This post was edited by TxanGoddess on Thu, Sep 19, 13 at 12:34

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stinky Dogs

nm see above

This post was edited by TxanGoddess on Thu, Sep 19, 13 at 12:35

o

Txn, I couldn't wait to open this thread to find out why stinky dogs is a hot topic. Now I am even more intrigued to know why you posted the thread in the first place. And then I discover that it wasn't meant for this forum at all.

It's been a tough day and I was just looking for a little lightness. Thanks for the smile you gave me.

o

Let me say first, I am a dog lover. Labrador Retrievers are, in my experience, the most stinky dogs. I've never petted one without wanting to wash my hands. My brother had a Cocker Spaniel. She had really foul breath. Lovely dog, but keep your distance. Also had a bad habit of rubbing herself in excrement and decayed animal detritus. Never knew if you wanted her back inside.

We have a couple of Australian Shepherds. They are sweet smelling, for the most part, although they do get skunked. The worst that happened, a long time ago, our big male rubbed himself all over a dead seal on the beach. We brought him home in the bed of the pickup and bathed him repeatedly in the outdoor shower with plenty of suds.

He has never shown any proclivity to rubbing himself in dead stuff again. Didn't like ride or the shower.

I'm sure I'm offending a whole lot of people. Also understand that the original post went right over my head, but why not have some fun ( or not )

o

"Stinky dogs" also applies to feet. DH had a roommate once whose feet could make my eyes water. Very clean guy, too. I think maybe some people have sweet feet, and some just don't.

I think this post is close enough to on-topic, and it's a relief. No tension here.

Felt good. Thanks, all.

o

The discussion moved to the "other side"... this is just a cross post... if anyone is interested.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here