Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Obscene! Outrageous!! Subversive!!!

Posted by ronalawn82 z9FL (ronalawn08@gmail.com) on
Thu, Sep 19, 13 at 19:38

Those are the descriptive terms that sprang to mind when I saw the TV ad. against the Affordable Health Care law.
Obscene because it is too graphic for airing without a suitable warning as to content.
Outrageous because it is an affront to the medical profession and to the national personification of the American government.
Subversive because its intent is to undermine a law of the country.
But I should not be surprised; because the sponsors represent a group that habitually demeans wives, mothers, sisters and daughters. They appear to have an unhealthy obsession with the female anatomy after the manner of perverts - no less!
When other nations burn the American flag and effigies of Uncle Sam, we rail against them. When we do the same we plead "free speech" and invoke the first amendment.
Are these also components of American Exceptionalism?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Obscene! Outrageous!! Subversive!!!

Although you didn't link to the ad, I have read about it elsewhere and assume it is the one that is directed at young women in the hope that they will turn against the ACA.

This is paid for by the Koch Brothers. Putting Uncle Sam in women's vaginas? They're upset by that and expect women to be dumb enough to believe it and not know that the Republicans in many states have inserted themselves into women's vaginas with their compulsory vaginal-probe laws. I hope this causes such a backlash that the Koch brothers and those anti ACA people will forever regret doing such a stupid thing.

o

This is very offensive.

Lets hope this comes back to haunt them.

~Ann

Here is a link that might be useful: Link

o

"This is very offensive."

Thanks for the heads up, Ann. I won't be looking at your link. Except for this thread, I haven't heard a thing about this ad, or whatever it is.

o

You are welcome Elvis.

~Ann

o

Well It's also mentioned on NIK's outrage Link the Dems want your sex or something like that. No wait that was George Michael who wants your sex.
I posted it! It was on Twitchy today & the tea things were all say eww what stupid ad. Stupid is as stupid promotes. Brought to you by that national Infection KOCH!

o

"Brought to you by that national Infection KOCH!"

How does one pronounce "Koch," anyway?

o

As in "Coke".

o

Like - Things do not go better with Koch.

o

Come on Elvis. I know that when you joined this forum you stated that you had paid no attention to National politics of any kind for 8 years, but one would have to be living under a rock to have missed the repeated pronunciation of the "Koch" brother's name. Unless you were so clueless that you thought these brothers owned the coca cola company?

Well, that would explain why, when you first joined, you said you were a supporter of the birther movement.
It HAD been 8 whole years since you had been following the politics and must have felt those wars we had managed to get ourselves in must have been started by some crazy anti-American nut who wasnt even born on our soil. And the new President had a funny sounding name -real foreign, not at all American sounding.
Kinda like those Koch brothers!

o

“This ad is brought to you by the same people who force Uncle Sam between our legs when it comes to reproductive health. It’s un-American to mandate forced ultrasounds, restrict abortion care, and deny contraception coverage while trying to trick students into forgoing Obamacare, which will help them get preventative care and end gender discrimination in insurance coverage.”

o

I think the ads are in poor taste, maybe even in outrageously poor taste. Equal opportunity offenders with another video of a young man about to get a prostate exam by the same creepy Uncle Sam.

Since the thrust (pardon the pun) is solely to dissuade the young from buying insurance, I wonder what the effect of these ads really will be after they're laughed at by millions of You Tube viewers. I want to give young people more credit than to fall for this even though they often think they're invincible.

o

"Well, that would explain why, when you first joined, you said you were a supporter of the birther movement."

Nope; you said I said that. I didn't even know the term; and quite frankly have never heard it used as you use it except on this forum. I actually thought it had something to do with midwifery.

Which isn't so strange when one considers all the excitement that goes on around here from time to time concerning politicians crawling into vaginas, although that seems to have died down lately; an occasional spastic utterance here and there is pretty much it.

o

Nope; you said I said that.

I would not be so sure.

BO lawyer admits B[irth] C[ertificate] a forgery

Posted by elvis 4b WI (My Page) on Thu, Apr 19, 12 at 11:22

Holy smokes, Batman! Thanks for sharing, Cait--a very interesting and informative read. Of course, the ones who are receptive to the idea will read the link and the ones in denial won't. So it goes...

Unless one is already a birther, there is nothing informative -- or interesting -- in Cait's linked article. Then there's the question of exactly who is in denial given the fact that the article is a bunch of warmed-over obvious hooey.

Back to the OP. I hope this ad produces a back lash.

o

Just their name gives me the creeps. It sounds like a deadly venereal disease. These filthy rich crooks are so full of it. Think they would have learned in the last election. What their money could do if they had honorable and good intentions.

I cannot believe someone could possibly be living in this country never hearing the word "birther"...And Nancy proves you wrong.

Let's hope SNL gives their parody a REAL parody.

o

This is so bad that it is actually funny. Hard to believe they paid for this ad that Mad Men would have probably rejected...

o

dockside, I guess that I was all worked up over the issue.
Here is that Link .
Cheers!

o

The ads are in extremely poor taste. Vulgar doesn't quite say it all.

Hope it backfires........and I think it will.

o

I find it hard to believe it won't backfire. The only ones that will fall for it are the ones who have already fallen for the GOP BS hook, line and sinker.

Let's hope they get exactly what they deserve.

Why is anyone surprised that Elvis has never heard "birther" or how to pronounce "Koch". She fully admitted about a year ago she wasn't sure what happened in the lead up to the invasion of Iraq and was still reading up on that. Or...maybe...she claims ignorance when not wanting to admit mistakes by those she likes and voted for. Hmmm...

o

Wow elvis, sounds like someone has been writing a journal about you. Don't you feel special?

o

Don't you think this ad is as least as good as the Romney causes woman to have cancer ad?

o

People don't realize it, but they write journals about themselves, right here in this forum. Jill simply has a decent memory.

o

It's what I like to call 'reading comprehension'. I actually comprehend what I read, and can therefore remember it. Some should try it sometime.

Maybe it's just me, but when someone says something so ridiculous I tend to remember it. I find an adult claiming 10 years after the fact that they don't know enough about the events leading up to the invasion of Iraq yet because they're not done reading up on it really quite shocking. Perhaps you don't find that surprising MrsK? Maybe a lot of Republicans haven't caught up on current history and it's not a surprise to you. Or maybe you just didn't comprehend what elvis said?

o

I find an adult claiming 10 years after the fact that they don't know enough about the events leading up to the invasion of Iraq yet because they're not done reading up on it really quite shocking.

Bob Woodward, if I recall correctly.

More shocking to me because the dodge to answering an uncomfortable question regarding the Iraq war was to create the impression of an uninformed, guileless rube -- which is pretty much the way it's gone ever since in HT except in those rare cases where a right-wing citation is used to support a position.

I think of it as 'swanz lite' in honor of the now banned pretend guileless rube who first perfected this technique at HT.

o

Nancy, I've long thought that Bob Woodward is little more than a man so hungry for the spotlight he'll go to preposterous lengths to land in it. The days of Deep Throat are long behind him.

o

"Don't you think this ad is as least as good as the Romney causes woman to have cancer ad?"
I am not sure that I understand the question.
So I will link the three ads below and invite the reader to decide which is chalk and which is cheese
The Romney ad.

the Vulgar ad

o

"I find an adult claiming 10 years after the fact that they don't know enough about the events leading up to the invasion of Iraq yet because they're not done reading up on it really quite shocking."

I don't see that as my problem, but don't get the vapors on my account. What someone else finds shocking is really none of my business, so.

"I think of it as 'swanz lite' in honor of the now banned pretend guileless rube who first perfected this technique at HT."

Again, not my concern. I hardly fit the profile, though, having been born and raised in the city of Chicago.

o

Elvis, you might very well be surprised at the amount of times that I might tend agree with portions of what you say, or agree with the general idea but abhor the way in which it is stated.
Its your sudden attacks of amnesia over various issues, the calling out of others who's objectionable behavior has been nothing different in nature than your own or your foolish tap dancing on issues -
(still researching the events leading up to the war? Taking longer in your research than the VERY long war itself even lasted??
Uh.......yeah.)
-which leaves me uninterested in trying to figure out your motives for participating in the first place.
I dont like to believe its just game playing due to generalized boredom but am as of yet unwilling to put the effort into scratching any deeper that that.

o

TMI, Mylab. It's none of my business what you think of me.

o

Why Elvis!
I merely followed your lead.

o

Totally agree about Bob Woodward. He and Bernstein were my journalistic heroes back in the Deep Throat days. Now he plain gets on my nerves with his slow drawl. He wants to be center stage with controversial books, but his day has long gone. Bob, you're no longer relevant.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here