Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Joining in & coming out of lurkdom

Posted by Bothell none (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 16, 12 at 23:53

I've been a lurker since the last election. Decided to step out of the shadows as there are so many articulate, intelligent, interesting people here. I may not agree with what is posted, but it is always challenging and interesting. About myself - I am a 60 year old female, married & live in the Seattle, Washington area. I am fortunate to have a career that I have been successful at although I was a victim of the 2008-2009 meltdown of the economy. My passions are reading, gardening, competing my horse & trying to contribute to causes I believe in. I'm hoping to contribute to this forum & its discussions in a positive way & I have an initial posting in mind that I hope to articulate & share very soon.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Joining in & coming out of lurkdom

Hi Bothell, nice to see you.

I look forward to your initial posting!

o

I'm glad you chose to first be a quiet visitor, it's much better I think when a person is fully aware of the type of atmosphere of the forum they are contemplating contributing and sharing in.

This place can be shocking, although I've been told it's mild compared to a whole lot of what is out there. It's not congenial at all at this political point in our nation but it's never really a hands across the water kind of place - the name is, after all, HOT topics!

I do wish it were different, I suspect lots of us do. More like, warm topics, maybe?

I've been told that this forum is rather mild compared to what's out there in internetland - I still find that hard to believe, but then I have my very few places I go and besides research, I don't wander from those places, so what do I know? ;)

Anyway, I'm glad you have allowed yourself to learn the lay of the land and I eagerly anticipate your contributions!

Welcome!

o

Welcome to you .

o

Hi, nice to meet you.

o

Welcome Bothell, look forward to your first post.

o

What do you think about men who wear manties?,

o

Pay small attention to Tob, I'm sure you have figured that out already. Now forewarned, we are eager to see your first topic.

o

I say pay good attention to TOB. He posts current events with an interesting slant.

welcome.

I lurked here for awhile, lots of characters,lots of ego,lots of fun

o

Pretty interesting, if one is obsessed with frigging "manties"....

o

dunno pn , I bet you would look good in a pair.

o
RE: in & coming out of lurkdom

Manties for all!

o

Welcome, Bothell.

o

Welcome; I look forward to hearing your opinions and views.

o

Welcome, and enjoy. This forum is great fun.

o

Welcome from me too! The more opinions the better!

o

Welcome to the fray, Bothell. :-) Jump on in-- the water's a little warm, but you'll get used to it!

o

Hey Bothell! Glad to hear there will be someone else, regardless of your slant on manties.

y'all are killing me! It's too early for this....

o

Welcome. my guess is you are from Bothell. Have friends in Issaquah and Redmond.

o

the manties is his throw away line ...like "there they go again"

o

Hi, Bothell Welcome. I am looking forward to getting to know you.

o

Welcome Bothell. Looking forward to reading your posts.

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Mon, Sep 17, 12 at 9:52

Watch out Bothell, this place is like potato chips...yummy but one can easily overdose. Several of us here have posted thru 3 elections, 4 if you count the soil&compost forum during the pre-hot topics daze. fun, fun, fun...

Bothell 2012
First Termer!

o

Welcome! But only if you agree with me and love my party.

o

If your candidate loses do you plan to be here in January?

o

Welcome from me as well. Looks like we are all patiently waiting for your first post.
Hope to see it soon.

o

The suspense is killing me.

o

The suspense is killing me.

o

Thank you all for the welcome. Umm "manties" I've sort of seen the topic before and guess I'm alright with them. I live close to Bothell (but not in it) so I borrowed the name from the city. Especially since one of the favorite things kids do to "Welcome to Bothell" signs is remove the first three letters of the ciy's name & well, you see what it now says. Always makes me giggle when I see it. I'm going to put a topic up tonight, that I've been thinking alot about lately, just want to express my thoughts clearly.

o

Welcome! Looking forward to that first post.

o

"competing my horse"

Are you Ann Romney?

o

ha ha ha. Hadn't thought of that. No my horse, purchased from a Little Nickle ad 10 years ago, has nothing in common with hers other than having four legs, a tail and eating hay.

o

Welcome, Bothell! Is it raining today?

o

Welcome to you. It's always nice to have another west coaster here although I'm on the other side of the border from you. I love reading what people have to say about politics and the current climate.

o

Welcome, Bothell. When I saw your name as the original poster, I figured you were from the Seattle area. DH and I lived in Lake Forest Park for 9 years before moving across Puget Sound (a lot more open spaces, less traffic, great views, etc.)

I'm looking forward to your post tonight. DH says I'm addicted to the computer and he's partially right. I tell him I can quit any time I want to. Trouble is, I don't want to. I would have a hard time giving up HT although I have had a week or two, here and there, where I vow I'm through. But, I always come back.

o

Dockside--some unsolicited advice.

My husband said the same thing.
He died suddenly and without warning and I could have spent more time with him instead of the time I spent here.

I was so distraught that I had wasted time on Hot Topics that I didn't post for months and months.

I wish I had back most of that time I spent on this forum and other "surfing."

Just a viewpoint, especially since you said he's mentioned how much time you spend on the computer, I wouldn't want you to regret anything. Of course there's nothing wrong with participating on this forum or any activity you choose and living your own life--we all do.

I just wouldn't want anyone else to say "I wish I hadn't...."

o

Nik: No rain here! We are coming up on 2 months with almost no rain.
Dockside: I know Lake Forest Park, still a lovely area with lots of trees.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here