Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
We use Ann sparingly

Posted by lily316 z5PA (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 18, 12 at 15:32

right now because we don't want people in America to get tired of her. Or so says her devoted husband Mitt. >>Funny, I can't picture Obama saying that about Michelle who is widely admired and liked.

Also a sound clip from the fanatical Michael Savage a right wing nut for sure, said he doesn't like her, she's a snotty rich woman who looks down her nose. Really , coming from the rightest of the Right.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: We use Ann sparingly

If she actually has MS, I don't understand how her husband could run for president. Stress makes MS worse.
You'd think he'd put his wife's health in front of his own ambition

o

• Posted by momj47 7A..was 6B (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 18, 12 at 15:44

Using her sparingly might save her life. Has nothing to do with getting tired of her. Has to do with her getting tired.

o

• Posted by kwoods Cold z7 Long Is (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 18, 12 at 15:48

She has MS?

First I've heard of this. Runs in the family on my Mom's side. If true I wish she'd said so. What a missed opportunity... unfortunate.

o

Yes I have read about his talk show and his listeners are not Romney friendly. He called Anne one of those country club women that look down on people of his audience.

I know they have been keeping her off the campaign trail,

o

Roughseas - thanks for saying what I've been thinking. They are however, a team and as an at-home-mom (I am one and have been for 24 years so I can talk about this) I wonder if she puts herself behind her man. I don't but others do.

I do wonder about his motivation for running for president when his wife does have MS. Ego, selfishness, who knows. My worry and concern is her health over the next 4 years should Romney win the election. Presidents seem to go very grey, what changes affect their wives and their health.

o

kwoods, apparently her MS is in remission right now.

o

Mitt Romney may have asked his wife if she could make it through a presidential campaign, and she may have answered yes.

I hope both consulted her doctors before this current run for the presidency.

o

Kwoods..I think Ann mentioned her MS in her convention speech. I wondered too about putting her thru a vicious campaign, and I mean vicious. Her MS is in remission but stress can exacerbate it very quickly. I have fibromyalgia which I am not comparing to MS, but stress does make my condition worse. I cannot imagine a grueling campaign. She's not exactly young.

o

Trauma and/or stress are common causes for these types of illnesses to come flying back to the surface and begin attacking the patient in earnest. My husband would never knowingly place me in a situation that would stress me in such a manner. Never. But then, we do seem to have an unusual relationship when compared to so many others...

Anyhoo... haven't seen the Mrs. much on the campaign trail... though, I could not speculate why that might be without doing some research.

o

I thought I heard and or read that after the convention, there was concern for her health and that she began having some symptoms or feeling very, very tired.

There was something about her needing some extra rest. etc.

Either way, she seems to have "vanished" from the campaign trail, not being seen or heard from since the convention and that interview she did for TV, I believe for NBC news.

Wasn't there some comments about her interview on HT, a thread I believe, and she didn't seem to make the best of impressions in that interview?

o

Right in the guise of Savage nation Michael Savage wasn't kind to her usefulness

Here is a link that might be useful: Savage

o

Thanks for the link, Joe. I have not listened to Savage for seven years when I was fostering kittens in my carriage house and went out late evening to play with them. I turned the radio on and thought I was listening to a psychopath rambling. But then ALL right wing radio is nuts...Rush, Beck, Hannity...

Mitt should never have put his wife thru this campaign.

o

"Tapes show Mitt is bad at math--vastly overestimates amount of time it takes people to get tired of Ann Romney."
(Tweet from Suzanne Munshower)

Ann, like Mitt, just doesn't get it either. So far, putting her front and center on interviews, etc. hasn't much endeared her as far as I can tell.

Sorry for the MS though - can be a heavy burden for anyone to bear. Have a dear friend who was striken with the Relapsing-Remitting type. Controlled, but the episodes do leave damage and it's always lurking.

o

If we're gonna talk first impressions, the impression I got was that she's pretentious, and disdainful of her husband's constituents. She considers herself to be above the masses, a definite part of the upper echelon, used to ordering and being served... but that's just how she appeared to me. Like-ability on a scale of 1-10... I'd give her a 1.

o

Ms Obama and Ms Romney are two very different personalities. I do agree that Michelle Obama is vivacious and very likable, I find Ann Romney sincere.

I find what nancy_in_venice_ca wrote very pertinent. I can't imagine a spouse not consulting his or her partner before campaigning for the job of president, but who knows.

o

yes, i would hope he asked, but what I can't imagine is taking the risk of killing or hurting my wife for my own ego.

o

Posted by jodik 5 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 18, 12 at 19:23

If we're gonna talk first impressions, the impression I got was that she's pretentious, and disdainful of her husband's constituents. She considers herself to be above the masses, a definite part of the upper echelon, used to ordering and being served... but that's just how she appeared to me. Like-ability on a scale of 1-10... I'd give her a 1.

WOW--that's a lot of negative characteristics to attribute to a woman who hasn't said much!

If she wore torn blue jeans, smoked a joint in public, swigged a beer and sported a tattoo would you like her a little better?

Likeability factors depend a lot on one's ability to relate to someone, or their failure to relate to them.

o

So you're implying that Michelle wears ripped jeans, has a tattoo, swigs beer and smokes pot? IMO she is a very classy first lady. I have negative opinions of Ann based just on her demeanor and the few times I've heard her speak. Seems a little above the "common folk."

o

Huh, for some reason I'd known that Mrs Romney has had MS - I don't know when I picked that up.

For what ever reason, Colorado has one of the highest rates of MS in the world, so there are a lot of people around here who have to deal with it.

o

Posted by lily316 z5PA (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 18, 12 at 20:15

So you're implying that Michelle wears ripped jeans, has a tattoo, swigs beer and smokes pot? IMO she is a very classy first lady. I have negative opinions of Ann based just on her demeanor and the few times I've heard her speak. Seems a little above the "common folk."

What are you talking about?

I implied NOTHING OF THE SORT.

Why did you bring Michelle Obama into this?
She has nothing to do with this.

We're discussing Ann Romney and why Jodik rates her very low on a likeability scale.

o

I did not think anyone would not know she had MS it is discussed in every interview.

If she is talking she mentions she had MS and how tender Mitt was taking care of her. They interview her sons they talk about her MS and how tender there Dad was taking care of their Mom. Mitt said they got the dancing horse because of again..... her MS.

I feel sorry she is/was ill but it was used to show Romney had empathy because he took care of his wife when she was sick. She actually said "people do not know how good my husband is because of the way he took care of me when I had again".....MS.

She said that she was the one that told him to run again for President. If that is true she probably knew deep down it was something he wanted. During one of her interview she said It was their turn. Things like that can make people think you feel entitled to the position.

If a husband cares about you he would say no even if your wife said it was okay for you to do something that he is aware could possibly hurt you.

Even if she is not campaigning if she cares about her husband it will upset her that he is not getting what they feel he is entitled to have because they feel Privilege.

o

Savage: All right, and that does it for me. [Mocking Ann Romney] Ha ha ha. The country-club woman. You know, I've been around women like that all my life. I don't like them, to be frank with you. If I don't like them, you can just imagine what poor people are feeling. You know, Ms. Perfect. [Mocking Romney again] Ha ha ha. Like he's some weirdo. Clint Eastwood, an American icon, a world icon. And then, instead of saying, "We're grateful for Clint's support," she adds another stab in the back: "We're grateful for everyone's support." In other words, he wasn't even there. Because the communist liberals didn't like him? So already she's in their camp? No good! Sorry. I have the most attuned ear in the history of the American media, and I am telling you, somebody who's listening to me in the Romney campaign, I'm telling you to talk to Ann and tell her, "Just take a deep breath and step back two paces. Let your husband shine. Stop competing with him for the spotlight." Am I wrong or right? Arizona, Becca, you're on "The Savage Nation."

He paints a picture of someone who is a practitioner of lethal good manners. Not a catty thank you kind of person but that kind of appreciative thank you that leaves you feeling like you just soiled a white carpet.
That is a first impression I got the again I'm partisan & know it. Some of the folks on this forum are perpetual sleep walkers/
Oh yeah she also lost me big time with that effing REAL MARRIAGE CRAP! She can go eff herself!

o

Oh yeah she also lost me big time with that effing REAL MARRIAGE CRAP! She can go eff herself!

In a real marriage you usually don't have to do that yourself. ;)

o

Join her while your at it.

o

What I thought was funny was her description of living as students and using an ironing board as the dining table. I immediately thought, "yeah, they were using the ironing board while they waited for their real dining set to be delivered." I'd bet that I am right. I can't imagine trust fund babies living like she described for more than a few weeks, seeing it as a temporary inconvenience and not a way to live for years.

Her trying to connect with people who are not so privileged was ridiculous.

o

So what do you want her to do, live in a castle and not talk to people that don't have as much money?

The woman can't win.

Thanks, Labrea.

I don't have to.
That's probably why I'm not as cranky as some.

o

"Oh yeah she also lost me big time with that effing REAL MARRIAGE CRAP! She can go eff herself!"

Hubby's comment when he heard that was "oh give me a break, stop pandering to the right wing wacko's with your "marriage is between a man and a women" bit."

It was so obvious that is what she really meant, that no attempt to hide it under the idea that her marriage is not perfect, just "real" like everyone else's.

What a crock.

o

Now this is an imagine to be proud of huh?
This is a woman that is suppose to be representing all women. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw her in this $6000.00 git-up.
Trying to look like a teen-ager at a rock concert.
I was very embarrassed.

It wouldn't matter if she had on a mini skirt up to her ying yang you'll will think she looks wonderful.
Classless is what this $6000.00 outfit is for a First Lady.

Ann Romney is class .

o

I forgot to add. If you'll don't want to hear negative about your candidates wife,
then lay off of mine with the snark.

Go after the candidates not their wives why don't you.
That is reasonable. Going after the canditates is ok, wives especially sick wives not.

o

Michelle has a nice, fit body, and I am sure the attire was appropriate for the event.

Your comments are ugly and very revealing about the depth of your resentments.

o

Hot outfit! Very trendy in that kind of fashionista kind of way. Way outta your league huh?
No snark at all ANN with her real marriage BS can go to hell ! Shes a witch as far as I'm concerned a doughy faced, doughty witch!

o

Good post Citywoman but you know they won't listen.

They are entitled to speak their minds. Free speech and all that.

Not calling anyone out but some of the posts reek of dementia.

o

CW, what was the event that Michelle Obama wore that outfit to? Any idea?

Where did you locate that photo? sure it is real, not photo shopped?

Snarky comments? Comments about the candidates wives are and should be acceptable when they are involved in the campaign, are supporting their husbands in a campaign, and are being used, as Mitt Romney and the GOP used Ann Romney, in an attempt to make him sound more human and in touch with the average person.

I have my opinion of her, stated it here and in prior posts, and probably unlike most if not all posting about Ann Romney, I have met her personally a few times while being involved with the MS Society and the MS Readathon in MA, and was far from impressed with her back then; and yes she had already been diagnosed with MS then.

Nice to know, wildchild that posters that don't like Ann Romney, and post that now sound like their posts "reek of dementia" .

How you came up with that one, well it's beyond understanding.

o

CW..living back in the boonies with your kin, I guess you don't know fashion. I'm guessing you wish you looked that good. Maybe your ideal is Honey boo boo's mom.

Desperation aint purty.

o

You'd really hate Fashion week here! We Just had Fall last week lots of clothes you'd probably call ugly with your exquisite sense of style & taste & could never afford! Thats alright I wouldn't wear them either if I was a woman & I would never be able to afford them either. That only means I'm not a fashionista either & do the off the rack crap. Though I did have an original Issac Mizrahi creation 20 years ago before he became one of those stretch pants designers for outta shape middle America on Home shopping channels. (I digress)
Lots & lots of young designers compete for Michelle to wear their stuff it's just a bad fact.
The cat crew was on here the day after the inauguration going on about her dress not much has changed.

o

Let me be upfront that I don't like what I've heard from Ann Romney. To me she comes across as arrogant, privileged and out of touch with what life is like for most people, especially stay-at-home Moms, who I think have one of the toughest jobs in the world. However, MS is a very serious health condition and I hope she is taking breaks from the stress of campaigning and paying attention to what her body needs to stay well. I can't imagine trying to fight a major disease and support your spouse in a political campaign. Oh wait, I just remembered that Elizabeth Edwards did that & received a lot of criticism for it. I am as opinionated as everyone else here, but I'm trying not to make it personal against wives, children & other family members of candidates. Shutting up now or I could be guilty of writing a long, boring book.

o

Posted by citywoman2012 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 17, 08 at 15:40

Well, McCain doesn't have big teeth but I know someone who does.....yes...obama's old lady whats her name.
Those big teeth could pull a semi. Or that big bootie could sure smother some younguns.

I am lmao right now.
I KNEW my remark would bring out the mob in all of you.
There was nothing racist about my remark.
She is buck-toothed and has a huge tush. One of my dear friends has protruding teeth and has a bigger bootie.

Gotta love the disclaimer: "yeah I'm not racist I have black friends"-style.

o

I don't live in the boonies and some my friends and relatives do wear designer clothes.
I am aware designers have always catered to First Ladies, vying for their notice.

A first lady can "make" a young designer's future .
MO was going to a rock concert.

I thought it was very unbecoming and a little on the trashy side for a First Lady.

Jackie Kennedy wouldn't have been caught dead in it.
Nor would have any other First Lady gone out in public in pants that showed every crack and crevice.

MO's outfits might cost $100000000 and they do because
they are rich rich rich but that doesn't mean she dresses
befitting a First Lady.
Have we just about covered why its not nice to talk about the First Ladies?

o

That said...

The actual Romney quote:

"We .. we, uh, use Ann sparingly right now so that people don't get tired of her."

There's no caring for her well-being in there. Not that that's a surprise.

o

Thanks for digging up CW's racist post from 08, Maddie. Lets now sit back and watch her backtrack.

o

CW, you sure have posted some really sick comments about the First Lady.

No, Jackie Kennedy wouldn't have worn something like that, it wasn't a fashion then.

We get it, though. You really have nothing nice, polite, kind or anything else that is civil to say about the President or the First Lady and anything and everything that Mitt Romney and Ann Romney say and do is perfect.

We get that.

Even when Mitt Romney is worried that the public will get tired of his wife.

Nice comments to make about one's wife, but heck, it's Mitt Romney, and in your eyes CW, he and his wife can do no wrong, say no wrong, dress perfectly.

and you also live in a dream world, and your candidate and his wife have now had the final nail hammered into their coffin and heck, he did himself in, no surprise on that one.

o

Ann Romney is class.

The Romneys paid $20,603 in taxable wages for household help in 2010. This figure was divided among four women:

Rosania Costa ($4,808), Kelli Harrison ($8,667), Susan Moore ($2,238) and Valerie Cravens Anae ($4,890).

The Romneys have three houses -- a 2,000 sq. ft. townhouse in Belmont, Mass., a 5,400 sq. ft. lake house on 11 acres in Wolfeboro, N.H., and a beach house in La Jolla, Calif., that is undergoing renovations to double its size.

At least one of the four women paid for domestic work by the Romney family in 2010 also worked as chief of staff to the executive director of Mitt Romney's Free and Strong America PAC at the same time.

Kelli Harrison was paid wages of $8,667 by the Romneys for personal assistant-type tasks and errands. Harrison was the most highly paid of the four women listed as domestic employees of the Romney family, and the other three women did not work for the Romney PAC at all.

Harrison was paid for her PAC work with PAC funds.

-Ron-

o

Don't deflate CW's idolization of Ann,Ron.

o

Be aware: This same trick was pulled back in 2008--baiting people to talk about and make personal remarks about looks and clothes in order to compromise them. Watch it, folks.

o

This thread is polluted!

o

I might like her better if her smile actually reached her eyes, her words came from her heart, and showed a soul with some genuine compassion... but that's not the sort of first impression I got. As to her mode of dress, or whether or not she sports tattoos under it, that's irrelevant.

o

Michelle O wore that outfit to the Nickoleodeum 2012 Awards to honor Taylor Swift. I think she looks great!

Also, I strongly disagree with your statement "This is a woman that is suppose to be representing all women".

o

So what do you want her to do, live in a castle and not talk to people that don't have as much money?

The woman can't win

I didn't write that well. What I meant was her trying to connect with people by pretending she and Mitt had been poor was ridiculous.

Of course, she should try to connect with people. Her method of doing so just furthers how "out of touch" with ordinary people she and Mitt are.

o

I agree about eating off their ironing board. I guess that was before they cashed in his stocks and trust fund.

o

Lily, neither you nor anyone else on this forum have any idea what Ann's doctor had to say regarding Mitt's running, how it would affect Ann's MS or what the discussions were between Ann and Mitt. It is absolutely asinine for anyone to state/hint/insinuate that Mitt would intentionally endanger his wife's life by running for President. The fact that she hasn't been in the spotlight a lot is probably due to her MS which shows me that they are being considerate of her health. So lily and the rest of you insinuating that Mitt doesn't care about his wife's health, are you suggesting that Ann has no right to be First Lady due to her having MS or are you just using this as a opportunity to make more virulent comments toward Mitt. Discrimination, due to physical disabilities, for those of you who aren't aware.........or just don't care, is illegal.

o

We might ask this question, instead... whom do you think represents ALL American women better... Ann Romney, or Michelle Obama?

Personally, I feel better represented by Michelle Obama. I feel like she "gets" the struggles of the average family. She can much better relate to the average working woman, or wife and/or mother, and what that's like. Her eyes and body language reveal a lot more about her... and when she smiles it reaches her eyes, and you get a little glimpse of who she is and where her priorities lay.

o

I had no idea you can tell so much about a person's character by looking at their eyes on a television set or in magazines.

o

"I had no idea you can tell so much about a person's character by looking at their eyes on a television set or in magazines."

Demi, I guess some people just have that gift and some don't.....knowing a person's character by looking at their eyes on TV or reading minds, and so on. I must have got left out also so I guess we are in the same boat...but that's OK, I'm in GOOD company. :*)

o

Brat, I have a former DIL with MS ,and I know what her doctor told her about stress and to try and avoid it because it will bring on flares. I can't imagine the stress of a campaign. I'm stressed just working on one, and I'm not involved in personal attacks and appearances. I'm sure she lives a sheltered life, and we know your every move is captured by camera these days. Must be awful.

I said nothing about Mitt not caring for her. I just know his empathy for anything is questionable. He tied his dog to the roof of the car for 12 hours. Who do you know who would do that? Goes to character. Still doesn't get why that was wrong.

o

FYI....Employment law. We are not hiring her for employment this is an election for a President. She comes along for the ride.

Discrimination, due to physical disabilities, for those of you who aren't aware.........or just don't care, is illegal.

There has been no consideration from Conservatives, Republican, RightWing nuts of hands off of the present First Lady or her children. So hop off the horse and go back and read what has been said before Anne Romney.

The Liberals are much to polite (that would be training by our parents) to post pictures of Mrs Obama's butt, pictures that we think would make her look bad for our entertainment. It is a shame others did not get the proper training.

Pedal your outrage where there is no history.

o

The fact that she hasn't been in the spotlight a lot is probably due to her MS which shows me that they are being considerate of her health.

I agree it is probably due to her health but Mitt claimed that he was using her sparingly not that he was keeping her away for her health. So, why didn't he just say that? That would show respect for her, would help with MS awareness and many would understand that more than his ridiculous statement that he is using her sparingly. Perhaps this is just another of Mitt's not so true statements. It is hard to discern anymore.

are you suggesting that Ann has no right to be First Lady due to her having MS or are you just using this as a opportunity to make more virulent comments toward Mitt. Discrimination, due to physical disabilities, for those of you who aren't aware.........or just don't care, is illegal.

The people are not voting for Ann Romney. Ann Romney is not being denied a position nor is she looking to be hired for a job and prevented from doing so because of her health. Nothing illegal here.

MS is a debilitating disease and most doctors would advise anyone with it to avoid anything stressful if possible. Most husbands would take that into consideration when deciding to run for President. No one knows what he took into consideration when deciding to proceed with his candidacy but he needs to be more forthcoming on everything so that people don't doubt all his statements or motivations. So far he hasn't so there isn't much confidence in what he says including with this.

Jackie Kennedy wouldn't have been caught dead in it.

You don't have a clue what Jackie Kennedy would think about today's fashion or Michelle's outfits.

Jackie Kennedy was first lady 50 years ago. Style and people's tastes change. Since Jackie was known as a fashion arbiter and showed it by wearing things that first ladies before her didn't it is very likely that Jackie O would have very much approved of Michelle Obama being her own woman and wearing today's fashionable clothing.

After Jackie left the white house and her style became more casual she was one of the first women to wear jeans and made that acceptable for women. It seems to me that she may very well have approved of many of the new styles.

You might not approve or like Michelle Obamas style but it is ridiculous for you to pretend to know and claim what Jackie O would think.

o

Ann might be able to carry off Ralph Lauren's Fall Winter collection they were kind of horsey, tweedy johdpurish semi gatsby meets Gossford Park he had a nice red pant suit (seriously would look good on her) actually quite a few nice pant top combinations that were casual & elegant at the same time but certainly not Narciso Rodriguez or Jason Wu or any of the edgier designers.
Design taste & fashion sensibilities always can get so snotty!
After all who ever picked on Laura Bush for her clothes or even remember a single thing she wore for that matter or Barbara. I can't even think about Hilary Clinton & clothes not that she doesn't dress well shes dresses like a lot of political women.

o

I have reacted badly to Ann Romney's "You people' comments because it seemed to show a disdain for all of us not country club folk but at the same time I would like to make a statement for it not in the slightest affecting how I feel about Mitt Romney. I would wish that spouses had nothing to do with campaigns. I hate to see children dragged out on a stage or put in pictures for show. I completely disagree with the whole 'First Lady' wad of BS. It is demeaning. Just because you married someone 20 or 30 years ago you have to be drug through it in the press. I appreciated how private Laura Bush managed to keep herself most of the time. while I have a hard time with It I cant really fault Michelle Obama for her very public role because if she didn't play the part it would be used against her husband in a way that Laura Bush was not. It is no win. Medically wise I was appalled when John Edwards knowing his wife was dying ran for President-using her on the campaign and keeping her from her children at a time when it was going to be all the time they had with their mother. Her choice to go along with it in the face of his ambition was sickening and I have some what the same feeling here. It shows a disregard that I find unsettling but as I said before it doesnt affect how I feel about Romney as a presidential candidate.

o

Ann also has no bearing on why I don't like her husband. I could not stand George Bush but always liked Laura. Read CW's comments about Michelle in 08 which were blatantly racist. Ann will never be Michelle. She's older and ill and Michelle is healthy and younger. To compare Michelle's outfit to a rock awards show to what Jackie O would have worn is so dumb. It was 50 years ago ! Jackie was ahead of her time, wore bikinis, and also sunbathed topless. Ohhhh gasp, the shame of it all that they don't all look like Mamie E.

o

Maddie Maddie Maddie....you are as bad as CNN and NBC &
CBS with the "bits & pieces" of a remark.
Lets post the whole statement shall we?????????
I know the pew wants to read the exact words.

I am also roflmao that you took the time to go back through my posts to TRY and find something about little
ole me. You like me , you really like me!

Below is the comment in its whole post that maddie excerpted.
Posted by Citywoman2012(My Page) on Fri, Oct 17, 08 at 14:02

kwoods remember the story, "Oh, grandma, what big teeth you have" and the answer, "The better to eat you with my dear".
Well, McCain doesn't have big teeth but I know someone who does.....yes...obama's old lady whats her name.
Those big teeth could pull a semi. Or that big bootie could sure smother some younguns.
That remake I just made couldn't be any more 6th grade than the remarks made on this "side" of HT in regard to Sarah/McCain. Ugly isn't it? Childish isn't it?
The next time you get ready to smear my next President and VP....remember...the other side is fair game too.
I can't even believe I have sunk to the level of ignorance these worship obama posters have.

o

New benchmark there! Practice does count for something.

o

I can't even believe I have sunk to the level of ignorance these worship obama posters have.

Then why is it that you continue to do so and continue to add such racist remarks to your posts as well.

I am also roflmao that you took the time to go back through my posts to TRY and find something about little
ole me. You like me , you really like me!

I'm laughing that you actually think posters do this. Did you not notice the clippings link next to every post? posts can be saved that way and one can also save things as bookmarks as well.

Many of us hang on to certain posts or entire threads because of what is in them.

No need to go searching for things all the time.

o

We won't be smearing "your" next President and VP because they're already in the WH.

o

Indeed.

Note she edited out her 2nd post from the thread (it's called romneying):

I am lmao right now.
She is buck-toothed and has a huge tush. One of my dear friends has protruding teeth and has a bigger bootie.

o

If, after having viewed a person many times, you still cannot decipher a single thing by the eye contact they make with a camera and with others, by the words they use, or by the body language they use, then I guess that might indicate a lack of attention being paid.

Jackie Kennedy WAS quite the trendsetter in her day... IN HER DAY. But fashion is not the issue, nor will it ever be. One cannot judge another by the clothing they choose. One's impressions are usually forged by the type of person someone comes across as.

o

Citywoman, thanks for posting the entire post.

Yes, I recall the months and months of the barrage of nasty remarks about one's physical characteristics, including Sarah Palin, Newt Gingrich, and others. That's when I noted what is the difference in bringing up Michelle Obama's physical characteristics, how do you like the shoe on the other foot, see how irrelevant it is?

But oh no horror of horror an uproar that someone dared to even make note of a physical characteristic of our first lady to make a point that it's no more relevant than Calista's bleached hair, Sarah Palin's updo, or Chris Christie's girth.

That is disallowed, you're a racist you're horrible!

The hypocrisy is absolutely astounding.

As to Ann Romney, Michelle Obama, Laura Bush, Ann Romney, I wish them all the very best. Their lives are not easy because of their husband's careers, and their live are also privileged, as well. Criticism is going to come with the territory, and they know this.

I couldn't care less what any of them wear, how cold anyone thinks they look in their eyes, I think they are ALL nice women, regardless of their background, the socioeconomic background they were born into and the one they are now living, or what they wear as long as they do not embarrass this nation when they are formally representing us.

o

Wed, Sep 19, 12 at 15:31

Snoopy! That's the most wonderful thing you've ever posted (amongst so many wonderful things)!

I just reread the thread and wanted to add... My understanding is that people are beginning to suspect Romney of eating small children.

o

I am lmao right now.
She is buck-toothed and has a huge tush. One of my dear friends has protruding teeth and has a bigger bootie

Maddie thank you for posting that because I do not read many of CW's post anymore. I would have missed this laugh for today.

Sometimes they can be so "not smart" that it becomes a comedy routine.

o

Wed, Sep 19, 12 at 15:40

Sorry.... I should have been more clear.... Anne Romney.

o

Maddie will save the best ones we might skim by. CW and her outrageous remarks tempered by ' lil ol' me and 'bless your heart' will make me gag if I hear those lovely Southern colloquialisms one more time.

o

Snoopy at yer service. Thanks KWoods! And Marquest!

Note it's always the same few that keep bringing of certain aspects of Michelle Obama's physical features.

I think it's projection.

o

Lily--you betcha!

o

Yes lily you are right.

o

Boggles the mind, doesn't it?

Thanks Maddie for saving these "gems" that CW posts.

It must be something in the mindset of the GOP candidates and supporters. They say things and then think that no one will remember what they said, that there will be no way to bring back the actual words in this day and age.

Just keeps coming back to bite them in that rear of theirs.

It really gets to be very, very comical.

Seems that the public got "too tired" of Ann Romney, cause she did vanish from the scene after the convention and that TV interview.

Could be her MS flared up again and she tires too easily because of it. That's a very good possibility.

But, and this is based on Romney's own words, not those of us posting here, She wasn't going to be used much because they didn't want the people "to get tired of her."

More than likely Ann Romney vanished from the scene because she didn't do her job well enough. She didn't give her husband the boost in the polls he was expecting from her performance at the convention.
Her job was a failure and her further performance in the TV interview, well it seems to have done him some possible damage.
That finger wagging bit and tone of voice about no more tax returns released etc. That didn't help him out either.

She didn't do her job, the people, especially women, didn't respond to her they ways they where expected to, so she is put on the "back burner". You know, the typical, "out of site, out of mind" attitude about women.
The "use them when you need them, then put them back in their place afterwards."

And yes, for those that think that stress, pressure, flying around all over the country, etc. doesn't create havoc for someone with MS, believe me it does. It does with any kind of autoimmune disease.
The pressure cooker that Mitt Romney has put his wife under with this campaign for president, could be total disaster for her, and even if she agreed to go along with this and support him; the better thing for him to have done would have been to put his wife and her health first and given up his idea to be president.

On the other hand, having lived under Romney as governor, everything is all about him, "me, myself and I" and no one else matters. They all serve me and my wants, needs and desires.

So I'm not surprised that he would run a second time for president and risk his wife's health in the process.
He's a very, very self centered man. He is number 1 and everyone comes after that.

o

Lily, I have a daughter-in-law who was diagnosed with MS approximately 3 years ago so my family and I are well aware of the effects of MS and are also aware of the fact that each person with the disease knows/learns what they can and can't handle........ just like any other disease different people may have different results to treatments, may be able to handle more stress, etc. Ann is the one who has MS and I am sure she knows her limits so why should it be anyone elses concern? You've made your negative comments regarding her hair, her being a stay at home mom, being rich, having MS, so what comes next.

o

Romney's exact quote still stands:

"We .. we, uh, use Ann sparingly right now so that people don't get tired of her."

Yes Littleone, 'backburner' is about right.

o

My next negative comment..she married Mitt.

o

Coming to think of...

..."we use Ann"

That part of his statement speaks volumes.

o

Some of these comments are priceless and not in a good way. Let me know which one of you actually lives with Mitt and Ann Romney. The most disturbing are the comments professing to know what Mitt and Ann think and feel.

I've always said politician's personal relationship with their spouses is none of our business.

Oh and BTW, anyone remember the red designer dress that Nancy Reagan accepted as a gift and so much was said about it, she returned it? I believe Michelle Obama flaunts all her desigenr gifts regularly and I've never heard one word about her returning them!!!

o

Oh and BTW, anyone remember the red designer dress that Nancy Reagan accepted as a gift and so much was said about it, she returned it? I believe Michelle Obama flaunts all her desigenr gifts regularly and I've never heard one word about her returning them!!!

You want to know why nothing is said? Because she pays for them and not mooch for free, entitlements. Like Nancy tried. You are aware if she had accepted one as a gift you and others would have been all over that story like a cheap suit.

o

with pictures stating as Demi did to show how big it made her butt look

o

It could very will be that we are not seeing too much of Mrs Romney right now because she is not well. If that is the case my heart goes out to her and her family. None of this is easy for the wives.

Having said that, I do find Mr Romneys comment very strange. Why on earth would he suggest that the public could easily tire of his wife,? I find that really bizarre.

o

Are you kidding me, you really want us to believe she doesn't receive gifts from all those designer's she wears? LOL I guess we are to believe she pays for all the expenses to go on vacations 3-4 times a year also? You know the ones where she brings her daughter's entire class to Mexico, or there many trips to Hawaii? We know they hang with rock stars, dress like millionaires (the same people they hate) and party like there is no tomorrow, all on tax payer money!!!

o

And you know all of this how GGM? Because you say so? because some right wing website told you so?

Come on, now. Tell us how you know all this stuff you keep spouting hot air about.

Or is this going to be another one of those, "i'm not going to tell you littleone" because I don't want to know or some such foolish idea you have.

o

or there many trips to Hawaii?

Nice grammar

o

Could be mooching...

Rumors abound as to exactly how Mrs. Obama obtains her wardrobe
Published: 2:31 AM 07/14/2010
By Caroline May - The Daily Caller
"As of today, the first lady has only donated one gown to the Smithsonian � the aforementioned 2009 inaugural gown designed by New York designer Jason Wu.

Desiree Rogers, the former White House Social Secretary, was well known for her attendance at fashion shows and her cutting-edge personal style when she worked with the first lady. Rogers, however, refused to engage in any conversation about Mrs. Obama or her clothing.

"I don�t have anything to do with them anymore," she replied when contacted.

A spokesman for Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington told TheDC that while it might not look good, Mrs. Obama�s acceptance of gifts probably does not represent an ethical conflict. "There is no gift rule that applies because she is not an executive employee," the spokesman said.

The White House declined to comment on Mrs. Obama�s clothing and accessories. The numerous designers the first lady has patronized have also chosen to remain mum, presumably not wanting to lose one of their most valued (albeit not always paying) customers. Among the designers who refused comment or declined to respond to this article were: Peter Soronen, J.Crew, Maria Cornejo, Naeem Khan, Prabal Gurung, Loree Rodkin, Isabel Toledo, Maria Pinto, and Thakoon Panichgul."

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/07/14/rumors-abound-as-to-exactly-how-the-first-family-obtains-mrs-obamas-wardrobe/#ixzz26yXUXjif

o

Michelle Obama's clothes are not paid for by taxpayers. Most designers give or lend her outfits, other items she buys herself.

I was able to find other credible sites that say the same thing including Snopes.com.

Much ado about nothing.

Here is a link that might be useful: Taxpayers don't buy Michelle Obama's wardrobe.

o

Are you kidding me, you really want us to believe she doesn't receive gifts from all those designer's she wears? LOL I guess we are to believe she pays for all the expenses to go on vacations 3-4 times a year also? You know the ones where she brings her daughter's entire class to Mexico, or there many trips to Hawaii? We know they hang with rock stars, dress like millionaires (the same people they hate) and party like there is no tomorrow, all on tax payer money!!!

This was discussed after every trip. If you do a search you will discover your fellow Conservatives have tried this story before. I guess Conservatives have such low integrity they think everyone live their life on the same low level.

Michelle appeared to have parents with integrity, I realize some people have not had that type of upbringing so I understand. You and others may not understand that concept.

o

Posted by marquest z5 PA (My Page) on Wed, Sep 19, 12 at 23:41

"I realize some people have not had that type of upbringing so I understand. You and others may not understand that concept."

I think it's very kind of marquest to share her disappointing experiences growing up. Takes courage to own up to one's disadvantages like that. And my admiration for the compassion she has demonstrated for others like her is hard to put into words.

o

Vogue has listed her on it's best dressed list which mean crap to those with impeccable taste (I know what I like crowd) PFFT! Yes designers compete to loan her their creations. She becomes a walking endorsement for their lines.
Oh it's so unfair the liberals just get away with everything!

o

I'm pretty sure she wasn't the first, on either side of the aisle.

o

I responding to GG & CW

o

I'm hoping we can get this post up to 150 !
Folks at work laugh so much at this stuff!
Oh they laugh at me too but some of you guys draw screams! It's sort of like reality TV!

o

I'm hoping we can get this post up to 150 !
Folks at work laugh so much at this stuff!

Yes it is entertaining. I know I get my laugh and eye openers. You realize that reality tv is not staged. Honey Boo Boos really do exist.

There are some Deliverance society.

Elvis I see you are still doing that Secretary thing of reading backwards and not quiet getting the understanding. But......

o

It's not the clothes that make the person, anyway. Fashion is/was not the issue.

I would agree, Joe... it's much like off the cuff reality tv... and good for the laughs and gaffs!

o

Here we go again. I did not say tax payers paid for her clothes, I said they were paying for her frequent vacations.

terriks you better check my spelling too while you're at it and oh don't forget the punctuation. I know how to use there and their but unlike you I sometimes type when I'm tired and that is the result. Please, as a favor, check all my posts for punctuation (terrible because I don't case about it on the forum posts), spelling, and get back to me so I can correct all of my errors. Thanks so much.

o

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on Thu, Sep 20, 12 at 0:43

"I responding to GG & CW"

And I responding you.

o

I said they were paying for her frequent vacations.

You can repeat it as many times as you want but it still won't make it true.

This has been repeated ad nausem but one more time they pay for their personal vacations. Same with their childrens school trips.

Don't believe everything Romney tells you.

Presidential Travel: Policies and Costs

For security and other reasons, the President, Vice President, and First Lady use military aircraft when they travel.1 The White House generally categorizes the trips as fulfilling either official or political functions. Often, a trip involves both official and political, or unofficial, activities. When a trip is for an official function, the government pays all costs, including per diem (food and lodging), car rentals, and other incidental expenses. When a trip is for political or unofficial purposes, those involved must pay for their own food and lodging and other related expenses, and they must also reimburse the government with the equivalent of the airfare that they would have paid had they used a commercial airline. When a trip involves both official and political activities, a formula determines the amount to be reimbursed for that part of the trip involving political activities. Whether a trip is for official or political purposes, the Air Force pays all operational and other costs incurred by the use of the aircraft. While the travel policies of specific Administrations concerning the reimbursement of expenses for unofficial travel generally are not publicly available, it appears that policy guidelines developed by the Reagan White House have served as a basis for the travel policies of subsequent Administrations.

Here is a link that might be useful: Presidential Travel: Policies and Costs

o

Can you be sure?

o

I said they were paying for her frequent vacations.

You can repeat it as many times as you want but it still won't make it true.

This has been repeated ad nausem but one more time they pay for their personal vacations. Same with their childrens school trips.

Don't believe everything Romney tells you.

Presidential Travel: Policies and Costs

For security and other reasons, the President, Vice President, and First Lady use military aircraft when they travel.1 The White House generally categorizes the trips as fulfilling either official or political functions. Often, a trip involves both official and political, or unofficial, activities. When a trip is for an official function, the government pays all costs, including per diem (food and lodging), car rentals, and other incidental expenses. When a trip is for political or unofficial purposes, those involved must pay for their own food and lodging and other related expenses, and they must also reimburse the government with the equivalent of the airfare that they would have paid had they used a commercial airline. When a trip involves both official and political activities, a formula determines the amount to be reimbursed for that part of the trip involving political activities. Whether a trip is for official or political purposes, the Air Force pays all operational and other costs incurred by the use of the aircraft. While the travel policies of specific Administrations concerning the reimbursement of expenses for unofficial travel generally are not publicly available, it appears that policy guidelines developed by the Reagan White House have served as a basis for the travel policies of subsequent Administrations.

Here is a link that might be useful: Presidential Travel: Policies and Costs

o

"...and they must also reimburse the government with the equivalent of the airfare that they would have paid had they used a commercial airline..."

Well, that's different. I'll gladly pay the commercial airfare for a trip or ten on Air Force One.

Seriously, everyone needs a vacation, and probably not too many eyebrows would be raised at a pleasure trip or maybe two in a year, and naturally (for security reasons), they must use secure travel arrangements. So how many pleasure trips do members of the First Family take a year using taxpayer funded fuel?

o

The subject of this thread is a Romney quote. And it still stands:

Note the silence on it.

o

Really deafening, isn't it?

Why is he so afraid people will "get tired" of his wife.

What's Mitt afraid of?

Is he really afraid that the people will tire of his wife or is it something else?

Maybe he's afraid of what she might say that would not be helpful to his campaign. She has had a habit, in the past, of saying some things that really turned off the people.

What he never thought of, though, was his own stupidity, his own mouth opening up and the gaffs that just pour out of his mouth.

What did he really mean though in what he said about his wife?

o

Speaking of the wife, there is this video which was played tonight on the Laurence show. WOW!. I think a radio host in Iowa was talking to Ann and asked her what she had to say to the Republicans who were blasting her husband like the devastating things Peggy Noonan said today. Ann quickly said in a very nasty tone...Just quit it!!!! This is hard enough without being attacked by our side...or words to that effect. THIS is hard? What do you think life is like in the WH? She definitely isn't cut out for this. She's way too above the common folk.

o

This thread was a kick in the pants. What a great ride. "using her... grammar, racism, can you tell by their eyes, is it possible to like someone more if they're tattoooooooed...

Bwahahahah..

I too found the use of the word use interesting but not surprising. And I have a friend with a big butt too!! So I can call her fat because she understands. It's really in these days. It has nothing to do with anything. really. nothing to see here

o

Yep... it has all the usual ingredients we've come to expect in a thread that begins with a quote... and quickly nose dives into personal slurs, diversions, and meaningless quips. It's par for the course.

o

More wood keep it going keep it going!

o

Why don't we just melt some fat instead?

o

Why don't we just melt some fat instead?

What? A southern expression I'm not familiar with?

o

Wood, I might be able to find... fat, you'll have get elsewhere... considering the fact that not all apple bottoms consist of fat. A lot of them actually consist of muscle, the shape of a woman's derriere usually a genetic characteristic, influenced by environment.

If the quip was about Michelle Obama's derriere, I doubt there's be much fuel for Joe's fire.

o

Posted by jodik 5 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 21, 12 at 14:29

"If the quip was about Michelle Obama's derriere, I doubt there's be much fuel for Joe's fire."

No, it wasn't.

It was meant as a note on the state of our nation's population.

But it is quite telling that when you read the word "fat," Michelle Obama's derriere came TO YOUR MIND.

o

Yeah... that and two bits'll get ya a cup of coffee...

In that case, you should be thankful that the First Lady's pet project is healthy eating and exercise for school children.

All I can do is follow the path trampled down ahead of me...

o

MOLLY SAID
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good grief Molly get your facts straight. Malia went on a school trip to Mexico with ten classmates, like many schools do. Neither her mother or father went with them. Yes she had SS protection, would you deny that?
Research is your friend. The facts are out ther if you search further than your usual RW sources. You are just GREEN with envy.........................

o

And each of the children paid their own way ......just like any school trip. It's one thing to despise the President and his policies , quite another to attack his children.

Says more about you Molly, than about them.

o

We are paying for the fuel, the secret service, etc., etc. She's taken 17 vacations in the 3.5 years in the white house. Any of you taken that many vacations? Yea, I know you'll say it was all business travel. You can keep kidding yourself while they suck up working people's money, but hopefully their party on the backs of tax payers will be over soon.

o

Care to share the details of those 17 vacations in 3.5 years? Or are you happier just spewing bu@l ?

Of course the answer will be I can look it up myself because there is absolutely no basis to your allegations.

Just curious, do you have any thoughts on the real issues that face your country or is it only the superficial carp that interests you?

o

Molly seems to have an allergy to facts but loves her some faux outrage.

Since the "16 vacations" was new to me I didn't have to go far, nor was I surprised when I googled it. I only came up with r/w, many wacky, sites. We had Newsmax, lunaticcoulpro and Sodahead amongst others. All cite Fox News as having first "broke" the story. No one seems to list where these 16 vacations were or much other information. I couldn't find a source even somewhat credible.

The Obama's pay for some of the fuel - they pay what a commercial flight would cost just like every other president has done. The cost of supplementing this is nominal when you consider what it is for.

As for Secret Service, that too is part of the package. EVERY President and their family has SS details. George Bush and Dick Cheney (he asked to have his protection extended) are still sucking up taxpayers money with their Secret Service details. So is Bush I and Clinton. So what? The Secret Service used to acommpany the Bush girls partying in New York City.

As for vacations, well it seems that Obama isn't too bad compared to some others.

So far, President Obama has taken 61 vacation days after 31 months in office. At this point in their presidencies, George W. Bush had spent 180 days at his ranch where his staff often joined him for meetings. And Ronald Reagan had taken 112 vacation days at his ranch.

Among recent presidents, Bill Clinton took the least time off -- 28 days.

And last, but not least, if you remember, George Bush took the entire month of August 2001 off and just came back when...well, you know what happened in the beginning of September 2001.

Molly, no matter how many times you try to throw it on the wall it still won't stick. Mrs. Obama can take as many vacations as she wants. She doesn't work for us but she and her children are entitled to the protections of any other First Family.

Here is a link that might be useful: Vacation Days

o

Hey Molly..would you like to see an Obama girl killed or kidnapped? Your President was in Texas for 6 weeks right before 911. I cannot believe the venom the Right has ,but when you're losing, you get desperate. My grandson with his science AP class is going to Costa Rica next summer. He is Malia's age. Would you tell Malia she can't go with her class because Molly doesn't want protection for her? Get a life.

o

I cannot believe the venom the Right

I thought of HT when I saw the news last night that "Ann Romney's plane fills with smoke, makes emergency landing"

The things I am seeing from the Right here and across the net of how upset Republicans are with Romney that I feel they would try to dispose of him if they thought he or his wife were a liability. They seem to be so hate filled for any one or any thing that could get between them and their money. It has become the "LOVE OF MONEY" attitude to the point of hatred. Money above human suffering, need, caring that at all cost do what is necessary. Eat their young for the dollar they squeeze and love so dearly.

Here is a link that might be useful: Anne Romney

o

lily, she said, "Quit it. This is hard..."

I immediately thought to myself, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen," As the person wrote in the link below, if this is hard, what do you think it will be like if you win?"

Here is a link that might be useful: It's so hard to run a campaign

o

For Citywoman..... This week for Jay Leno Show
Photobucket
Ann Romney commits odd fashion faux pas
Ann Romney, whose hubby, Mitt, is running to become the next president of the United States, left her campaign-trail cardigan at home while making an appearance on "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno" on Wednesday. Instead, Romney sported an odd black tiered leather skirt (although it looked a little more like pleather) and matching jacket, along with a pair of lacy heels. Perhaps her next stop was a biker bar? (9/25/2012)

Here is a link that might be useful: Anne Romney

o

Another reason he uses her sparingly. Does she know something? Mental, emotional part. What is she trying to say?

-------------------------------------------------------------
Ann Romney: biggest fear is for Mitt's "mental well-being"

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Ann Romney told a Nevada television station her biggest concern if her husband, Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, becomes president was his "mental well-being."

In an interview Thursday with television station KTVN, Mrs. Romney was asked what her biggest worry was should Mitt Romney be elected to serve in the White House.

"I think my biggest concern obviously would just be for his mental well-being," she said. "I have all the confidence in the world in his ability, in his decisiveness, in his leadership skills, in his understanding of the economy. ... So for me I think it would just be the emotional part of it."

Mrs. Romney has been campaigning hard for her husband, with some bumps in the road. She had minor surgery on her right hand recently, making it difficult for her to shake hands, the Nevada station reported.

In Iowa a week ago, she had a tough response for the Republicans who have criticized her husband.

Here is a link that might be useful: Interview

o

Holy moly, That is one ugly outfit.

o

Yep Jersey. I thought since CW found it necessary to post a pic of our First Lady that we should have a recent photo of Romney's wife.

Joe needed more wood. So we have to be fair and balanced when it goes around the workplace.

o

What she is trying to say is that being President of the US is a stressful 24/7 job.

You see the Romney's don't do coke, smoke or have beers with their buddies to self medicate. She was merely being honest. She was stating she hopes he will be able to have enough balance in his life and not get too stressed because unlike the moron we have in the office now the man CARES!!! But Libs HATE honest. Lala land is so much more comfortable.

Carry on. You have spun the her words, not you have one more to poster (me) to attack. LOL

o

the man CARES!!!

Oh yes we know how much he cares. Did you hear his 47% speech?

o

Mature GOTH!
Nice hair & makeup though!

o

"Carry on. You have spun the her words, not you have one more to poster (me) to attack. LOL"

Wow, how could anyone ever question your intelligent responses? Statements like that are GOLD.

PS It was funniest when you typed that statement out and called the Pres. a "moron" at the same time. Irony is amusing.

o

You see the Romney's don't do coke, smoke or have beers with their buddies to self medicate.

My mother and father did not smoke or drink and they always said God was their medication. I thought Romney were spiritual people. God never gives you more than you can handle. Faith does not leave room for you to worry. True Christians know that fact.

If someone disagrees with you it is not an attack. It is another point of view. If you go into a discussion with hate then I guess you would think of it as attack. That is sad.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here