Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is George Zimmerman a "loose cannon"?

Posted by ronalawn82 z9FL (ronalawn08@gmail.com) on
Thu, Sep 5, 13 at 7:14

Most ordinary human beings would be relieved to be acquitted of a manslaughter charge.
This feeling of relief would be followed by a resolve to avoid culpable wrong doing.
But not Mr. George Zimmerman!
July 13: Acquitted of second degree murder / manslaughter.
July 18: Helped rescue a family in overturned vehicle.
July 28: Pulled over for speeding in Texas. Warned.
Sep 04: Pulled over for speeding in Florida. Given ticket.
My opinion is that Mr. Zimmerman has a very high opinion of himself; to the extent that he can operate outside of, or above, the law.
Unless he has a genuine change of attitude, I make bold to say that he will get into serious trouble.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is George Zimmerman a "loose cannon"?

Loose and loaded!

o

No gun in the car this time though. Wonder if he had to ask the officer if he recognized him from TV.

Face it, the guy's an azzhat.

o

Was he frisked? lol!

o

I'd say he has a lead foot. I know people who have gotten more speeding tickets than he has in the same time frame. I hate to think what his insurance rates are. Maybe those and the threat of losing his license will make him slow down.

Whether or not he is a loose cannon remains to be seen.

o

I agree, Ron. I just hope the big trouble that seems to be coming doesn't involve another innocent being killed.

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 5, 13 at 11:35

"Remains to be seen"? How many more unarmed minors does he need to kill first?

o

His wife was very, very unhappy with the fact George did not go with her to her trial for perjury. She said she felt "very much alone" and "slightly" hung out to dry. She would not say if they were still together but said she had a lot of thinking to do about whether she stayed with Zimmerman.

She also apologized to the Martin family

Can't have been an easy year, or so, for her but she did say that the marital problems were there before the homicide. In fact she was not home the night of the shooting. She had gone to her fathers house the night before as a result of a huge fight between her and George.

I know she lied and perjured herself, she knows she did too, but I could not help bur feel sorry for her. Another of Georges victims, maybe maybe not, but it's how she came across to me.

o

As I said in the other thread, he is a punk thru and thru. I saw the wife interviewed, and I'm guessing they're heading to the divorce court. He is an arrogant child killer, in my opinion, and we'll continue to hear more about him.

o

Husband and wife had a big fight the night before, and then the next day Zimmerman stalks and murders Martin? Some cause and effect there--displaced anger acted out on someone who "looked" like a criminal to Zimmerman? Yes, he would feel justified in releasing his anger in that case.

Too bad Martin wasn't a criminal, huh?

Maybe some of you already talked about this. I didn't follow the threads on the topic, so I might have missed it.

Kate

o

IMO he is a loose cannon. I said before the verdict "his life will never be the same" regardless if he was found guilty or innocent. His attitude will continue. Everyone get what they justly deserve.

o

Well, once you take a life -- and I don't mean in the line of duty for police or soldiers -- I figure you can only really go one of two ways.

It's either painful and sobering enough to you to live with that you become a much better person.

Or it gives you such a foul sense of power over others that you become a much worse person.

Signs don't point to the former in Zimmerman's case imo.

o

OMG, hush!

You people might awaken the beast causing it to rise up and come stomping into this thread, roaring once again about the victimhood of the outstanding citizen, innocent Z and that not so innocent punk kid who managed to get himself killed that night because of his poor choices of behavior!

Shhhhhhh....

o

Maybe George Zimmerman should be another of those topics we can't take any more of.

Yes, I ended my sentence with a preposition, but topics of which we can't take any more seemed clumsy.

I'll wait until he collects enough tickets to have to go to traffic school - something from which he might actually graduate. ;-)

o

Yeah, another one I'd rather not see in the news anymore.

duluth, you are forgiven.

o

I hope he lives long enough to tell the truth of that night.

I hope the next jerk kid of a judge will not get special treatment.

o

duluthinbloomz4, sometimes it is difficult to do.
Consider the teacher who told his students, "Never end a sentence with with! ....unless, of course, there is no other word to end it with!"
At other times avoiding it results in such clumsiness as, "These are the things up with which I will not put!" (attributed to Winston Churchill).

o

The Dazz Band:

So let it whip
(lets whip it baby)
Child
(lets whip it right)
Get a grip
(lets whip it baby, whip it all night)
Well, whats your trip
(oh no)
Child
C'mon let it whip
(C'mon whip)
(C'mon whip)

o

Well, there we go again.

edited to ask why a sexually explicit lyric is considered appropriate here.

This post was edited by pidge on Thu, Sep 5, 13 at 19:50

o

And now divorce court for ol' Georgie.

o

Sexually explicit? Huh?

Oh, do you mean the "grip" part? Well, here, in this context, I mean a "grip" on reality.

Really, I thought this song was about dancing.

ROFL

o

Posted by lily316 z5PA (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 6, 13 at 1:26

And now divorce court for ol' Georgie.

She probably doesn't want to live with a killer.

~Ann

o

I didn't know they had had a blow-out that night. Very interesting. So he had to be p'd off when he saw Trayvon.

If he were smart he would be keeping a low profile. He has enough rope, and is full of himself like OJ, and eventually he'll hang himself. Just give him time.

o

Socks, that was how I initially read it, but apparently it was the day before that they had a fight and she had left the house.
When asked if her husband had a volatile temper, she wouldn't answer. Which is answer enough.

~Ann

Here is a link that might be useful: Link

o

TxanGoddess
Or it gives you such a foul sense of power over others that you become a much worse person.

TxanGoddess sounds like you called this one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ms Zimmerman

o

ron -- You left off the 2005 charges for domestic battery and assault of an arresting officer.

Charges were dropped. I understand the wife dropping charges, but surely Daddy Judge had something to do with dropping the assault of an officer portion.

IMO, this had a lot to do with the police buying Zimmerman's story in the later killing. They had already been instructed that he was 'special'. They collected no evidence, and any justice went downhill from there.

o

Yes, chisue. The cops bought his story regarding the 17 year old. So did the jury. The cops were right in the first place, not to bring charges. Prosecutors don't like loser cases. But someone, for gee, some reason, insisted on trying the case.

o

The cops bought his story regarding the 17 year old.

Wrong october17..............................................................

A Sanford Police incident report shows the case was categorized as “homicide/negligent manslaughter.”

The state attorney’s office held off pending further review, The Miami Herald has learned.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/27/2718130/sanford-cops-wanted-to-charge.html#storylink=cpy

Despite public claims that there wasn’t enough probable cause to make a criminal case in the Trayvon Martin killing, early in the investigation the Sanford Police Department requested an arrest warrant from the Seminole County State Attorney’s office, the special prosecutor in the case told The Miami Herald on Tuesday.

o

Came in from the garden and saw CNN saying Mr. Zimmerman was in custody for "domestic investigation".
Don't quote me on that because I may have it wrong - quick glimpse of the TV screen.

o

George Zimmerman has been taken into custody in Central Florida after his estranged wife called police saying he threatened her and her father with a gun.
More, lots more surely to follow.....

o

Mon, Sep 9, 13 at 15:27

Quick! Somebody hand his wife a gun!! Oh wait, he's already in custody.

But that would have been the solution to the situation, of course - make sure everyone present has a gun of their own. See, that's why Trayvon died - only George had a gun. Neither one of them having a gun wouldn't have prevented the death - George could have pulled up a shrub that was loose because it had root rot and clubbed Trayvon to death with that. Over a period of hours. Or maybe looked around and found a rock lying in one of the flower beds, thrown that at him.

This post was edited by bboy on Mon, Sep 9, 13 at 15:30

o

Do you suppose the man may have an anger management issue?

o

Why does this come as no surprise? I am very glad to not be a member of the jury that acquitted this awful man.

o

"George Zimmerman Was Just ‘Taken Into Custody After Altercation With A Gun’"

"The fight comes days after Shellie Zimmerman filed for divorce and discussed her relationship with George Zimmerman on a TV interview.

Since being acquitted in the shooting death of Martin, George Zimmerman has been pulled over twice for speeding."

More at the link... apparently, no charges have yet been filed, but the man is in custody.

Here is a link that might be useful: Oops...

o

He's got issues all right; anger management may be the least of them.

o

Okay, all you defenders of this idiot, come forth. This guy will have a rap sheet a mile long. Let's hope his gun backfires on him, and leaves the world a little safer. Loose cannon is an understatement. He has been arrested three times now since he was "acquitted". Now who's the punk?

o

He has been arrested three times now since he was "acquitted". Now who's the punk?

nutshell

o

I can't say that I'm surprised.

o

He really has not "been arrested," only stopped for speeding and brought into custody in the latest altercation and I hear he has now been released. The police could find no evidence that Shellie Zimmerman's father was injured.

Either the police are letting him off the hook at every turn or they are watching him so closely he can barely make a move. Either way it's not a good deal for him or for the rest of us.

o

I will just keep repeating. "his life will never be the same" regardless if he was found guilty or innocent. His attitude will continue. Everyone get what they justly deserve."

Anyone can twist into pretzels pointing to the dead kid with any made up reasons why the kid should be dead they should feel shame. But it will not matter all get what they deserve in the end.

Trayvon's family said they were in church when the verdict was read and prayed for justice. Maybe going to jail would not have presented the true picture of this man. He needed to be in the wide open space of society to confirm and demonstrate the truth.

o

One bad guy with a gun,
Other (good?) guys standing around.
Without guns.
Everyone just "standing their ground".

o

I think she provoked him ... for revenge ...;)

o

He punched her father in the nose and knocked his glasses off, grabbed her iPad out of her hand and smashed it, and took out a knife and slashed stuff. When the wife called back 911 on her dad's phone old Georgie was sitting in the car with his hand on his gun saying come closer. AND they let him go?

o

Yea, but was he wearing a hoodie on a rainy night?

I didn't think so.

o

I understand that they are considering whether to charge him. Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

o

Watching a report now. Zimmerman's lawyer just left her house and she is now saying she will not press charges. The police can still press charges because on the 911 tape she said there is a witness.

o

So, it was her fault for provoking him.

o

Mon, Sep 9, 13 at 20:10

Only if he raped her. In that case, of course it would have been her fault. Just like it was Trayvon's fault Zimmerman shot him - but for different reasons than if the victim was a woman being raped. But there are still reasons it would be the victim's fault, in both kinds of situations. For starters, if they weren't packing, then they were so stupid that they deserved whatever came to them. I mean, hel-loooooo! Obviously if everyone had guns, nobody would be victimized!!

Now let's talk about the need for all countries to have nuclear weapons.

o

I fear his feeling of invicibility continues to ramp up each time he gets away with something. He is another tragedy waiting to happen. Sadly this isn't an if, it is a when.

o

So, it was her fault for provoking him.

Of course it was her fault. Spousal abuse is always her fault....

Speeding....... it was his lead foot fault. They know people with this issue it is not a problem.

It was Trayvon's fault........teenage boys are full of vim and vigor they should be shot dead.

Trayvon's fault ........... had a facebook page that looked like he was a gangster.

It was her fathers fault.......... he had to hit him because he was there.

Maybe he will eat his self to death before he harms another person.

o

If I were Shellie or her father, I'd be armed day and night. He was at their house. Stand your ground. He knows all about it. This won't have a good ending.

o

Well, in her televised "interview", she said it was time for her. Her time for fame, it seems.

Drama queen wants some attention.

And, david, my my. What a sick joke. How can you make jokes about the hoodie. I can't believe!!!!!

o

See, David? According to October, it really is her fault!

o

What is her fault? Are you up in that wagon already pidge?

o

If his wife was to charge him with domestic violence
wouldn't he loose his permit to carry ?
Maybe she could do us all a favor...........

o

I can't believe this will end well ... especially for Shellie. If she thinks she is helping herself by not pressing charges, I think she is mistaken.

o

I believe here, it would be the police laying charges based on reasonable grounds. It wouldn't matter if Shellie changed her mind and didn't want the abuser charged. It is taken out of the wife's hands.

Posted by lily316 z5PA (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 9, 13 at 16:10

Okay, all you defenders of this idiot, come forth.

Lilly, I hope you aren't holding your breath.

~Ann

o

It's my understanding that the security cameras were still operable and the police are going to be looking at them. I think two scenarios are highly likely: George got ugly and physical or Shelly exaggerated everything as sometimes happens in divorce cases (or a bit of both). It sure looks like she wants to cash in. Anyone going to read her book? (You know it's coming! LOL)

I wonder when these people will no longer be in the news?

o

It's my understanding that the security cameras were still operable and the police are going to be looking at them. I think two scenarios are highly likely: George got ugly and physical or Shelly exaggerated everything as sometimes happens in divorce cases (or a bit of both). It sure looks like she wants to cash in. Anyone going to read her book? (You know it's coming! LOL)

I wonder when these people will no longer be in the news?

o

In the divorce Shellie is asking that her husband pay for a permanent life insurance policy with her named as the beneficiary.

Smart woman ??

o

I wondered why he smashed the iPad. It's because she recorded it all, and now police are trying to reconstruct it.

o

You lookin for me, lily?

o

Tue, Sep 10, 13 at 17:14

Maybe you mean "You talkin' to me?!".

Don't forget the squint, mohawk and army jacket.

o

Perhaps after yesterdays incident it would be best if he moved out of the house owned by his FIL and moved elsewhere. It is never a good idea to assault or theaten your landlord. His 15 minutes aren't up...the saga continues but his infamy is forever.

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 10, 13 at 18:07

Too bad MsZ didn't have a gun, she could have "stood her ground", feeling threatened and in her father's home she would had/have every LEGAL right to pull the trigger ... afterall isn't that what this law says you just have to "feel" threatened? Worked for georgie porgie.

o

• Posted by momj47 7A..was 6B (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 13, 13 at 13:01

Apparently the Police Chief in Lake Mary thinks he is a "Sandy Hook" waiting to go off.

In an email exchange with a Lake Mary resident critical of the department's initial decision not to arrest or charge Zimmerman, Bracknell appears to agree with the writer's description of Zimmerman, acquitted in July of murdering Martin, an unarmed black teenager, as "a ticking time bomb".

"Zimmerman is a Sandy Hook, Aurora waiting to happen," the resident, Santiago Rodriguez, told Bracknell in his first email, seeking an explanation for why Lake Mary officers did not charge Zimmerman.

Her backtracking left detectives relying on the iPad, which Hudson said was "in really bad shape."

"At this point, we do not have the tools available to effectively look at the video. As it stands right now, there will not be any charges anytime soon without that iPad," he said.

Bracknell described Monday's incident as "a very unusual occurrence" but denied there was any conspiracy or cover-up into why Zimmerman was released without charge after only a brief period "in investigative custody".

He's impulsive, he thinks he is some kind of hero, he's careless and reckless. Sooner, rather than later, he's going to shoot someone else, or someone else is going to shoot him.

Here is a link that might be useful: Link

o

My desire is that he not shoot anyone nor that anyone shoots him. More death by gun is not the answer to the puzzle that is George Zimmerman. But it does look like that may well be in the cards. I wonder if he is getting any kind of counseling or if there is anyone in his life whose advice or help he can accept. This is not going well.

o

marquest:

Maybe the cops sent in a routine request for an arrest warrant, because being the smart cops they are, they knew people (like you) and the press would make the incident into something it wasn't. Then, if this is true, the cops did their job and STILL have been cruicified by people (zealots like you) and the press.

The truth is, they all knew it was a loser case. Not enough evidence to charge him. But they had to put on a dog and pony show and fire a few white people to make it all look good for - you zealots. When they predictably lost the case, being the zealots you are, you all then went after the jury members.

You are all so predictable. Bet you all have a big foam finger just like Miley. Only it says "white people" on it.

Zealots ruin lives on untruths (piles of crap they think, when reapeated often enough, becomes the truth). I have no respect for any of you. I just laugh at your posts.

Bet you believe in the 21 virgins for jihad terrorists too. (or whatever the number is, bet you know it)

o

Bet you believe in the 21 virgins for jihad terrorists too

Reminds me of one those funny eCards - said "Don't die a virgin, terrorists are up there waiting for you!"

o

I have no respect for any of you.

Oh, dear. How will we sleep at night knowing this? Puhleeeaaase.

o

october17 you gave me my laugh for the day. Twist, Twist, name calling it will not matter in the end.

This zealot is confident in my first post. I have lived long enough to see it again and again,,,,,,,

Everyone get what they justly deserve."
Anyone can twist into pretzels pointing to the dead kid with any made up reasons why the kid should be dead they should feel shame. But it will not matter all get what they deserve in the end.

o

Meanwhile, up in Chicago.....

"Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel responded Wednesday to a two-decade saga of police torture in a way none of his predecessors had done before: He apologized.

A secret unit operating under the direction of former Chicago police commander Jon Burge carried out systemic torture of suspects in criminal cases, mainly African-Americans on Chicago's South Side, to produce false confessions between 1972 and 1991.

While the abuse has been widely documented, Mr. Burge was never criminally prosecuted, despite ongoing accounts of almost 200 men sent to prison based on forced confessions on his watch. Meanwhile, the statute of limitations has run out, preventing Burge from ever facing a criminal trial. He is currently serving a 4-1/2-year prison term for perjury and obstruction of justice charges from a 2010 civil case related to the torture cases.

The City of Chicago has paid millions to settle cases involving Burge. On Wednesday, the city council paid $6.15 million each to two torture victims who were released from prison four years ago. Both men spent 21 years in prison each before their exoneration.

In total, the city has spent about $85 million for settlements and legal fees related to 17 Burge torture cases. Cook County has spent about $10.7 million.

With at least 100 cases pending, the city faces heavy demands for compensation to victims under Burge. Mayor Emanuel has set aside more than $27 million to settle lawsuits for 2013 alone." snip end quote

Remember, kids, blindly trust the police. They're always right.

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

Let's due some simple math: City of Chicago pays $85mil; Cook County $10.7mil; Chicago sets aside $27mil. for a total of $122.7 million because there was no meaningful oversight.

Respect for the police department is in the cellar, lives were ruined, relations with the African American community probably could not be worse, money is flying out the door.

I hope the city and county learned something.

o

So, then, the gang murderers are blameless cause of old torture cases. OK.

So happy you are amused marquest. I'll try to keep it up. But you guys are getting boring. You never offer solutions. Just blame and name calling. Real good to improve race relations and reduce crime. Good going.

My apologies to everyone for the stooping to name calling. But, sometimes, people only see their own behavior when you do it right back to them. There are a lot of blind people here david.

o

I totally buy that, Marquest... karma does have a way of balancing the universe quite nicely. Every dog does, indeed, have its day... what goes around, comes around.

As for trusting our legal authority... not a chance. The system as a whole has failed the public. And while there are some very honest, forthright officers and other personnel working within the laws in our systems, the staggering amounts paid out to the public in lawsuits would strongly indicate that there are major problems.

I read recently that the Sheriff who handled the Zimmerman thing thinks that Zimmerman might just be another Sandy Hook waiting to happen... and I would agree with this assessment.

o

I actually don't think that karma and balance are the order of the universe. Life is totally and completely unfair--after all, Trayvon Martin is dead and I don't see anything good coming out of that. But I do agree that Zimmerman does not have a happy future from what I can see. October can put on her red shoes and dance and spin and spin and dance, but statements like her last post just don't make Zimmerman any more likely to turn into a sensible citizen.

o

October is here for one reason, to blast everything every liberal says on every thread.

Sorry for the name calling? If we are getting so boring,then go away and get a life.

You're another one on my SOB lost.

o

Jerzee, I just don't understand how anyone could defend a guy like Zimmerman, who so obviously didn't have to do what he did. There is no excuse for it, and there never will be.

Throughout this trial, and through others... I admit, I was rather aghast that anyone could or would speak in defense of the perpetrators. People like Casey Anthony and George Zimmerman have what I would call a certain kind of defect. It allows them the misfortune to think of human life in terms that most of us don't share and couldn't comprehend.

I think it's almost a good thing that so much publicity went along with these cases... people will forever be watchful of their next moves. They'll never again live a normal, private lifestyle.

Lily, in the many years I've been following along with HT, I've come to realize that there will always be those that it's simply better to ignore, and I use the scroll wheel on my mouse quite liberally.

o

lily: ROFL. I almost couldn't catch my breath. You are telling me to get a life.

You don't pay attention. You are just looking for someone to spew your hatred at. Come on sweetie, let it all out. There there now.

my favorite:

pidge: "October can put on her red shoes and dance and spin and spin and dance, but statements like her last post just don't make Zimmerman any more likely to turn into a sensible citizen."

In your honor pidge, I'm going to go dancing. Not too long ago, donated my last pair of tap shoes. Now, I'll have to get red ones and find some classes again. It's time.

o

Don't patronize me by calling me sweetie, October. Not only a racist, but a sexist as well. Nice going.

o

This statement is agreed by Lake Mary Police Chief Steve Bracknell, who oversees the town where Zimmerman lives.

George Zimmerman Is Another 'Sandy Hook' Waiting To Happen: Police Chief Steve Bracknell

George Zimmerman is a ticking time bomb, capable of a massacre on the same scale as the Sandy Hook and Aurora theater shootings.

So says a citizen in an email to Lake Mary Police Chief Steve Bracknell, Think Progress reports. Bracknell, who oversees the town where Zimmerman lives, agreed in a response email to Santiago Rodriguez.

Here is a link that might be useful: Zimmerman

o

That's where I read it... thanks, Marquest.

o

Sat, Sep 14, 13 at 23:24

Don't know about a cannon, but "Zimmerman" does sound like a type of handgun.

The problem with loose cannons is they may come unhinged and mow people down who happen to be in their path.

o

lily: "Don't patronize me by calling me sweetie, October. Not only a racist, but a sexist as well. Nice going."

"Sweetie" is not sexist. I call my dog "sweetie," also my husband, friends, etc. Male, female.

In this particular use, I would say it was definitely not sexist. Maybe it's just me, but I think it was condescending, and appropriately applied. After all, it was in response to your (lily) statement as follows: "If we are getting so boring,then go away and get a life."

What did you expect? Don't answer that; rhetorical question.

o

I call no one sweetie, and no one calls me that particularity someone I don't know. Condescending, sexist, it's an inappropriate remark. In fact since you are always accusing Marquest and me of being the same person, I'm beginning to think you two are one.

By the way October snarks her/his two cents in every thread and then complains is why I told her/him to get a life if they're bored.

o

My problem with Zimmerman is that he is a man with a long track record of violence when angered and that he has clearly demonstrated, even through the killing of another, that he is a man who has bad judgement.
And yet, after all this, he continues to carry a handgun everywhere he goes and has perhaps threatened others with it yet *again*.

And still, those who had already begun finding fault and putting down the dead, barely 17 year old Trayvon Martin from week one after the shooting will STILL defend Zimmerman and will refuse to state having a problem with him continually carrying a handgun even today.
The determination to allow for no further personal insight into their opinion on why this child died in such a reckless way and with their arrogant display of such utter disregard for the needlessness of his death in the 'blame the innocent victim' stance has been breathtaking to me.
Should Z once again shoot someone needlessly due to his control issues and bad judgement, I would feel quite certain that none of the most argumentative of those Zimmerman defenders would ever come to this forum and state that regarding Zimmerman, they were completely wrong, using NO qualifiers to the admission.
They might very well make no statement at all should another needless tragedy involving bad judgement and anger take place. Its a common behavior trait I've noticed. One that is unbecoming, to say the very least.

I do sincerely worry that another needless gun shot injury or death from poor ole' gun toting Zimmerman is in some victim's future. A great many people ( forum members?) have all but given him permission due to the angered rush of defense of the last shooting death he committed - to the point where he was actually rewarded with hundreds of thousands of free sympathy dollars by some of his ardent, defensive (forum members?) fans.

Its a shocking reaction by Americans to a barely 17 year old child's death by a violence prone gun toting man with a history of bad judgement.

o

Sun, Sep 15, 13 at 3:50

Part of the same unfunny cartoon world gun love lives in.

o

lily: Anytime someone expresses an opinion contrary to yours, you start with the name calling.

I will continue to, as you call it, "snark" as long as you are intolerable of someone who disagrees with you.

Grow up lily.

o

Lily, I hope you know that there are many here who find that a poster calling you condescending names is insulting. But consider the source. It's really just trollish behavior trying to get your goat.

o

Use that scroll feature on your mouse liberally, Lily... I do. I think quite a few of us do.

o

Here is poor little innocent lily's original post on this thread:

"•Posted by lily316 z5PA (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 5, 13 at 11:50

As I said in the other thread, he is a punk thru and thru. I saw the wife interviewed, and I'm guessing they're heading to the divorce court. He is an arrogant child killer, in my opinion, and we'll continue to hear more about him."

Here's another:

•Posted by lily316 z5PA (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 9, 13 at 16:10

Okay, all you defenders of this idiot, come forth."

These were before I had posted anything on this thread. Sounds like one angry little person to me. Sounds like someone itching for a fight - needing to use some put-downs and a name calling. Yea. That's her. Right there.

o

Mon, Sep 16, 13 at 13:29

Are you Zimmerman? These are not attacks on you personally.

o

Still trolling for attention, October, I see. This thread is long dead. Yes, I'm a little person at 108 pounds (how about you?) and yes I'm angry like the majority of people that a thug with a record gets off killing a black teenager who did nothing. And this thug has gotten into trouble three more times since the trial. A loose cannon for sure. Is he related to you?

Stop stalking and harassing me or I'll be seeing the mods.

o

There are more than one ways to be little, as amply demonstrated on this forum.

o

you would know.

o

Lily, you think you are in the majority. I don't think so.

If you (and your pals) didn't post so awfully about Zimmerman from the beginning, I would not have done so about the "17 year old child". I sure got tired of you all on the bandwagon.

Stalking you. ROFL. You do live in your own little lily world. Go ahead to the mods. I won't be able to sleep. jill and I can post through the night.

o

If you got tired of us " all on the bandwagon", then turn off your computer and take up a hobby. What's the matter , your thug who you staunchly defended, not looking so innocent any more?

o

Mon, Sep 16, 13 at 19:07

The problem with disapproving of murder is...?

o

lily; "Yes, I'm a little person at 108 pounds (how about you?) "

Little? Maybe just short. For example, a person weighing 108 lbs at 5' isn't really little at all.

o

How about at 5' 6 "? BMI 17?

o

Mon, Sep 16, 13 at 19:28

I'd call this a side issue but it seems to be more of a size issue.

o

jill and I can post through the night.

What are you talking about?

Even you don't seem to understand what you're talking about. You cut and paste posts from lily that you perceive as insults to you. Yet they are not to you and not insulting.

I completely agree with pidge:

Lily, I hope you know that there are many here who find that a poster calling you condescending names is insulting. But consider the source. It's really just trollish behavior trying to get your goat.

October's behavior was always a little strange, but honestly it's gotten extremely personal and insulting.

o

If you (and your pals) didn't post so awfully about Zimmerman from the beginning, I would not have done so about the "17 year old child". I sure got tired of you all on the bandwagon.

October I know you were very sorry that Aerial Castro is dead. That left you with one less hero to defend. Those kids are such a problem. It is easy to find reasons that a child is murdered, raped whatever I guess. Those men need defenders like yourself. Strange people you find such a need to defend.

Whatever helps you sleep and look in the mirror.

o

"For example, a person weighing 108 lbs at 5' isn't really little at all."

Really? No wonder women have body issues.

o

Oh heck, that's just Elvis again - throwing out what only she considers to be clever little insults without knowing what she's talking about.

Normally, when she is called on them, she doesnt come back to admit to being wrong or being snarky, as she has demonstrated in the past that she prefers to be the one calling out others on their poor behavior.

Maybe this time she will surprise us.

o

lily: "How about at 5' 6 "? BMI 17?"

Why are you asking for my weight? Are you prejudice against overweight people too?

If you must know, lily, I have never had a weight issue. Always have been athletic. Running, biking, walking, volleyball, softball, frisbee, skiing (downhill and cross-country) etc. Tried snowboarding, but couldn't stay up on that thing. Anything that gets me outside.

I have never owned a scale, so, don't look to me go "brag" about my weight in numbers.

o

If only more people would practice Martin Luther King's dream:

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

Not only the color of their skin, but their looks and their BMI.

o

but their looks and their BMI.

Ain't it the truth!!

o

October, you are becoming the biggest troll on HT. I said I weighed 108 because I was being sarcastic when you called me 'a little person.' Just saying , I actually am. Then Elvis, as usual ,piped in with her usual hit and run snark saying 108 isn't very "little" if that person is 5 feet tall. So I replied that I am 5'6".

I find it odd a person never owned a scale. I have never been without one. Weighing myself every other day keeps me on the exact track I want to be , and I never gain weight because I kick back if I gain a pound or two. I take no RX and haven't been to the doctor in two years.

So if you two twins want to get off my case and move on , the rest of the people here would appreciate it.

BTW, I would bet I am more athletic than you. Do you speed walk five miles a day at 4.7 mph every day of the year and lift weights?

o

have we answered the question about whether George Zimmerman is a loose cannon yet?

o

have we answered the question about whether George Zimmerman is a loose cannon yet?

I never thought that he was anything else.

o

I'd rather be a few pounds overweight than arrogant and judgmental.

This post was edited by demifloyd on Wed, Sep 18, 13 at 12:37

o

He definitely is a very loose cannon ,but be careful how you phrase it because the resident trolls will somehow turn it around and bring it back to snarking you. They just don't want to be reminded they defended a sociopath.

o

Nor did I, Nancy--I'm just trying to deflect the thread back to topic and away from this irrelevant deflection into who weighs what and how active they are.

o

Between someone's height, weight, BMI, what wholesome thing was put through a blender for breakfast before or after power walking, who or who does not own a scale; any question about George Zimmerman seems inconsequential. The loose cannon issue has probably been alluded to over the course of multiple posts.

Sooooo, without any further allusion - yes, George Zimmerman is a loose cannon. I have spoken. :-)

o

I really think the fact that Zimmerman's father is a judge has some influence getting him out of a lot of run ins with police. I'd be interested in hearing what the jury thinks of the three run ins he's had since being acquitted.

o

I'm just trying to deflect the thread back to topic

I too was trying to nudge the discussion back to topic.

GZ's actions remind me of some of the LAPD 'loose cannons' that have caused $$$ settlements. The 'loose cannons' of law enforcement do not serve their departments nor the public, and their actions frequently cause monies to be directed towards settlement payouts rather than be used for public service. Yet there persists a mentality to defend these 'loose cannons' no matter what the cost might be.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here