Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This ad is sure to win the election!

Posted by mrskjun 9 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 31, 12 at 5:31

Some days I'm just more than thankful I'm not a liberal. This is just warped.

Here is a link that might be useful: link

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This ad is sure to win the election!

Can I assume that you do not appreciate Sarah Silverman's style of humor.LOL!!!!

And just so you know, not all liberals are fans of Michael Moore.

o

It's from Michael Moore? What did you expect?

o

lol... Old people with foul mouths make me giggle.

I'm a Betty White fan. Can you tell?

o

That's the difference between liberals and regressives.

We don't just follow the sheep. If there's something a liberal disagrees with done by another liberal, we say we disagree with it.

On the other hand, regressives are not capable of doing that. They will defend any behavior done by one of their own.

One of the many reasons I'm glad I'm a liberal. I like to think for myself.

Didn't watch the ad. At work. So can't give my opinion on it. But, cursing doesn't offend me. At all. Violence, on the other hand, is not something I support.

o

I saw parts of it but most of it was bleeped.

You could figure it out.

I thought it was disgusting, but then I think Michael Moore is disgusting, too.

Who is surprised?

Not me.

Frankly, if I were Romney I wouldn't WANT the vote of someone that approved of that ad.

o

One of the many reasons I'm glad I'm a liberal. I like to think for myself.

Didn't watch the ad. At work. So can't give my opinion on it. But, cursing doesn't offend me. At all. Violence, on the other hand, is not something I support.

I second that. Violence is absolutely despicable.

o

Okay I laughed. It reminded me of the old people when I go to the Senior homes. It is not that they are being foul but some older people feel they have lived this long and have the right to say what they feel like saying.

Some are meek and mild some are on fire. Yes it is a Betty White humor ad. I cannot be angry. What they said in total was true. The Republican Party knew that this would have a impact on the elderly vote but did not care.

Until you take these senior around trying to get ID when they have voted all their life and they have doctor appointments, some have to sit for hours going through Dialysis and it takes them a day to recoop from that and you add another unnecessary stress to get an ID to vote they felt violated and angry.

WALK A MILE IN THAT SENIOR'S ORTHOPEDIC SHOES.

So mrskjun I say carry on whether it wins the election those elderly people were given a venue to express their anger and I think it is their right.

o

I thought it was hilarious!

I mean, anybody who threatens voters with "when I'm in Heaven I will watch you everyday every time you have sex... especially kinky sex" is someone Republicans should tremble in fear of!

So a bunch of elders are having fun verbally strutting around and playing a political game of "cock of the walk" or "kind of the hill." I'm just glad to see one retains one's sense of humor even in a nursing home!

The elderly playing tough guy Clint Eastwood---oooooooh, that is just terrible! A shocker, indeed!

LOL

Kate

o

I laughed. Not offensive to me.

Seniors don't become a Disney version of themselves when they reach a certain age. We carry our passions, our likes and dislikes with us as we age. The mind may stay healthy while the body disintegrates. We'll all be there sooner or later, if we're lucky. And we're all temporarily able bodied.

o

I watched it. Not my taste. But whatever.

o

The elderly playing tough guy Clint Eastwood---oooooooh, that is just terrible! A shocker, indeed!

Good point Kate. Eastwooding is just fine but everyday non-famous elderly people in senior homes are not fine. Some double standards going on here.

This is a ad. Eastwood was the lead in to the announcement of the next potential President of the United States. Real classy there.

o

Clint Eastwood was not vulgar and in your face.

That's the difference.

o

I find the misleading ad about Chrysler distasteful. And since that ad is Romney's own ad, even more so since he is approving a lie.

o

I would disagree.

Vulgar could easily be applied to Clint Eastwood's behaviour. Vulgar doesn't just refer to offensive language.

o

I assume Democrats know their base. They know what kind of humor appeals to these folks, and they're doing what they have to do.

o

I guess some have different levels of vulgarity as acceptable. Very classy

Timing is also a issue.
RNC Convention vs a Political Ad

The reason there was no movement toward Romney after the Convention because of the Eastwooding vulgarity at a time when you should put your best foot forward. If your best is your acceptable vulgarity you appear to be in the minority.

o

Plus Clint Eastwood has made a career out of being vulgar and in your face.

"When you say that, you better smile."

Tough guy, anti-social, excessively violent, (and very anti-women if you go back and watch some of those Dirty Harry movies)!

But always self-righteous and RIGHT (pun) when everyone else was WRONG. Everybody, I tell you!

Even when he challenges an empty chair.

Kate

o

It was funny. It just was.

o

I saw the ad. Not my cup of tea. I don't like vulgarity, no matter who mouths it or what kind of vulgarity (20 year olds or 80 year olds).

But, to each his own.

o

nik, I think you are right. I actually thought everyone would find that ad offensive. I was so wrong.

o

I actually thought everyone would find that ad offensive.

EVERYONE? REALLY? Why?

Because Everyone thought Eastwooding was offensive?
Because Everyone Support Romney?
Because Everyone Support Obama?

Not everyone is easily developed into a bobble head. We all have a level of what we consider classy, vulgar and inappropriate.

I always watched both party Conventions with my daughter. I would have been embarrassed to have to explain to my daughter at 7 yrs of age what Eastwood was saying. A Political Convention is a important event that families watch with their children.

Yet the conservatives did not find that vulgar. Interesting.

o

I have to admit I didn't see the Eastwood speech. In fact I saw nothing of the convention of all. We spent 8 days without electricity due to Isaac. If his speech was anything like this ad, I would have called it vulgar. I don't have a pack mentality.

o

I did not think that Eastwood was vulgar.

I do think that the seniors in the commercial are vulgar.

I think Betty White is vulgar.

Hell, even Betty White thinks Betty White is vulgar!

That's what's so damn funny about it!

o

Ha, Hamiltongardener, I agree with you on everything, spot on!

I think if Betty White weren't vulgar she wouldn't be so popular these days and raking in the dough like she is.

That is a sad commentary on today's culture to me.

Same thing with Joan Rivers.

If you see her interviewed outside of her outrageous persona, she seems like a nice and reasonable person, and that's what I hear from someone who has met and spent a little time with her.

o

I would never imply that Betty White is a phoney and an opportunist. I think she is loving this persona she has created. That is why she plays it. She certainly doesn't have one foot in the poorhouse and therefore forced to prostitute herself to the public's low standards (as some people seem to think).

Kate

o

I'm a Betty White fan. Can you tell?

Get out the White vote.

-Ron-

o

Whether Betty White is a phoney I have no idea.

I've watched her since the 1960s and she has always been a bit salty--increasingly more so as decency standards have been lowered throughout the decades.

There is absolutely no doubt she is an opportunist.

The assumption that she doesn't have a foot in poorhouse has nothing to do with the fact that she no doubt wants to make more money.

That's her right--at least she's providing for herself and not sitting in her rocker waiting on someone else to pay her way in life.

o

I get to update my reactionary lexicon.

Note to myself:

humor = vulgarity.

-Ron-

o

I'm sorry, but I have to speak up.

I will NOT allow anyone to engage in fighting over Betty White.

Betty is NOT to be used to hurt someone else.

And thou shalt NOT take Betty's name in vain.

If you can't say something nice about Betty... SAY NOTHING!

o

If you can't say something nice about Betty... SAY NOTHING!

I'll say something NICE about Betty White. She is a true animal lover, and she has worked tirelessly for years (and generously contributed too) on behalf of the Los Angeles Zoo.

o

Nice deflections.

o

Not my cup of tea either but I'm certainly not offended

I like Eastwood but implying that the President of the US would want to tell Romney to do the" physically impossible"to himself is most definitely vulgar. Vulgar and disrespectful, at least by my standards.

o

Mrs. K this is the video I asked you about in your other thread, hadn't seen this this thread till now.

It's disgusting. Anytime anyone has to use that kind of language to make a point turns my stomach. It's classless humor. As the famous Phyllis Diller once said (bless her soul), blurting out profanity does not make one a comedian. Who exactly is this ad suppose to appeal to? No on with any class or self respect would think this is a good ad for Obama or anyone for that matter.

The only thing I like about Betty White is her devotion to the animals.

o

The Righties don't like Betty because Betty loves Obama and has done ads for him. She's a delightful lady who has devoted her entire life to animal welfare. Your guy's main supporter, Nugent, kills every animal he sees...and your VP candidate will go with him to slaughter animals with his 7 year old daughter.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here