Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Big Sticks & Resolve

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 15, 12 at 9:06

See none of this would have happened in the Middle East because Romney has RESOLVE a new deodorant, laundry detergent, Hair care product that will erase any trouble that has existed in the area for 2000 years.
When the Marines were killed in Beirut headlines read Mondale & Regan both both united in grief. Regan promised revenge that never came perhaps he learned carters bitter lesson restraint in military adventurism. Regan withdrew US troops who heaped shame & derision on him for that ( it would have been unpatriotic)

You got yahoos last election cycle claimed OBAMA would be weak on defense & when he sent in the drones the wailed no fair. Palin wants a big stick (what Freud might have said of that) Sarah. Might is met with who & calmed down is met with calls of panty wasit. This is a very fickle bunch you got there.
Well the drones should start flying real soon & we will hears the wailing from the republi tea things on here.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Big Sticks & Resolve

And if there were no profit to be made from the killing of others, from war, you'd not hear a peep either way.

o

Love it how all the warmongers turned into peaceniks, all of a sudden, when Obama took office, (not talking about those who have been consistently anti-war). Clearly, when it comes to Romney, their peaciness does not apply. All of a sudden.

o

Oh, a tsk tsk thread.

o

Those that demanded that the U.S. "do something" during the Libyan uprising might want to reflect that few, if any, knew what groups were involved in the opposition forces. Of course, there were jihadists, and other extremists, and they received NATO arms. This tragedy is the result.

And now arms are flowing to the jihadists in Syria. Expect more of the above.

o

Yes a Resolve thread as that's what the funny man Ryan at the Voter Values Summit harped on yesterday. Down right claimed non of thsi would have happend had a Romney & he been in office. Do a Google Demi, resolve & Romney how many flavors come up it's the campaign word of the week, where were you?
Bye the way is a national pain tsk tsk? You shock me I thought you wore red white & blue unmentionables

o

Those that demanded that the U.S. "do something" during the Libyan uprising might want to reflect that few, if any, knew what groups were involved in the opposition forces. Of course, there were jihadists, and other extremists, and they received NATO arms. This tragedy is the result.

I'm sorry Nancy but that is just not the case.
The "opposition forces" came from a wide range of Libyans and were not fighting against good guys from Gadaffi's regime .
This has nothing to do with the overthrow of Gadaffi nor does should it.

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 15, 12 at 17:01

Romney/ Ryan 2012
They'll Stick It To Ya!

o

good post Nancy! I'm always interested in reading you're & mom's(some #) posts.

thank you

o

Heri, I disagree.

The opposition was composed of various elements, from secular nationalists to religious extremists. And now there are plenty of weapons available.

The concept of blow back seems lost on many. Elements among the Afghanistan mujahideen morphed into Al Qaeda. Brzezinski, Carter, and Reagan could not have cared less what they set in motion.

o

As I keep stating, and in my opinion... we, as a military strength... or weapons manufacture and sales, more accurately... have no business flexing our might anywhere on the planet... unless specifically asked to by an obviously persecuted citizenry. And even then, we need to bow out when we achieve THEIR objective, not ours.

I hate how we just go around arming the factions who will play our global game of oil chess at the moment, and then regretting those decisions later when things change and those factions no longer want to play by our rules.

I know war is profitable... but c'mon! Not everyone wants to live by our ideals, or thinks our democracy is such a great thing, and we have no business or right in assuming they also think our way is the best way... or only way... to live.

Today's friend is tomorrow's enemy...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here