Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mother Jones Tape Edited

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 19, 12 at 12:42

Ohh that's not good 2 minutes missing Romney means the whole thing was a fraud & he's really Santa Clause. If I were a tighty righty I'd be incensed outraged!
Can it be unspun, not that it mattered to any of the true believers but for the sake of the heathen liberals just to show them (whatever)

Here is a link that might be useful: Can it be undone

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mother Jones Tape Edited

Romney has got to do SOMETHING to win over us moochers!

-Ron-

o

• Posted by kwoods Cold z7 Long Is (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 19, 12 at 13:01

Cooking their own goose now... the longer the "Republicans" keep squeeeeling the longer this remains in the news cycle. So dumb.

Problem is the man tried to get away with running a campaign while having nothing of substance to say.

o

Still there are 2 minutes missing? I'm serious now? Will he come forward & tell us what was left out, can he remember does it matter did it ever matter did it push some undecideds to the Obama side of the fence.

o

What is missing is not his problem it is what is not edited is his problem.

o

Is Rosemary Woods still alive?

o

During the two missing minutes Romney said "But you know? My Mormon faith leads me to put my wealth in perspective - there are an awful lot of poor people in this country, and if I'm elected, I'll count on you - and you - and you - to pony up 10% of your total earnings and give to charity, just like I do. In fact, lets go 20%. "

Then cries from the audience: "40 percent! NO, 50% !!"

o

And yet Romeny himself said it represented essentially what he believes, his campaign people did not quibble with what the tape as shown represents about Romneys beliefs about the 46.4% and based on the comments the 53.6% dont know a thing about the 46.4% or who owns mainstream media.

o

I'm elected

How about before or now would be good. The donations could save a child's life today.

o

lol @ david!

o

Wed, Sep 19, 12 at 14:49

I'm guessing the edited two minutes contain inappropriate images..... he's probably planting his thumbs in both ears, wiggling his fingers and saying "nanny nanny poo poo! Watcha gonna do 'bout it? I'm rich and they're not!" as he quickly pivots, bends over and pats his behind for the crowd.

o

Thanks... now I'm gonna have nightmares. ;-)

o

"I'm actually gonna - (oops oops gap) I'm not familiar precisely with exactly what I said, but I stand by what I said, whatever it was. I'll go back and take a look at what was said there." (Mitt 'Mind Mover' Romney May 17, 2012)

Fill in whatever you like.

o

Wed, Sep 19, 12 at 15:56

"Is $100,000 middle income?" -George Stephanopoulos
"No, middle income is $200,000 to $250,000 and less." -Mitt Romney

Maybe this fills the gap.

o

Is that something he could have stated more "elegantly"?

o

I'm guessing the edited two minutes contain inappropriate images.....

My money is on Romney belting out a Broadway show tune... off key.

o

Westside Story Romney -

Here come the Mitt, like a bat out of he11,
Someone gets in the way, someone don't feel so well.

o

I read some of the comments at the RW blog linked in the OP.

The level of hatred for President Obama is off the scale. It is why I always worry for his safety. Mhit and the GOPlutocrats have really stirred up the worst in people and it makes me concerned about who the next Jared Loughner will be.
GOP has gone off the deep end.
Religious, racial and ethnic resentments are being leveraged to promulgate an extreme RW ideology the likes of which we have never seen in our nations history. It is almost frightening to see the Foxboxes lock step, like duckwalking Germans raising their arms in unison to Heil their Fuhror.

============
posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2012 7:30:01 AM by Cowgirl of Justice:

"The Mid East policy of the unknown person who has gained control of both the Presidency and the Media is to unite the moon worshiping inhabitants under the banner of the Muslim Brotherhood which was spawned eighty years ago by none other than Adolph Hitler.
Obama is a fraud and is the enemy of the Constitution and plans to make all Americans either subservient to his evil god or dead. Either way it does not matter to scum such as this impostor that now threatens all that is good and decent in the world.
The current regime has declared war on freedom, on free enterprise, and on freedom of thoughts and expression. The only thing that Obama and his evil minions, and I do not exclude the moderator, have accomplished in the last few years is to prove that Freedom is fragile.
WE THE PEOPLE must unite to stop this vile creature from dowsing the last lamp of freedom on the planet.

This is the moment in history, that YOU decide the fate of your children and grandchildren.America has two centuries of being an exceptional role model of freedom and advancement of all that is good and decent, because when the time of defending our inalienable rights from attack, our ancestors have stood shoulder to shoulder to squash the enemy of good. The enemy of justice. The enemy of opportunity. The enemy of freedom.
My fellow Americans, now is the time to stand up and be counted. The time is NOW to throw out this regime and to right the wrongs of their demented plans."

o

I'm guessing the edited two minutes contain inappropriate images.....

Given who hosted the fundraiser (hint: creep) that might be it.

o

Why is he looking for 1 minute or 2. He has said he meant what he said whatever he said whenever he said IT.

He did have a press conference that night and has been on Fox and said he meant 47% of the citizens are lazy, and want free stuff. What did he say in that one minute. "OKAY EVERYBODY I WAS JOKING."

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 19, 12 at 17:12

Ah-ha, I was wondering when the right wing would create some doubt, any doubt about the tape. The base will now latch onto this Rove style contrived idea that Romney was acting Outstandingly Presidential during this missing +/-90 seconds. Good luck wit dat

Mitt Romney 2012
Sorry You Missed It!

o

Neh, the 2 minutes is where Mitt is singing "Minnie The Moocher"....which will show up on You tube a little later ;)

o

They just don't get it, do they.

No matter what is or isn't on those missing minutes, Mitt "ran his mouth off at the seam", and there is no way to get around what he said, how he said it and the context in which he said it.

Even if he was actually joking when he said these things, he said them and he certainly sounded like he meant what he said.

He backed up what he said after the tape became public.

In hind sight he's now whining about some missing words on the tape and missing who knows what.

OOPS, they don't get it, Mitt doesn't get it. Open mouth, stick in foot and chomp it off, is what he did.

Attempting to mitigate what he said is not continuing to bring attention to the recording and the tape, but rather show that he does care, at least attempt to show that.

Nope, instead he keeps bringing up the tape and continuing the saga of the tape.

Every time he opens his mouth that hammer hits the final nail in the coffin again.

It's over for Mitt, he "cooked his own goose", he can't keep that mouth shut, it's pathetic and this is what the GOP chose for their candidate and they have to live with it.

continuing the saga and continuing to bring it up, and bring it up whining about missing stuff on it, just makes it worse.

Not what anyone should want as president, this guy can't even surround himself with decent qualified people to run his campaign, imagine what he would surround himself with in the White House.

On the other hand, Mitt thinks he's better than everyone else, above everyone else, maybe he just won't listen to anyone and is doing and saying what he wants to say regardless of what he is told.

Again, that wouldn't be someone anyone would want to have in the White House.

o

Putin even got a slap in on his way to an energy confrence laat week claiming it would be hard to work with Romney since he's already decided Russia is the enemy!

o

It is amazing what some of the Obama haters say (like the outrageous quote that heri put from "Cowgirl of Justice"). We see it here. That anyone, ANYONE, would think that the President of the United States would HATE the country and want to see it degrade is just amazing.

o

Here's some food for thought:

The Mitt Vid story and its consequences say a lot about how campaigns are conducted in our digital day, and why all of Mitt's millions may not be enough to save him from his own aloof self.

In case you haven't noticed, we live in a place I'll call GTF America: Google, Twitter and Facebook. No amount of advertising, scripted campaign stops or TV interviews can counter the power of a single video the digital crowd suddenly demands to see. The power of word-of-mouth, amplified by those darned Internets, is almost beyond imagining, and way beyond any mere "broadcast."

Not coincidentally, the Mitt Vid was first obtained by websites.

Likewise, no amount of media "commentary" or "analysis" can match the power of voter/viewers looking at raw footage on their own, coming to their own conclusions about what they see, and then passing those conclusions (and the video link) on to others.

It's also worth noting that in these times, almost no event -- even with Secret Service in the vicinity, as was the case at that Florida fundraiser -- can be serenely and confidently viewed as off the record. Not when every phone is a video camera, and every camera is HD.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mitt goes viral

o

• Posted by momj47 7A..was 6B (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 19, 12 at 19:30

The first two minutes were probably not taped. I suspect the person who ultimately taped it was so stunned by Romney's first two minutes he decided this couldn't be missed, so he set his camera or phone down and turned it on as quickly as he could. Probably the wait staff - you know about them - undocumented takers living off the largess of the US, serving our food, cleaning up our mess at the country club.

Is anyone in charge over there in the Romney/Ryan campaign? And we haven't heard much from Ryan lately, are they saving him for something special. He must be wondering what he signed up for.

o

Posted by duluthinbloomz4 zone 4a (My Page) on Wed, Sep 19, 12 at 16:07

"Is that something he could have stated more "elegantly"?"

Is WHAT something he could have stated more elegantly?

o

They are also reporting that the person stopped taping for those two minutes. Who knows? Today Ryan, Ann and Mitt all gave different justifications for Mitt's words on the tape. Not a well coordinated effort symptomatic of this campaign.

I don't think this incident alone will make or break Romney. It is when those who have not yet decided have to sit down and make a decision. When they think back on all that Romney did these past months that collectively prove he is inept to be the leader of this country they will then have to decide if they can vote for him. There are already many Reagan Democrats that won't. These are the votes that Romney needs.

He squandered all the advantages that he had to start with. He has more money, the power backing of Adelson and the Koch Brothers, influence of his church and cronies, and yet look at where he is 48 days before the election. Today's polls show he is down further (8 points) in Michigan his home state, where everyone thought he would take it with ease.

48 more days so anything is possible. But it is not much time for Mitt to turn this around and show those that have little or no confidence in him that they are wrong. I hope he keeps doing what he is doing - underestimating Americans. The Spin Doctors have a lot of work on their hands.

o

Epi, Romney is just going to keep on doing the same thing over and over again. He can't help it, it's just part of him.

He opens his mouth and, well, that's the end of it. Out comes the next gaff, the next disaster for him.

He's like the gift that keeps on giving to Obama.

If it wouldn't be such a disaster to have the R&R twins in the White House, one could almost feel sorry for both of them, but I sure as heck don't.

I too want to see him keep on doing the same thing, and from experience shows, he will just keep on doing it over and over and over again.

o

How will he be in the debates, littleone? I'm sure you've seen him in action. Of course my hope is he's as incompetent there as he's been since nominated.

o

Thu, Sep 20, 12 at 9:39

1980... never forget.

o

Come on, elvis. When Romney goes off script and speaks off the cuff he often shows his core beliefs. And occasionally "inelegantly". We all get to speculate what gems might be in the missing gap.

From the other half of the Death Wish ticket, "It was an inarticulate way to make this point" Ryan said about Romney's comment that 47 percent of Americans pay no income tax and depend on government services.

o

Another case of speculation... that two minutes could contain absolutely nothing of importance, or was so boring and quiet that there was no sense in wasting the time. Who knows? Perhaps the person filming had to use the restroom, or walked away for a couple of minutes. It doesn't really matter. What matters is what was said in those filmed moments, and the fact that Romney has not backed down from saying any of it.

In my eyes, it's just one more piece of the whole puzzle. If someone running for high office would utter such things behind the closed doors of a dinner party, imagine what might be uttered or done behind the closed doors of the oval office...

o

Maybe he was changing batteries.

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 20, 12 at 10:37

Nah, Romney runs on fossil fuel

o

Actually, he/she may have had to change tapes, or the device timed out, according to the link. There were two files.

They also speculate that it was likely one of the staff, not someone who paid $50,000 to attend.

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

Well in hindsight, that would have been worth $50K to get that recording anyway ....

o

Thu, Sep 20, 12 at 11:30

I think he was doing the Gangnam Style dance.... that clip is being saved for the October surprise.

o

If you listen to the tape, Romney seems to be struggling coming up with the number following "49"...

Probably trying to remember or at least not to walk over a previous statement that he only needed 50.1% to win.

o

...to win the popular vote. He would be overlooking the electoral college. I sense he overlooks a lot of things.

o

Well first I heard on Maddow I think it was that the person making the tape said the device turned itself off and it took him a minute or two to notice and turn it back on-to conservatives that will sound suspicious so they can dismiss what he said but of course Romney keeps saying he meant what he was saying.

I have heard the clip so many times and I keep thinking about him saying -these people expect FOOD- in front of a lot of very rich people snarfing down a $50,000 a plate dinner. It really makes me sick to think he believes poor Americans dont deserve food.

Esh-your post is what I have been saying around our house-Super Pacs be d#mned The internet is free and it will trump commercials evey time. I have been saying that no one can begin to predict the real impact of all the sources of free information-as your post said it only takes one viral video and your run is over. Even Grandma uses facebook-one of the 46.4%

o

Hearing the clips, it seems all the world that he's sincerely furious that so many people don't pay federal income tax.

And is completely oblivious to the makeup of that 47% - retirees, students, children, etc.

o

I don't know what to say... he's like a walking combination of idiocy, incompetence, and duplicity. I think a lot of people have stopped listening to him, and having already made up their minds on voting, are just letting the last few puzzle pieces stack up.

o

That's just the real Romney.

Editing tapes. Others did exactly that - can I post this in here?

When Mitt Romney walked down the aisle toward the stage at the Republican National Convention, among the people whose hands he shook was the conservative billionaire and major political donor David Koch.

But it was a moment missed by the tens of millions of viewers at home.

While Democracy Now! was there on the floor and captured the handshake on video, the networks cut away just before the handshake to show footage of two enthusiastic young women supporters and then an overhead shot of the convention center. Then, the shot came back to Romney shaking hands further down the aisle as he ascended the stage.

Groups in the network of David Koch, and his brother Charles, intend to spend nearly $400 million ahead of the 2012 election.

So much for that 'liberal' media.

Video footage here and here.

o

Maddie-exactly! It has been a whine of the right wing for years that the Media is liberal. I had a friend during the Reagan Administration who constantly harped on about it while I wondered why his gaffs never seemed to gain any traction-the so called Teflon president being protected by MSM-of course-it is a business owned by businessmen.

o

The right wing can whine all they want about the "liberal media" being unfair to Mitt or anything else.

That's all they have to use in an attempt to try and salvage the candidacy of their "chosen one, anointed one".

They chose this guy, they gave him the nomination, their blessing and Ryan joined the bandwagon and the "second banana".

They new they had a flawed candidate, a seriously flawed candidate and they where dumb enough to put up the other "jokers" to run against him and ended up that Romney was the "least of the poorest choice of candidates", probably in the history of the GOP.

Lousy candidates, but likable person as the candidate, have won elections, but this candidate, Mitt Romney, is not even likable.

Don't count him out yet, he is a dirty political player, so he could have something nasty, really nasty up his sleeve still.

BUT,

It does appear that unless there is some kind of incredible miracle, something maybe like "romney walking on water" or some such thing,
Romney has put his campaign in the toilet and flushed it down the drain.

Whine all they want, this is what the GOP chose and this is what they got. They have nothing and no one to blame but themselves.

o

Two polls out today for North Carolina and Obama is ahead in both of them. Albeit, slightly.

-Ron-

o

littleonefb
Don't count him out yet, he is a dirty political player, so he could have something nasty, really nasty up his sleeve still.

I was thinking the same thing. If he wins it will be be stolen. Just doing a poll of HT there are not a majority that when presented with facts keep repeating the GOP outrage of the day.

If he is going to do something he better hurry up because early voting has started.

o

I picture him in college playing chess, and saying to his opponent, "oh, look over there!", and switching pieces on the board while his back is turned. Cheat in the election? You bet!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here