Return to the Hot Topics Forum

o
Any bets?

Posted by mrskjun 9 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 10, 12 at 9:52

Who will be the sacrificial lamb for the Benghazi scandal? My bet is on Susan Rice. Might have been Hillary Clinton, but I don't think Obama wants to rattle Bill's cage right before the election. So, who do you think it will be?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any bets?

NO bets, but it will be someone.

Now that the State Department has said it wasn't THEM that came up with the asinine explanation for the murders of our Libyan Ambassador and three others as being Muslim reaction to some obscure video made in Florida, the Obama Administration has some 'splaining to do (as Ricky Ricardo would say), especially since U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice went on all the news shows with this ludicrous explanation that the 9-11 murders were a spontaneous Muslim reaction to a homemade video.

Especially since we know the administration knew for sure the day AFTER the attacks it was terrorism.

Nah, won't be Hillary thrown under the bus.

And liberals talk about "lies?"

The nerve!

o

One think I don't understand is the need to spend all those tax payer dollars trying to find out the facts and then coming to a conclusion

Clearly a lot of time and money could have been saved asking Nik, Demi and Mrs what happened.

o

Mrskjun/Demi, I know this is your big concern du jour, but frankly in the larger picture this tiny pecadillo is really meaningless in American politics. I'm certainly not going to base my vote for a current American President based on the Borgian intrigues of the US foreign service, which have existed for generations through many administrations and will continue to roil long after Obama/Romney are both a mere memory.

o

circus, four good men are dead, and they shouldn't be if half of what we are hearing is true. If this isn't of great concern to you, ask yourself if these were your brothers, husbands, fathers. Would you care then? Would you consider it a "tiny peccadillo"?

o

Will they bring out that the republican house has repeatedly refused to fund more security for the State Department?

Will they bring out that due to the Bush privatization-of-everything-under-the-sun, that a single, private security guard - eg the ex-SEAL that died, costs us 5X what it does to use the traditional Marines?

o

I think it's extremely sad, Mrskjun, but there are also thousands of innocent civilians dying each month from the wars we are funding.

My point being that I honestly don't believe that you bring this topic up out of sheer humane concern for the victims, or you'd be posting daily about every other grevious loss of life occasioned by the USA and its policies & activities abroad.

You are using the death of good men in the service of their country to make egregious partisan points. I find it extremely offensive and really wish you (plural you) would stop doing it.

o

In other words, Mrskjun: would you want strangers to be waging cynical partisan "bets" about your dead brother, husband, father?

o

A meaningless tiny peccadillo shouldn't be offensive to you cp.

o

It is meaningless in the broader scope of American politics, Mrskjun, but certainly not to those who are directly affected. Not that I expect you to have any sensitivity towards them as long as you can leverage this to further your anti-Obama witch-hunt.

Twist it as you like for your own needs, as I know y'all will, but I doubt I'm the only Independent, or just plain fellow world citizen, who is offended by the use of this and other recent human tragedies in the service of a truly craven election campaign.

o

"Borgian intrigues"

Me likey! I'm sure to file that one away.

o

There's a decided need to escalate this peccadillo into a full blown war while the perceived anger can still be utilized; there's a ton of profit to be made, don't you know! Don't you want to hedge your bets on this, people? Don't you want to get in on weapons manufacture, hitching your wagon to a star? And what about all those tanks rusting away in the Californian desert?

o

Thank you cp. At least you and I agree on one thing. Using this for an election campaign was totally offensive. Sending people out to lie about it when you knew the truth all along is disgusting. Obama owes the American people an apology.

o

You prove my point, Mrskjun.

sign me,
Repelled by Your Thought Patterns

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 10, 12 at 11:01

A tiny peccadillo? no way! It's the biggest thing on Fox newz since Fast & Furious. It's a Big Peccadillo!

Mitt Romney 2012
My Peccadillo is Bigger

o

My bet is there will be embassy soup, embassy hash & embassy croquettes before your done with the flavor of your moment.

"Later in the interview, CNN Anchor Soledad O'Brien asks, "Is it true that you voted to cut the funding for embassy security?"
Chaffetz answers, "Absolutely. Look we have to make priorities and choices in this country. We have 15,0000 contractors in Iraq. We have more than 6,000 contractors, a private army there, for President Obama, in Baghdad. And we're talking about can we get two dozen or so people into Libya to help protect our forces. When you're in touch economic times, you have to make difficult choices. You have to prioritize things."
O'Brien responds, "Okay, so you're prioritizing. So, when there are complaints that, in fact, that there was not enough security, you just said, absolutely, that you cut, you were the one to vote against to increase security for the State Department, which would lead directly to Benghazi. That seems like you're saying you have a hand in the responsibility to this. The funding of the security? How am I wrong?"

Don't forget a Chaffetz dish for hand washing before you shed your next tear!

o

Using this for an election campaign was totally offensive

I hope you assign this thought to Romney.

o

How do you KNOW that's what the President did? To demand an apology means you KNOW he lied. How do you KNOW that? If Congress KNEW that they would not be having these hearings? How do you KNOW more than they do?

You have made up your mind with absolutely no FACTS and have used the death of these 4 men to place bets for a political outcome.

Common decency is to wait for all the facts to come out and then if an apology is in order it should;d be made...by whomever needs to make it.

David, the fact that Congress removed 300 Million dollars of funding from the State Department budget, and REFUSED to provide additional funding when it was requested, is irrelevant to these folk. You see that would mean that the blame lay with other than just the White House and that does not serve their agenda....so we ignore that factoid!

Here is a link that might be useful: Clinton warns of security problems if budget cut

o

Using this for an election campaign was totally offensive. Sending people out to lie about it when you knew the truth all along is disgusting. Obama owes the American people an apology.

I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Of course he owes us all an apology, and Barack Obama owes an apology to the families of Ambassador Stevens, Doherty, Smith and Woods, for his administration's neglect of and refusal to recognize the danger they were in and the refusal to increase their security.

o

Actually, Kate, I thought we were ignoring all factoids because they don't fit the agenda...

o

mrskjun 9 (My Page) on Wed, Oct 10, 12 at 9:52

Who will be the sacrificial lamb for the Benghazi scandal? My bet is on Susan Rice. Might have been Hillary Clinton, but I don't think Obama wants to rattle Bill's cage right before the election. So, who do you think it will be?

I BET this is one of the many messes the Dems have to clean up.....WHY? YOU ASK?...Because DUBYA started the war in the MidEast, and INNOCENT people are dying DAILY.

This MidEast war was NEVER thought through (looking at YOU, Dubya*)....and the peripheral ramifications of it. Now it's springing leaks all over the MidEest and the Dems are trying to stop them (war they never wanted)...That's the way I see it.

o

" his administration's neglect of and refusal to recognize the danger they were in and the refusal to increase their security."

Again I ask how do you KNOW that to be true? Apparently Congress doesn't. It is, at best, pure conjecture on your part to make the President look bad.

I don't know anything but it would seem to me that the the WH would not be directly involved in determining that level of detail directly.

Congress allocates the funds, in this case they drastically cut the funds, and the State Department administers the budget.

What we do know for a FACT is that Congress cut the State Department budget drastically and refused to provide additional funds even when Hilary Clinton told them it would cause security risks.....maybe it's Congress who should be apologizing!!!

o

But, chase, that doesn't fit the agenda.

The FACT that congress cut the budget does not fit the agenda. Therefore, we must ignore.

The FACT that Clinton warned what would happen if they cut the budget does not fit the agenda. Therefore, we must ignore.

Is the President also at fault? Maybe. We don't know. Yet. I, for one, will wait for the FACTS.

As, Chase pointed out, right now the only one that should be apologizing is Congress. Yet, none of the conservatives trying to use this awful incident for political points are asking Congress to apologize. Why is that?

o

Mitt Romney 2012
My Peccadillo is Bigger

I actually just lol'd, vgkg. Well done.

o

Romney campaign criticized for using the death of a Navy Seal as fodder for his campaign.

BOSTON (WHDH) -- The attack on the U.S. consulate in Libya became a major issue on the campaign trail and the mother of a Navy Seal killed in the violence is voicing her anger that Mitt Romney is speaking about her son on the campaign trail...

Glen Doherty was one of four Americans killed in the September 11 attack on the U.S. consulate...

7News spoke with Doherty's mother.

"I don't trust Romney. He shouldn't make my son's death part of his political agenda. It's wrong to use these brave young men, who wanted freedom for all, to degrade Obama," said Barbara Doherty, Glen's mother.

There was no response from the Romney camp.

o

On Tuesday, Romney spoke to supporters in Iowa, recalling a chance encounter with a former Navy SEAL while mistakenly attending a Christmas party in San Diego a few years ago.

"I met some remarkable people, one of whom was a former Navy SEAL," Romney said. "I just learned a few days ago that he was one of the two former Navy SEALs killed in Benghazi. It broke my heart."

Romney didn't directly provide Doherty's name, but his campaign later confirmed his identity. He was one of four Americans, including U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens, killed during a violent assault on the consulate in Benghazi last month.

Boston's WHDH later reached out to Doherty's mother, Barbara, to get her reaction to Romney's campaign trail anecdote.

"I don't trust Romney. He shouldn't make my son's death part of his political agenda," she told WHDH. "It's wrong to use these brave young men, who wanted freedom for all, to degrade Obama."

Doherty similarly decried the politicization of her son's death in an interview with the Boston Herald last month.

Glen Doherty's friend, Elf Ellefsen, also spoke with Seattle's KIRO, expressing similar disagreement with Romney's mention of his friend's death.

According to Ellefsen, Doherty found his exchange with Romney to be "insincere and stale."

"Mitt Romney approached him ultimately four times, using this private gathering as a political venture to further his image," Ellefsen told KIRO. "He kept introducing himself as Mitt Romney, a political figure. The same introduction, the same opening line ... [Doherty] said it was pathetic and comical to have the same person come up to you within only a half hour, have this person reintroduce himself to you, having absolutely no idea whatsoever that he just did this 20 minutes ago, and did not even recognize Glen's face."

Seems like the family doesn't want Romney using their son.

Here is a link that might be useful: source of course

o

I hope the families of the slain men are watching this side show being put on by the democrats. They are suppose to be at these hearings to get to the truth and one after the other they are grand standing, making stupid speeches, and that one woman Horton had the nerve to slip in some campaigning for Obama. Did any one tell her that men are dead? She's a disgrace. She's making a joke about Romney when these men died for this country. Oh yea those democrats are real honorable people aren't they?

Who is that Kennedy guy? He can't keep his lies straight and when he doesn't want to answer he defers to some other department. Talk about an empty chair. He could leave and no one would miss him.

OK, I have to get back to listen to at least half of the goings on, the part being brought forth by the Republicans trying to get to the truth of this massive cover up. Oh wait, no rush, a dem just took the floor expressing his condolences. That's being done over and over again to divert attention away from the fact their president screwed up and men died.

o

As you can see from above, they are certainly listening. And asking Romney to shut up.

o

It would be more useful to re-open hearings on what Bush knew before 9/11 AND what he knew about WMD before he marched us to a useless War in Iraq in order to kill his father's nemesis.

Where were Demi/kjun's concern for the entire City of Benghazi when Ghadaffi was poised to massacre people in droves (a threatened door to door onslaught) and Obama acted with NATO to stop it?
Can I see those posts Demi/Kjun?

o

Put the blame squarely where it belongs: on the Welsh.

The tribesmen of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch are cowering in their huts, waiting for the first retaliatory drone attack . . .

Here is a link that might be useful: You get what you pay(other people) for

o

Interestingly the mother of one of the ex-seals killed in Benghazi has asked that Romney STOP using her son's death as part of his political campaign stump speeches.

Too bad he didn't think to check with the mother before throwing his name around for political gain.

How totally insensitive.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mom says...don;t use my son for your political gain

o

Now, now, Jon. The Welsh are people too.

o

Posted by chase z6 (My Page) on Wed, Oct 10, 12 at 16:12

Interestingly the mother of one of the ex-seals killed in Benghazi has asked that Romney STOP using her son's death as part of his political campaign stump speeches.
Too bad he didn't think to check with the mother before throwing his name around for political gain.

How totally insensitive.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mom says...don;t use my son for your political gain

Agreed.

You know Romney has been coached for the debate to USE PERSONAL stories, because he didn't do that before Oct 6. He would say "those people...."lol

Using personal stories, peoples' names is an OLD trick to make yourself MORE believeble. I took a speech class in college and that was one of the first things the professor taught us.

Another thing that Romney did during the debate was emphasize with a certain caring tone that "middle class IS hurting" and paused after that-this was for greater effect. He totally made it seem like it was Obama's fault. It worked on many who don't know these tricks. His delivery was stupendous....except, in reality, he doesn't care...but kudos to his coaching team.

o

Heartless can be added to Romney's list of other faults, as far as I can see. How callous to use the death of someone's son for your own gain. But then, just the way he conducts business should tell us that much.

o

And you won't see mrskjun come back and thump Romney for treating this as a chance for political gain. It's only bad when Obama "does it".

o

Who will be the sacrificial lamb for the Benghazi scandal?

Who were the sacrificial lambs that GWB used for the terrorist attacks on American diplomatic targets during his reign?

The UMd database lists 64 incidents of terrorist attacks on US targets during Bush's 8 years in office. Where was your outrage then? YOu said you would vote for him again.
Here are just a few of them?

2001 - September 11, 2001 attacks, 2,997 killed;
2002 - Reporter Daniel Pearl, kidnapped and beheaded in Karachi.
2002 - Nine people killed by bomb blast near US embassy in Lima - seen as attempt to disrupt forthcoming visit by President George W. Bush.
2002-2006 - Karachi consulate attacks: three separate attacks killed 18 people (including an American diplomat) and injured 87.
2002 - Two Marines shot, one killed in Kuwait.
2003 - Riyadh Compound Bombings kill 9 Americans, among 35 others.
2003 - Three American diplomats are killed by a roadside bomb targeting their convoy in Gaza. Palestine Resistance Committees, an umbrella organization has taken responsibility for the attack."[1]
2003�present - Damascus terrorist attacks: American interests in Syria targeted by Islamists.
2004 - Civilians Nick Berg, Jack Hensley, and Eugene Armstrong kidnapped and beheaded in Iraq.
2004 - Paul Marshall Johnson, Jr, civilian working in Saudi Arabia, kidnapped and beheaded; five other Americans die in attacks in Saudi Arabia in 2004.
2007 - American embassy attacked in Athens, Greece.
2008 - John Granville, US diplomat, assassinated in Khartoum, Sudan

Do you have an answer Mrsk or should I add this to the list of many questions you have been asked that you have ignored?

o

epi, there have been a lot more terrorist attacks than the one on Benghazi during Obama's tenure. I don't ever recall Bush trying to blame a terrorist attack on a You Tube video. Or having someone dragged out of their home in the middle of the night with camera's rolling and a full posse for a probation violation. It's been all about a campaign, and lying about it for campaign purposes is disgusting.

o

four good men are dead, and they shouldn't be if half of what we are hearing is true.

You have some damn nerve mrsk to say such a thing after over 4,000 US troops died in Iraq and over 2,000 US troops died in Afghanistan, not to mention the 3,000 who died on 9/11 when your darling Bush ignored all the warnings about planes flying into buildings and failed to protect us and then started two illegal wars. I know these four men were good and competent and did not deserve their fate, but what makes their life more important or worthy than any of the US citizens who died in the two illegal wars and 9/11. Why is George Bush still not in jail for his malfeasance? Those are questions that repugs need to answer before casting the first stone about what happened in Benghazi.

o

And using one of the dead , against his mothers wishes , to gain political points is what?

And cutting the State Department budget even when they were warned by Clinton that it could result in compromised safety is what?

Oh no, lily white Republicans...no blame. Just that guy in the WH...

That type of denial and opportunism is what is truly disgusting.

o

You have got to be kidding kjun.
You are actually toting Bush after he allowed 4 planes to be hijacked from US airports after months of hijacking warnings?
LOL!

And what exactly did you have to say when Ghadafi was poised to slaugher thousands in the City of Benghazi?
Did you support or oppose President Obama's decision as well as our NATO allies to not let that happen? OK decline to answer but you have to stop beating around the Bush. That's your man. Take some responsibility for what he did to our nation, our military, our Trade Towers and thousands of American civilians, our troops, Katrina, Abu Gharib, the Housing boom , bubble and bust and the Bush Crash of 2008.
Even if you could prove Obama was asleep at the wheel like Bush was (which you cannot), this would be nothing in comparison to the Bush legacy of catastrophic failure.
It is a tempest in a another teapot served up to willing Foxboxes who think the world revolves around the outrage dujour on that junk channel.

o

But heri, there is an election in less than 30 days.
They can't trust their candidate to continue to do well in the scheme of things with debates.
They can't rely on their candidate tomorrow night in the VP debate.
They can't rely on anything but their "pipe dreams" that their horribly flawed, flip flopping, who knows what he believes and support, disaster of a candidate will win the election.

So all that is left is the absurdities that the right is throwing out in hopes that the few undecided voters that are left will grasp on to and believe.

Just look at what gets posted here by the "resident conservatives" and you have your answers to how desperate the GOP is becoming.

They try to show how elated they are that their candidate is ahead. Of course it also depends on which poll one looks at and we all know the only poll that really counts and matters is the one on election day.

o

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton emerged from a meeting with House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) sharply critical of proposed Republican cuts to the State Department budget, warning they "will be detrimental to America's national security."
Clinton met with the new GOP Speaker a day before the House begins consideration of a spending bill that would slash the budgets for the State Department and USAID by 16 percent. The cuts, she said afterward, would force the government to scale back its mission in the war zones of Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan.
"I was very clear with the Speaker about the deep concerns we have with the FY11 spending bill moving through the House floor this week," Clinton told reporters at the Capitol.

If the budget cuts were enacted, she said, "we would be forced to scale back significantly our mission in the frontline states of Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan, where we work side by side with the American military. We would also be required to roll back critical health security, climate change, border security and trade promotion efforts abroad."
Clinton's appeal amounted to a push for a robust American presence throughout the globe. "We cannot recede from our presence anywhere in the world," she said.
Noting her own eight years in Congress, Clinton said she understands the tight fiscal environment and the need to trim spending. "But the scope of the proposed House cuts is massive," she said. "The truth is that cuts of that level will be detrimental to America's national security."
Clinton made her public pitch by appealing to areas that have traditionally garnered Republican support, including the war efforts. She said it was "somewhat frustrating" that the State Department and USAID are often classified as non-security spending when civilian personnel are working so often "side by side" with the military in frontline states. "They clearly are part of the national security efforts in these countries," Clinton said.
She also sought to link her budget plea to the revolution in Egypt, where massive street protests forced longtime President Hosni Mubarak from office. "Events in Egypt show how important it is that we have a global diplomatic presence, a presence that will be ready to handle crises, prevent conflicts, protect American citizens overseas and protect American economic interests," Clinton said.
Issuing a broader warning, she said the U.S. needs to learn the lessons of history, arguing that the decision to ignore Afghanistan after the Soviet Union abandoned its presence there contributed to the rise of terrorism that eventually led to 9/11 and today's ongoing war.
"To be successful in these vital tasks, we need the resources to do the job," Clinton said. "Otherwise we will pay a higher price later in crises that are allowed to simmer and boil over into conflicts."
Clinton described the meeting as "very productive," and thanked Boehner for his hospitality and his leadership on Egypt. The Speaker has notably praised the Obama administration's handling of the crisis there.
Still, there was no indication Boehner is willing to reconsider the cuts in the spending bill. He did not address reporters after the meeting. Asked to respond to Clinton, Boehner spokesman Michael Steel replied: "The American people know we're broke we're borrowing 41 cents out of every dollar we spend. Right now, we need to stop the Washington spending spree so the economy can grow and the private sector can create more jobs."

That was last year on Valentines Day!

STARVE THE BEAST = where the government when you need it!

Here is a link that might be useful: Hilary

o

knock knock chase...more dems voted to cut the State Dept budget than Republicans. So how about some equal outrage. Oh wait, I forgot, You don't vote here, you just like stirring the pot.

And how about the troops who have died in Afghanistan in the last four years jz? Do they count? If Obama didn't think we should be there, why hasn't he brought the troops home? Like four years ago.

All the screeching and squealing from dems. All the continued blaming Bush, are not going to make Obama's record any less abysmal.

o

If Obama didn't think we should be there...

In 2008 he campaigned on pursuing the war in Afghanistan - the reason why I didn't vote for him (and certainly not for the war-monger Senator McCain).

o

MrsK, I watched the hearing today. Charlene Lamb who is charged with security for our embassies said there was no lack of resources. She said when there is a threat, they can always move assets around. Ms. Lamb had never been to Libya. Yet she insisted they had the "correct number" of security personnel. Obviously they had no such thing. The bureaucrats in DC were trying to keep the American personnel numbers down, so they could use locals. Locals, however, tend not to stay in those positions. We train them and then they leave. Sounds dumb to me. Anyway, protection for our people was denied because the State Dept "wanted" fewer Americans and more locals. A deadly and asinine idea.

o

Back to the OP - why on earth would the Ambassador to the UN be the sacrificial lamb for an attack on a consulate in Libya?

o

" So how about some equal outrage."

Now that is really funny!!!

Where is your outrage that Congress , Republicans and Democrats , cut the funding even when told it could result in security issues?

Where is your outrage that your candidate exploited the death of one of the guards, without any permission or consultation with his family, all for his own political gain!

......and you talk to me about equal outrage!!!

o

Hey beat Crickets CHASE!

o

I am waiting for the screams from CW, Demi, mrskjun, that Romney should call Doherty's mother and apologize. She lost her son and she has to grieve and address a insensitive stuff shirt about using her son to win an election.

Any of you have any sympathy for this mother? If Obama was using the death of your son part of those campaign lies would you think it was appropriate?

o

Mrsk, your words are hypocritical. You only care about this because this is something you can try to use against Obama. You have taken every opportunity to try to find something to pin on him whether it is warranted or not.

You have admitted you would vote for the worst President again. You would vote for the man who is responsible for the death of my BIL, my friends and colleagues on September 11th 2001 as well as millions of other innocent people around the world with his actions and inactions in the 8 years he led this country, while squandering our money doing so.

You clearly have an agenda against Obama if not you would be up in arms to this day about GWB, the fact that there were more terrorist attempts against US targets under his watch; his actions while in office as well as the financial mess he left this country in.

Obama hasn't come close to doing anything as henious as his predecessor yet he is the anti-Christ to you. It makes no sense to read your words yet you are willing to sacrifice everyone's safety by voting for GWB lite, a liar and a man who has shown how inept he is at almost every turn and has shown he is more than likely get us and others involved in more senseless wars.

o

Any bets?

Posted by mrskjun 9 (My Page) on Wed, Oct 10, 12 at 9:52

"Who will be the sacrificial lamb for the Benghazi scandal? My bet is on Susan Rice. Might have been Hillary Clinton, but I don't think Obama wants to rattle Bill's cage right before the election. So, who do you think it will be?"

Yes--Susan Rice, but in some sort of quasi-subtle way. Rice was certainly not to blame for the security problem, but I'm not sure the issue is even whether the people ultimately in charge of security made bad choices. We aren't qualified to make that kind of judgment.

I think the real issue is the subterfuge used in telling the world that the infamous video was the cause when they clearly knew or should have known better, and Rice was part of that act, so she's fair game, and probably expendable. The question would be why did they do that?

o

Anyone see Sean Smiths mom on Anderson Cooper tonight? She is still waiting for the answers she was promised. She was also told her son died because of this movie.

o

Looks like the sacrificial LAMB will be LAMB.

"Nordstrom partially shot holes in the GOP argument on Wednesday by acknowledging to the panel�s chairman, Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), that even with the additional security forces, the attack wouldn�t have been prevented.

"The ferocity and intensity of the attack was nothing that we had seen in Libya, or that I had seen in my time in the Diplomatic Security Service," Nordstrom said.

"Having an extra foot of wall, or an extra-half dozen guards or agents would not have enabled us to respond to that kind of assault," Nordstrom said at Wednesday�s hearing.

Fingers as to who was responsible for the denied security requests increasingly pointed to Deputy Assistant Secretary for International Programs Charlene Lamb, who was the stateside officer in charge of fielding appeals for more resources.

Nordstrom�s requests were reportedly rejected by Lamb because she wanted to keep the U.S. security presence "artificially low," according to a memo released by committee Democrats ahead of the hearing.

Lamb testified, under a line of questioning from Issa, that the consulate had enough security resources given what officials detected as known threats to the U.S. facility.

Issa said Lamb�s comment "somehow doesn't seem to ring true to the American people," because there had already been an attack on the consulate earlier this year and U.S.�s radar should have been on high-alert given that it was the 11th anniversary of 9/11.

But Lamb said two of her supervisors � assistant secretary of State for diplomatic security Eric Boswell and the principal deputy assistant secretary for diplomatic security and director of the Diplomatic Security Service Scott P. Bultrowicz � signed off on the decision to withhold the security forces.

o

Still no opinion on Romney using the death of one of those young men to his political advantage without any consultation with his mother.....

o

Posted by chase z6 (My Page) on Wed, Oct 10, 12 at 21:05

"Still no opinion on Romney using the death of one of those young men to his political advantage without any consultation with his mother....."

Posted by marquest z5 PA (My Page) on Wed, Oct 10, 12 at 20:08

"I am waiting for the screams from CW, Demi, mrskjun, that Romney should call Doherty's mother and apologize. She lost her son and she has to grieve and address a insensitive stuff shirt about using her son to win an election.
Any of you have any sympathy for this mother? If Obama was using the death of your son part of those campaign lies would you think it was appropriate?"

That's definitely an opinion. Are you suggesting that someone is supposed to answer that poster's question(s)? Good luck with that.

o

Hey look Chase an answer!

o

She didn't get the memo.

o

After practicing critical thinking skills and connecting the dot exercises, here goes.
Are you saying that Clinton, knowing that budget cuts would pose a security threat and the State Dept. knowing that no security would be considered because of budget cuts, knowingly allowed the ambassador and three others to go and remain in a very dangerous area to fend for themselves? Doesn't that make the whole thing even worse?

o

Still no opinion on Romney using the death of one of those young men to his political advantage without any consultation with his mother.....

I'll give you my opinion - he owes Ms. Doherty a public apology.

o

Oh, poop. That's not the issue.

o

oldpea, there are embassies in numerous hot spots around the world. How do you determine at any one time which one needs extra protection? There is no money allocation to guard all of them to the nth degree. Ambassador Stevens himself felt very safe in Libya, where he was extremely popular with the Libyans, and refused any protective escort when moving around the city. Anyone who accepts a post such as this or who works in security in such an area knows the risks very well. It's not for the faint of heart.

o

It was asked, why Susan Rice? How does someone even get on 5 morning shows all on the same day? - I know they can record interviews, but they must have been within a few hours. Very impressive logistically and she stayed on message despite prodding that was somewhat like: "so that is your answer, that is what you are going with"?.

Someone set her up (or sent her out) to look like a fool, 5 times in one morning! It was very impressive!

She is used up. Her job as the US ambassador to the UN pretty much has NOTHING to do with what happened, why it happened, what could have been done differently, etc.. The interviews were a very poor attempt to use what clout she had in her title to promote a version of events that the administration knew was false at the time.

Even those on her side of the political debate will abandon her as incompetent, her resignation will be sought by many to hopefully put an end to what could be a growing scandal at an inopportune time. Even though she had NOTHING to do with it. But if she had nothing to do with the cover-up her naivete alone probably precludes her from being our ambassador to the UN.

o

Just had to add-

There ARE numerous EMBASIES in vulnerable spots around the world. Which makes the murder of our ambassador to Libya even more outrageous that he was killed at a CONSULATE, the first rescue team came from the EMBASSY in Tripoli! - I'm gathering that the EMBASSY in Tripoli can hold its own and seems to placed appropriately- so why was the ambassador in Benghazi? Why was he obviously unsecured? (If it is not obvious that he was not secure, why is he dead?)

o

I'll give you my opinion - he owes Ms. Doherty a public apology.

Apparently Romney left out a portion of how he met Doherty as well, and from what Doherty's friend is saying to the press, it really isn't what Romney has attempted to make it out to be.

But now, that is just how Romney works. Honesty is not something he understands, truth is not in his vocabulary. but anything that will make him look good, attempt to make him look good, gain an advantage at achieving his goal, well that is what Romney will do, will say, and if it isn't the truth, he really doesn't care.

According to Doherty's friend

In a separate interview with a Seattle radio station a friend of Doherty's, Elf Ellefsen, recalled hearing Doherty talk about his encounter with Romney in less-than-glowing terms.
"He said it was very comical," Ellefsen said in an interview with radio station KIRO. "Mitt Romney approached him ultimately four times, using this private gathering as a political venture to further his image. He kept introducing himself as Mitt Romney, a political figure. The same introduction, the same opening line. Glen believed it to be very insincere and stale."
"Honestly it does make me sick," Ellefsen said in the interview with KIRO's Libby Denkmann. "Glen would definitely not approve of it. He probably wouldn't do much about it. He probably wouldn't say a whole lot about it. I think Glen would feel, more than anything, almost embarrassed for Romney. I think he would feel pity for him."

And according to another navy seal and best friend of Doherty who was with him at the Christmas party that Romney claims to have met Doherty.

Brandon Webb, another former SEAL and Doherty's best friend, was with Doherty when he met Romney and remembers Romney reintroducing himself twice.
"Glen and I both gave him a hard time when he reintroduced himself to us a second time. Mitt took it well and we all had a good laugh about it," said Webb, managing editor of SOFREP.com, for which Doherty was a contributing writer.
But he remembers Doherty being respectful about Romney.
"Glen was very respectful about our encounter with Mitt Romney. That was the kind of guy Glen was. He respected everyone regardless of their differences and that's what made him such a great human being," he said.

Yup, twisting in the wind, trying to make something that was an embarrassment to him, out to be something wonderful and patriotic.

Just another gaff out of Romney's mouth, thought he'd get away with twisting the truth this way, but low and behold, it isn't working, and the truth is coming out and is biting him in that rear of his.

Attempting to score points, get votes over the death of an American Citizen, who was attempting to serve his country in one capacity or another, didn't go over very well with Doherty's family and/or friends.

Don't think the truth is going to go over well with those few undecided voters either.

Just Romney being Romney, willing to do anything and everything to win an election but doesn't care who or what get's in his way.

Here is a link that might be useful: The truth about Romney meeting a Navy Seal that was killed on 9/11/12

o

I heard that on Ed tonight. It didn't surprise me at all. Mitt looks like a very insincere creep who has this facade of glibness. He's like a walking talking mannequin.

o

Oh, I get it now! Politician "A" who acknowledged that it was awkward to meet someone more than once at an event (that was not political although politicians were there) and in the opinion of some (including a grieving mother and a friend) used that chance encounter for some political gain is somehow FAR worse a human being than Politician "B" who's administration was responsible for pretty much nonresistant security and equated the murder of an ambassador, a diplomat, and two undisputed heroes as a "bump in the road" toward democracy.

Wouldn't it have been so much worse for Politician "B" if they had blamed a "video" and "protests" for the murders for a couple of weeks before all of the plates were too hard to keep in the air anymore!

Thank goodness for Politician "B" they didn't go down that road! What a gaff that would have been!

o

Who are they going to throw under the bus when Susan Rice testifies who told her the video was the reason for the murders? We all know it's Obama, but of course that won't be said. Wonder if Rice will resign before she testifies.

Lamb claims she saw the attack in real time and yet she and others didn't know right then and there this was a terrorist attack? They all need to be fired for their incompetence. Poor Stevens and the others, were left to die by these inept clowns in Washington.

o

Priorities and choices he says:

Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) acknowledged on Wednesday that House Republicans had consciously voted to reduce the funds allocated to the State Department for embassy security since winning the majority in 2010.

On Wednesday morning, CNN anchor Soledad O'Brien asked the Utah Republican if he had "voted to cut the funding for embassy security."

"Absolutely," Chaffetz said. "Look we have to make priorities and choices in this country. We have�15,000 contractors in Iraq. We have more than 6,000 contractors, a private army there, for President Obama, in Baghdad. And we�re talking about can we get two dozen or so people into Libya to help protect our forces. When you�re in tough economic times, you have to make difficult choices. You have to prioritize things."

o

cheapheap, there is absolutely no evidence to suggest Politician B was in anyway personally involved in any decision that were, or were not made, with regard to security while Politician A personally and knowingly used this tragic event for personal gain.

o

You must have missed the memo's jz. More dems voted to cut funding than did repubs. And yesterday the guy testified that they did have the funds to add more security to the consulate.

o

I guess mrskjun you missed the memo that when a parent loses a child politician should not do a dance on the child's grave and memory.

o

and no one should be betting on his grave.

o

Mrs what has that got to do with Romney using the dead soldier for political gain? Why won't you address that?

o

chase, this is what Romney said..."I met some remarkable people, one of whom was a former Navy SEAL," Romney said. "I just learned a few days ago that he was one of the two former Navy SEALs killed in Benghazi. It broke my heart."

He didn't even name the person. To say that statement was used for political gain, is a huge stretch, even for liberals.

o

But his MOTHER SAID SO. So you deny his mother's right to feel like her son was being played after his death?

o

chase, this is what Romney said..."I met some remarkable people, one of whom was a former Navy SEAL," Romney said. "I just learned a few days ago that he was one of the two former Navy SEALs killed in Benghazi. It broke my heart."

You are kidding? Go back and read what he was saying and what someone told you he said.

o

Mrs he said much more than that but that is still NOT the point. He was using the incident for his own personal political gain and his mother was offended. Why is it so hard for some just to say..."not good" ?

I can only imagine the outrage if this was President Obama....anyhow there is no point your refusal to comment is comment enough.

o

While the State Department was mindlessly cutting security at our embassy in Libya, it was "going green" buying Chevy Volts and a charging station for Vienna. Ooops.

Those bassakward priorities cost four of our fellow citizens their lives in Libya. Some victims of that terrorist attack are still in the hospital.

Unfortunately for this White House, the rest of the country is not nearly as gullible as its base. The only place the preposterous lie about the Benghazi attack being "spontaneous" worked was on the MSM and those people who still think Obama is cool.

This White House lied to us, and that's OK with the far left. Whether it's OK with the rest of the country remains to be seen.

Here is a link that might be useful: State Deparement Priority: Being Green

o

Looks like everybody is paying attention - I see this morning that a Yemani security guard outside the US embassy was shot in a drive-by shooting.

So maybe an unintended consequence of all this political uproar will be more attacks.

o

Amazing delightful post participated in by both sides which only points out the lack of participation in inconvenient TRUTHS! Thank you for this participatory post the contrast of avoidance is astounding at least & typical for the most part!

o

This White House lied to us, and that's OK with the far left. Whether it's OK with the rest of the country remains to be seen.

Where are the WMD? That was a war started with faulty intelligence according to the Bush Administration.

There were no Lybia lies. The incident was reported each day of what was reported to the White House.

It is a shame that the Conservative party have such a need to exploit this Navy Seals death. It is desperation on their part. It will not work.

As a parent I am offended. This has nothing to do with politics. It will backfire. Many people do not feel it this appropriate and that is the real Republicans and Democratic. I do not know where these people store their morals but they need to go find it and put it to use.

o

David just to clarify. The shooting was a drive by shooting of the guard as he was walking to work. Not at the embassy. The victim is a native Yemini and the shooting is thought to be part of a campaign to "convince" locals that working for the US is bad for your health.

o

Thanks, chase - I just heard a bit early in the morning on the radio, didn't get the details.

So during the hearing, the Republicans managed to let slip that there was a CIA operation based out of the consulate in Benghazi, then wouldn't discuss how many security guards were there - sort of what the whole hearing was about - because that would be 'classified', then let slip that the CIA operation is still going on.

freakin' clown show.

o

Chase : “cheapheap, there is absolutely no evidence to suggest Politician B was in anyway personally involved in any decision that were, or were not made, with regard to security while Politician A personally and knowingly used this tragic event for personal gain.”

Chase, (I am substituting "President" for Politician "B" now) might it be part of the problem that the President was not involved? Did he even know who our ambassador was? I was thinking that Libya might have been an important area of the world to focus on because we (the US - but even more specifically the head of our military using the power of the presidency) seems to have recently toppled their government. Was that an Illegal War? - Is it OK if it is just a little one?

The Executive branch of our government WAS and IS responsible for security of its personnel. Perhaps we could find someone who is responsible for the Executive branch of the US government? Of course we could also blame the Libyans themselves, who by convention are responsible for the security of foreign diplomats within their country - which might have been why Libya’s president provided accurate information about the nature of the attack while ours did not. Carney said that the Libyans were not privy to the information that we had about what happened, pretty much laughing that he even bothered to comment! What could he know!

Chase - You follow quite a bit of news, right? Form your own opinions about events that occur? Tell me honestly that you ever really believed that the murder of our ambassador happened as Susan Rice, Jay Carney, and everyone else who could find a camera claimed it did. At some point it is just not worth it.

If you have time please respond to my first two (IMHO more important) posts as well. I will look forward to the exchange.

o

My understanding is that US officials were in contact with the embassy prior to the murders and knew full well there was no "demonstration" going out outside the embassy in opposition to some obscure video made in the United States.

So, having no evidence of an event that did NOT TAKE PLACE, why is it that President Obama, Secretary of State Clinton, and UN Ambassador Susan Rice all led the world, but particularly the American public to believe this was EXACTLY what happened?

I think it's because Obama didn't want a "terrorist event" on his watch just prior to the election.

What other reason to send his staff out to lie?

The UN ambassador does not go on five Sunday Morning news shows without getting marching orders from the Obama Administration.

The UN ambassador does not refer to an event that does not happen and to which there is no evidence, without marching orders from the Obama Administration.

This is unbelievably shameful and I hope the entire sordid mess is exposed.

Our President allowed public servants to be murdered by his neglect of security and then tried to cover it up and blame someone in this country for making some video--so it wouldn't hurt his reelection chances.

Unbelievably shameful!~

o

Our President allowed public servants to be murdered by his neglect of security and then tried to cover it up and blame someone in this country for making some video--so it wouldn't hurt his reelection chances.

Your opinion. Let the investigation finish up.

o

cheapheap, I am absolutely convinced that the President was not personally involved in any of the decision making. We may all think that he is involved in every detail but there is a lot going on out there! I do believe that he is however accountable for whatever happened.

The details of security etc would have been dealt with in the State Department.

o

Yes, you're right, ESH.

That's why I said, earlier in my post I said I THINK that's what happened.

I do not want to believe that, honestly.

Right now, with the information we have, it sure looks that way.

o

Sorry - didn't know your "I think" from way up there carried all the way down to the bottom.

o

Now we know. It was all the intelligence community's fault!

Last night VP Chucklehead claimed the administration had NO IDEA they needed more security in Benghazi!!!

Can't wait for Romney to ask the president to clarify. The MSM should be all over this, but I won't hold my breath.

o

Just read that Jay Carney said that Biden was only speaking on his own behalf about Libya.

Laurel and Hardy in The White House.

Except it is serious, and not funny.

Contrary to Biden's constant giggles and laughter.

I wonder if Barack Obama is laughing this morning, too?

o

Last night VP Chucklehead claimed the administration had NO IDEA they needed more security in Benghazi!!!

You need to remember, it might be prudent to now and then to attend an intelligence meeting to find out what's going on.

o

Let's get this straight--last night, the "brilliant" Joe Biden stated, as Vice President of the United States of America, that the administration knew nothing of requests for more security in Benghazi.

Today, President Obama's Press Secretary, Jay Carney, has said that Vice President Biden was only speaking on his own behalf in this regard.

They can't even get ONE story straight about the murders of our public servants in Libya, even a month later, can they?

And people are giddy about four more years of this level of incompetence and disrespect for the intelligence of the citizens of this country--not to mention the disrespect to the families of the fallen who this administration failed in the greatest sense of the word.

o

Posted by demifloyd 8 (My Page) on Fri, Oct 12, 12 at 14:00

Let's get this straight--last night, the "brilliant" Joe Biden stated, as Vice President of the United States of America, that the administration knew nothing of requests for more security in Benghazi.
Today, President Obama's Press Secretary, Jay Carney, has said that Vice President Biden was only speaking on his own behalf in this regard.

They can't even get ONE story straight about the murders of our public servants in Libya, even a month later, can they?

And people are giddy about four more years of this level of incompetence and disrespect for the intelligence of the citizens of this country--not to mention the disrespect to the families of the fallen who this administration failed in the greatest sense of the word.

I say let's go bomb everybody, and ask questions later, like the Dubya Administration.

o

Notto, what does a past president and war have to do with Barack Obama and Joe Biden's incompetence?

Posted by marquest z5 PA (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 11, 12 at 8:48

I guess mrskjun you missed the memo that when a parent loses a child politician should not do a dance on the child's grave and memory.

Unbelievably crass post.

o

Unbelievably crass post

Demi The purpose of the topic is crass and a political party idea of an example to honor the memory of someone's child is below the lowest I think I have seen a political party and its supporters feel they need reach.

If anything you would think how you would feel if it was your child.

o

Yes demi, how crass and disrespectful can you be by saying this...."I met some remarkable people, one of whom was a former Navy SEAL," Romney said. "I just learned a few days ago that he was one of the two former Navy SEALs killed in Benghazi. It broke my heart." Romney should be taken out and stoned. How dare he call him a remarkable person, how dare he feel sympathy because he died too young. He should get down on his knees and apologize for such derogatory words!

o

MsK, as several of us have already commented, and provided links and direct text, Ms. Dougherty objected to her son being used for partisan purposes by the Romney campaign.

Surely you would respect the wishes of the grieving mother; Mitt Romney has stopped using the anecdote.

o

Marquest, I am going to assume your comment directed by name to mrskjun was not intentionally crass.

In any event, mrskjun makes a very salient post, Romney did nothing wrong and I'm sure is respecting the wishes of the family.

o

nrskjun, in case you missed the explanation elsewhere on the forum or it was not mentioned on your news sources, according to a man who was with the Navy SEAL and witnessed the whole incident, within a period of LESS THAN HALF AN HOUR, Romney introduced himself to the SEAL FOUR DIFFERENT TIMES, without recognizing that he was talking to the same person, and each time shook his hand and said "Hi, I'm Mitt Romney, a political figure" and THAT WAS ALL HE SAID. I doubt that he remembered him at all afew days later until someone reminded him this would be a good public relations remark.

o

How dare he call him a remarkable person, how dare he feel sympathy because he died too young.

You keep omitting the pertinent portion--how dare he do that FOR POLITICAL PURPOSES.

He couldn't have been too personally moved if he met the young man 4 times in an hour or two and had no memory each time of just having met him 20 minutes earlier. But now he remembers him and chokes up--while the cameras are running. Yeah, sure--we take that to be sincere personal grief, and not political posturing! Ha!

At any rate, the mother of the Seal feels her son was used politically by Romney. So your viewpoint doesnt' really count under the circumstances.

Kate

o

Posted by demifloyd 8 (My Page) on Fri, Oct 12, 12 at 14:11

Notto, what does a past president and war have to do with Barack Obama and Joe Biden's incompetence?

Posted by marquest z5 PA (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 11, 12 at 8:48

Unbelievably crass post.

Incompetence? read my lips: WE (Dems & Indeps) NEVER wanted the MidEast war. What YOU call incompetence, I call RAMIFICATIONS OF INVASION of the MidEast by BUSH. There are leaks being sprung all over the MidEast, as a result of Dubya's hairbrain idea of invasion. Lives are lost. New cells are springing up. If the darn DUMBYA didn't have a plan, he should not have INVADED first, and try to figure things out later. This war had been mishandled from Day1!

YOU really don't understand THE BIG PICTURE, seriously? You think these attacks are just Obama's mismanagement? Get REAL!!!

Ryan wants to show the US might. He's dreaming. The military is tired. They want to come home. When Biden questioned him on his(Ryan) being rash about the MidEast, that's when Ryan said that the US has to show its' might (paraphrasing).
That may be true IN THEORY, but reality dictates that cool heads prevail. Dubya invaded the MidEast without doing homework, and without an exit startegy. WHAT A MESS!
I am tired of hearing that our men/women are being killed ....because it's for NOTHING.

Meanwhile, Dubya is enjoying his wine & steak at dinner! And you people(Rep followers) think that the mess in the Mideast is some sort of a game?

Dems have to clean this mess up. Unfortunately, it's the Reps fault that we have been in the MidEast since DUBYA started it. Sorry, but there have been A LOT of lives lost and the war is dragging like a B!tch...But all of you self-loathing women think that ONCE AGAIN, the like of Dumbya (the Reps) will save you. Geez Louise. Anybody home?

o

notto, you did not get the Republican Memo.....Don't blame Bush for anything ..As a matter of fact the last Republican President was Reagan they love and worship him but.....

Reagan was a serial tax raiser. As president, Reagan "raised taxes in seven of his eight years in office,"

Reagan nearly tripled the federal budget deficit.

Unemployment soared after Reagan's 1981 tax cuts.

4. Reagan grew the size of the federal government tremendously.

Reagan did little to fight a woman's right to choose.

Reagan gave amnesty to 3 million undocumented immigrants.

Reagan illegally funneled weapons to Iran. When the deals went public, the Iran-Contra Affair, as it came to be know, was an enormous political scandal that forced several senior administration officials to resign.

Here is a link that might be useful: Reagan

o

It's remarkable how the left keep spinning this away from the people at fault, them being the Obama administration. You've brought up I don't know, how many past presidents and thrown all kind of people into the mix.

Problem is Obama and Hillary's asses are on the line right now and they know it and you know it. End of story.

I see them throwing Rice under the bus. I predict she'll be abruptly resigning soon.

o

I love the fact that Romney introduced himself four times within a short time to the( deceased) Navy Seal, His friend said the Seal commented what an ass Romney was. An insincere elitist politician.

o

Some of us have had the experience of hearing a person was killed, then remarking "hey, I remember meeting that man/woman, and he/she was a really good person". Whether or not the deceased had reciprocated those kind sentiments or not is irrelevant.

o

I've posted twice now an article about the Romney campaign and their advisors gloating over this tragedy, figuring they can milk this for all its worth and paint Obama as the new Jimmy Carter - you saw the "collapse of the Obama foreign policy' statement from Ryan several times yesterday, as they try to pump this up into some sort of way to election victory.

And frankly, I think thats disgusting. It doesn't take long to see the glee in their eyes as they hammer away.

I don't remember which news broadcasts I was listening to or what sites I was reading the morning after this attack occurred, but as is often the case in remote parts of the world with minimal communications, there is a lot of conflicting information coming out - but I heard at the time that it was a terrorist attack, I heard it was a demonstration that got out of hand. Of course there are plenty of folks out there willing to exploit the confusion, witness the people here on the forum posting links to the rabid-antiIslamic websites where they talked about the Ambassador being raped and so on.

It looks to me like the administration went public with the information they knew in a timely fashion, and then changed that when more facts came to light. Which I think is the right thing to do - don't you?

And yes, it does look as if the field office asked for more protection and it was denied by the state department, I think it likely that the white house was unaware of the request and denial, I imagine that the state department and administration gets thousands of requests for stuff and a lot of it is denied long before it ever gets to the bosses.

And yes, its also true that Congress cut the state department security budget, and then left the State Department to figure out how to do more security with less.

But trying to win an election with this is a bit much. The unintended consequences of this circus are plenty.

o

Some of us have had the experience of hearing a person was killed, then remarking "hey, I remember meeting that man/woman, and he/she was a really good person". Whether or not the deceased had reciprocated those kind sentiments or not is irrelevant.

True elvis but this post and what Romney and mrskjun are doing is not innocently saying they remember or give a flying rats behind about the death of this man.

mrskjun wants to make bets on the killings.

Romney used his death as a lead into get sympathy and votes. (His mother's feelings.)

This is you going into a family store and say to the mother "I met your son and I really liked him. Can I get a discount."

You do not use a tragedy for your benefit.

o

Here you go. Lots of information.

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

No link there...

o

What a ridiculous thing to say marquest. Betting on who is going to be thrown under the bus in no way is taking bets on the killings. It's more of a shame to lie to the American people...for political purposes, about the killings. A president who had to take off for Las Vegas for his 200th fund raiser, rather than stay at the White House ..... but then, one has to wonder if he remembers where the White House is located.

o

oops

o

I think what Romney did was shameful and I think it is shameful that mrskjun refuses to acknowledge shameful behavior when it is her man that does it. The man's MOTHER felt that Romney was taking advantage of it. The man's own mother.

Have some respect for the family's feelings, mrskjun.

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Sat, Oct 13, 12 at 10:35

Mitt Romney / Paul Ryan 2012
Sure, We'll Make It All Better!

o

What a ridiculous thing to say marquest. Betting on who is going to be thrown under the bus in no way is taking bets on the killings. It's more of a shame to lie to the American people...for political purposes, about the killings.

mrskjun
A truth that's told with bad intent Beats all the lies you can invent. -William Blake

o

I don't understand how anyone can back a person that consistently lies and uses other people for private and public gain.

o

I have never seen such a divisive party in my lifetime.

When 9/11 happened there were no calls from the Democrats to hold hearings to see what Bush knew before 9/11 that 3,000 Americans were killed on American soil.

We pulled together to go after the people that killed our people. We did not attempt to turn on our own. Our Own President. Our Own Secretary of State. But the terrorist that killed 3,000 of our OWN. There was no betting on taking down our OWN.

So Romney or anyone else that try to say they are innocent of using this incident betting and using the death of our OWN for political gain needs to take a look in the mirror and check your priorities and your patriotic support for your country.

The terrorist win and are probably laughing because these people prove that what they say "we eat our own". While we are fighting and spending money to hold hearings for political gain that leaves less money to hunt them.

Check out the reports of Bush and think of how you felt when 9/11 happened. Was any Republican ready to blame Bush for the deaths of 3,000 Americans? Then try to convenience me or yourself this post was nothing more than spinning.

Keep betting and feel real good about yourself.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bush

o

So true marquest.

o

"I don't understand how anyone can back a person that consistently lies and uses other people for private and public gain."

My feeling exactly. That some Americans still support a president who hopped a plane for a Las Vegas fundraiser while Benghazi smoldered and four Americans lay dead from a terrorist attack our government told us was "spontaneous" is unbelievable.

The only good thing is watching Obama's support evaporate as the lies and cover up unravel.

o

Pish-posh. The President has thousands of people working for him. He didn't have drop everything to deal with it. He got status updates as they were available. Everyone but you understands how that works apparently.

o

But don't you see if the President stays in the WH and didn't do any campaigning or fund raising maybe then Romney can beat him.

You can be sure that the President is being briefed and being updated every minute of every day no matter where he is. With no real job to do and all the time and money to campaign Romney still can't get significantly ahead of the President. Pretty interesting given this was suppose to be a landslide for Republicans....just goes to show you how bad their candidate is.

o

But don't you see if the President stays in the WH and didn't do any campaigning or fund raising maybe then Romney can beat him.

You can be sure that the President is being briefed and being updated every minute of every day no matter where he is. With no real job to do and all the time and money to campaign Romney still can't get significantly ahead of the President. Pretty interesting given this was suppose to be a landslide for Republicans....just goes to show you how bad their candidate is.

o

Maybe NIK doesn't actual comprehend that wherever the President goes he is total control of everything . He doesn't have to be sitting in the oval office..... Geez.

o

lily316 z5PA (My Page) on Sat, Oct 13, 12 at 14:37

Maybe NIK doesn't actual comprehend that wherever the President goes he is total control of everything . He doesn't have to be sitting in the oval office..... Geez.
And you probably don't know that the Republicans are FIFTY years behind "progress", so there is a good chance that they don't have control of what's going on, as they travel, and use a manual TYPEWRITER on their laps..... :-)

o

Posted by lily316 z5PA (My Page) on Sat, Oct 13, 12 at 14:37

"Maybe NIK doesn't actual comprehend that wherever the President goes he is total control of everything...Geez."

"wherever the President goes he is total control of everything"

Really. Then he was in control of the lack of preparedness for the attack in Benghazi, the fate of the 4 deceased Americans, and the subsequent misinformation his administration doled out to the world via the media.

Geez.

o
RE:bets?

I should have prefaced the post at 16:34 with this: "According to you, lily...he was in total control..."

Don't want to pin responsibility for this statement on anyone else. My apologies to everyone else.

o

elvis, I think you may be being disingenuous. I think what's meant is that no matter where the president is there is a constant stream of information being relayed to him. He cannot control the fact that Chris Stevens was in Benghazi and not in the safety of the heavily guarded embassy in Tripoli. He could not control the fact that extra protection for embassies was voted down by congressmen like Paul Ryan. He could not control the fact that demonstrations erupted in Egypt that revolved around the release of an anti-Islam movie the day before and therefore it was logically assumed that the same had taken place in Libya, until further investigations were conducted. Indeed even now one surmise is that the Libyan demonstrations at first were about the movie and other elements saw this as a great opportunity to cause greater harm when they saw what was happening. Trying to turn a complicated and tragic situation into a media fest for the right is just so wrong, especially when your information is flawed and fragmented.

o

And don't forget, using it for politicizing is fine if you are on the other side. You point out that Paul Ryan voted down extra money...not extra protection. But you didn't point out that more democrats voted down the extra money. You also didn't mention the fact that Lamb said they absolutely had the resources to give them extra security.

The fact is, there was never anything complicated. There was security footage that showed there were no demonstrations, and shows the terrorists with weapons descending on the consulate. There is also irrefutable evidence that extra security has been requested and denied. It doesn't matter which side of the aisle you are on, you should angry that good men are dead, and the American people have been lied to.

o

And don't forget, using it for politicizing is fine if you are on the other side.

Apparently you think it is just fine when your guy does it. Not one word from you criticizing Romney.

o

Lies, you say? But of course your guys lie every time they open their mouths. That's okay with you?

o

Posted by ingrid_vc Z10 SoCal (My Page) on Sat, Oct 13, 12 at 17:48

"elvis, I think you may be being disingenuous. I think what's meant is that..."

Uh uh. It's time lily puts her money where her mouth is.

o

"Maybe NIK doesn't actual comprehend that wherever the President goes he is total control of everything . He doesn't have to be sitting in the oval office..... Geez."

I'm just an ordinary American, and my comprehension is just fine. Let me spell it out for you:

Our current president would not allow anything, even another 9/11 terrorist attack on the United States, four murdered Americans, our burned down embassy in Libya, and a middle east engulfed in flames to interfere with his Las Vegas fundraiser.

At the end of a horrifying day for our nation, the most important thing on President Barack Obama's agenda was his own fundraiser.

o

I'm just an ordinary American, and my comprehension is just fine. Let me spell it out for you:

The only thing you are spelling out is your flawed slanted opinion. Nothing more. You have to believe we understand ordinary Americans do have problems understanding.

o

"The only thing you are spelling out is your flawed slanted opinion. Nothing more. You have to believe we understand ordinary Americans do have problems understanding."

Did she just say that? This says that she ("we" she & someone else?) understands "that ordinary Americans" have a comprehension problem. Is that the same as saying that ordinary Americans have a comprehension problem? Is she one of those ordinary Americans? Or an extraordinary American who doesn't have the problem?

Or is she just having a problem?

o

nikoleta, what was the president supposed to do, cancel the fundraiser at the 11th hour? Do you honestly think Romney would have done that? I do know that he looked terrible, with a haunted expression in his eyes, and I'm sure it took all he had to get through that evening. What would his staying home that evening have changed? Elevated him in the eyes of people like you who have mentioned the fundraiser dozens of times? Try to find some higher ground.

o

Posted by ingrid_vc Z10 SoCal (My Page) on Sun, Oct 14, 12 at 22:35

I do know that he looked terrible, with a haunted expression in his eyes, and I'm sure it took all he had to get through that evening.
ingrid did you go to that big-wig fundraiser?

I am going to try to address the mom's issue with Romney
mentioning the son.
The praise for the man was very nice and sincere.

I'm sure after( 4 times?) of meeting him , he remembered
him after he heard of his death.

The mom is a Democrat and of course she is going to take issue of her opposing polical party mentioning her son.

There was nothing wrong with what Romney said about meeting
the man.
He didn't have to call the mother and ask if he could say the Navy Seal was a nice guy.

But evidently he never mentioned it again after she as a staunch democrat asked him to stop.
Very respectful on his part.

Not like Obama. Big Bird asked him to not mention him in his ads and Obama said........"No, we will continue with it."
No respect for Big Bird at all. :)

o

No citywoman, it's amazing what you can see on a big-screen, high-definition TV.

When you can't remember that you've shaken the hand of the same person FOUR TIMES within less than half an hour, I don't hold out much hope of him remembering him at all, on his own, after that.

o

And this is a big deal for what reason????????????

What does this have to do with anything in the great
scheme of things?

The mom is a democrat. That pretty much says it all folks.

I don't really think it was the mother's place to object to anything.
I would have thought his wife should have had the objection
if there was one.

Mitt Romney...respectfully dropped the mention.
Case closed.

o

Mitt Romney is just one big phoney. Very big of him to stop mentioning the Seal's name when asked to. It was all done for political reasons. Imagine being so insincere that you met the man four times in 30 minutes and don't remember? He only "remembered" when he thought it would benefit him. Phoney baloney.

o

"The mom is a Democrat; that pretty much says it all folks".

And this is all you can say about a woman who has lost her son, except that it wasn't the mother's place to object to anything?

Truly one of the most heartless and callous things I've ever heard anyone say. I don't know how you live with yourself. I don't want to believe that you're for real.

o

Their compassion is just as fake. No surprise.

Now watch them cry over pics of cute kittens.

o

What about Sean Smith's mom who says Obama (blessed be his name), promised her answers but she's getting nothing but the run around?

o

"nikoleta, what was the president supposed to do, cancel the fundraiser at the 11th hour"

Yes, absolutely or at least defer his appearance. This was another 9/11 terroristic attack and the last place our president should have been was at a party. I'm against nit picking our president, but the administration dropped the ball big time in regards to security at the embassy(ies) and in subsequent events.

For crying out loud, Obama went on TV condemning a video which he knew or should have known was irrelevant, instead of using it as an opportunity to speak out against the terrorism. Another ball dropped.

o

What about Sean Smith's mom who says Obama (blessed be his name), promised her answers but she's getting nothing but the run around?

I can't speak for her or the details she has or hasn't received. But I fully support this investigation into the matter.

Please stop using the phrase "Obama (blessed be his name)". That is offensive to those that take liturgy seriously.

o

awww tell me it isn't so esh. Christian bashing is a sport on this forum. Now you want to get all offended? Hey, I asked for equal respect, the answer was no. Don't worry, be happy.

o

Besides the fact that I use his, not His, which is like using god instead of God. Totally different meanings, if you happen to take the liturgy seriously that is.

o

Why not just stop using it if it offends someone? Why go out of your way to make sure it is "technically" outside the meaning yet close enough to be irksome?

o

The inference is clear and it its extremely offensive to me. However continue as you will but never, ever say again say that you do not speak disrespectfully of the president and don't whine when someone denigrate that which is sacred to you.

A true measure of Christian values is to do the right thing EVEN when others don't.

o

It sure beats "D*******"

It sure beats "Eddie Munster."

o

The inference is clear and it its extremely offensive to me. However continue as you will but never, ever say again say that you do not speak disrespectfully of the president and don't whine when someone denigrate that which is sacred to you.

A true measure of Christian values is to do the right thing EVEN when others don't.

o

And apparently it sure beats talking about real policy issues like how Romney's tax plan will increase the deficit because the math isn't there to make it be "revenue neutral" (let alone increase revenue to reduce the deficit).

If Romney is elected, look forward to the Romney/Ryan 2013 depression while they cut revenue and increase military spending at the same time.

o

The president does not have to worry about keeping the votes from his base. He does not have to worry about getting the votes of the conservatives. So how do the independents feel about the president's thinking this is just a "bump in the road" (toward democracy?). My guess is that he'll care about the votes from the uninformed and make remarks that obsolve himself, but I don't believe he'll throw anyone under the bus -- that would make too much press, and he would like this whole "bump in the road" to go away. He'll make a flowery speech during the next debate about the men who lost their lives and appeal to the tender hearts.

o

Posted by chase z6 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 15, 12 at 8:39

So rich a lecture coming from someone that does not practice such themselves on this forum and sits back silent when others do the same when it suits their purposes.

Hogwash.

o

Just more proof that this kindergarten isn't fit to govern anything, whatsoever.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here