Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Happy anniversary M*A*S*H

Posted by Roughseas none (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 18, 12 at 15:27

One of the best shows ever .
I don't know if most of you are old enough to remember when the show started, but it was controversial - it was anti-war when that was a hot issue

Here is a link that might be useful: where they are now

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Happy anniversary M*A*S*H

oops , it's 40 years since it debuted

o

I don't recall its beginnings, but I did watch many, many episodes, and loved it.

o

I loved M*A*S*H. I watched it from the beginning, and at least twice more with re-runs. During one episode, the camera focused on the Post-Op Ward, cutting off the P & d, leaving "St-op War" on the screen for several seconds. I wish I remember the episode. I can't imagine the show would be allowed as a new series in today's political climate.

o

I remember the movie starring Donald Sutherland and Elliott Gould. Hilarious in 1970, but seeing it again years later, it seemed to lose some punch and didn't translate. Enjoyed the series for the most part - until they let Alan Alda get a bit preachy.

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 18, 12 at 17:01

I saw the Movie at a drive-in, pretty much cutting edge anti-war theme of the times. Regular series watcher too, also cutting edge for tv back then...had 3 channels, ha.

o

Loved it!

o

duluth , i agree he got preachy in the last year or so, but still a great series IMO...

o

The only thing I remember from the movie was the Last Supper scene. Everyone in the theater picked up on it immediately.

o

Hands down my favorite series of all time.

o

Loved this show.Not sure if I saw the first one.

o

• Posted by batya Israel north 8-9-10 (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 19, 12 at 3:00

Gotta agree with Bill here, at least it's at the top of my list of the best of how television can be. Plus the movie, of course! Oh, the writing........

o

We're still waitting for the final series over here !

o

Anyone remember the 'chicken' on the bus episode...haunts me to this day.

o

Sorry, but Seinfeld tops the list...

o

Oh the chicken on the bus was awful!
The one where you saw each ones dream Winchester as a magician over a dying patient & none of his tricks are working.
I only have ever seen about 3 Seinfeld episodes.

o
RE:ppy anniversary M*A*S*H

Seinfeld is being rerun all over the place so not to worry...

o

I never really did care for Seinfeld. It was ok... but not so much so that it was memorable. Not many television shows trip my trigger. But Mash was good.

o

Just could never stand any of the characters there are too many clones of them in NYC already!

o

Loved Mash. Watch reruns from time to time in the afternoon.

I wasn't a fan of Seinfeld but have watched a few of the episodes in reruns. Not a hit like Mash. Nothing tops Mash. Never missed a Mash episode. When Henry Blake died on his way home I thought I'd lost a family member!!!

The other memorable show for me was the Carol Burnett Show. I wish comics today knew how to be funny instead of vulgar and crude. There is a difference and too many comics today don't have a clue what it takes to be a real comedian. They need the "F" word to make a joke. Pathetic.

o

I loved MASH for the first five or six years, but I agree with the preachiness. I don't think that it was just the last year or two. The Hawkeye, Trapper, Henry, Frank, and Hot Lips days were the best.

o

I was never a huge fan of Seinfeld. I loved the Carol Burnett show. Her different characters were always a riot especially the Mama segments. Television has gone down the toilet since the old days. I loved the Twilight Zone, Alfred Hitchcock presents... The most favorite TV show in history was on 20/20 this week, and it was I l Love Lucy. Best comedy and favorite all time show. Sixty years old. What's that tell you?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here