Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Inappropriate (plain dumb?) Robo Call for Todd Akin

Posted by maddielee 9 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 25, 12 at 17:41

I just received a recorded call from Mike Huckabee, asking me to vote for Todd Akin.

I live in Florida. My area code is a Florida area code.

Just sharing.

ML

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Inappropriate (plain dumb?) Robo Call for Todd Akin

Why not. Since Akin believes the female body has "ways to shut that whole thing down," why be surprised about the Huckabee camp not understanding the disbursement of area codes.

I believe Huckabee has less intellect than a garden tool.

o

.................and good ole Newt Gingrich is helping Akin out. LOL

Seriously, people like THAT believe they are qualified to run this country? It's like dumb and dumber..........

o

I would agree, Duluth. If one doesn't even have a fundamental understanding of the human body and how it works, an understanding of the area code system is probably out of reach, as well.

We've gotten several politically oriented phone calls within the past month, or so. Most have been recorded messages or surveys, and I end up hanging up the receiver for most. I have taken a survey or two, though, giving our rather liberal opinion through the answers chosen.

o

It's worse than Dumb and Dumber, Notto... that's the scary part.

o

Mike Huckabee is doing less damage by calling voters in Florida. I commend his actions.

o

Romney keeps begging me for campaign donations. I am clearly not American. Isn't he supposed not to take foreign money?

o

Well, there's this little loophole in the rules where donations can come from pretty much anywhere and can remain undisclosed, so... I would guess he's free to solicit funds from anyone, anywhere...

By the time the IRS gets around to auditing anyone, the takers of such funds will have folded up their tents and gone home.

o

I completely agree, Nancy! Thanks for the giggle! :)

o

On a related note, now that the deadline has passed for Akin to drop out of the race, the Republicans that said he should drop out are now coming out in support of him. Can you say hypocrite?

Here is a link that might be useful: We like him now

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here