Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Reviews of the First Lady's speech?

Posted by elvis 4b WI (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 4, 12 at 23:23

The folks watching at our house agree that Mrs. Obama turned in a great performance. Anyone else watch & listen?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Reviews of the First Lady's speech?

It's being discussed below in DNC beginnings come join us!

o

Oh, phooey elvis. When I saw the subject I thought you meant Ann Romney's speech from last week!

Didn't see MB's.
I won't turn my tv off the HGTV channel this week.

o

It was good and seemed very heartfelt. I liked her emphasis on how your values affect how you act.

cw, Ann Romney is not yet "the First Lady" ... so this thread could not be about her.

o

I watched the entire RNC as well. Why would you not want to tune in is beyond me...it may not be your side but it is your country! Jeesh!

It was a riveting and compelling speech that made emotional connections and brought them to their feet and she did fold policy into the dream. Loved it <3

o

I watched Ann too nice lady!

o

It was a very sophisticated speech, the way it used their families as a microcosm of society and then looping back to her husband and incidental anecdotes. Whoever put the speech together worked a long time on it. I kept looking for her to make a mistake with that kind of speech. It's not easy to pull it off but she aced the delivery.

Something must have happened about two-thirds of the way thru because all the audience with cameras and recorders were turned in another direction and not at her.

I was also impressed with the keynote address too...but it was a much simpler speech. Direct and to the point, but also using his family as example.

-Ron-

o

Who's MB? Some people don't know who our first lady has been for the last four and next four years.

o

I was very impressed with the changes she has made in her appearance, delivery and demeanor. She played on the emotions of the audience very, very well.

I just wish the man she described was the man I observe as president.

o

I think the fact that she gets to observe him a little more often might have something to do with that. There are obvious obstacles, and also the job and powers of a President to consider. It's been almost 4 years of continuous "no" from the opposition that should be willing to compromise and work toward the good of the whole country.

The tribute to Ted Kennedy was nice, too.

o

It's being discussed below in DNC beginnings come join us!

Agree, there are 2 more days to go. I hope you will join us.

I watched the RNC all 3 days. I enjoy information and open minded enough to be able to watch both and secure enough that I know I can watch both and make a decision.

Something must have happened about two-thirds of the way thru because all the audience with cameras and recorders were turned in another direction and not at her.

When you are at a event like that you start to take pictures of the reaction of the people in the audience. If you are putting together a album of memories. The tears and the reaction of the crowd has to be included in that album.

She had the hall on fire. The delivery was spot on, the words were spoken in a way that touched the hearts of the public. The reaction of the crowd and the reports from both Liberal and Conservative confirm that there was not a negative move, word spoken, content of the speech confirm it will be a goal of every First Lady in the future.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here