Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Happy 225!

Posted by Roughseas none (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 17, 12 at 21:45

"We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Today is Constitution Day. The United States has had the same constitution for 225 years (it replaced the Articles of Confederation)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Happy 225!

Here's a conversation starter - does it need updating? I know we've had amendments, but does it need more? Can we expect that a document created 225 years ago in a completely different economy and global conditions should be adequate for today's times?

Although I doubt we could ever agree on the changes.

o

Yes, it needs an amendment to get rid of the super PACs.

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Mon, Sep 17, 12 at 22:57

My rule for any and all amendments :
That they each may grant a freedom, but never take one away.

...and that's a lot of candles.

o

nice terricks! may I add amended so only people are people.

o

That they each may grant a freedom, but never take one away.

Let's make an exception for corporations being considered persons!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here