Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Way We Think

Posted by fouquieria 10b (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 6, 12 at 4:03

So, I log on to Yahoo and there's a news article about some mother going to court to get her gay son's eagle scout badge. I didn't read through the entire article but the first group of comments stuck out. Not one was supportive of that first group of comments. I didn't read past the first page of comments but here they are unedited (except for the names).

A Scout is clean, swearwords and dirty stories are often used as weapons to ridicule other people & hurt their feelings. A Scout knows there is no kindness or honor in such tasteless behavior. He avoids it in his own words & deeds.

your kicked out and did not follow the rules - join the girl scouts they like boys

You don't see the Boy Scouts going to a queer bar and asking to join so stay the hell away from heterosexual places that don't want you. You need too teach gays are sick sick is gay

Sorry. As much as I am for this boy, he loses. As a former Boy scout, I know.

homosexuals are the bigots they call everyone else

If it was my boy...he would be on the streets...I'd kick his a** out...dis own him

Mother take your sick FRICKING son too a gay bar and let him get his #$%$ badge given to him stay the hell away from the Boy Scouts they don't need your perverted sick nasty gays gays are sick sick is gay

The scout oath says it all. and to argue that the whole organization has to change might sound great but is not reasonable! I wonder how parents that allowed camping trips, reacted to this proclaimation! I sure would hate to see him in charge of my 13 year old. If other scouts were attacking... More

Scouting's principle of "duty to God" If you don't believe in the principle, don't join.

leftist media abortions are a disease that must be cured

plenty of "gay" boys have made it that far, and going to court wont help. Just shut up. why make a big deal about it all? respect others, that DONT want to hear about your sexual preference. I dont believe that all "gays" know at that age that they are Gay and gay for life! I sure hope they are... More

All I have to say is girl on girl action is gay and I have nothing against that. Unless they're fat with short hair and glasses. Then it's pretty gross.

The Boy Scouts can do whatever they want. If you don't like it tough, don't join.

state force is the only solution to any real or perceived problem that the leftist abortions identify. that is why the tyrants must be killed.

If this is what we've become as a nation, I'm glad I won't be around too much longer. Chilling.

-Ron-

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Way We Think

It shows the level of ignorance and prejudice that exists. It's appalling.

The sad thing is... I'd bet the majority of appalling, ignorant comments come from self professed christians, a testament to the loss of the real message... and a statement of what are considered "morals" or "values" of today.

Positively dreadful.

o

What is it about institutions that become large and powerful which (rightly or wrongly) we believe to stand for all that is good and noble? So often they degenerate into ossified monoliths that cling to ideas that are no longer relevant and lose sight of their original purpose. Christian religions are other entities that come to mind. The simple message of love, honor and tolerance is lost in the shuffle of empire building and before we know it we have THIS!

o

I tend to find in all the rants I read on differant subjects that conservative Christians are sometimes almost illiterate in their writings.

o

God and Jesus love them just the way they are. Defenders of the Faith, ya know.

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 7, 12 at 3:03

Ignorant zealotry is not a new thing.

o

There have been a few recent posts here where some have indicated that they are praying for Romney (or more likely , against Obama but they can't be truthful, even with God).
I find that so odd since Romney is not a Christian, does not believe in Christianity, and unlike Jesus, has no empathy for the sick, the poor, the elderly and those less fortunate. He thinks 46% are moochers that he could never teach personal responsibility to? He's not worried about the poor because they have a safety net?
Pray for that jagbag? Don't waste your time.

o

No, ignorant zealotry is not a new thing... but the basic message brought by religion is a timeless one. It's the extras that humans have attached, and their interpretations therein... how it's all separated, at man's insistence of going back to that zealotry... and what we find to be hidden behind the curtain of organized religion...

The true message that Jesus supposedly shared is lost.

That aside, where is the generally accepted knowledge of science and biology of today? All I see is ignorance and intolerance, with no effort put forth to learn about the groups that are held up in fear.

o

You don't know much about Mormons, do you Heri?

o

Heri seems to have fallen into the religious bigotry box. Forgive him as I hope the LDS do.

o

I dunno...since Romney is a prime example for everything what's wrong with organized religion, I get Heri's point.

As for Ron's link--this kind of hatred is normal over at fox-news. The regressive mindset at work.

o

Romney avoid religious subjects at every step and show awkwardness while interacting with religious convocations (aside perhaps from secret temple ceremonies among Mormons.)

o

It is very upsetting how many people feel that way. What the heck are these people afraid of? I just don't understand that kind of thinking.

I also don't understand why the only conservative poster on this board to post a comment is to take a swipe at heri. What about the OP? Any comment on that? Why is it that conservatives on this board do not speak up against this kind of bigotry. Oh, they will mention sometimes that they believe in equal rights for everyone. But when there is a post like this, or a post on the attacks on woman's rights, they are usually totally silent. Why is that? IMO, that's the kind of attitude that has allowed the Republican party to become so extreme in its views and platforms. Those in the party that don't agree with those extreme views just remain silent. That is a very big problem, IMO. That's what really scares me about the Republican party. By the time people in the party are willing to speak out against it, it may be too late.

o

"By the time people in the party are willing to speak out against it, it may be too late."

That's it, exactly. Silence will reign until laws are changed in ways that we don't want... and then, it WILL be too late.

We have to stand up for what we know to be right, and we know that every human being deserves the same rights and freedoms, with no exceptions.

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 7, 12 at 17:16

If my experiences with multiple specific individuals are any indication there is in fact a lot of educated white Americans who really do think there is something wrong with blacks, hispanics, native Americans and gays, that poor people are shiftless and lazy, that the government gets too much money, that billionaires are "cool" and deserve every penny, and so on. So, of course they don't object to statements supporting such ideas.

o

This is my take on boy Scouts-they do indeed have the right to not admit people they dont approve of-the courts have said so..so why join this ugly fascist orgainzation in the first place? They depend heavily on women-they have goofy ceremonies of giving roses to mothers but dont admit women into their organization. They teach prejudice and disdain for others. They are criminally careless with the kids-I have stories I could tell. Form your own group that is healthy minded, supportive, inclusive....

o

I completely agree patriciae. Private groups can do what they want. Just as a private country club can deny membership to anyone they want to. Why anyone would belong to a club like that is beyond me, but as bboy points out, prejudice is alive and well in this country.

Even if my son wanted to join the boy scouts (which he does not), I would not allow it. I would clearly explain to him why and I have no doubt he would understand. One of his best friends has 2 moms and he sees nothing unusual about that at all. I would not subject my child to that kind of prejudice and would never support a group that discriminates with my money.

o

Is this not the same organization where numerous instances of child molestation were hidden and not addressed?

This is off-topic but was touched on in this thread. I have read, and I hope that someone will correct me if this is not true, that the Mormon religion deems it to be permissible to lie to non-Mormons. If this is true then I would not call this a religion but rather a cult. It would also explain a lot of Romney's actions and statements.

o

Well sleeplessinftwayne, what was your opinion of Jeffress analysis? I highlighted his points if you do not want to read his entire belief.

sleeplessinftwayne
You don't know much about Mormons, do you Heri?

Robert Jeffress, the evangelical pastor of First Baptist Dallas, said Mitt Romney is not a Christian and Mormonism is a cult, after introducing Rick Perry at the Values Voter Summit Friday.

The Texas leader told The Christian Post Friday that Mormonism is not in line with the historical tenets of Christianity and is considered as a cult among mainstream Christians.

"Evangelical Christians should not vote for Mitt Romney because he's a Mormon, therefore not a real Christian," Jeffress said.

"Historically, evangelical Christianity has never embraced Mormonism as a branch of Christianity. Mormonism has always been treated as a cult. In fact, the Southern Baptist Convention, which is the largest Protestant denomination in the world, officially labels Mormonism as a cult. It does not embrace the
Historic tenets of evangelical Christianity," he said.

Jeffress added, "Mitt Romney is a good, moral person, but that does not make him a Christian."

Jeffress announced at the Values Voter Summit that he plans to vote for Perry, who is an evangelical Christian.

Here is a link that might be useful: Robert Jeffress,

o

We have to stand up for what we know to be right, and we know that every human being deserves the same rights and freedoms, with no exceptions

==========================================================
Except rich white men can't be richer than anyone else.

o

Except rich white men can't be richer than anyone else.

When have we ever elected a poor President in modern times?

o

Being rich is no more a right than being poor. Get a grip.

o

Good lord, those people should spend less time watching Fox news and more time going to school! The age of Reason came upon us how many centuries ago??

o

Marshall, now that you said it--Romney indeed avoids talking about religion like the plague...

I have read, and I hope that someone will correct me if this is not true, that the Mormon religion deems it to be permissible to lie to non-Mormons. If this is true then I would not call this a religion but rather a cult. It would also explain a lot of Romney's actions and statements.

Yes, if I recall that correctly, Jerzee posted a link. The Mormons call it "Lying for the Lord", they're not the only Christian branch either, other branches call it "Lying for Jesus".

All organized religions are cults, and of these cults, the majority are businesses in disguise. The Mormon "church" definitely is.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here