what birds have vanished one by one,
Yet knows its boughs more silent than before:
I cannot say what loves have come and gone,
I only know that summer sang in me
A little while, that in me sings no more."

Edna
St. Vincent Millay

o

And something beautiful from William Butler Yeats.....

A Last Confession

What lively lad most pleasured me
Of all that with me lay?
I answer that I gave my soul
And loved in misery,
But had great pleasure with a lad
That I loved bodily.
Flinging from his arms I laughed
To think his passion such
He fancied that I gave a soul
Did but our bodies touch,
And laughed upon his breast to think
Beast gave beast as much.
I gave what other women gave
"That stepped out of their clothes.
But when this soul, its body off,
Naked to naked goes,
He it has found shall find therein
What none other knows,
And give his own and take his own
And rule in his own right;
And though it loved in misery
Close and cling so tight,
There's not a bird of day that dare
Extinguish that delight.

o

Nice poetry, people... thanks!

Lust and love are so very different, but it sometimes takes the wisdom wrought of time to learn or know the difference...

Fortunate are those who have both, and can successfully meld the twain into a timeless thing...

o

I remember the first time I held hands with a boy. But, for the life of me, I can't remember the first kiss. Oh well. Maybe that's why I love to hold hands with DBF.

o

Yes; but who. I can't even remember if it was a girl or a boy!

I do remember the first orgasm vividly. That's all I have to say about that.

o

My story is a little strange. I might have been 8 or so, on summer vacation and thrown together with a child actress whose presence in my town was never clear to me. She might have been a year or two older; hard to tell because she kept bragging about all her sexual exploits with men of the theater. She scared me to death by trying first to seduce this good Catholic altar boy and then decided to force the issue. I defended my virtue the best I could and she and soon enough she and her guard were gone. Don't remember her name. Remember her budding body and foul mouth very vocal between attempts at French Kissing me. I learned an early lesson about nymphomaniacs.

o

Yikes. Are you sure that wasn't a dream, Marshall? ;P

o

I don't remember the kiddie stuff no, but I remember my first real kiss.

After school my 8th grade year, in the Coach's classroom, with a pretty popular guy. He had leaned out of the room and said, "Hey, I wanna talk to you," then pulled me into the room and kissed me.

I was a couple of minutes late getting to my mom's car, and she acted really suspicious but didn't say anything.

It wasn't a very good kiss in retrospect, but it was pretty exciting to me at the time!

o

labrea -- No arrest. I'm pretty sure I was the last virgin bride when I married at 23. (Not that I think that's necessary, or even wise.)

heri_cles -- I'm afraid we would both have been miserable if we had married. I do regret believing I had to be so 'upright' -- pun intended.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here