Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Death Panel Rattle

Posted by nikoleta (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 5, 12 at 8:44

For those who aren't into wearing blindfolds and earplugs, here's what Obama and the Democrats have in store for America. Obamacare's DEATH PANELS are so critical to Obamacare that even judicial review is forbidden. Welcome to Obama's America.

FTA: "Until two nights ago, most voters were largely unaware of the unelected 15 member Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB) created as part of Obamacare. Mitt Romney can further capitalize on his adroit performance in Wednesday's debate by focusing public attention on the power and influence of IPAB in the coming weeks.

When he was asked why he wanted to repeal the federal health care law, formally titled the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), Romney quite correctly touched on rising insurance costs, and Medicare cuts, but it was his third response to moderator Jim Lehrer that really stood out.

"Number three, it puts in place an unelected board that's going to tell people ultimately what kind of treatments they can have," Romney said. "I don't like that idea."

Anyone who believes in constitutional limited government won't like the idea either.

The IPAB is charged with developing proposals to "reduce the per capita rate of growth of Medicare spending," according to the PPACA. The Board's authority is activated whenever Medicare's future spending is expected to increase faster than the target rate, which is the average of the change in the Consumer Price Index (CPI) until 2018. At that point, the target rate is set to the nominal Gross Domestic Product (GDP) per capital plus one percentage point. The Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) must implement the Board's proposals, unless Congress intervenes."

The horror continues, see link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: See no evil

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Death Panel Rattle

You are obsessed with death . I have answer for the scary.....

Try being Personal Responsible. Buy personal insurance and save your money to pay for a plane trip to another country that offer medical care that has not yet been approved in America. Many stars have done that even when Republicans were in office and we did not have AHC.

Farrah Fawcett did that when she had Anal Cancer. It gave her a few more years of life but it did not save her life.

It is evident that the 47% are lazy and only want the government to take care of them. So if you want the government to take care of you then you are going to have to accept that we cannot pay for every treatment you want.

Here is a link that might be useful: Medical treatments

o

So, when Kaiser Permanente has their unelected board of doctors and statisticians look at best practices and then implements them, thats ok.

But doing it on nation-wide scale is wrong.

Aside from the hysteria of the DEATH PANEL DEATH PANEL OMG MOG OMG!!@!@ crowd, one thing that the pharmaceutical industry and medical device industry, both huge beneficiaries of the bribe-a-congress, loot- the-country business model, is to avoid any scrutiny on the comparative efficacy of the stuff they're flogging. IOW, that new drug that costs 300X the old one may not work all that much better.

o

Now that voter fraud is on the other foot death panels are the flavor of the moment in Teabagistan!

o

Now that voter fraud is on the other foot death panels are the flavor of the moment in Teabagistan!

They are a confused bunch. First they do not want take care of the sick because they are poor now they are upset that the poor might get the death panel.

Is it because they are now realizing that they are the POOR.

I wish someone would explain this concern. What happened to their Personal Responsibility?

o

"So if you want the government to take care of you then you are going to have to accept that we cannot pay for every treatment you want."

Exactly! That's why Obama and the Democrats set up an unelected board that can't be challenged in court. How dare the American people challenge their government!!!

When you go cast your vote, do remember that this is a completely, 100% DEMOCRAT plan. Americans will want to give Democrats all the credit they deserve. Not only for forcing Obamacare down their throats, but for making sure to write the legislation so that DEMOCRATS and Obama, not the American people, have the last word!

With this kind of "Democracy" from Obama in his first term, imagine what he has in store for all of us if we give him another four years!

Had enough?

o

With this kind of "Democracy" from Obama in his first term, imagine what he has in store for all of us if we give him another four years!

Exactly!!!!!

Maybe we can make some progress towards single payer if the Republicans in congress stop their do anything to hurt the people of this country tactics! Do you really think your party will stop their bullying, nik? I kinda doubt it, but I'm willing to find out!

o

Posted by marquest z5 PA (My Page) on Fri, Oct 5, 12 at 12:35

They are a confused bunch. First they do not want take care of the sick because they are poor now they are upset that the poor might get the death panel.

I wish someone would explain this concern. What happened to their Personal Responsibility?

OMG, this is the BEST post, ever. lmao

o

nikoleta, I just do not understand. Republicans have Personal Responsibility. You can buy private insurance. There have not been any concern for that 47% they want the govt to take care of them.

The Republican PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY is what you want Democrats do not want that according to your party everybody get what they want.

Why do you seem to be so concerned about the death panels? Have you seen any Liberals posting Death Panels are coming. We are not afraid you do not have a need to be concerned because you have Personal Responsibility.

o

Personal responsibility is having a friend of a friend who owes you a favor who will do the procedure & bill Medicare for something else! Or the next round up of doctors & clinic owners scooped up fro Medicare fraud.

"4 people in Baton Rouge, 87 others charged with Medicare fraud"

There's service & there's getting around that!
My favorite billing for clipping 18 toenails Sasquatch Lives!

Here is a link that might be useful: Billables

o

Had enough?

Yes, I have had enough of fear mongering.

o

This is the same kind of obfuscation of intent that calling the original plan to pay for end of life consultations with your doctor DEATH PANELS. It is nonsense. It is intended to confuse and frighten the weak minded. There is no way that I believe that you Nik really believe what you are saying. If this is your ZINGER it lacks panache, zest-that aha very clever moment. It is flabby and pale like an under cooked pancake. I hope you have something better for us.

o

Nikoleta, buy private insurance or pay for your treatments yourself. no one is telling you that you can't have treatments. Your boy Romney is lying and you have fallen for it. Buy all treatments that your little heart desires and keep yourself alive forever!!

o

Posted by marquest z5 PA (My Page) on Fri, Oct 5, 12 at 12:35

It must be that Romney has become contagious, contagious if you see or hear him in person, contagious through the TV Screen and/or the Radio.

It must be that seeing, hearing, being in the presence of Mitt Romney has such a severe affect on the brain, that it causes some, especially those in the GOP to become so confused that they don't remember what they have said in the past and they say something opposite of what they have said in the past.
It confuses their brain, mixes them up and they just can't figure out what it is they want to say next.
Every time they open their mouths something different comes out.

Blame it on Romney, their candidate for president, the least flawed of the pack they had to select from or at least so they thought.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here