Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tim Pawlenty quits Romney, becomes lobbyist

Posted by esh_ga z7 GA (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 20, 12 at 10:35

Wow and wow.

Tim Pawlenty quit as co-chair of Mitt Romney's presidential campaign on Thursday to become one of Wall Street's top lobbyists in Washington. Pawlenty, a former governor of Minnesota, will lead the Financial Services Roundtable.

Wow that he bails on Romney and also wow that he joins the corruption in DC by becoming a lobbyist.

Here is a link that might be useful: source

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tim Pawlenty quits Romney, becomes lobbyist

I'm just not really surprised. It seems to be an "anything can happen" kind of campaign, so there's no telling what we can expect next.

I might think Tim wanted in on the money while the gettin' was good... instead of standing behind a cart that's balancing on an unsteady set of wheels...

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 20, 12 at 10:52

That's good news for Obama, the economy is rebounding opening up new opportunities for advancement.

o

They are all pretty much quickly realizing that they cannot lie, Voter ID cheat Romney into the Presidential position so they are looking for their best options.

o

Why wait around for a slime chance whne he can have a sure deal! Free market and all that!

o

Not at all surprised he's becoming a lobbyist.

I am surprised he's quitting with so little time left until the election. I would think that just for appearances he'd have waited to start until after the election. No?

o

• Posted by momj47 7A..was 6B (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 20, 12 at 12:47

Pawlenty will not step into his new role until Nov. 1, but he left the Romney campaign immediately because the Financial Services Roundtable is a bipartisan organization.

Is that so he can appear non-partisan. Too funny.

o

I don't know, Jill... one would think so, but maybe he panicked.

o

Mutiny on the bountiful.

I wonder who else might jump off the boat.

No one wants to be associated with a loser.

o

Follow the money. Probably didn't see any future.

-Ron-

o

Or maybe poor Tim couldn't find all 10 years of his tax returns...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here